The Glade {Maze Runner} CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, this looks interesting, and even doable, but my only qualm is the fact that you have such an odd requirement as a must for both a male and female character. Plus the whole pictures thing. A lot of people like to read descriptions. Just trying to offer advice. Oh, and another thing, why the mandatory crush? It just seems odd, relationships tend to develop on their own through roleplays.

Reactions: N/A
Erm, this looks interesting, and even doable, but my only qualm is the fact that you have such an odd requirement as a must for both a male and female character. Plus the whole pictures thing. A lot of people like to read descriptions. Just trying to offer advice. Oh, and another thing, why the mandatory crush? It just seems odd, relationships tend to develop on their own through roleplays.
Thanks for the advice!
I've done quite a few of roleplays on a different website, and stuff like this was the norm. I didn't realize that people don't do it this way on here? Usually, Male and Female characters are required because otherwise the whole roleplay consists of only females, which is SO annoying. Also, crush's are picked because if they are not, there tends to be fighting. Which is also very annoying. Determining crush's before-hand prevents stealing and such. Is this not a common thing on this website?
As for the picture: it's a personal preference of mine. I guess I'm just a visual person. You are, of course, allowed to provide a picture AND a description if you so please.

Reactions: N/A
May I please reserve a slopper and the slicer's keeper?

Thanks for the advice!
I've done quite a few of roleplays on a different website, and stuff like this was the norm. I didn't realize that people don't do it this way on here? Usually, Male and Female characters are required because otherwise the whole roleplay consists of only females, which is SO annoying. Also, crush's are picked because if they are not, there tends to be fighting. Which is also very annoying. Determining crush's before-hand prevents stealing and such. Is this not a common thing on this website?
As for the picture: it's a personal preference of mine. I guess I'm just a visual person. You are, of course, allowed to provide a picture AND a description if you so please.
Well, we tend to be balanced without prerequisites as I have noticed. The male and female demand is alien to me at least, there may be a few around who also demand it but rules like that tend to be a turn off to me at least. Fighting is very much so a fun aspect of any roleplay. IC fightings at least and thus it seems to bring a realism to it, no community survives without fighting as fighting bands people together better than most other bonding experiences. It makes them realize what's right and wrong. Fighting is essential to plot development some times. Ah, well, the requirement of pictures is not an unknown concept, just a tedious one is all.

Well, we tend to be balanced without prerequisites as I have noticed. The male and female demand is alien to me at least, there may be a few around who also demand it but rules like that tend to be a turn off to me at least. Fighting is very much so a fun aspect of any roleplay. IC fightings at least and thus it seems to bring a realism to it, no community survives without fighting as fighting bands people together better than most other bonding experiences. It makes them realize what's right and wrong. Fighting is essential to plot development some times. Ah, well, the requirement of pictures is not an unknown concept, just a tedious one is all.
Thanks for the info, it's really helpful! I'll definitely keep all of this in mind the next time I create a roleplay. ♥♥

Cortona Twire

96F.gif

tumblr_mblqqcc7aJ1rgb6s1o1_500.gif

Nicknames
N/A

Looks
Chloe Grace Moretz

Spot
Keeper of the Runners

Personality
Cortona is a hotheaded, spunky tomboy who will proudly defend herself whenever facing discrimination for her age and gender. She's quite tactless, and can come across rude, which isn't exactly inaccurate. She's crude and defensive, prone to holding various grudges against pretty much anyone, which could be considered a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view.

Extra
- Cortona looks down upon romantic involvement, but she is still prone to feelings.
- Cortona is well-known for her extreme intelligence and ability to get out of tight squeezes.
- She whidled a staff of sorts shortly after coming to the Glade, which she uses for defense.

Hilidan Packard

tumblr_inline_mkymgxibve1qz4rgp.gif

logan-lerman-Favim.com-292915.gif

Nicknames
N/A

Looks
Logan Lerman

Spot
Med-Jack

Personality
Hilidan is a kinhearted being who only wants the best for others. When you're in need of a friend, he's always around to speak a word of kindness to lift your spirits. He's extremely social and quite loyal, as well as chivalrous and polite.

Extra
- Hilidan has a light English accent that graces his voice.
- His actions can come across as romantic many times, but he's just being polite.

Can I actually switch my slopper to a track-hoe? Sorry, I totally got confused with that. ^^;

Hey! I'd love to join ^^ Can I make a reservation on a bagger for my boy and the track-hoes keeper for my girl? I'll be filling the CS later tonight or tomorrow :)

600full-ginny-gardner.jpg

Name: Adelaide
Nicknames: Addie, Leah, Rosemary, Nightshade, Nightingale
Looks: Ginny Gardner
Spot: Track-hoe
Personality: Adelaide is very sweet, kind, timid, outgoing, shy, humble, modest, gentle, careful, and helpful. She's a total sweetheart, despite the fact she can be a bit naive. She's easy to love, and hard to hate. She is very forgiving and caring, it's impossible to get on her bad side.
Extra:
-
Adelaide loves meeting new people and making friends
- She earned the nickname 'Rosemary' from the fact she frequently smells of the herb due to her work in the garden and the field.
- The nickname 'Nightshade' comes from the small flower she always wears in her hair.
silve+leaf+nightshade.JPG
- The nickname 'Nightingale' comes from her small frame and her frequent singing.
- She frequently spaces off
- Is VERY ticklish
- Easily embarrassed(and, when embarrassed, her voice gets higher).
- Can't lie to save her life.
- This is her usual outfit >>
kinopoisk.ru-Ginny-Gardner-1839928.jpg

~~~~~~~~
Dylan_Sprouse.jpg

Name: Maximilianus Butch
Nicknames: Max, Maximilian
Looks: Dylan Sprouse
Spot: Slicer keeper
Personality: Playful, immature, somewhat of a bad-boy, proud, witty, flirtatious, humorous, teasing, etc. On occasion, he can come off as a cocky jerk. But he's a decent guy, he just doesn't know where to stop sometimes.
Extra:
- Is very athletic and strong, he frequently brags of this to the females.
- Despite his cocky attitude, Maxis very soft and sweet deep down. Though, it takes a LOT to see through his ego.
- He'll never admit this, but he prays his respects to an animal every time he has to kill one. He also prays every morning and night.
- He loves all the other gladers, but never admits it.
- Takes his job seriously.
Casual-Men-Clothes-to-Groom-Your-Personality-7-819x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vex
Hey! I'd love to join ^^ Can I make a reservation on a bagger for my boy and the track-hoes keeper for my girl? I'll be filling the CS later tonight or tomorrow :)
Your reservations have been made. We'll probably start the roleplay tomorrow ♥

Here they are :)

Name: Cole
Nicknames: -
Looks: young Jensen Ackles

Jensen_Ackles_Smallville_Promo_WB.jpg
Spot: Bagger
Personality: He shows himself sarcastic and as if he were always in a good mood, even though he hates being in the glade, because it feels like a prison to him. Cole wants to leave and have a life he could choose. He's really protective, active and doesn't know when is the moment to shut up, or what would be better to not say. He likes company but doesn't mind being alone.

Extra:
-Hates being call by something else than his name, his name is everything he remembers and that's why he thinks that it is the only thing from the real world.
-Hates following orders and rules, but most of the time he do it anyways.
-He's always moving around.
-Takes his job really seriously, but he claims that he knows how to do it, so he won't listen to the keepers orders.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Hailey
Nicknames: H, Ally
Looks:
Grace Victoria Cox
grace_victoria_cox.jpg

Spot: Track-hoes keeper
Personality: Calm, smart and not talkative. She's really quiet, so she'll probably surprise you with her intelligence and skills. She is usually friendly, but she may get a little conceited. As it have been said, she doesn't talk a lot, but when she does, she'll openly speak her thoughts, and this may not always be good.
Extra:
-Really good at her spot, specially because she knows exactly which are the right times for planting and harvesting.
-She's also great with the physical work, she doesn't look as strong as she actually is.
-Loves watching at the stars at night.
-She's usually drawing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice!
You choose really strange forums to RP on then. Ones filled almost completely with girls, apparently. Yeah I wouldn't go around saying that people HAVE to have 2 characters, and that they have to be of opposite genders. Some people aren't very good at keeping track of 2 people at once, and some people aren't comfortable roleplaying a character they were essentially forced to make and who is pretty much just an extra to keep the GM happy. I don't usually roleplay crushes at all, I'm awful at that kind of thing. But, from observing other people, it seems to me that (love triangles, are they called?) are really good at deepening character relationships and can be incredibly useful as plot devices too, especially in roleplays where there are a lot of people crushed into a small space. Remember, it's all just roleplay, so the only kind of fighting you should actively be trying to prevent as GM is fights between the players directly that slips over into the RP. The problem with forcing people to use a picture is that some people, myself included, have a very hard time finding images. I always get an image of a character in my mind before searching for a close enough picture, unless, like with my second character here, I have no idea what I wanted them to be like and made a character around an image. I won't even join an RP if it requires that I use a real life image simply because at least 90% of real life people don't look anything like what my characters would be like, and I also don't really like looking at real life images much so you can perhaps imagine how annoying it is then having to look at a real life picture for a long time trying to work out a character to go with it.

Name: Adelaide
Nicknames: Addie, Leah, Rosemary, Nightshade, Nightingale
Looks: Ginny Gardner
Spot: Track-hoe
Personality: Adelaide is very sweet, kind, timid, outgoing, shy, humble, modest, gentle, careful, and helpful. She's a total sweetheart, despite the fact she can be a bit naive. She's easy to love, and hard to hate. She is very forgiving and caring, it's impossible to get on her bad side.
Extra:
-
Adelaide loves meeting new people and making friends
- She earned the nickname 'Rosemary' from the fact she frequently smells of the herb due to her work in the garden and the field.
- The nickname 'Nightshade' comes from the small flower she always wears in her hair. - The nickname 'Nightingale' comes from her small frame and her frequent singing.
- She frequently spaces off
- Is VERY ticklish
- Easily embarrassed(and, when embarrassed, her voice gets higher).
- Can't lie to save her life.
So, you say she's impossible to hate, but this is pretty much exactly the kind of person Rukoko would hate :P

Status
Not open for further replies.