The Evrensel Conflict- Chapter 3,Mission 2: The Hijacking

Emma looks approvingly at Delsin Rowe when he throws in his support for Operation True Exodus. She hears the largest individual ask who she is, and can't help but smile remembering Hulk, and hopes he will be able to actually assist; if the entrance is big enough. To have such a living battering ram would be worth the extra effort to hide his presence on her part.

"Aside from stealing the ship, how do we exactly go about it?"

"I am a telepath, if that is not apparent now. I have used it sparingly these two years as the military is aware of and equipped against telepaths. But since this will be my last hurrah, as it were, I will use the full reach of my vast telepathy to disguise everyone as my personal guards. I can even fool those watching cameras. I won't be able to cover us from the entrance to the ship itself, they would detect and neutralize my powers before then. But I can at least get us all past the entrance."

"Why the hell should we help you! I don't give a fuck about these people, this people sent me to a prison in bumfuck nowhere, and I got tortured, and manhandled, and nearly FUCKING DIED! Fuck your people, I want off this planet for good!"

…….

Sssssorry, about that, he's.... I don't know him very well." Garrus felt like he had to make up some sort of excuse. "Garrus Vakarian." He offered his hand out to shake Emma's. "What do you know about this ship?"

Emma had watched Alec's entire tirade with a stoic grace. It had been on the Bad Zone of what she'd expected, but far from the Worst. Her eyes followed the man's slow descent to the floor then moved to Garrus.

"This ship is hidden underground, and has been tested to be functional. Those were my only assurances with the promise I would learn the full capabilities at my pre-flight visit. From an outside perspective, suspect, I will wholly agree. But trust me when I say the military and other government officials have shown that above all else they have worked to ensure their own power and survival. If said ship had shown any sign of failure for either goal, they would not bother mentioning it at all." Emma tells Garrus what little she knows of the ship.

As more come forward, Emma feels more at home than she has in two years. In her initial observations, she is reminded of the X-Men by all of them in one way or another. Like Kassandra of Sparta reminds her of the cantankerous yet honorable Wolverine.

"Markha, former Jedi Knight of the Jedi Order. " Markha does not know for certain if that means anything to anyone else here, much less Emma Frost, or if her act of drawing her lightsaber and igniting its bright blue blade meant anything more. All she knows in those moments they feel right. That The Force was guiding her.

"And I have but one question: is this a quest that needs our immediate attention, or can some of us -" She nods at Alec "-

Have some time to recover?"

"I am a skilled pilot, and know that whatever make or model this ship is, I can help pilot her to the people who truly need salvation."

Markha's question folds well into the questions from others who follow.

"The pre-flight visit will be in three hours. While it would be best everyone had a full nights sleep and a full stomach, those of you who have volunteered will have to settle for less sleep than needed. Believe me, if I had the option to postpone, I would. It is one of many ways my authority is being undermined." Emma says with a tinge of anger.

"I will await you all here, and bring you to the facility."

Abby Dee/Courier Six - Character Sheet

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to do that. Abby thinks as Alec goes off on his tirade about the entirety of this situation.

Alright just gonna let him blow off his steam and when he feels better he'll be all for this here mission.

"Al?!" Abby misses her chance to catch Alec when he collapses out of exhaustion.

"Well damn." She is assisted in flipping Alec over by the ghost...skull..thing that had freaked out Alec the most apparently.

Is this tree thing just gonna get weirder? She thinks as she listen to first Reegan, then the very assertive Kassandra whose tone she doesn't appreciate. She makes a mental note to get her back for that later at some random point in the future, somehow. For now Abby only nods. Nods with a glare but at least in the affirmative.

"Don't know what you're talking about, Tree, but I got a better idea whatever it is ya mean." Abby says to Reegan.

"Alright, to the TARDIS with ya Al." Abby says lifting up Al partially by the arms so his head rests against her mostly bare chest, as she had chosen to remain in the star-spangled bikini she'd been relaxing in prior to all this.

"Gonna getcha a bath, a good greasy meal and change of clothes don't you worry….ugh." Abby says with some strain as she drags Alec out of the hall in the direction of the TARDIS, the one that had been left behind as a base of operations for the others.

"Yeah don't you worry Abby's gotcha."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Epiphany
While Samuel had hoped they would be able to get more time to rest, he understood that they were on a deadline. There were missions like that sometimes, and you just had to play the hand that you were dealt.

So he approached Reegan for help, understanding that she was some sort of magic-user. While she couldn't do anything directly about his mental strain, she could create some sort of magic field that would enhance recovery and allow him to have a restful sleep, even with the short time they had. He gladly took her up on the offer.

It was honestly an amazing experience. He was glad that there were somethings from other universes that were undoubtedly good. It helped put his mind a little more at ease.

. . .

After napping for a good couple hours, Samuel joined the others to grab a quick meal. Already he felt far better than before. He could tell that he was still carrying a great amount of lingering stress and probably trauma too, but he was at least able to set that aside for the sake of the mission now.

Emma Frost seemed like she really cared about her people. He still had lingering doubts about if she had ulterior motives, but...he wanted to believe she was sincere. For now, he was going to take her at her word. He very much hoped she didn't give him a reason to regret that. Aside from that, they were going to need make more allies in order to find a way to fix whatever ungodly mess they had all been thrown into.

After eating, he took the remaining time to check his gear and make sure it was all in working order. By some miracle, it seemed everything was still intact and operational, if scuffed up.

Last edited:
Reegan started to follow in halting steps as Abby left with Alec, not sure what to say, as the determined will of the Blessed quieted from meditation to recover their own sense and faculties. Left with just the two blessed on her shores left her to console with a rub of her own shoulders. Stalled from following by deciding she might make things worse if he woke up. A broader sense of the world came with the absence of the cultist's single-mindedness in a sudden wonder about Zhen's health. She could see the fractures in his ether but didn't see anything that wouldn't recompose. Nothing about the tethered soul had changed since she'd interred the soiled raiment Zhen once lived in. It didn't seem right to her for Alec to fear the same friend, but Zhen seemed to understand him.

Agitated woody rubbing of her forearms was interrupted by Samuel asking for the glen to sleep in and smiled at being able to help. A soul needed time to rest when the soiled raiment often could give less than the soul asked. The yellow sunlit glow from inside her returned with her mood and a smile.

Her smile beamed with balled fists at her chest, "Oh, yes! Just rest. I will open the glen and say my name to yourself as you fall asleep."

She reached out and pat his shoulder, "I know your name. I can hear your soul just fine as long as you're close."

Reegan's hair full of blueberries and small flowers sways to look about at the others, "Um, though somebody just hit me with something when it's time to wake up with whoever is in the glen. If I turn inward, I won't feel time so well."

"You'll have to wait in the glen too," she said to Zhen to which he merely nodded with a bow and salutation. That she smiled in response was more than enough to show him he'd argued wisely with the Blessed not to unbalance a developing living mind.

She set to picking a few of the berries from her hair, not as food, but a substance with which to draw a circle just large enough for herself. The pattern came from deep memory within her bramble where the Blessed remain but without that monotone noise if they stood on her shores. Harsh angular strokes of Dovahzul from the sharp nib of a claw in moist blue that quivered as it drew on the dirty floor. Words of power were a thing one communicated and to whom you were speaking was paramount. As she wrote Gaan Lah Haas upon the floor the shiny paths cracked through dirt with a created loci now wrought. Each called forth other tales of the words from antiquity as she focused on them now in three points facing her, rather than outward at an enemy. Knelt at their center and hands cupped prepares to draw of herself and give to others.

As she mouthed the words they ignited beneath her as much the yellow light of her own eyes turned to red sunset then away. A verdant green overtook her barky hands as a thin blue haze emerged from blueberry sodden fingertips. A small blue pip emerged sometime later deep within the cup of her fuzzy green hands.

~~~

As Samuel finally fell asleep the world fell dark, then fell deeper still, only for a weightless grassy sensation to overtake. Aches and pains soothed and softened somewhere by a wind that rustled down between tall blades of the grassy field he was in. The mind insisted there was the ground where there seemed only endless grass blades among faint light only that for sluggish mind's eye to finally notice the feet weren't there. The sky above as perfectly empty and blue as one's invisible body. Though the hazy horizon was not empty in ten tall glistening peaks from which the warm wind flowed with the scent of blueberries.

Time passed here, minds of the living expected such, but strangely resisted the pseudo-dreamscape that one followed two but without the sense of time. Or perhaps like another faint yellow-robed speck to surface into view among the tall grass that simply never opened their eye at all and meditated in acceptance of the wind flowing through their absence of body.

The only true sense of passing time opposed those ten peaks far in the distance. Each seeing a familiar landscape pocked with burnt and drought scarred hills by some action now passed. A natural recovery overtook as those familiar lands slowly turn green or gulfs of seared forest repopulated an inner ecology even though crevasses of that damage remain. Likely recognition of that land by their own face at its end still something distant. Touched by Reegan's power to maintain their soul's connection here for her abundance to drain for their benefit.

~~~

Eventually, after the requisite rude awakening, those that stayed fell back through the glen and into their bodies. Reegan found somewhere to sit and regain her balance and senses while picking the fruit from her head onto a cleaned surface. Certainly edible, as long as she wasn't taking damage here could afford to take large amounts of those firm blueberries growing from flower buds erupting as each fruit is removed.

Last edited:
  • Creative
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Trigger
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Trigger continued to fiddle with his stolen rifle. He eventually figured out he could change the colors of the strange lights that were on the contraption, switching it from red, to green, to blue, and then back to red. Other than the changing of colors, he couldn't find anything that particularly stood out about the rifle. It was similar to the other guns from his world, it used a special energy in the batteries it contained to fire a beam of super heated light.

He sighed, watching as Reegan created a small rest area for the more weary of the group. Trigger himself was fine, which he found odd. Sure, he had seen monsters beyond his imagination that nearly killed him and made him think he was a turtle, but he couldn't scratch the feeling that his mind had suffered something worse. He shook the thought off and unclipped the rebreather from his face. It got uncomfortable at times and the fact that he had been wearing it for so long without taking it off was getting to him. Those who had not seen Trigger without his mask would see a surprisingly younger face. Despite his rough personality, his facial features were soft and almost devoid of irregularities. The only thing that made him slightly off putting to look at were the eyes and the blonde-ish stripe in his black hair. As everyone situated themselves, he took to distancing himself from the group and decided to guard the main entrance to the room while the group rested.

Layyel stood awkwardly as the rest of the tinies began to rest and do various things that frankly, Layyel didn't understand. With his friends being preoccupied with the other tinies and having nothing to really do, Layyel decided to sit and rest his back against a particularly green part of the wall which had been covered in moss and various other plant life. As he rested against the wall, Layyel watched the tinies that were his new adventuring friends.

They were all much different from what Layyel would usually expect from tinies. For one they all had such fancy trinkets that boggled his mind, like Murr-kah's light stick and the magic box. Even now, the tinies were walking in and out of it, holding food and other goodies. Secondly, they all looked... pretty. Unlike his old tiny friends, everyone looked healthy, their skins all fleshy and plump. They sort of reminded him of... of...

Who did they remind him of?

The worms in his spine tingled as something pulsed in his brain.

He knew! He knew someone that looked like them! With bright eyes and soft skin! Something tugged inside his thoughts as something came to him, like bright eyes being pulled from their sockets as a hammer met his chin as he fell

and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell and fell

Then stopped.

Soon after, Layyel realized his hands were clutching his helmet. Releasing the pressure from his helmet, Layyel straightened his back from the slumped position he had somehow found himself in, a few small droplets of reddish black stuff adorning his knees. When had that happened? He was... doing something, that he was sure of. Absentmindedly, Layyel tried rubbing his eyes, forgetting that his helmet was in the way. In the end, he decided to awkwardly pat the front of his helmet as he tried to remember what he was doing and where exactly he was. In the end though, he gave up on trying to remember things and decided to just sharpen his sword a bit more. That usually helped him out.

Last edited:
Being that the journey here had not been exhaustive, Markha only opts to get some nourishment and practice in the time allotted. She sees people, inexplicably, enter what should be a single-person booth that says it is a 'Police Public Call Box' and cannot resist her curiosity to follow them.

Within she finds the TARDIS is far more vast than she had thought possible, with various compartments. Since the owner, one of the three people who called themselves The Doctor, were not present she noted to ask for a tour and explanation later. One of these compartments was a cantina where she got from a machine a simple bowl of vegetable soup, and lightly toasted bread.

Markha returns to the hall where Emma Frost stood waiting. She notices the odd...area that the plant being had created being utilized and seeing Layyel near that, sit next to him.

"Hello friend" She says to Layyel and sits cross-legged with her lightsaber on the floor in front of her. She sits there with eyes closed hands folded in her lap. She raises her right hand, palm down. In her mind Markha reaches back to her lessons with Master Yoda as a youngling; that first lesson in refining their use of The Force.

The helmets. They were large and made to block their vision and hearing. So the only way they could receive Master Yoda's instruction was through The Force and they could not rely on their eyes to lose focus as they concentrated.

Markha feels out through The Force for her lightsaber.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." Markha recites Master Yoda's first teaching to the younglings like she had been. Her lightsaber sits still. Markha maintains her discipline to not open her eyes to verify.

"Trust in The Force, you must." She repeats Master Yoda again. Her lightsaber lifts slowly off the ground without making a sound. Next, she moves her thumb as she would to activate it when in her hand.

She hears the blue blade hiss to life, and smiling, calls it to her hand. Her fingers close around the cold durasteel Her thumb rolls over the activator switch and the blade is gone. So she at least had a grasp of the basic skills after so long; that is a great relief to Markha.

"I'm ready."

Delsin Rowe

Delsin's way of passing time was basically sitting on a wrecked table, pulling out his phone and began to play through some random games saved on his phone. And when he couldn't entertain himself that way, he would just take a short rest like everyone else was doing at the moment, and after going through a short span of time that he remained awake before sleep took him. Said time was used to set an alarm for Delsin to wake up to.

Dreaming little to nothing as he was within range of the glen that Reegan made, Delsin's time spent resting was uneventful.

So when his alarm went off, Delsin nearly fell off the table he was using to rest on, fumbling his phone as it nearly fell onto the floor when he woke up. The chain wrapped around his arm rattling as he rubbed his face as he tried to get the sleepiness out of his head and body, Delsin honestly hoped that after this they could get themselves proper beds as tables and floors would not do so well in the long run. Especially if they were stuck with the TARDIS.

Hopping off the table, Delsin stretched to the soreness out of his back. Ready to get this mission done and over with.

@Amber Franklin @YeetLee @littlekreen @Wade Von Doom @BazusoTheGrey

• Sweet
Lavaetain, however, had a rather interesting way of passing the time. She sat down in a corner and... promptly tried to pull out a smartphone, only to scowl. "The people at the prison must have taken it. I didn't even think to check for it. Oh well, doubt I'd get reception here or that I'd even be registered. Maybe if I exist here in a different form and my doppleganger used the exact same info, password, hobbies, and everything..." she shook her head. "No. That's just being silly. She's probably just some dumb blonde girl here."

With that she stopped and conjured up some small balls of flame which she casually started to toss about, changing their color, causing them to shrink and grow in brightness, even explode slightly if harmlessly...

And before long she was lining up two armies of flame spheres, one red and one blue, around her for battle. The two orbs rolling towards each other and crashing into each other to 'fight' as Lava made small explosion sounds, the sounds of combat, and the like with her mouth as she did her best to pass the time.

Then, when the time came, the fireballs vanished immediately. She jumped upright, snapping to a ready stance, back to the professional form everyone who knew her would be used to. A small burst of fire erupted beside her as her blade came into being in her hand, at the ready. "Ready and alert Ms. Frost."

• Haha
As the others got their rest, The Doctor was busying himself with seeing this TARDIS. At least he knew he had a future. Though, stylistically, he disagreed entirely with the aesthetic, it was like a weird beehive cave. He began fiddling with the buttons on the console, seeing what they did. They looked similar to the ones from his TARDIS, so the change wasn't too drastic, but one button did make a loud BOW-WOW Noise. He quickly turned that off, then looked around to see if anybody noticed. Thankfully, Emma would walk into the room before she saw what happened. "Ah! Our mysterious savior." 11 commented, moving around the console to greet her. "I don't believe we've fully acquainted, I'm the Doctor. Well, one of them at least, gets terribly confusing." At least they looked different enough to tell which Doctor was which. They just needed a name beyond 'The Doctor.' "Tell me, how long have you been on this planet? And where exactly did you arrive on it? It's become apparent the location of where 'scattered' arrive is random, some are in the ruins of a city, others in the wild, no rhyme or reason. Though, the same could be said with why we're here at all, and another group is trying to find that answer elsewhere in the main city."

@Amber Franklin

• Love
Delsin Rowe

"It's hard to explain, Eugene's tried to explain to me the specifics of it, but I kept getting bored and wandering off as he explained Video." As Kaz made her next statement. The face Delsin made was one of prepared pain as he held his hand out to shake hands with Kaz. "Be warned, it's gonna be a ride." He'd say as he made physical contact with Kaz.

And for the next couple of seconds, he would stand there, face going from wincing to confusion as nothing happened. No surge of electricity, or both collapsing as one's mind replayed their history to Delsin. Nothing. So Delsin was confused, as this usually happened with Conduits so why not with others? But it seemed he was confined to only being a power sponge for Conduit powers. "Seems like I ain't gonna be leeching powers off anyone here. Was worth a try." He'd finish as he patted Kaz on the shoulder.

Delsin would look back at Seras who had just arrived, and being ever the helpful man he was. Delsin's response was "We yoinking a ship from the assholes in charge and using it to help the little guys. That and we get a cool ship, so win-win.

"Damn. Would have been at least a bit cool. I coulda taught yah quite a lot." Kaz responded with a slight sigh and shook her head.

In the downtime they had, Kaz could be found going through some motions, almost as if she was shadowboxing in slow motion. A strange mix of movements that resembled martial arts from earth, but it seemed to be based around conserving momentum in a circular motion. She did so while idly listening to the conversations at hand, taking in the state of her allies. Her style changed ever so slightly, her body more grounded and rigid, her strikes quick and precise as the room filled with the smell of ozone. Once her small warm up was finished she took a step back and began to smooth her hair out as it had began to float up as if it was charged with static.

"Alright. I'm a tad bit bored. So, unless we have a timeframe to hold to, could we get going? Otherwise... I'mma find a nice corner to sit in, and start working on some stupid stuff. The spell I made earlier needs a few tweaks and updates... That is. Unless someone is down for a small amount of sparring before we get going." She offered to the group as she moved over to a table with her hands clasped. Her hair still wanting to float up into the sky.

Trigger

Everyone had been relaxing for some time in the broken down stage room. The tall creature that wore a metal helmet had taken to sharpening his sword quietly, at one point he gripped his helmet in… pain? Boredom? Trigger couldn't really tell. A little ways from him was the pink skinned woman, meditating and reciting different teachings. Trigger didn't really care for meditation, it seemed like it would be more annoying than relaxing to him. She seemed to be handling it well though as her posture was straight and her breathing was steady. Delsin was over on top of a table taking a nap, along with samuel. They looked strange while they were asleep, as if all of the stress from their lives had disappeared.

All the watching was honestly getting boring. Trigger needed something to do other than just lean on a wall and stare. He would have set up a shooting range of some sort, but then he'd probably be yelled at for causing a stir. He sighed and rubbed his face, the soreness from wearing his mask had mostly gone away but now all that was left was the marks of where the mask was pressed into his skin. A few minutes passed, and the girl who's name was Kaz stood up. She was also bored and looking for a little sparring session. "Y'know what, fuck it, I'll do some sparring with you." Trigger said, leaning his stolen rifle against the wall and clipping the mask back onto his face. He wasn't that professional of a fighter, but he had done a fair share of brawls in the streets and the underground fighting ring. "Just don't expect some high class boxing or whatever," He warned, shrugging.

"Y'know what, fuck it, I'll do some sparring with you." Trigger said, leaning his stolen rifle against the wall and clipping the mask back onto his face. He wasn't that professional of a fighter, but he had done a fair share of brawls in the streets and the underground fighting ring. "Just don't expect some high class boxing or whatever," He warned, shrugging.

"Alright. Take it you don't do hand to hand as your main way of fighting then?" She gave a light smirk as she bounced back and forth between the balls of her feet. "But hey, might be able to give you some pointers then. You know, after I pick yah up off the ground. Never know when you might need it." That light smirk on her face turned to a cocky smile as she widened her stance and squared up to Trigger. She didn't want to show off, but she did know how to aggravate people. Get him motivated to throw a real punch, and then go from there.

The others do what they need to prepare for the mission. Emma stands on the dais, taking in everything she can about these people/other beings as they gathered. Her interest is piqued by the TARDIS which Abby had dragged Alec into, and The Doctor enters soon after. Seems worth looking into how and why three people got into such a small box.

Collaboration with Wade von Doom

As the others got their rest, The Doctor was busying himself with seeing this TARDIS. At least he knew he had a future. Though, stylistically, he disagreed entirely with the aesthetic, it was like a weird beehive cave. He began fiddling with the buttons on the console, seeing what they did. They looked similar to the ones from his TARDIS, so the change wasn't too drastic, but one button did make a loud BOW-WOW Noise. He quickly turned that off, then looked around to see if anybody noticed. Thankfully, Emma would walk into the room before she saw what happened. "Ah! Our mysterious savior." 11 commented, moving around the console to greet her. "I don't believe we've fully acquainted, I'm the Doctor. Well, one of them at least, gets terribly confusing." At least they looked different enough to tell which Doctor was which. They just needed a name beyond 'The Doctor.' "Tell me, how long have you been on this planet? And where exactly did you arrive on it? It's become apparent the location of where 'scattered' arrive is random, some are in the ruins of a city, others in the wild, no rhyme or reason. Though, the same could be said with why we're here at all, and another group is trying to find that answer elsewhere in the main city."

Emma walks into the strange police box, and she immediately assumes it has to be magical in nature even with the technological bells and whistles seen. She greets the Doctor with a nod and slight smile. Trying to probe this one's mind is a mess she gives up. Its like trying to read the mind of a beehive, but bigger and more chaotic.

"I've been here for five years, two months, and thirty days." She answers him first without a moment to think. "And I arrived here, actually, in this very hall."

"What were you doing before you suddenly arrived here?" He asked her, looking down at the console as he finally figured out some of the buttons.

"I was getting ready to address the new students." Emma smiles wider at the memory. For a just a second. "I was Headmistress of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. It was, to put it simple as possible, a place for young people with extraordinary abilities to learn how to control their powers for the benefit of themselves and humankind. How tragic that I would come to this place, then, where the gifted and different are actively hunted and imprisoned."

"Hm...." The Doctor moaned, compiling his thoughts. "And you received no contact from anyone as to why you showed up here?" She would've been hunted down by the same soldiers that imprisoned 11's group when they arrived here, but beyond that, she never got an explanation for why she arrived here.

"Did you?" Emma comes up to the console and looks it over, trying to find some sense of this machine without touching.

"No. I tried to reach out for my friends, my allies, even my enemies as far as my mind could reach. Only a Wasteland of feral monsters and a team of men on their way to me."

"Besides you, and a big fleshy planet sized monster, I haven't received a single clue as to why we're all here." Emma would find that The Doctor was looking at a screen overhead in the console's center, and it was scanning the whole planet. "That monster did tell us something though, at least one of its minions did. The legethog r'luhhor, meaning the false god. Sheogorath, the mad god we met in the lobby also echoed that notion, and with this," he brought up the picture of the Centurion on the screen. "It's our only lead to a culprit. Whoever this is, they brought us here for a reason. I could come up with a hundred different theories, but they don't have any proof to support them, except," when the scans finished, he began flashing up the results on the screen.

The image was of the planet, and it scanned for any anomalies. There were a few rifts being shown on several continents, each one different in size, and each bearing the same energy signature that teleported them all to this world.

Emma comes up behind Eleven to look at the screen.

"Well, I can't say I've ever seen someone like that here. Looks vaguely similar to the Ghost Rider of my home universe though." Emma shakes her head "I doubt it's one of them. As for those anomalies; the scientific community may be aware of them, but the government is too concerned with maintaining border security to venture out and study them."

"But if it continues, that will undoubtedly destroy this universe." The Doctor said plainly. "Two worlds shifting into one singular point, it breaks the scientific logic that keeps the worlds apart. I can't even imagine how destructive that would be... I mean, I can, but when I put it into words, it goes, buuuuush." He made that sound, and spread his hands apart to mimic an explosion.

"... But that'd be inappropriate." He looked back at the screen, resting his hands on the console. "We need to find out how this is happening. We already have teams all over the city, and I'm counting on your help to give us some more leads to find those answers."

"Afraid I can't be of much more help, Doctor. I am only the representative who dares to speak for the commoners, after all." She comes around him and taps the screen, on the energy signature closest to New Moscow.

"This? I've heard nothing about it. Project Exodus is a secret shared only in the government, and a serious one at that. But if this is an even deeper secret, I can only think a man named Kane knows more about it. I would have your people find and question him. Which I could, maybe, help with." Emma shrugs.

Suddenly some pieces started coming together. "....This man, Kane. What do you know of him?"

"His name is Kane Kucan. Military Representative. Had his post before I came here. Textbook definition of a warhawk, a fascist through and through." She states without tact and all vinegar. "He looks like this." The Doctor would get a mental image of the man in that moment. "And if he is not overseeing the facility we are going to infiltrate, he would be at the prison overseeing it's misery is being maintained."

Fun sounding lad was this Kane. "Do you have any reason to believe he's also a scattered?"

"I suspect. I made it far as a secret Scattered, after all." Emma steps back and shakes her head "Most people either fear or hate Scattered. But him, I felt it was neither. As if they were a means and an obstacle to him."

"What if.... He's planning on returning to his universe?" The Doctor started to say. "Project Exodus, bit of an easy guess to say he's planning on leaving, and with a ship in mind, that's easy, but why take a ship out into space with only a limited number of people? That's not colony size, you couldn't make a big enough population on some distant planet, especially if they're all political figures from this world. What if instead, he's planning on not just filling up that ship with people, but technology? Weapons, schematics, any advanced or alien technology that's brought here, he puts on that ship, and maybe he's not even going to put those politicians on the ship, but soldiers and those who he's studying in those same prisons made for scattered like him. Things he could use back in his home world, and he can go back because we already know there's something on this world that's creating roads between universes. What if he has that ability to create those roads, and with the technology, he will replicate it in his home world. You say he's a military representative, but he has more power that he should in this place, so that would make him a great manipulator, and people like that would want to be in positions of great power, and to get there, you would need experience in manipulating so many in this big spider web of deceit and deception, so he's an experienced leader that has done this for years if not decades, and if so... What if he's planning an invasion into other worlds across multiple universes?" The Doctor tended to ramble, and as he did, he paced around the console as he spoke aloud his thought process, before looking back to Emma with that question.

What if Kane was planning on creating an empire that expanded beyond any in history? "He might not be the one bringing us all here, but maybe he's going to take advantage of that mysterious power for his own benefit."

Emma stands there listening to the rambling of The Doctor and following his movements, thinking and I thought Deadpool was a rambler.

"Little bit of a stretch, Doctor, but only a bit." Emma nods when he allows her time to talk. "Whatever his full motive, it is vital the others know and get to him soon as possible." She looks around the console.

"Do you have some way to contact your other team? I can't risk extending my telepathy farther out to do it myself."

"They've got radios on them, I'll send the update. You gather up the others. We have a ship to steal!" The Doctor quickly scuttled off to inform the other teams. If his theory with Kane was correct, then they might have a way out of this world.

=================

Emma steps out from the TARDIS and marches to the dais. Her steps echo loudly in the hall. There could be no delay now. If The Doctor was correct, not only was this world doomed, but the universe itself as well; that made this mission all the more urgent. They needed to get this ship, load it, and hope Kane has fitted it with something to escape this universe before it ends.

On the short walk from the TARDIS to the dais Emma makes the decision to keep this from her team. For now. The mission was already asking for them to put a lot of trust in her.

Standing on the dais looking out at the weathered and rotten dance floor, Emma watches those who had volunteered gather.

Abby has donned the armor she took from the prison armory, and holds the rifle it was packed with as well. The Survivalist is slung across her back and Dirt Nap strapped to her right thigh.

Abby's Armor

"I hope you have all used this time wisely. From here there will be no chance to rest or restock. The Doctor will take us in his box to an abandoned subway station near the secret facility. I urge you to stay with the group, and when at the facility, do not speak or act out of turn. Rest assured that with my telepathic powers I can convince all who see our group, that they are seeing only myself and my security detail of human soldiers. Full disclosure, I cannot guide us through the entire facility; eventually they will detect my power and neutralize it. At that point, we must do all we can to steal the ship and fly it to the Exodus Point." When she says 'Exodus Point', all whose minds she can enter receive a mental image of a dull red tower among the others with a faded sign that says 'Paradise Tower' on the top.

"There, you will find my adopted people waiting.I am trusting you all to take them off this world and to safety, even if I do not survive this mission." Emma says solemnly but with resolute conviction.

Emma leads the group from the hall into the TARDIS and provides The Eleventh Doctor with the coordinates for their drop-off. The trip is quick, and the door opens out into a subway tunnel. The light from within the TARDIS cuts through the dark, illuminating part of the large space.

o0ozismxdij21.jpg

"If you have lights, turn them on, we will need it." Emma informs the others.

"Right on it." Abby turns the light on her Pip-Boy to it's maximum brightness giving her an ethereal green glow.

"Now, follow close." Emma says after all lights are on to find a clear path. They weave around the husks of subway cars, vehicles, unidentifiable rubble, and parts of structures that have fallen through from the surface. They round a corner and see the distant glow of a fire. As the group walks closer they see the fire is contained in a large metal barrel with a grizzled old man in rags warming his hands over it. He has a small shanty home nearby and reeks of booze and filth. Behind his shanty home is a subway car with a pile of rubble on top of it.

The man looks up from the fire to look at Emma Frost, and appears to not see the strange group behind her.

"The A-train just left." The homeless man tells Emma. As if this was a normal day between a commuter and a transient.

"Good. I'm here for the midnight E-Train." Emma replies.

"You're right on time." The homeless man rubs his hands together and beckons for Emma to follow as he walks to the subway car behind his home. The doors, it's windows blacked out, screech open to a brightly lit and well-kept tunnel. A squad of six soldiers stand at attention on either side of the doors. They wear beige uniforms and helmets, are nothing special themselves except the weapons they hold upright with one hand.
The Weapons

Abby looks at them and stops herself from whistling how impressed she is, only thinking how she has to try and get one, maybe two of those before they escape. She has no idea how such a complex-looking gun works, but it looks deadly and that's all that matters.

Frost appears, as her name might imply, chill as a human can be as she leads them in. Within her mind she is performing a multitude of tasks all at once; entering the minds of every soldier not only in front of them, but extending her power to every mind she can reach. The soldiers in this chamber can see with their naked eyes the strange cadre of people escorting her, and those watching the video feeds can as well; Frost twists their minds into believing they are not seeing any of them as out of the ordinary.

"Welcome to the Exodus Facility, Representative Frost. Lieutenant Colonel Mikhail Baye." says an older man in the same uniform, with a beret instead of the helmet and the addition of medals and stripes for his rank. He salutes her and the squad of eight follow suit.

"I'm a very busy woman, Lieutenant Colonel. Let's skip formalities and the grand tour, and show me this vessel." Frost tells him. The man clears his throat. Emma feels resistance in his mind.

"We have our orders, unfortunately. Orders are to give you the grand tour to better show the scope of our efforts here. Please, follow me." He responds.

"Fine. But be quick about it, less gravitas the better." Emma huffs. She could overpower his will to take them directly to the hangar, but she is already pushing the boundaries of what may be detected. Best not press their luck.

The long barrel of a rifle comes into Emma's view, and it's aimed at the officer. It was Abby.

What are you doing?!

Covering our asses. He can't see this right?

They all see it, they just are not threatened by it.

Good then the second this goes South, I drop him first.

Emma has a mind to make Abby put her weapon down but the logic is sound. At any minute, they can be discovered and the fight could begin.

"First you will meet with the flight crew of the vessel." The officer starts to lead them. The squad of eight follow behind them, weapons up in a solid line.

The facility is nothing impressive on the surface, being only the long abandoned metro tunnels rebuilt to be habitable.

There is one large central tunnel which goes for two miles before bending off to the right, with lights going down smaller ones that have been dug out of the sides. In this section there are four on either side. To the right they are labeled by simple wooden signs to be Surveillance and Lockers/Showers. To the left are Barracks and Mess Hall. As the group passes, the doors to each are simple metal set in brick and mortar.

They make it around the bend and see this tunnel stretches a further four miles straight forward. There are now six doorways, but they are led to the first on their left labeled Simulation.The squad stands outside the door, ready.

Behind this door with no lock is a circular room with a high dome ceiling and ten white pods arranged in a circle around a central computer that also acts as a beeping and lightly flashing pillar of said room. The pods open, and from each comes a man in a dark blue jumpsuit who stands at attention in a line before Emma Frost and Lt. Col. Baye.

"Representative Frost, meet the flight crew. They have been drilled for the past year in simulated and real flights of the vessel. Without them and their training, Project Exodus is grounded." Baye explains.

"Commander Harold, at your service." The largest man steps forward and salutes.

Emma, while tricking this crew into thinking they were seeing nothing out of the ordinary including the commanding officer being followed by a long rifle barrel, feels the loyalty they hold to their stated mission.

That will have to change.

The crew give no physical indication that their loyalties shift to Markha, the woman with the pink skin who volunteered to be their pilot on this mission.

Good

Unbeknownst to Emma and anyone else, one of the soldiers watching the surveillance feed of the cameras flutters his eyes as Emma's telepathic control falters and he sees the group for what it is.

"What the hell are we looking at?!" The soldier looks from the screen to the five others in the Surveillance room. The others seem to ignore him completely. Training kicks in, and he knows what they may be dealing with.

"Psy-alert!" He yells and slams his thumb onto a yellow button on his panel.

The group hears a hum in the room. Emma falls onto her back on the floor, back arched and eyes rolled into the back of her head. Behind them, they hear a whirrrr as the weapons of the squad are activated and trained on them through the doorway.

Abby pulls the trigger on her rifle the moment she sees in the peripheral of her vision Emma fall to the floor. Lt. Colonel Baye is riddled with rifle rounds before he can fully turn around.

The veil was down. Now was the time for action.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Delsin Rowe

Delsin would wave at their leader as she walked in with the Doctor, who explained their plan, and showed them an image of a dull red tower while asking to take her adopted with them. A request that Delsin would comment on. "Don't worry, we'll take them all, not leaving any behind." Reggie would have his ass if he didn't do his best to save people. So as Emma Frost led the way, Delsin would walk with the group, hands in his pant pockets, his chain rattling ever so softly as he walked. He wished he had his stencil art kit to liven up the dead tunnels they walked through, although said dead tunnels didn't remain for long as eventually they found themselves at a checkpoint, where Emma did her psychic power thing.

The guards not fazed at their odd assortment of members. Not even Reegan, hell Delsin waved his hand in front of one of the guards' faces. And nothing just a stare and little else. "Freaky..." Was all he could comment as they continued on, he did look at Abby when she pointed a gun at the back of the people's heads, still wondering just how far the mental stuff went that they just accepted this.

Hell, he wondered what the camera crew was seeing. And unfortunately, Delsin would get his answer as alarms went off. And Delsin being used to such chaos would blast a wave of smoke towards the doorway as he shot bullets of smoke from his hands at those who shot at them. But Delsin couldn't get all of them, as he only had a finite amount of smoke to shoot with, so the rest would be left to the others.

@Amber Franklin @Wade Von Doom @littlekreen @Valkan @Whoever-Else-I-Missed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nomad

"It's my duty as a Guardian to protect humanity." Nomad would say, hand on The Last Word, resisting the urge to twirl it. The others pitching in on their agreements to Emma's request before departing with her. Nomad staying at the back, hand still resting on the hand cannon, going from a subconscious motion to active gripping of the handle, ready to draw and put a quick bullet in their enemy as they walked through a checkpoint, led by an officer. The guards being manipulated by Emma's psychic abilities.

But even then while they seemed to be smooth sailing, Nomad didn't trust any of it. Something was bound to go wrong, maybe it was his Hunter instincts telling him to be wary still, or maybe being away from the Tower and his music for too long was getting to him.

The thought reminded him of the day he wielded a Thorn, which sent chills up his spine and caused his Ghost to check in on him.

"Nomad, you alright?"

His Ghost said inside his head, to which Nomad would reply with. 'Yes, I'm okay. Just thought of bad times...' And just when he was about to get real emotional with his Ghost, all hell broke loose, and Abby ever the fastest gun in the west, shot the officer. To which Nomad would follow up with four quick shots to two guards that drew their weapons at them.

One knife throw later and a fifth was down for the count, the thick knife vanishing into a puff of flame.

Flipping the hand cannon as he inserted a new clip, giving ample room for the others to show off their moves in kicking their enemies' ass.

• Nice Execution!
Though a little dampened from others leaning on her regenerative capacity for a few hours Reegan was ready as always. Thoughts blew her mind around like her head was too light but was getting better. All the parts of her bramble were waking up and pulling back together so sparks of thought happen in the right order. Alec however wanted to talk during the soft fuzzies in her head so did her best to make him happy. There were other questions she wanted to ask but they'd slipped away until just after Alec left to find Abby. Mostly because she didn't understand what caused him to be so cross with her. It had to wait until later as miss Frost came out of the tardis instead when she heard the door open.0

Reegan paid rapt attention as miss Frost told of her plan mostly because as Zhen returned to her shores through the bramble and asked her to. If she didn't do what was planned she might get someone hurt. That sounded right to her so just assented to her Keeper. They both listened intently, especially as miss Frost elaborated on the nature of her camouflage. Zhen was partly skeptical of if that could work but not of the possibility that it could be just whether miss Frost was that strong. As the bramble started to pick up a headwind from the telekinetic it was apparent by Odaw's concerned arrival at her shores that such strength certainly was possible. When the thought of the red tower arrived into the bramble for Reegan to perceive it the mental contact pushed in like a foot through a mud puddle a bit deeper than one planned.

Miss Frost's awareness of her own mortality broke Reegan's silence by a worried raise of the barky green brow as they filed into the Tardis but waited until they left it again in the subway, "Miss Frost? I think I'm supposed to ask. Maybe that's it? If you do fall.. do you want me to inter you if I can? Your soul is might be strong enough to get to my shores from inside the Dreamsleeve."

The green glow of Abby's pipboy joined Reegan's faint sunrise yellow glow from her eyes and body. Though the reflection of her inner glow wasn't a spotlight it likely made the floor easier to see around her. That faint candle-projection of light where her gaze actually fell on became more evident in the pitch-dark.

As they made their way closer to their destination the hole left by Emma Frost's bootprint sunk into the bramble changed Reegan's surface. Upon meeting the man at the door her barky exterior slowly smoothed to a deep chocolate tone unremarkable compared to her barky exterior. When the door of the subway car opened Emma Frost's contact reflected in a fury of clothing changes on reegan's skin. The clothing that the guards expected to see fluffed into existence where brown bark was busy turning to a rather lurid chocolate-colored skin. A walking psychic paper for the moment Reegan herself doesn't seem to notice as eyeballs appear in the yellow mist of her sockets. Small details constantly physically fluxing with the consensus among expectations Emma Frost created on Reegan's behalf. Even inner light faded away her metaphysical presence started to lie as she took her first breath into the weak causality that served as her lungs.

The surface continued to flux as she walked along the tour as what reflected in her was the crew instead. Indistinct but sane medals and ranks spurting in and out of existence on her body. As they grew closer to the flight deck her skin started to slow with Emma's waning strength but merely stabilized. Reegan understood what she was supposed to do and why in order to not raise suspicion. Then that the effect of Abby's gun would not end in the effect of the officer noticing because the system had changed. As the veil finally fell and that humm filled the room Reegan felt the bramble suffer something through miss Frost as her mind quaked under Reegan's proximity. The thoughts along her bramble exploded in all directions as something pushed to overload the psy-field's causal states. Reegan's bramble fought back with fervor even as the humm's tone dropped its pitch, a weapon fired in mind and in life, as it mired her head in the possibilities of all that can be.

Time itself had stopped. Reegan's body pulled itself back to motion as it both embraced the moment where a scream of all possibilities at once had itself been frozen while continuing to exist. The moments themselves lost in between as the others saw Reegan change places from behind Emma to directly amid soldiers several steps away. Only for all three next to her that instead peal screams with everything in their lungs from one moment to another. Their bodies were rife on the side facing Reegan with bright red cracked skin and welts already filled with fluid. Their uniforms and their chairs smoking and scorched. In her hands a large rifle of metal and bone its barrel already smoking from being fired.

As Reegan's paracausal understanding recovered from that unique interaction her officer's clothing started to flake away. An exotic sniper rifle lost to her grip by a disconnected moment it dropped toward the ground. Organic gave way to wood more than flesh as she rapidly returns to her base state now fixated on one of the screaming. The onset of bullets started raking the crew as Reegan picked up a screaming burnt man by the chest as he fired bullets into her bust that left bloody craters immediately evaporating into ash among mere splinter marks in her ironwood bust. Impulsive anger at a threat turned and fixated a set of sockets draining ashen eyeballs on the soldier nearby that had shot her. More bullets raked her torso as the Spriggan crossed the distance and beat him with the screaming soldier hoisted in one hand. Voices inside manage to bring her to her senses as feral rage gives way to the understanding that if she hurt them any more they would die.

Confusion enters her face for a moment before a fist breaks itself on the side of her ironwood crown. He is promptly sent to sleep by a restrained fist that breaks the jaw instead of driving its way all the way through their head.

Nearby, the internal structures of the weapon she dropped slowly sputter toward stable causality for a weapon to spark with Light to describe its inner nature.

BEFORE THE TARDIS LEFT:

"Alright...here..we...go." Abby says dragging Alec into the TARDIS pool room she had been spending most of her time in. She manages to haul him up into a lounger chair, and stands over him. "They really put you through the ringer, huh?" She shakes her head and goes to get some cool water from the pool to drop across his brow.

Alec would be out of it for the next few hours, sweating profusely. The man was having a hell of nightmare, as his body twitched and shook ever now and again. Out of nowhere, Alec would jump up from his bed, "AHH!" And not knowing where he was, put his hand down on the edge of the bed, and when leaning on it, slid off, with the rest of his body following.

AKA, he fell off the bed like a big ediot, landing on his shoulder.

Alec would be on the floor of the pool room for five minutes. Abby comes on the sixth minute with a tray in hand.

"Al! You're awake!" She puts the tray on a table and kneels down to help Alec back up onto the lounge chair. By now she has changed into a white shirt and blue jeans with boots.

"Was wondering if you'd wake up in time. Here, eat up." Abby moved the tray to the table next to Alec. It was a huge steaming hot bowl of tomato soup with basil leaves and a grilled cheese with bacon sandwiches stacked four high. Abby grabs one and chomps down on it while looking down at Alec.

"So how ya feeling?"

Alec looked completely confused as to where the hell he was, but she'd find him panting and covered in sweat; trying to calm himself down. "Abby?" He said, looking at how clean she was compared to before he passed out. With her help, he sat back down in the chair, and took the other half of the sandwich Abby didn't take.

"The hell are we?" He didn't answer her question, instead he continued looking around the pool area like he had gone insane

"Pool room of this Tortoise thing." She said waving around "It's where I been relaxing while you all went off. To get your asses kicked, apparently."

"That was a nightmare. Literally." He rubbed his eyes with the palm of his hand, and while still tired, he felt at least more rested. "How long was I out?"

"Uhhh." Abby chews over the question. "Two hours, yeah. Time is weird in this Tortoise. Now don't waste hot soup." She taps his bowl.

Alec looks down at his bowl and doesn't seem to interested in eating it. "I'm... sorry." He simply said, looking sheepish. "It wasn't called for."

"What? Your hissy fit?" Abby asks finishing her part of the sandwich and waves it off like a bad smell "No skin off my back Al. Happens. Remember the prison? When we traded off on that?" She smiles and shrugs.

"I remember also having a hissy fit while you were somehow keeping your cool under the pressure." Alec took a sip from his soup after he said that. "How can you do that? Feels like I'm the only one not handling the craziness at this point, yet you're able to keep your mind in one place."

"It's cause I'm not all here." Abby says tapping her right temple. "Doctors said the bullet changed my brain so I don't process stress and fear the same as people who haven't been scrambled. I also come from a place where you get too rattled, you get dead."

"Well, maybe I'm not the hardened soldier I should be." He simply told her. "I've been in military good seven years now, and I've had some fights, but... this? This is above my pay grade. Hell, this is above most insane shit I face daily, all I do is man a military ship, help stop some bandit attacks on nearby colonies, and help keep security in check. I haven't done any major action, and the first time I'm in deep with it, I'm losing my head over and over again... And it's been, what, three days?"

"if it makes you feel better, I got no military service." Abby says, totally missing the point. "But ya know I was in this place, called The Big Empty? Huge place where Eggheads ran experiments. They even, get this, took their brains outta their Eggheads and put them in jars with TVs for eyes and mouth and little pincers to handle stuff. Freaky, right?"

"No, that makes me feel worse." Alec told her, since a civi is handling this better than the fuckin' trained soldier. He put his head back against the chair as he listened to Abby speak, looking up at the ceiling, but immediately looked back at her with a confused expression when she mentioned putting brains in jars. ".... Little bit." He told her.

"They took my brain out too. Had to go through a lot of weirdness to get it back. Still don't know how that all worked. Hurts to think about, still." Abby laughs "But hey, you're better off now than I was with that weirdness. I was alone, and you got me, and plenty people who ain't half bad so far. We'll manage." She says trying to reassure him.

He did have her. So far, the only person he was able to have something of a relationship with. Instead of, being confused with. Still confused as the sentence, because a million questions could be asked about this journey of getting your brain removed, and then getting it back, with brain in jars being the reason why, but for now, he focused on what she said with half the people in their group not being so bad. "Yeah... shame about the other half." A clear indication of Reegan

"The plant thing, right? It freaks you out more than the skull guy? Don't worry, I thought the same, on account those times I was attacked by plant people. Too long to be getting into that." Abby laughs and slaps her knees "But it seems friendly at least!" Abby taps the soup bowl "Now slurp up the soup and scarf down them sandwiches. Need our energy for this here heist."

"That skull guy was one of the best soldiers I served with. And now he's some ghost being who's soul was apparently sucked up into the body of that fucking tree lady, who by the way, has actually human bones inside her!" Alec got a little pissed off with her to say the least. "You heard what Callintus said, that thing could very easily be dangerous, it has more intelligence than any other from her species, and I don't trust her for a second that she's protecting my friend, I think he's now some sort of demon living inside her, without will or any true identity of self from before she... absorbed him!" For lack of a better word.

"If he died, I could at last give him a proper burial. But this, he's... What do I even tell his family when I get home?"

Abby listens to Alec while scratching her nose. "Well then sounds to me like you two gotta talk." Abby claps and shrugs "Can't rightly have you fucking things up with all that buzzing in your head. It's in the hall last I saw, so let's take your meal along now! Come on now!" She says ushering her towards the door.

"Whoawhoawhoawhoa," Alec says quickly to try and stop her. "I'm not gonna talk to her! Look, I'll keep my distance from her when we go with the Frost lady, but if you think I'm gonna actually go speak to that fucking tree--"

"Not good enough." Abby shakes her head "Keep your distance? This is a heist, not a fucking formal dance shindig. You might have to rely on that tree to live, but nooo way will ya without talking first."

"Then I die!" He said blunt. "If anything, you can tell her not to save me, because I refuse to allow that creature to 'save' me, like she did Zhen." For reasons Alec stated before. Of course, Alec realized slowly he might've said that to the wrong person

Alec feels a puff of air on his right cheek. It would have been a hard slap but instead Abby's hand hovers inches from his cheek and he see the dying embers of a fiery rage in Abby's eyes.

"Well...I don't want you to die!" She puts her hand on his cheek and asks softly as her touch "So, will ya for me?"

Alec flinched as her hand past his face, the anger in his eyes suddenly that of regret and a little fear of Abby. She sounded soft, but in reality, Alec pretty much feared what would happen if he said no again, because maybe it finally dawned on him, but Abby was no ordinary wastelander.

Dare I say, she might actually be able to kick his ass, and he was a trained soldier. So you know. "... Okay." He said softly back, a little bit of worry in his voice

"Aw Christ, yer such a pansy sometimes." Abby says the softness coming away quickly from her. "Now grab yer soup and sandwiches and come on!" She motions for him to follow and snaps her fingers to follow her.

They come out of the TARDIS, and find Reegan has made some kind of Grove where people can rest. She stands behind Alec, nudges him forward.

"Well? Go on."

Reegan knelt on the floor as she focused as the moss coating the carpet flourished a bright green under the ones that slept. Her eyes darkened sat with her fingers cupped in a kneeling position. The hair trailing from between the horns on her head flowering into faint pink bells that slowly fruit into green pips. A scent strongly of flowers and blueberries rolls off of her.

Not even Hanar were as bizarre as Reegan was, Alec thought, as he witnessed the scene in front of him. She was a creepy being of nature, and it felt like Alec was slowly walking into a Black Widow's spiderweb, a trap meant to kill and feast up those caught. He stood there in the doorway, before Abby nudged him to move up and talk to her. With a deep breath, he exhaled, and walked towards her. "Reegan?" He asked to get her attention.

A sunrise of light turned her shadowed eyes bright again as the sleepers woke abruptly behind her. Stiff at first she stretched her hands then brushed two trails of moisture from off of her bust, "Ah... Is it time?" She noticed Alec and the hair slipped toward one sholder to crook her head at him, "Alec? Are you okay now?"

"Yeah... yeah, I'm fine." About a day ago, he saw this tree lady as a child, now she was back to being a fully grown woman of sorts. Bit weird to say the least. "Listen, I uh..... I'm... I-I'm sorry for how I've treated you." He told her, rubbing the back of his head. "I've... I don't know what you plan to do with Zhen. Or the others you... 'collected,' I guess, but... I-I just want to make sure they'll be.... Fine, maybe?" Was she going to keep their souls, or would they actually be allowed to die once this was over?

Reegan stood up her midsection a more solid thing of loose turns soft pale heartwood. The distortion still remains from the portal waiting there. Reegan smiled as the activity about her head picked up speed, "Well I didn't understand why anything was different but I didn't mean to hurt. I don't plan anything for Zhen. He stayed as a Keeper because he was strong enough to come back with Odaw." She reached out a hand though the forearm was dense ironwood the palm a faint tan and soft but rubbed at the surface of her torso instead, "I'm not a soul gem, Alec, I'm just the entryway. The souls I still have are too weak to move on but they're safe. I feel some of them leaving the Carin sometimes."

"See..... I don't know what any of that means." Alec started to explain. "You keep saying Carin, and keeper, and 'Odaw,' but you haven't actually explained what any of that is, because.. Well, I'm not from your world, and neither is Zhen. So, I don't know what you're doing, and I felt like you were going to do something evil with my buddy."

Still new to the lack of Blessed in her momentary thought and limited experience she tried to think of what they would be to Alec, "Well... I'm not like the labs where it's a person in a bottle used for things. I'm a mall?"

The eyebrow rose as she thought she had a good idea gesticulating with her hands, "Yeah! The Carin is the other side of the portal. It's like the mall! I take them in until they see a store they like."

She shrugs at the mention of Zhen, "Zhen chose to stay as a mall guard. My Keeper. I didn't make him. Odaw is your other friend. The frog? He helps the Blessed."

The frog?..... Oh, she meant Salarian! "Oh! I didn't... His name's Odaw?" He basically revealed, since he met that guy three days before they all got yanked over to this world. "I, uhhh.... He's not here, is he?"

Reegan nodded with a smile and pointed at her eyes with both fingers though slightly inside them, "I can't see him so he can't hear. He's with the blessed in my head somewhere. I can only see just past the portal on the shores. The Dreamsleeve just looks like a starry lake with souls floating in it. It's not so bad."

She pointed at a rather green mark between her hips, "If they float for too long I'm supposed to make babies and put the souls in to heal." She gives a thumbs up, "A Kahjiit on my shores said its fun!"

Alec let out a 'phew.' "So then, is Zhen stuck with you forever?"

Reegan shook her head with a titter and scattering berries, "No, he can always swim into the dreamsleeave and swim away. The Ideal Masters do not take any by force."

"He stayed because he is strong. Just to protect the innocent." She poked him in the chest with a smile, "And you too."

"Heh... Good on him." Zhen was a good man. Even in death, he wanted to help make a better galaxy. He put his hand out to Reegan to shake hers. "Thank you." He told her, "for... keeping him around."

Reegan reached out to Alec's hand though hers was superficially soft the inside didn't give. Smiling with a ginger touch trying to to damage his hand by shaking it. "A Keeper helps me understand why I shouldn't kill a threat. He didn't want me to explode cultists to summon him anymore. I guess I understand now. My Keeper has to be thoughtful!"

Mock gun with her thumb and forefinger she shot at a wall then shrugged, "Pew! Pew! He made his energy gun steal strength. I don't even know how to shoot guns. Just arrows."

Even though they were now on good terms. Reegan trying to act like one of the boys was still weird. "Hehe... yeah!" He awkwardly said, trying to keep the smile normal, but he clearly looked like he didn't know how to react. Thankfully, the conversation wouldn't get much more awkward, as Emma interrupted to gather up everyone for the heist.

Which leads us to here.

The scientists jotted down notes about her reaction, and how the nanotech on her seemingly didn't react at all the sonic emissions. "Subject appears unaffected by sonic emissions. Trying now with electrical discharge." He noted down, before twisting a dial on the console that turned the sonic blasts into electricity. Enough to power a small house. They wanted to see if maybe they could fry the nanos off her.
The Queen-Baron

The shock came unexpected, and while not braced for the pain, Vaarsiks let out a startled howl before quickly moving to the source of her pain, grabbing hold of the extensions with all four arms and pulling back.

There was a harsh of tearing metal as the disc detached from the arm, letting the Eliksni use it as a weapon against the second one, pummeling it into scrap.

Turning to the glass plane, she gave a roar, challenging the scientists beyond it.

If they tried anything further, it was for certain that she would break free and murder them all just for the insult.
The others do what they need to prepare for the mission. Emma stands on the dais, taking in everything she can about these people/other beings as they gathered. Her interest is piqued by the TARDIS which Abby had dragged Alec into, and The Doctor enters soon after. Seems worth looking into how and why three people got into such a small box.

Collaboration with Wade von Doom

Emma walks into the strange police box, and she immediately assumes it has to be magical in nature even with the technological bells and whistles seen. She greets the Doctor with a nod and slight smile. Trying to probe this one's mind is a mess she gives up. Its like trying to read the mind of a beehive, but bigger and more chaotic.

"I've been here for five years, two months, and thirty days." She answers him first without a moment to think. "And I arrived here, actually, in this very hall."

"What were you doing before you suddenly arrived here?" He asked her, looking down at the console as he finally figured out some of the buttons.

"I was getting ready to address the new students." Emma smiles wider at the memory. For a just a second. "I was Headmistress of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. It was, to put it simple as possible, a place for young people with extraordinary abilities to learn how to control their powers for the benefit of themselves and humankind. How tragic that I would come to this place, then, where the gifted and different are actively hunted and imprisoned."

"Hm...." The Doctor moaned, compiling his thoughts. "And you received no contact from anyone as to why you showed up here?" She would've been hunted down by the same soldiers that imprisoned 11's group when they arrived here, but beyond that, she never got an explanation for why she arrived here.

"Did you?" Emma comes up to the console and looks it over, trying to find some sense of this machine without touching.

"No. I tried to reach out for my friends, my allies, even my enemies as far as my mind could reach. Only a Wasteland of feral monsters and a team of men on their way to me."

"Besides you, and a big fleshy planet sized monster, I haven't received a single clue as to why we're all here." Emma would find that The Doctor was looking at a screen overhead in the console's center, and it was scanning the whole planet. "That monster did tell us something though, at least one of its minions did. The legethog r'luhhor, meaning the false god. Sheogorath, the mad god we met in the lobby also echoed that notion, and with this," he brought up the picture of the Centurion on the screen. "It's our only lead to a culprit. Whoever this is, they brought us here for a reason. I could come up with a hundred different theories, but they don't have any proof to support them, except," when the scans finished, he began flashing up the results on the screen.

The image was of the planet, and it scanned for any anomalies. There were a few rifts being shown on several continents, each one different in size, and each bearing the same energy signature that teleported them all to this world.

Emma comes up behind Eleven to look at the screen.

"Well, I can't say I've ever seen someone like that here. Looks vaguely similar to the Ghost Rider of my home universe though." Emma shakes her head "I doubt it's one of them. As for those anomalies; the scientific community may be aware of them, but the government is too concerned with maintaining border security to venture out and study them."

"But if it continues, that will undoubtedly destroy this universe." The Doctor said plainly. "Two worlds shifting into one singular point, it breaks the scientific logic that keeps the worlds apart. I can't even imagine how destructive that would be... I mean, I can, but when I put it into words, it goes, buuuuush." He made that sound, and spread his hands apart to mimic an explosion.

"... But that'd be inappropriate." He looked back at the screen, resting his hands on the console. "We need to find out how this is happening. We already have teams all over the city, and I'm counting on your help to give us some more leads to find those answers."

"Afraid I can't be of much more help, Doctor. I am only the representative who dares to speak for the commoners, after all." She comes around him and taps the screen, on the energy signature closest to New Moscow.

"This? I've heard nothing about it. Project Exodus is a secret shared only in the government, and a serious one at that. But if this is an even deeper secret, I can only think a man named Kane knows more about it. I would have your people find and question him. Which I could, maybe, help with." Emma shrugs.

Suddenly some pieces started coming together. "....This man, Kane. What do you know of him?"

"His name is Kane Kucan. Military Representative. Had his post before I came here. Textbook definition of a warhawk, a fascist through and through." She states without tact and all vinegar. "He looks like this." The Doctor would get a mental image of the man in that moment. "And if he is not overseeing the facility we are going to infiltrate, he would be at the prison overseeing it's misery is being maintained."

Fun sounding lad was this Kane. "Do you have any reason to believe he's also a scattered?"

"I suspect. I made it far as a secret Scattered, after all." Emma steps back and shakes her head "Most people either fear or hate Scattered. But him, I felt it was neither. As if they were a means and an obstacle to him."

"What if.... He's planning on returning to his universe?" The Doctor started to say. "Project Exodus, bit of an easy guess to say he's planning on leaving, and with a ship in mind, that's easy, but why take a ship out into space with only a limited number of people? That's not colony size, you couldn't make a big enough population on some distant planet, especially if they're all political figures from this world. What if instead, he's planning on not just filling up that ship with people, but technology? Weapons, schematics, any advanced or alien technology that's brought here, he puts on that ship, and maybe he's not even going to put those politicians on the ship, but soldiers and those who he's studying in those same prisons made for scattered like him. Things he could use back in his home world, and he can go back because we already know there's something on this world that's creating roads between universes. What if he has that ability to create those roads, and with the technology, he will replicate it in his home world. You say he's a military representative, but he has more power that he should in this place, so that would make him a great manipulator, and people like that would want to be in positions of great power, and to get there, you would need experience in manipulating so many in this big spider web of deceit and deception, so he's an experienced leader that has done this for years if not decades, and if so... What if he's planning an invasion into other worlds across multiple universes?" The Doctor tended to ramble, and as he did, he paced around the console as he spoke aloud his thought process, before looking back to Emma with that question.

What if Kane was planning on creating an empire that expanded beyond any in history? "He might not be the one bringing us all here, but maybe he's going to take advantage of that mysterious power for his own benefit."

Emma stands there listening to the rambling of The Doctor and following his movements, thinking and I thought Deadpool was a rambler.

"Little bit of a stretch, Doctor, but only a bit." Emma nods when he allows her time to talk. "Whatever his full motive, it is vital the others know and get to him soon as possible." She looks around the console.

"Do you have some way to contact your other team? I can't risk extending my telepathy farther out to do it myself."

"They've got radios on them, I'll send the update. You gather up the others. We have a ship to steal!" The Doctor quickly scuttled off to inform the other teams. If his theory with Kane was correct, then they might have a way out of this world.

=================

Emma steps out from the TARDIS and marches to the dais. Her steps echo loudly in the hall. There could be no delay now. If The Doctor was correct, not only was this world doomed, but the universe itself as well; that made this mission all the more urgent. They needed to get this ship, load it, and hope Kane has fitted it with something to escape this universe before it ends.

On the short walk from the TARDIS to the dais Emma makes the decision to keep this from her team. For now. The mission was already asking for them to put a lot of trust in her.

Standing on the dais looking out at the weathered and rotten dance floor, Emma watches those who had volunteered gather.

Abby has donned the armor she took from the prison armory, and holds the rifle it was packed with as well. The Survivalist is slung across her back and Dirt Nap strapped to her right thigh.

Abby's Armor

"I hope you have all used this time wisely. From here there will be no chance to rest or restock. The Doctor will take us in his box to an abandoned subway station near the secret facility. I urge you to stay with the group, and when at the facility, do not speak or act out of turn. Rest assured that with my telepathic powers I can convince all who see our group, that they are seeing only myself and my security detail of human soldiers. Full disclosure, I cannot guide us through the entire facility; eventually they will detect my power and neutralize it. At that point, we must do all we can to steal the ship and fly it to the Exodus Point." When she says 'Exodus Point', all whose minds she can enter receive a mental image of a dull red tower among the others with a faded sign that says 'Paradise Tower' on the top.

"There, you will find my adopted people waiting.I am trusting you all to take them off this world and to safety, even if I do not survive this mission." Emma says solemnly but with resolute conviction.

Emma leads the group from the hall into the TARDIS and provides The Eleventh Doctor with the coordinates for their drop-off. The trip is quick, and the door opens out into a subway tunnel. The light from within the TARDIS cuts through the dark, illuminating part of the large space.

o0ozismxdij21.jpg

"If you have lights, turn them on, we will need it." Emma informs the others.

"Right on it." Abby turns the light on her Pip-Boy to it's maximum brightness giving her an ethereal green glow.

"Now, follow close." Emma says after all lights are on to find a clear path. They weave around the husks of subway cars, vehicles, unidentifiable rubble, and parts of structures that have fallen through from the surface. They round a corner and see the distant glow of a fire. As the group walks closer they see the fire is contained in a large metal barrel with a grizzled old man in rags warming his hands over it. He has a small shanty home nearby and reeks of booze and filth. Behind his shanty home is a subway car with a pile of rubble on top of it.

The man looks up from the fire to look at Emma Frost, and appears to not see the strange group behind her.

"The A-train just left." The homeless man tells Emma. As if this was a normal day between a commuter and a transient.

"Good. I'm here for the midnight E-Train." Emma replies.

"You're right on time." The homeless man rubs his hands together and beckons for Emma to follow as he walks to the subway car behind his home. The doors, it's windows blacked out, screech open to a brightly lit and well-kept tunnel. A squad of six soldiers stand at attention on either side of the doors. They wear beige uniforms and helmets, are nothing special themselves except the weapons they hold upright with one hand.
The Weapons

Abby looks at them and stops herself from whistling how impressed she is, only thinking how she has to try and get one, maybe two of those before they escape. She has no idea how such a complex-looking gun works, but it looks deadly and that's all that matters.

Frost appears, as her name might imply, chill as a human can be as she leads them in. Within her mind she is performing a multitude of tasks all at once; entering the minds of every soldier not only in front of them, but extending her power to every mind she can reach. The soldiers in this chamber can see with their naked eyes the strange cadre of people escorting her, and those watching the video feeds can as well; Frost twists their minds into believing they are not seeing any of them as out of the ordinary.

"Welcome to the Exodus Facility, Representative Frost. Lieutenant Colonel Mikhail Baye." says an older man in the same uniform, with a beret instead of the helmet and the addition of medals and stripes for his rank. He salutes her and the squad of eight follow suit.

"I'm a very busy woman, Lieutenant Colonel. Let's skip formalities and the grand tour, and show me this vessel." Frost tells him. The man clears his throat. Emma feels resistance in his mind.

"We have our orders, unfortunately. Orders are to give you the grand tour to better show the scope of our efforts here. Please, follow me." He responds.

"Fine. But be quick about it, less gravitas the better." Emma huffs. She could overpower his will to take them directly to the hangar, but she is already pushing the boundaries of what may be detected. Best not press their luck.

The long barrel of a rifle comes into Emma's view, and it's aimed at the officer. It was Abby.

What are you doing?!

Covering our asses. He can't see this right?

They all see it, they just are not threatened by it.

Good then the second this goes South, I drop him first.

Emma has a mind to make Abby put her weapon down but the logic is sound. At any minute, they can be discovered and the fight could begin.

"First you will meet with the flight crew of the vessel." The officer starts to lead them. The squad of eight follow behind them, weapons up in a solid line.

The facility is nothing impressive on the surface, being only the long abandoned metro tunnels rebuilt to be habitable.

There is one large central tunnel which goes for two miles before bending off to the right, with lights going down smaller ones that have been dug out of the sides. In this section there are four on either side. To the right they are labeled by simple wooden signs to be Surveillance and Lockers/Showers. To the left are Barracks and Mess Hall. As the group passes, the doors to each are simple metal set in brick and mortar.

They make it around the bend and see this tunnel stretches a further four miles straight forward. There are now six doorways, but they are led to the first on their left labeled Simulation.The squad stands outside the door, ready.

Behind this door with no lock is a circular room with a high dome ceiling and ten white pods arranged in a circle around a central computer that also acts as a beeping and lightly flashing pillar of said room. The pods open, and from each comes a man in a dark blue jumpsuit who stands at attention in a line before Emma Frost and Lt. Col. Baye.

"Representative Frost, meet the flight crew. They have been drilled for the past year in simulated and real flights of the vessel. Without them and their training, Project Exodus is grounded." Baye explains.

"Captain Harold, at your service." The largest man steps forward and salutes.

Emma, while tricking this crew into thinking they were seeing nothing out of the ordinary including the commanding officer being followed by a long rifle barrel, feels the loyalty they hold to their stated mission.

That will have to change.

The crew give no physical indication that their loyalties shift to Markha, the woman with the pink skin who volunteered to be their pilot on this mission.

Good

Unbeknownst to Emma and anyone else, one of the soldiers watching the surveillance feed of the cameras flutters his eyes as Emma's telepathic control falters and he sees the group for what it is.

"What the hell are we looking at?!" The soldier looks from the screen to the five others in the Surveillance room. The others seem to ignore him completely. Training kicks in, and he knows what they may be dealing with.

"Psy-alert!" He yells and slams his thumb onto a yellow button on his panel.

The group hears a hum in the room. Emma falls onto her back on the floor, back arched and eyes rolled into the back of her head. Behind them, they hear a whirrrr as the weapons of the squad are activated and trained on them through the doorway.

Abby pulls the trigger on her rifle the moment she sees in the peripheral of her vision Emma fall to the floor. Lt. Colonel Baye is riddled with rifle rounds before he can fully turn around.

The veil was down. Now was the time for action.

It was not going well.

Alec was quick to pull out his pistol and fire two shots at two of the guards in front of him. Both fell, as the third turned to fire back at Alec, only to have his lights knocked out by a hefty punch to the face by Garrus. "Ah, crap!" Alec shouted out, as he quickly grabbed Emma as she fell backwards, gently placing her down on her back so she didn't smash her head against the ground. "Emma! Emma!" He tried to get her attention, but it looked like she was having a seizure. He placed her on her side, letting any build up of saliva in her mouth come out so she wouldn't choke on it or her tongue. "How long was that, like five minutes!" Alec asked out.

"Compared to the other heists I've done, at least we made it through the door without trouble!" Garrus quipped, pulling out his assault rifle and quickly taking cover behind the wall that cornered the tunnel. With Reegan, Nomad and Delsin making quick work of the guards behind them, and Abby dealing with the lieutenant in front, they had a moment to spare to prepare for a next attack. There was one way in, so they had a clear line of fire for any approaching hostiles. But, they needed to find a way out quickly before they could get overwhelmed. They could easily take care of the grunts, what with Reegan and Layyel being the juggernauts, but once they started sending in more advanced combat units, things would get trickier, especially with higher numbers.

The Doctor quickly moved to Alec's side, looking over her condition. "She'll be fine. Something sent out an energy pulse to freeze her brain, stop any telepath in its tracks if one made it down here. And I think someone was ready to zap her with it further into the base."

"I thought she kept her powers hidden!" Alec questioned.

"She said the only person who might run this place is a man called Kane. He probably set up defenses down here in case of a scattered attack."

"You think he knew she was a scattered?"

"Considering there's a likely chance he's also a scattered too, I'm willing to bet Kane realized who she was and what her powers may be before she even had a chance to look into his mind."

"We got more incoming!" Garrus could hear footsteps down the tunnel, along with orders being shouted.

"Right, we need a new route. Anyone able to see what's behind these walls?" Alec asked the group.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The hell is happening?!" A voice shouted out in the camera room, as who would march in? Why an old face some of the heroes would recognize.

tenor.gif

Michael Elgin

"A large force of scattered managed to enter the building with Miss Frost. Seems she was using a perception filter or something similar to keep them hidden." The soldier informed.

"So she is a scattered." Michael muttered to himself. "How many?"

"Around ten to twelve in total." The soldier who alerted the base informed. "We sent out an energy pulse to disarm her and anyone else in the group, but she looks to be the only telepath."

As the soldier spoke, Michael recognized not only Emma, but Alec, Abby, Trigger, Lava, and even the friggin' tree! With his eyes growing wide, he turned back to his men and shouted, "Get heavy and shock troops down there immediately, and make sure they're equipped with flamethrowers to burn that fucking tree. I want them dead NOW!" Quickly, the soldiers in the room began issuing orders across the comms, with Michael turning to another soldier that was more 'loyal' to Michael's boss. "Inform Kane she's down here with scattered, and start prepping the ship for takeoff, she cannot be allowed near it!"

"Sir!" The soldier understood, saluting. Michael wasn't too worried about how far into the base she'd get, considering the security protocols against scattered, and especially ones in place just for her, she wouldn't get too far. After all, Kane wanted her down here.

Last edited:
Trigger

Kaz and Trigger had been sparing for the rest of the time during the group's rest. Trigger assumed he would lose when he took up kaz's offer, and his theory had proved true. The first match featured him being thrown over her shoulder and onto the ground. He had then been told that he should be better at defense and should be more condensed when fighting. It didn't really matter to Trigger, he dealt with guns most of the time anyway.

When everyone was done resting Emma pulled the group in to explain the plan of attack as to how to steal the ship. From what she explained, it all was to rely on Emma's ability to keep the group semi-camouflaged in plain sight. It didn't sound like the most sound plan in Trigger's opinion, but it was better than trying to blast their way in and have the ship destroyed or something in the process. After the explanation, everyone shuffled into the Tardis and was transported to an abandoned subway.

When Trigger stepped out of the Tardis and into the dark subway, people could here him mutter "Fuck, it's dark…" as he squinted his eyes. He didn't have any light source, so he could only rely on the people around him for that. He could be heard tripping on a rock or two trying to maneuver his way through the darkness. The group walked down the tunnel, happening upon what looked to be a homeless man. He was warming himself by a barrel fire, with a subway car that looked like he had set up shop in behind him. Emma said a few words to him, possibly a code, and he led them to yet another subway car. This one's windows were tinted, and it looked like it had a faint light coming from behind the metal door on it. Trigger flinched slightly for the pistol in his pocket as the man reveals six soldiers that are meant to be the group's escorts. They are then led further into the tunnel. Trigger had no idea how far they had gone, but they eventually turned down a tunnel that had a sign labelled "simulation" on it. The room they happened to enter was a large dome. Several people came out of strange white pods attached to a computer and introduced themselves. Things were going well, that was, until an alarm blared and Emma began to fall.

"Well what do you know we set off an alarm! What is it with us and having something go wrong the minute we enter places?!" He shouted, pulling out the pistol from his pocket and firing a barrage of shots at the doorway. Soldiers had begun to enter the doorway, but the first wave of them only had a few grunts. It was nothing that the group wouldn't be able to handle if they used the doorway as a sort of funnel for them, but it wouldn't last long for them. Alec spoke up behind him, asking if anyone could see what was behind the walls. Trigger couldn't really do much in terms of an escape plan, but maybe he could get someone else to do something. "Hey big guy! Do you mind throwing one of these things in the doorway over there or something?" He called over to layyel, gesturing towards one of the pods. It would block the doorway, sure, but it would at least slow the next wave of guards and provide the group some bit of cover. Cameras! Trigger could also shoot out the cameras in order to hide any kind of escape they were planning. Trigger looked around the room, seeing a camera that was able to spy in on them. He took aim, and fired with his pistol at the camera. He also leaned into the hallway and shot out the two cameras that he could see. After that, he prepared for the next wave of guards inside the room and waited to see if anyone else had ideas.

During the trip in the sewers and TARDIS, Layyel followed behind Markha absentmindedly, still a bit confused from... whatever happened earlier. So, he was somewhat surprised when a sharp sound pierced the room they were in, the furry looking tiny fell over, some other tinies that he partially recognized started shooting at other tinies that looked mildly threatening, whilst one yelled at something and pointed at an oval looking thing then toward a door.

Layyel stared at the tiny before thinking to himself, "Oh, he's yelling at me. Wait, why is he yelling at me?"

Layyel rubbed his helmet a bit, decided that he probably needed him to do something with the pod, kicked over some other tiny that looked mildly threatening, picked up the pod, got confused a bit, and instead of blocking the door decided to instead go through the door right in front of the path of a crowd of somewhat angry looking tinies. Almost immediately after seeing Layyel, the tinies pointed their strange doohickeys at him and shot an ungodly amount of weird light stuff at him.

Their combined fire fell onto Layyel like hail, pummeling his armored body in a torrent of lead and energy. A few seconds later, they stopped firing, interrupted by the aforementioned pod that Layyel picked up being tossed directly onto their bodies.

Layyel took this in for a moment before realizing that if he was getting shot at that probably meant that he needed to crush and stab stuff right now. Pulling out his newly sharpened sword, Layyel walked back into the room to help out his tiny friends.

In the time allotted for preparation, Kassandra had done nothing else aside from find a quiet and dark corner of the hall to sleep. On her side, back against the wall with the Spear of Leonidas in hand, and her Nemean Claws within arms reach. Just in case there were an ambush. The misthios was not about to be caught off-guard on what she considers a normal day, much less this day full of people and ideas that challenge her perception of the world. Her dreams are a chaotic menagerie indicative of the chaotic mix of ideas and beings she has been witness to; they are cut off at the point wherein Layyel chucks her into the air like one would a discus for reasons that cannot be fathomed.

Kassandra opens her eyes in time to see Emma Frost and The Doctor walk into the Empress Hall. The woman rises up from the floor, and stretches just about every muscle possible as she rises to her feet; topping it off with an audible crack-crack of her neck. She is glad to see that Alec, the one who had collapsed from exhaustion, appears to be back in top form as everyone gathers.

Of the speech Emma gives, Kassandra nods in approval when Frost acknowledges she may not survive the mission she has given them. A warrior must be prepared to die in battle, or they will become a coward when is it clear they will die.

Perhaps this one is more like Athena after all.

On the short journey Kassandra walks with poise within the group with her hand ready to swing her Nemean Claws off her back, and into any obstacle before her. The armor and weapons of the enemies they meet intrigue her and concern her. She would need to be faster than them to be spared the wrath such strange weapons could bring. The power of Emma avails them to pass without harassment or even inspection. They meet the crew being trained for this vessel, and that is when the situation turns against them.

Others are fast enough to end the immediate threats in the room, and keep the ones outside at bay for a time. Alec calls for someone, if able, to see what is beyond the walls. An escape route, good idea.

"Let us see!" Kassandra swings out the Nemean Claws and runs at the wall she figures, from spacial awareness, has to lead into the next room. She yells and hit the brick wall with one mighty blow. Then a second, and a third, and a fourth, as many times as needed to break through the wall if that is possible.

Markha had been deep in meditation when Emma Frost returned to the dais and gave another briefing on their mission. Most concerning of her briefing was the fact their enemy was capable of countering mind manipulation somehow.

Emma Frost's talent was astounding, to say the least, as Markha witnesses how the enemy soldiers look on them and act no different. She sees someone even walk up to a guard and wave in his face. Mind tricks were a common tool of the Jedi in their missions, but for her part Markha has only seen it used to pass stubborn security with a wave and a few words that all was in order. Yet Emma was making no motions and saying no suggestive words. She had heard and suspected the Jedi Masters like Yoda were capable of this feat.

The group is introduced to the flight crew. Markha thinks how this crew would be integral to their mission, if they could be persuaded to aid them. It had to be a ship of some size and complexity to require a crew at least this size.

This thought occurs, and Markha feels something form between herself and this crew. A feeling like familiar comrades, that they would follow her orders to the letter for no more reason than the order came from her. This had to be the work of Emma Frost.

For a second Markha feels honored at this. The second after she feels as if a concussion grenade had detonated in the room, yet she felt it only in her mind. The Zeltron woman stumbles, falls to her knees holding her head with both hands like it could have rolled off her body if she didn't hold it in place. It had to be some kind of telepathic attack as she sees Emma has been rendered unconscious. Maybe because she had been actively using telepathy, while Markha had yet to get her own similar and lesser power back.

Whatever had hit them, it is gone rather quickly as Markha feels fine enough to stand within seconds. The others were handling the soldiers for the moment, so Markha runs to the pilots who are ducked behind one of the pods, trying to avoid the fighting. She still feels the connection, and by the look of elation on their faces the team felt it as well.

"Don't worry, I will get you through this to the ship." She tells them drawing her lightsaber and igniting it to stand ready to defend the team from now on.