The Ghost, The Girl, and The Shut in

He didn't like her eyes...but he did at the same time. He hated the way that she looked at him like she knew him. She looked at him and it felt like she could see into his broken and tierd soul. But her eyes were stunning at the same time, serene. She was giving him that same look as he told her about how much it hurt Richard to see her cry like she just did. The woman did seem to be calming down. It wasn't like he didn't know how to comfort someone it it was just that he didn't want to...and he didn't expect anything in return. It wasn't reasonable to expect something you did not give. Blake kept eye contact with her long enough to see in her eyes a few different emotions. The lady reached up and wiped the tears from her eyes and he moved his gaze to the floor. Blake immeditly tried to push any caring emotion from his eyes. He had spent so many years hardening his emotions and hiding them from everyone else, he couldn't let it slip now. Laura then stood up, speaking to him. He squeezed his eyes shut as she said his name, hiding anything that might have shown through. Blake shook his head, turning it away from the widow.

The next thing he knew he heard her thanking him and he opened his eyes again but not looking at her. But he could sense some guilt in her tone, and if he looked at her probably would show in her expression as well. Blake did not say a word...just letting her speak or silence fill the air. She took a step closer to him and told him that she was indebted to him for the rest of her life. The medium shook his head at that statement. He could tell she was truthful when she said it but If that meant he would have to keep having visits from outsiders he didn't want that. He just wanted to forget this ever happened and go back to hiding from the world that had so wronged him. The widow continued speaking saying she wanted to pay him back for what he did but knew money was not going to be enough. Blake didn't even need money, he had enough of that. But what she told him she wanted to do was help him with his grieving and obviously not in the way that he had done for her. As a medium. Laura said she would try in different ways to help him. He clenched his jaw and shook his head once again, looking up to her, pain, distance. and hurt in his eyes.

"I've locked myself away for years and you think it will be just that easy? It is not a quick fix. And if I have to compare it to this I will but I refuse to have my cast ripped off. I don't see any need to either. You are just someone who came in here and made me feel obligated to help you...I don't want anyone's help...I don't deserve it either for being a shut in who contributes nothing to society. It would do you better to just forget like I exsist like the rest of society..."

The medium looked away, back towards his computer screen, trying to ignore the fact she was there. He was so much more comfortable alone and wanted it to return that way. But she stepped in close to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, practically begging him to let her help him, almost desprate sounding. As he turned to look at her again he saw Richard just watching on. He had nothing else to say to Laura and it seemed like it was the same thing for Laura to Richard. It would be a hard road ahead of her but she would definitly be okay in time. But then again the look on his face was gentle...relieved, a slight smile across his lips. Richard too thanked him and sighed, going over to the sofa, becoming lost in the many thoughts in his head. Blake then knew that she wouldn't move or leave until he agreed. A heavy sigh slipped from his lips and he looked up at her considering if he should really agree to this. The medium clenched his fists so hard they began shaking. After a long while he unclenched his fists, looking to the floor.

"Fine. Do your best but I promise you I am stubborn and won't make this easy on you..."

(Sorry it is short! >.< I will try and make it better next time, and Longer!)

At first Laura got the feeling that Blake won't let her help. He was stubborn about his grieving not even noticing what harm it had done to him. He was torturing himself for something he could no longer change. He separated himself from his family just to drown himself in the eternal pain of losing a loved person. Her hopes almost vanished especially, when he told her that he didn't want anyone's help. Her heart sank low in her chest. She wanted to repay him so badly; she wanted to make him feel better. Of course, she was aware that this wouldn't be as easy as clicking your fingers but she was willing to try. In fact, Laura wanted to try not just for her own good feeling of being a good customer but also for Richard about whom Laura knew that he would do the same if the situation was reversed. She waited patiently if Blake had anything else to say. As if there was something else to say. Maybe he could change his mind, Laura thought hopefully. However, she wasn't the type that gave up so easily. If she has decided to do something, she gave herself to the idea entirely. At one point she saw the change in Blake's eyes. It was a subtle shift that she more likely apprehended after Blake's next statement.

"I know it won't be easy Blake and I am not saying it will be. You have been here with yourself for far too long though," she said with an undertone of understanding. She did understand that the way lying ahead of both of them would be hard to get over but the journey would teach them both a lesson. What lesson? She didn't know yet.

"Maybe for now, we could just enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in here and talk about anything, like movies, music and stuff," she proposed, thinking that a casual talk might help Blake to get used to a presence of another person and it probably could get him used to talking to someone else than himself too. It was all just a speculation and it would either work or not. Laura was no professional therapist but she would try her best to imitate one. This little "session" also helped her to take her mind of what was about to come. Deep inside, she knew that she would have to arrange Richard's funeral. It would be painful but it must be done. Giving Blake a subtle smile, she pushed her dark thoughts into the back of her mind. "If you want I can help you with it," Laura added, sounding friendly and happy to help with such an ordinary chore.

(Don't apologize. Just look at my post, it isn't the best I can do, but that's because I am having cold. I will improve next as well)