The Evrensel Conflict -- Prologue: Chapter 2B.2 -- From Ashes

Luer took a deep breath as he relaxed, as much as he could anyway, once his conversation with Ayami was over. There was something wrong with him. He did not know what, but he knew something was not right. He should be tired, he should be asleep. Yet here he sat, exhausted, mentally and physically, unable to let his mind shut down for even a moment. Not only that, he was not cold. It was cold outside, yet in his shorts and his admittedly short shirt, he did not shiver, he did not chill. He did not understand, but it was bothersome as much as it did worry him.

He looked up when Arthur asked for something cold, raising a brow. Well, better than doing nothing. He stood again, moving over to the cowboy. "I can heal you." He offered. He did not think much of the 'area' as an issue, naturally.

Agam Azuron

Quite disappointingly, the dragon made an escape maneuver, and fled the scene. The creature had called Agam's interest, so he tried to follow it but after putting some thought on it, this hostile environment was too risky to explore alone, just like he told the young fellow mage. So he desummoned his weapons and went back to the group.
The party headed for an apartment building, where they settled in. Quite logically, Agam was the last to enter. The great majority just took this moment to rest, to which he hardly had trouble with. A lot happened, fast... Really fast.
Noticing the lack of comfort these people had with the cold (and not being there when it was first asked) Agam wanted to give some assistance. He uttered "Armoria axo: bald conztro" and a metallic bucket, which he placed in the middle of the room. Once placed, Agam would aim his middle and index finger at the bucket. "Baha foug, permatio" as he finished the chant, a spark was fired, and as soon as it hit the bottom of the bucket, it lit up. Again, not wanting to harass people by asking things when they wanted to relax, he sat down in the nearest free space and summoned his spellbook, reviewing his memory of spells in it.

Seras Victoria

Seras' efforts of covering the group from enemy reinforcements were for naught, as said threat never came. With the dragon retreating, the group moved on. Like a crimson lightning, Seras did a zigzag on her speedy way down.
Not long after, the team arrived to their so called base, where, after the laborious task that was getting Harkonnen in. She headed for a window. "I'm sorry, I wasn't of much help with that dragon... Allow me to compensate by keeping an eye out" she commented, to no one in particular. Seras rested Harkonnen on the floor beneath her and staring out the window, wary of any unusual movement. Though that may not be quite accurate. Everything was unusual here.

"Yes. Healers are not rare in my world; I am one of many." Just, a little different in the way he uses his healing powers. It was nothing that bothered him too much though, he imagined it was just something from his parents since no one seemed to know either. "It can be tiring though… I admit I am not used to healing so much so close together." He healed Connor twice almost back to back, not to mention his brother, Ashwin and Red Hood too. It was draining now that things had calmed down and he had a chance to settle and rest.

Kaz would wait for a pause in the conversation, slowly adding to it with a single sentence. "Where I come from... Healing is.. for the most tolerant of pain. Someone has to experience the pain of the wound. Thank you Entropy." She let that sentence flow away as the others got into a conversation. She turned to Jotaro to respond to his question about her electricity. "Sadly no... not without some form of perp beforehand. I would have to weave something to keep it from discharging into you. Ah..." She paused for a second to think. "Sorry I haven't thought about giving it to others... Everyone I work with has their own specialization. I could whip something up in around an hour or so. If you want."

"I see... " Ayami reply. " It's a...common things regarding magic anyways." She said "The exhaustion I mean. I myself could even drop dead if I use magic for too long." She admits. It was a known risk, but it's not a common incident due to situations where people has to rely on magic that much is rare.

"Huh... yours is... rather similar to mine, except for a few things. If I use too much I'll pass out, and if I blow all that in one second I'll start shaving years off my life..." She commented, still listening to everyone conversation.

She waited for everything to calm down for a moment. She took out an old leather bound tome, the style of it defiantly not matching that of her outfit and equipment. Instead of resting like Jotaro suggested, she began to work on exactly what she said she would. Scrawling down notes, equations, and... a circuit diagram? She spent a massive amount of her time debugging her spell, flattening it out, testing it, and shocking herself when it failed. This of course produced a small pop almost every time it happened. Though, when she was done she produced a small throwing knife sized bolt of lightning. Which she offered to Jotaro when she went to swap watches with him.

"Should pack a bit more of a punch then swinging bare handed."

He'd wait for someone to tap his shoulder to notify him that they were ready to switch out with him as the lookout.

Upon that occurring, Jotaro would dismiss his Stand, who'd fade away back into Jotaro as he went to a wall and taking a seat against it. Tilting his hat so the bill covered his eyes and crossing his arms so he could maintain some warmth.

- Shao Kahn, Konqueror of Worlds, Ruler of Outworld -

The good Doctor Doom's plans were never held in high regard by the Kahn even at the best of times, so when it's naught but a vague set of instructions that could potentially lead to many deaths, be it of their peons or themselves, followed by Doom preparing to depart on the only transport for miles...well, to say Shao Kahn was displeased would not do his frustration justice. With a growl, he would speak to all his words many concern, meaning everyone around him, Doom especially.

"Doctor Doom... you have promised us a great many things...and you have yet to deliver. Now, "Doom" wants us to be assured that "Doom" has finally secured us a way home on such vague terms?! When are you going to stop making mockery of us? Here, you are surrounded by Sith Lords, Thieves, Murderers and all powerful beings, how you can be so condescending, so veiled in secrecy with as much confidence as you do, is beyond me!"

An angered Shao Kahn then pointed to M.O.D.O.K and bellowed: "And what is this supposed to be?! Our "minder"?! This pathetic dolt surely couldn't get us through a dilapidated hamlet, never mind a city!"

Soon after, with his fists clenched, the Kahn seemingly calmed down. Seemingly, because he was still huffing and obviously furious, but his tone lowered a few octaves and was less shouty from here on:

"You've given us very little to go on, Doctor. You had better make good on your word, or you will regret it."

@Wade Von Doom @The Wanderer @Wiggin @Agent_Puncake @To Anyone Else this Concerns

The great Sumireko Usami!
Now that Doom himself made his entrance to the scene, things are getting... a little too exciting.

Sumireko was about to left the scene of massacre when her curiosity once more took over. Once more, she hid among the ruins, eavesdropping on the ongoing conversation from the group of villains. While she could barely make any sense of what was Doom saying, she knew that it was something important to them -- both for her and the villains group -- as shown by the reaction from two of their members. They seemed agitated and anxious with whatever that Doom guy were talking about, with the scary-looking guy who was a little bit late to the party being inconsiderably loud.

"My god, and I thought I am bad at making friends," uttered Sumireko as she continued to overhear their spite-laden conversation. It seemed like the 'Doctor Doom' person ('What a cheesy name,' she briefly thought) was about to head out somewhere, and from what she could hear, it seemed like he knew a way to return to their original world, or at least out of this rather strange and curious land.

Now that won't do for Sumireko. She'd love to stay in this world for a little longer. Still, information is information, and those who rules over information rules the world or something like that.

So Sumireko made up her mind. She'd follow this Doctor Doom to wherever he goes. If things went smoothly for her, this could be advantageous for her.

==========

SilverAsh
"Thank you, Mr. Kujo. I will do exactly that," said SilverAsh as Jotaro told him to rest before he was pushed by a guy who looked like a cowboy.

"Unfortunately, I have nothing of the sort," the Feline deadpanned before turning toward Deadpool, "and as for being a regenerator, though I am quite capable of such, it was not something I took pride in. Swordsmanship is my speciality, and I am much more comfortable being a warrior over protecting my fellow with my body."

@Wade Von Doom @The Wanderer and everyone else

The two women stood a bit back, behind the squabbling villains, but said nothing. Maybe this Shao Khan had the power and willingness to challenge Doom, and maybe the man with the glowing sword did as well, but neither W nor Talulah were as motivated to risk life and limb for something like this. Mercenary works and worldwide terrorism is one thing, getting smacked around and antagonizing more than they could handle is another.

W turned around to face her ex-employer. "You think they're telling the truth?"

Talulah shrugged. "What does it matter?"

The Sarkaz merc blinked, and nodded to herself lightly. Looking past beyond Talulah and the half dozen guards standing behind her, her gaze swept across the barren cityscape, searching aimlessly among the rubble. "You know, I'd almost thought we were back in Chernobog." She said. "But between a world plagued by Oripathy, and a dead one without... what do you prefer? I know my pick for sure."

"Why waste time with arbitrary questions like these?" Talulah glared at her. "We're being followed. You know what, right?"

"Yep." W answered, turning back around to watch Doom drag the hapless pilot back onto the helicopter. "Knew it back on the rooftop. Whatever it is, though, not very aggressive. If they wanted to hit us, we'd have known."

"What do you plan to do?"

"...nothing. Let's see how it goes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashwin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was getting situated now as time passed in the apartment. People were mingling and talking about their abilities and who they were in their world. Ashwin meanwhile, sat by themselves. They couldn't really relate to anyone in the main area, and they were all doing their own things anyway. Healing was being done, basic survival needs were being fulfilled, and overall Ashwin didn't have anything to talk about with anyone. No one hanging out on the fire escape watching for people, so Ashwin decided that was the best place to be for them. "I'm going to keep watch out here" They mentioned, casually climbing out the window and onto the fire escape. The metal railing creaked beneath Ashwin's foot as they stepped onto the old structure. The wind blew by, just as cold as when the group had arrived on this planet. Ashwin didn't really mind though, ice had surrounded them their entire life, or at least what they could remember of it. After a few minutes, Ashwin glanced back in at the group. They felt like they were just being carried along by the group so far, which wasn't all that bad, but it didn't help in terms of getting to know any of them. Ashwin could barely make friends on their world, much less on another unfamiliar world.

Arc

Once everything had died down (both in a literal and metaphorical sense), Doom tried to explain his plan. A strange creature floated in as he explained. It's head was massive, and it floated in a strange yellow exosuit. From what Doom had said, its name was supposedly MODOCK. Most of Doom's plan was vague, as the only real information he gave was that he had a way back to everyone's original universe and that he was going alone into the desert to get an object. As for the rest of the info, he said that MODOCK would be supervising the group. Arc did not like it at all, but speaking up would get him on Doom's bad side possibly. He was glad that this Kahn fellow spoke up since he had the same thoughts as Arc. Watching Kahn might provide some fruit considering if things were to go along as they did.
Arc was later distracted, seeing as how the two females, W and Talulah, were more focused on something else. He had only caught a small glance at the two subtly talking with each other. It was a small conversation between them but Arc could tell there was something else to what they were talking about. Maybe it was possible plans to betray Doom, or it was noticing a detail that he didn't. Either way, Arc was intrigued. Talking to the two at the current moment might attract suspicion though since Arc would be almost too submissive to Doom's plan. He needed to wait and see how the situation between Doom and Kahn would play out before making any moves. As he waited, small crackles of electricity. "I second Kahn's opinion," Arc quietly said, trying to nudge the conversation along.

Brigid Mahoney
The General comes in last of the group. Her musket had been swapped out for Revolution as it was not a good idea to prime a laser musket, then not fire it. The whole thing would fry from the inside. Or was it explode? Or start to fry, then explode? She forgets which. Her Pip-Boy lights up when she gets in and as she was accustomed, there were no other light sources. Brigid was then awash in a light blue light everywhere she went. Revolution was holstered and her hat taken off as prelude to dropping her butt down onto the floor and resting her back against a wall. Her red hair is wild, sweaty and she doesn't bother trying to fix it. There was no real point. Nobody here was likely to think any less of her for her appearance.

"That dragon..woof." Brigid says aloud just to herself. The sheer size of the thing had gotten her to thinking this was it for her. The thing just took all their shots and kept roaring looking ready to tear into whoever got too close. Luckily for them, the hits had made it reconsider and fly away. The walk here to this place had made her a little more aware of this team she was now part of, for better or worse. Among them was that the twins were from Boston. And by their accents it seems they were also of the emerald isle as she was. Brigid raises her head and looks for the nearest of the brothers, locks eyes with him and digs deep for the bits of Irish she had learned from her father.

"Gaeilge a rugadh nó a rugadh i mBostún?" She says to that brother and waits. They were her only 'in' to this new group and she had to work with it.

Last edited:
Damon was walking to the library when it happened. A green flash exploded into his vision, leaving him blinded, and then he felt himself free-falling. When his vision finally recovered, he found himself falling faster and fast, spinning in the air, with no end in sight. At first, he was shocked, but then he realized that this could only be the work of some form of magic. Suddenly excited at the prospect of a new magical phenomenon to research, Damon let a massive smile spread across his face, quickly doing his best to memorize exactly what had happened, as well as what the phenomenon felt like. Unfortunately for him, it would come to an end far too quickly.

As Damon began his memorization, he felt himself land on his back. Far too softly, in fact. There was no way he should have survived that. Surrounding him were the ruined, skeletal remains of... something. He could tell they were ruins from how dilapidated they were, but he had no clue what they actually were. They were obviously made of metal, but he wasn't entirely sure what their purpose could have been. If anything, they held the slightest resemblance to buildings, and the area he was laying resembled a road, but everyone knew that buildings weren't blocks, and that roads were made with dirt. Maybe with cobblestone if you were lucky. Not this... stone stuff. Whatever the hell it was.

As he looked around, growing more and more curious he noticed a group fighting a large band of... skeletons? The hell was going on there? Some sort of primitive automatons? Either that group was much, much stronger than average, or those weird automatons were way weaker than the ones he knew about. Either way, perhaps the group could answer some of his questions. This in mind, he shook one of his metal balls out of his sleeve, unsheathing his sword and setting it alight.

He walked towards the group fighting until he was within range with his orb, then extended his arm, using his gauntlet to throw it toward the skeleton, aiming to pulverize its skull, before using it once more to pull the orb back to his hand.

Wesker

Wiping his gore covered hand on the cloth of a dead soldier, Albert turned to face his compatriots as Doom explained the plan, of which while vague. Was almost perfect to Wesker. As while he understood the others hesitation regarding if Doom would keep his word, Albert spent enough time with the ruler to know when the man kept his word. From promises of reward, to dire warnings of death and ruin should betrayal come to mind.

"Believe me when I say that Victor is a man of his word. So long as we follow his plan through, we shall be back in our own worlds and free to continue our plans....Perhaps even have each other for assistance." The man would speak. The mere thought of what wonders he could create, exposing so many different worlds to the plethora of viruses he knew from Umbrella's stock.

He would proceed to prepare himself for the 'responses' that only the Kahn was capable of making.

@Wade Von Doom @Nero Kunivas @Agent_Puncake @Wiggin

Dio Brando

A sound would catch the ears of the people present, the sound of clapping. The source would reveal itself as none other than a blonde man in a orange yellowish coat and pants, a red cape draped around his shoulders. The man was known to them as Dio Brando, vampire and Stand user.

"Such saccharine words, promises of reward through blind belief? Can't say I haven't used this myself, so I, Dio know when someone attempts to pull it with me." The vampire would call out from his place in the shadows of the entrance to a collapsed maintenance service, a way used by Dio considering Dio's vulnerability to daylight, and considering the sun just hiding behind the dark and dreary clouds above, Dio wasn't taking any chances to expose himself with so little cover.

A method that disgusted Dio, as he should not be toiling in abandoned tunnels and sewers like a common rat.

"So please do tell us precisely why we should even believe such words? Or are the promises of 'Doctor' Doom simply empty words to fill the woefully ignorant with hope as you make your getaway?"

He respected Victor and a good number of the others in their little group, but each and every one of them were second to himself. As he, Dio was above all things and if this mere human believed he was going to pull one over Dio, he was going to be sorely mistaken.

@Wade Von Doom @Nero Kunivas @Wiggin @Agent_Puncake

Of all those with a mind to be accessed, they would at the same instance receive a telepathic message.

"Welcome to a world in turmoil. This world is on the brink of destruction from the same force that has brought you here. Maybe it can be saved, maybe it is too far gone. Its future is uncertain. All the same, you all need to come together sooner rather than later to change the fate of not only this world, but many others.

They would then get a mental image somewhat like this, expect stripped down by conflict and time to its bare bones.

MAIN_kosmos_fasad_P.jpg

"Come here, to the Cosmos Hotel. Look to the North, and you will see it. It has been long abandoned by the government to the elements and the creatures that have been brought here. There, a force for good can be forged and sheltered."

The voice itself is heard in their heads as soft, yet firm and benevolent.

Should this call be heeded, they would look to the North and see this hotel jutting out from the landscape due to many taller monoliths being decimated beforehand.

Of all those with a mind to be accessed, they would at the same instance receive a telepathic message.

"Welcome to a world in turmoil. This world is on the brink of destruction from the same force that has brought you here. Maybe it can be saved, maybe it is too far gone. Its future is uncertain. All the same, you all need to come together sooner rather than later to change the fate of not only this world, but many others.

They would then get a mental image somewhat like this, expect stripped down by conflict and time to its bare bones.

MAIN_kosmos_fasad_P.jpg

"Come here, to the Cosmos Hotel. Look to the North, and you will see it. It has been long abandoned by the government to the elements and the creatures that have been brought here. There, a force for good can be forged and sheltered."

Should this call be heeded, they would look to the North and see this hotel jutting out from the landscape due to many taller monoliths being decimated beforehand.
Ayami blinked. Once again that bullshit voice found its way inside her head. "Have I gone batshit ?... "She thought.

Feathers.

Ayami look towards the direction the voice told her too, and there it is. The Cosmos Hotel. The largest building visible closeby . What once opulent and magnificent left to the ruins like the rest of the city. "Mysterious head voice wants me to go to a sketchy looking old hotel. Nope. Not suspicious at all...."

But to make sure Ayami turns to the person nearest to her. The awkward electrical mage.
"Uh Kaz (@Henryboy003 ), did you just heard that voice that said we should go over there ?"
She said, pointing to the abandoned hotel

The bar. It was always her next stop after completing a run. In all the universe, if a planet had even the most minimal civilization there was a bar of some kind. Tonight it was Uten's Lounge here on Nal Hutta. The wealthy merchant she had ferried here was not going to be needing a return trip for his own reasons.

Markha dresses as a typical pilot. Leaves her uniform onboard the company cruiser at the dock. To look at her, she doesn't stand out in the slums of Nal Hutta. Even as a Zeltron, she is not the most exotic. There are other Zeltrons dressed more provocatively than her just in the streets as she walks.

It has been five years since the end of the Clone Wars and the rise of the First Galactic Empire. Markha had survived this long by becoming Bekka, and doing the same thing night after night: order drinks, be the life of the party, be flirtatious; be everything a Jedi was not to keep suspicion away from her.

Almost everything. The flirtations were only ever that. Anyone who thought they had spent the night with Bekka the Zeltron pilot, only believed so because of a mind trick. It was her one skill she still seemed to access. Like the lightsaber she still carries.

Markha stands just outside Uten's Lounge in the glow of its sign. The alcohol did not affect her the same as Humans, but it's tastes and the revelry were a balm in these helpless times.

Markha steps forward to the door. A green light engulfs her vision, and she is suddenly falling. Her first instinct is to reach out with The Force to stop her fall. Her feet hit solid ground before she can know if she was even still able to do that.

Her left hand draws her blaster and her right ignites her lightsaber. Old habits die hard.

Markha looks around. Nothing but a ruined city. Not too different from her time in the Clone Wars, but she has a very distinct feeling this was not a planet ravaged by that conflict. It was not just the lack of droid parts or Clone Trooper helmets. It was a deep sense through The Force, the strongest she has had since Jabiim.

A voice comes into her mind then. But she doesn't feel The Force in it. She puts her lightsaber away but keeps the blaster ready as she walks through and up the nearest building very carefully to the roof. This direction given was her only guide to an answer, whether it was a trap or not.

"There it is." Markha says spotting the distinct shape of The Cosmos jutting out from the ruined cityscapes long ways away. She closes her eyes and meditates on the situation. The blaster and lightsaber were her only weapons. Her commlink was her only other equipment, and that was beeping to indicate a signal loss.

"The Force is my ally." She tells herself, but does not really feel it like she did in the past. She opens her eyes to look out at The Cosmos and the many rooftops and rubble in the way. It had been five years since she had run such obstacles with The Force as her guide.

There was no better time than now to rebuild her connection, and no better way.

Markha sprints to the edge of the rooftop, leaps, and reaches for the other side through The Force to be pulled safely across….and it doesn't work. There is no pull and she is only saved by her hands catching that edge in time.

"Well then! That's not going to work!" Markha pulls herself up and takes a minute to rest.

This was going to take a while…

Markha struggles to the ground after two more failed attempts at a Force Jump, and walks stealthily as she can in the direction of the Cosmos Hotel. She is only walking a short while before she hears people talking around one corner, and puts her back to that corner and listens before peeking around.

A small group in number, made more dangerous by the fact one was a giant in stature. She hears them talk, and gleans they have also heard the message. A message meant to gather a force for good. But was it a trap? The Force would not give her any sense of an answer. Best to trail this group and get a feel for them that way.

Last edited:
Luer took a deep breath as he relaxed, as much as he could anyway, once his conversation with Ayami was over. There was something wrong with him. He did not know what, but he knew something was not right. He should be tired, he should be asleep. Yet here he sat, exhausted, mentally and physically, unable to let his mind shut down for even a moment. Not only that, he was not cold. It was cold outside, yet in his shorts and his admittedly short shirt, he did not shiver, he did not chill. He did not understand, but it was bothersome as much as it did worry him.

He looked up when Arthur asked for something cold, raising a brow. Well, better than doing nothing. He stood again, moving over to the cowboy. "I can heal you." He offered. He did not think much of the 'area' as an issue, naturally.

"No offense, kid, but that magic stuff freaks me out, so I'm good." Arthur explained to Luer, before tilting his hat back, adding, "Just find yourself somewhere comfortable to sleep. We've all had a long day."

SilverAsh
"Thank you, Mr. Kujo. I will do exactly that," said SilverAsh as Jotaro told him to rest before he was pushed by a guy who looked like a cowboy.

"Unfortunately, I have nothing of the sort," the Feline deadpanned before turning toward Deadpool, "and as for being a regenerator, though I am quite capable of such, it was not something I took pride in. Swordsmanship is my speciality, and I am much more comfortable being a warrior over protecting my fellow with my body."

@Wade Von Doom @The Wanderer and everyone else

"Don't blame you, pain still sucks, whether you can regenerate the lost limbs or not. But hey, glad to have another sword-generator in this group either way!" He told Ash, pulling out his own swords. "What you got there, a cane sword?... Looks like a weird monocle." Because of the weird circle with a piece of it missing. "That all you have? No, gun, or another sword, just that?"

Brigid Mahoney
The General comes in last of the group. Her musket had been swapped out for Revolution as it was not a good idea to prime a laser musket, then not fire it. The whole thing would fry from the inside. Or was it explode? Or start to fry, then explode? She forgets which. Her Pip-Boy lights up when she gets in and as she was accustomed, there were no other light sources. Brigid was then awash in a light blue light everywhere she went. Revolution was holstered and her hat taken off as prelude to dropping her butt down onto the floor and resting her back against a wall. Her red hair is wild, sweaty and she doesn't bother trying to fix it. There was no real point. Nobody here was likely to think any less of her for her appearance.

"That dragon..woof." Brigid says aloud just to herself. The sheer size of the thing had gotten her to thinking this was it for her. The thing just took all their shots and kept roaring looking ready to tear into whoever got too close. Luckily for them, the hits had made it reconsider and fly away. The walk here to this place had made her a little more aware of this team she was now part of, for better or worse. Among them was that the twins were from Boston. And by their accents it seems they were also of the emerald isle as she was. Brigid raises her head and looks for the nearest of the brothers, locks eyes with him and digs deep for the bits of Irish she had learned from her father.

"Gaeilge a rugadh nó a rugadh i mBostún?" She says to that brother and waits. They were her only 'in' to this new group and she had to work with it.

Murphy joined his brother on the couch, sighing in relief from finally getting a break for the day. Nothing but long walks and intense battles. So when Brigid started speaking in Gaelic, that certainly caught their attention quickly. They both looked to each other for a few seconds, before Connor spoke back with, "Èireannach a rugadh."

Murphy then added, "Bha sinn a 'fuireach an sin còmhla ri ar màthair gus an do thionndaidh an dithis againn ochd-deug, an uairsin ghluais sinn gu na stàitean ann am Boston."

Connor asked, "Ciamar a tha fios agad air a 'Ghàidhlig? Chan eil thu coltach ri Tùsanach Èireannach?"

Before Brigid or anyone could speak again, a sudden message traveled into the minds of everyone. Not just in the apartment.

MAIN_kosmos_fasad_P.jpg

Arthur jumped when he first heard the voice, almost falling off the chair. "Whoa, the hell?!" Then when the image of the hotel flashed before his eyes, he slid off and fell on his side. "Wait, waitwaitwait, hold on there! Who the hell are you?!" He shouted out once standing up, looking up to the ceiling like that was where she was. No answer. "What just happened!?"

Deadpool was also caught off guard, immediately telling it was a psychic talking to them from the echo in her voice, like she was down a long hallway. When she finished speaking, Deadpool rubbed his chin. "I know that voice..." He said to himself, with Arthur overhearing.

"Well who was it!" He asked.

"Ahhhhh... can't tell. " He had several names pop into mind as to who, but they could all be wrong.

"Try figuring it out then, because the last thing I need is someone puttin' pictures in my mind and not knowing why!"

"Jesus, calm down, Morgan!"
Connor pipped in, still on the couch. "It wasn't like she tried poppin' our heads like in Scanners, she just gave us directions."

"And why?" Arthur questioned back. "A force of good can be forged and sheltered? Fate of worlds at stake? Sounds like a damn trap if ever I heard one."

"It's a bit vague, I'll give you that." The fate of worlds bit was a little much, "but... you know, it's not like we'd be going in underpowered." They were a very big group filled with strong people. "Worst case scenario, me and wolfie here," SilverAsh, "just soak up a bunch of bullets while the rest of you snipe out targets or blow up floors on the building. I've dealt with enough psychics in my professional anti-hero career to be kinda immune to it, so y'all got a chance of surviving this.... Maybe.... Depends on if you normies do go the way of Scanners, nice reference by the way." DP complimented the brothers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the last skeleton suddenly got killed by a floating orb of metal, Solaire turned around to see who threw it. He was faced with a young man in mages robes, nothing unfamiliar to him, and already he could tell he wasn't undead. A real living human, like Kassandra. He also wasn't from his world, those robes were nothing like what he saw back in his travels. ".... Hello there!" He shouted out, sheathing his sword. "Yet another stranger in this strange land." Approaching, Solaire's attitude was of glee and cheer, bizarre certainly for the situation they were all in, but at least there was no sign of hostility or intent to do harm.

"I'll assume you have come here the way we have? The flash of green and fall to this ruined realm?" He questioned. Before he could go further, like with the other group, the four of them recieved the same message from the woman's voice, and where to go. Solaire recognized that voice. It was the same voice he heard when he first arrived in this place, before he had met Layyel and Kassandra, telling him to search for this 'Doctor.' He staggered for a moment, a numbing headache by the flash of the hotel's image. The others heard and saw as well.

"You heard her?" He asked the three. "That voice, a woman's, 'tis the same that echoed in my mind, the one I spoke to you two of." He said to Layyel and Kassandra. "She gives us direction! At last!" Solaire seemed even more giddy under his helmet, already forgetting the newbie in his excitement, but thankfully turned back around to notice him again.

"Pardon. My joy gets the better of me. I am Solaire of Astora. What be you?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Shao Kahn, Konqueror of Worlds, Ruler of Outworld -

The good Doctor Doom's plans were never held in high regard by the Kahn even at the best of times, so when it's naught but a vague set of instructions that could potentially lead to many deaths, be it of their peons or themselves, followed by Doom preparing to depart on the only transport for miles...well, to say Shao Kahn was displeased would not do his frustration justice. With a growl, he would speak to all his words many concern, meaning everyone around him, Doom especially.

"Doctor Doom... you have promised us a great many things...and you have yet to deliver. Now, "Doom" wants us to be assured that "Doom" has finally secured us a way home on such vague terms?! When are you going to stop making mockery of us? Here, you are surrounded by Sith Lords, Thieves, Murderers and all powerful beings, how you can be so condescending, so veiled in secrecy with as much confidence as you do, is beyond me!"

An angered Shao Kahn then pointed to M.O.D.O.K and bellowed: "And what is this supposed to be?! Our "minder"?! This pathetic dolt surely couldn't get us through a dilapidated hamlet, never mind a city!"

Soon after, with his fists clenched, the Kahn seemingly calmed down. Seemingly, because he was still huffing and obviously furious, but his tone lowered a few octaves and was less shouty from here on:

"You've given us very little to go on, Doctor. You had better make good on your word, or you will regret it."

@Wade Von Doom @The Wanderer @Wiggin @Agent_Puncake @To Anyone Else this Concerns
Dio Brando

A sound would catch the ears of the people present, the sound of clapping. The source would reveal itself as none other than a blonde man in a orange yellowish coat and pants, a red cape draped around his shoulders. The man was known to them as Dio Brando, vampire and Stand user.

"Such saccharine words, promises of reward through blind belief? Can't say I haven't used this myself, so I, Dio know when someone attempts to pull it with me." The vampire would call out from his place in the shadows of the entrance to a collapsed maintenance service, a way used by Dio considering Dio's vulnerability to daylight, and considering the sun just hiding behind the dark and dreary clouds above, Dio wasn't taking any chances to expose himself with so little cover.

A method that disgusted Dio, as he should not be toiling in abandoned tunnels and sewers like a common rat.

"So please do tell us precisely why we should even believe such words? Or are the promises of 'Doctor' Doom simply empty words to fill the woefully ignorant with hope as you make your getaway?"

He respected Victor and a good number of the others in their little group, but each and every one of them were second to himself. As he, Dio was above all things and if this mere human believed he was going to pull one over Dio, he was going to be sorely mistaken.

@Wade Von Doom @Nero Kunivas @Wiggin @Agent_Puncake

With such a man like Kahn, Doom expected him to be impatient. For a man to rule over his own realm, he lacked a clear cunning of any kind, and clearly had no strategic mind. How he came into power, Doom could only fathom, but he lacked in allies needed to succeed in his plan, and Kahn was willing to work with him only so much. But Dio.....

Dio was a problem of his own. In what Kahn lacked, Dio was truly someone that Doom considered an equal. A shame then they were clearly at odds. Men such as them could not act the minion, they needed to be the leader. "The same could be asked of you, Dio. Only now you join us, after the hard part is finished." Doom pointed out. Dio just wanted to keep the group aimed against Doom so when the time came, he could remove Doom entirely. "If my word is not enough to satisfy your worries, then consider this. I offer you all a way off this world, back to our homes, with the only cost being that you trust in my word. Now, I realize that my proof of accomplishing this feat is as visible as the wind which blows in our face. But, if you must have something... MODOK." Doom ordered, for which the 'dolt,' as Kahn called him, floated in between the group, pulling up a small holograph of the city.

"Within the center of the city, along the tallest buildings are strange thermal energy readings. These readings, compared to the ones that appear briefly around the city, has almost the same radiation signature." MODOK informed. "It is easy to see then that these radiation signatures are the brief flashes of energy that brought us all here to this planet, but, unlike the one in the city,my readings show the energy spiking consistently for hours at a time, instead of momentarily."

"Whatever lies in that building is using the same energy that brought us here. If we find it, we may be able to use it to return home. But, between us and that city is a military larger than us, and using technology created specifically to capture meta humans. A frontal assault with our forces is but suicide. Yet, Doom has already planned to get us through those defenses, and keep them occupied while we make our way into the building. And what is required lies out in the desert far beyond these ruins." Doom finished explaining.

"It may not be what you desire for evidence of a return to your worlds, but it should satiate your anxieties.... Unless, the Kahn or Dio prefer to fit you all on this helicopter to ride off into the sunset?" Doom offered, moving aside to let the group decide. Trust in Doom, who has proved some evidence to his claim, or Dio and Kahn, who would simply wish to keep arguing until both tried killing each other for the power.

Jotaro

To say that Jotaro had a peaceful rest was an exaggeration worthy of a punch from the man himself, he was sleeping in a cold ruined apartment, away from home, his family and among strangers. That wasn't the tip of the iceberg, he had his dreams of guilt riddled visions of the long past dead members of the Stardust Crusaders, wondering if he was there, maybe their deaths could've been avoided.

The most prominent one was Kakyoin, whom according to Joseph was short of defeating Dio when he was brutally murdered by the bastard, but thankfully his friend, who in his last moments figured out the truth of Dio's The World Stand's ability. Warning Joseph who in turn warned Jotaro during the final confrontation.

If it wasn't for Kakyoin's death, then their crusade would've ended with each and every single one of them dead. But this didn't stop the thought of what-ifs tormenting Jotaro all of these years later.

Thankfully, something interrupted the dreams, a voice in his head telling him to make his way to a hotel that looked like a crescent moon, however the suddenness of the voice made Jotaro stand at attention, Star Platinum summoned with fists raised to decimate the source. But soon he'd realize what the voice had been saying. And so without a word, his Stand was dismissed. Jotaro would be among the ones for making their way to this hotel as not only would it serve as a base for them to gather at, but perhaps there were supplies for food, water or even medical supplies. As while the healers of their little group were good, they didn't want to overwork said healers to the point that their effectiveness waned til they couldn't properly heal injuries.

"If it's a trap, then we'll deal with it, so long as I can get within five meters. Then no matter how much of a psychic we're dealing with, it'll be dealt with. But if it's not a trap, then we best make our way there. Could be food, water or even working necessities for us to use. Perhaps they have medical supplies so those with the ability to heal can rest." He'd say, stretching his sore body as he made his way to the window, ready to begin the trek to this Cosmos Hotel.

"And if what the voice said is true, then we may be in bigger trouble than we thought." He didn't quite understand the situation regarding the multiple worlds bit, but something in his gut told him that things were bigger than they seemed.

@Wade Von Doom @LenxKaitoYaoi @Henryboy003 @Jenhal @Amber Franklin @Valkan @Whoever-Else-I-Missed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red Hood

Jason's slumber was as per usual, uneventful. Little to no dreams, which made him wonder if it was a long term side effect of the Lazarus Pit's life restoring capabilities on his body. He didn't mind if that was the case, it meant no nightmares or anything of the sort. He woke up a little later early due to the conversations occuring, a comment ready to come out when the voice in his head spoke up.

A feeling all too familiar.

A telepath was talking to him, and from the looks of it. Said voice was talking to the others, the voice simply stated that their situation was bigger than initally thought. And that perhaps this world could still be saved, and not only that but other worlds as well.

This shit was starting to remind Jason of adventures past, before Superman's Regime came about. They had their fair share with other worlds similar to theirs, so Jason wasn't as fazed. "Oh thank god, I was beginning to think this was something new. Watch, we'll bump into Meghan or Jon, and then we'll be back on our merry ways to our universe." That had to be it, thought Jason couldn't quite figure out why the others were brought if they weren't from a variation of his world.

That'd be a question for another time when they meet their mysterious mental caller. Putting his leather jacket back on, slipping the red helmet back onto his head and making sure his gear was back in its proper place, including the flashlight that he had given to Luer, whom had returned it. He'd give a nod of thanks to the blue haired healer as he went to the window, waiting for the others to get ready.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dio Brando

"Tch." Was the only noise Dio made, his expression looking more annoyed than before. How dare this mere man insult one such as Dio? Part of him wanted to murder the metal clad man right then and there, but he reminded himself that if he did do such a thing. Then he'd trapped on this barren shithole that was barely fit for rule by one such as Dio.

"So you've promised, your friend there sharing your promise's value." His expression would loosen up to just a simple furrowed brow. "So I, Dio will let this slide for now, Doom. But remember that if we do not see the fruits of your machinations at the city, then there will be no place for you to hide from any of us. Least of all, I. For I will personally turn you into a zombie to then have your head mounted on a wall."

As to ease things over with Doom, he'd add this. "But if you do complete your part of the deal, then I shall share with you the power of a Stand." As while Dio had no qualms with such a promise, as he knew where a Stand arrow could be acquired, among his few remaining agents that hopefully would still be loyal to him. Provided the flesh bud didn't kill them after his abscence.

But Dio had a hidden trick up his sleeve, if Doom's Stand was powerful, which also depended if said man wanted one. Then Dio would have to ensure that Doom was under his thumb to prevent any ursurping. As only Dio was fit to rule of his world, not wanting to be someone else's lackey or slave.

Which would have him plant a flesh bud in the man, to become one of his agents. But at this moment, he would let Doom go about his plan to this helicopter to some far off waste for whatever reason. The implanting of the flesh bud could come later, if at all.

@Wade Von Doom @Wiggin @Nero Kunivas @Agent_Puncake

Ashwin

Ashwin was leaning against the cold metal railing of the fire escape while everyone was resting. They had nearly fallen asleep themselves, since the cool air was soothing. It probably was not all that good in terms of them being a watch from that side of the building, but thankfully nothing had appeared. What did happen though was a sudden voice emanating from inside Ashwin's head. It was soft and feminine but yet still held a sort of urgency most psychic messages come with. The voice described that Ashwin, along with the rest of the group, was needed for some type of fate changing action. What that action was, couldn't be sure. An image of a large and grandeur building suddenly filled Ashwin's vision, its many windows shined in the sunlight and a large statue was prominent in front.

Ashwin was unsure if it was some sort of mental glitch from having lost their memory or if it was some strange omen. Apparently they were not the only one to have experience the strange message, as Red hood suddenly popped his head out of the window. It looked like he was waiting for the rest of the group to get ready. "Well you heard the lady, let's go change fate!" Ashwin said happily. Ashwin then sat on the railing, and ice formed beneath them. Gradually, they began to slide down the fire escape to the bottom. This was going to be their first real quest, hopefully they were ready to start it.

Arc

A mysterious other member joined in on the conversation. He was a large man, and announced himself as the all-powerful Dio. Arc had dealt with egotistical maniacs before, but this man had an aura to him that struck Arc as dangerous. This man had a reason for having his ego, and tried to use it to manipulate the great doctor doom. He seemed very similar to Arc in his ideas, which intimidated him slightly. A flamboyance followed him. What worried Arc even more was that Doom addressed him personally and individually from the group. On the bright side, it nudged Doom to have Modock show the plan. Arc could barely understand what this "radiation" or "thermal energy readings" were, but he could at least figure out that it was a sure sign for a way home.

Doom's plan also didn't seem to be as barbaric as Arc thought, talking of how a frontal assault would be suicide. Fitting other people into the strange flying vehicle would also not work, seeing as no one trusted Doom or his plan. Arc turned back to Dio, who seemed to be annoyed but satiated for the time being. He spoke of some strange reward called a "stand." This would need to be taken care of if Arc were to gauge his power level. He looked to be getting on Doom's good side too. "I see we have a man of standards in our midst, No idiotic primate would miss an opportunity such as this," Arc mentioned. It was indeed a good move to give out a reward, and with a reward that only this man could get, Arc believed that Doom would not falter as carrying out his mission. "If that is how it is, then I see no more issues with carrying out this plan" Arc finished, feeling slightly jealous that he couldn't offer anything himself.

Layyel stood dumbfounded as Soul-air talked to the new tiny.

Earlier on, he was having a lot of fun smacking boney tinies against other boney tinies but before he could smash the last one to itty bits, some ball smacked it then floated back into the hands of the aforementioned tiny. It was undoubtedly magic and that confused Layyel greatly. He had decided to poke the magic tiny before some lady talked to his brain. Not only that, but she had also said a bunch of confusing words that left Layyel's mind in a daze.

What's a hoe-tell?
Why is that one building over there super important?
Why were there poles with glass bits on them?
Where was norf?
What IS norf??
Why do good thingies need to be shehlt-errd??
How does a good thingy get fourjjed??
What even was fourjj???

So, Layyel stood there, trying to process what just happened.

He still didn't know.

Shaking his head slowly in confusion, Layyel decided to sit next to Kass-andra.

She probably knew what was going on.

All the others are very vocal. It plays well into her new secondary directive of gathering information to get back on track with her primary directive. As of now, the one most useful to her was the one named Ayami. Young and her profile at this stage fit the young people she had socialized with then terminated. Ayami was able to fabricate weapons and ammo from nothing; a living armory that has already provided a powerful weapon. As for the weapon itself, the fact she was able to lift and fire it was not a concern to any one of them. Despite it not being the model made to be carried and fired by infantry.

There were not many asking probing questions like that of her. Probability was 98.70 percent they saw this and it was commonplace for them. Should any of them make more inquiries, the learning computer already has a detailed file for a 'Thea' she has compiled thoroughly to convince most of her humanity.

The group arrives at a dilapidated apartment. Thea, as she would be known to them, moves carefully as a scan reveals the floor integrity had degraded to the point too much weight and activity could collapse it. Thea configures her face to appear tired, and takes one corner of the apartment to sit and 'rest' with her knees together and head between them. Breathing slows to simulate a restful sleep.

Several conversations happen here that the others are unaware she is recording for future use. Of note of all were Kaz and Ayami, and Brigid and the brothers forming the start of a social bond. Social bonds can be exploited.

An event occurs to the rest. They say they received a message, by a medium she could not receive. Which would be problematic to explain.

"You all heard that too?" Thea asks after raising her head from her knees and looking around. It was a question that made it seem she was confused wanting confirmation, but would possibly yield more information. She listens to Jotaro's suggestions, and surmises they had all received intelligence in a channel she was unable to access. Best not to call attention to that. Probability was 99.125% they would all think it suspicious.

"I agree with Jotaro." Thea stands up. "This apartment might just fall out from under us soon. This Cosmos Hotel is more likely a better suited base for us."

[

Last edited:

MAIN_kosmos_fasad_P.jpg

Kaz's hand shot up to her head, staggering back in pain for a moment as a mental wall sorta just got shattered as if it was paper. She looked to everyone else she could see, it seemed non harmful. But... the message just didnt sit right.
yami blinked. Once again that bullshit voice found its way inside her head. "Have I gone batshit ?... "She thought.

Feathers.

Ayami look towards the direction the voice told her too, and there it is. The Cosmos Hotel. The largest building visible closeby . What once opulent and magnificent left to the ruins like the rest of the city. "Mysterious head voice wants me to go to a sketchy looking old hotel. Nope. Not suspicious at all...."

But to make sure Ayami turns to the person nearest to her. The awkward electrical mage.
"Uh Kaz ( [IMG alt="Henryboy003"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/30/30670.jpg?1579366188[/IMG] Henryboy003 ), did you just heard that voice that said we should go over there ?"
She said, pointing to the abandoned hotel

"Absolutly. Right though a few layers of protection to..." She was still shaking off the headache as she answered, looking to the hotel with a slight glare of hate in her eyes. "And, there is no way I am trusting that shit farther then I can throw it. So... Plan of attack?"

Thankfully, something interrupted the dreams, a voice in his head telling him to make his way to a hotel that looked like a crescent moon, however the suddenness of the voice made Jotaro stand at attention, Star Platinum summoned with fists raised to decimate the source. But soon he'd realize what the voice had been saying. And so without a word, his Stand was dismissed. Jotaro would be among the ones for making their way to this hotel as not only would it serve as a base for them to gather at, but perhaps there were supplies for food, water or even medical supplies. As while the healers of their little group were good, they didn't want to overwork said healers to the point that their effectiveness waned til they couldn't properly heal injuries.

"If it's a trap, then we'll deal with it, so long as I can get within five meters. Then no matter how much of a psychic we're dealing with, it'll be dealt with. But if it's not a trap, then we best make our way there. Could be food, water or even working necessities for us to use. Perhaps they have medical supplies so those with the ability to heal can rest." He'd say, stretching his sore body as he made his way to the window, ready to begin the trek to this Cosmos Hotel.

"And if what the voice said is true, then we may be in bigger trouble than we thought." He didn't quite understand the situation regarding the multiple worlds bit, but something in his gut told him that things were bigger than they seemed.

"By the Powers I hope it isn't a trap... didn't bring my teakettle with me... so... we gonna head over as one big group, or should we scout it out? Ayami, sound like a plan?"

@LenxKaitoYaoi @Amber Franklin @Valkan @Wade Von Doom @whoever_I_Missed