The Evrensel Conflict: Act 1 -- Chapter 2, Mission: Essence of Shade

Chalcedony - Character Sheet

As they talked to the two strange individuals knives flit through the air whirling Chalcedony in place to dart away evading the remarkably hazardous projectiles, "Oh dear! Ohdearohdearodear! I need to cohabitate!"

She spared a glance to Captain America as they talked then to Ryan, Luer, Kirby, and lastly Bem, "Hm. No. maybe. No. What even are you? Oh, the new one!"

Huge angry creatures materialized from inside engrams tossed onto the ground and nervously hugged a wall to stay out of notice. On her way over to have a closer look at Bem saw the back of Moire's helmet and its tiny chip slot, "Oh! Hello, interface port! will-hidden ghost in metal!"

It was less that she connected to the suit than the small ghost shell circled Moire's head then folded at strange angles to fit itself through the thinnest of threads across the neural lattice. The chip reader and attendant neural lattice made for a usable gateway to the mind. Promptly holding the gate shut behind her as cyberware might complain of a cybernetic intrusion though likely not designed to repel a metaphysical one. A 2d representation appeared on the suit HUD.

The icon's eye shifted left and right as Chalcedony hid from harm, "Ah. Apologies for the intrusion Ma'am. I'll just, ah, hide behind your armor for a moment, shall I? I am quite more fragile than you."

Floral handwriting of a new label wasn't usually something one used in user interfaces. Text and a climbing numeric value exposed itself as Chalcedony's tiny icon flit between parts of the interface. Some conceptual representation mangled in translation between disparate magical languages. She ignored it inspecting armaments by pulling down a menu. Worried that they were going to be bringing those strange crossbows to a knife-fight at barely a dozen paces. Not to mention the huge animals... well one down, still best to be prepared.

The icon looked at the counter marked 'Essence' with a small status of 'Fireplaceanchor online', "Ah, well, the 'number' represents rather a more subjective externality. It's slowly acreeting in my presence! I presume the natural potential must serve some purpose for you."

As she scrolled past suit equipment she stopped paying attention to the world getting much more violent and yammered on, "Do avoid getting stabbed by the black metal that's screaming before one of us finds something that can take a hit from it. Crossbow, tiny crossbow, fist, mead, mead, birdhouse... Birdhouse? Small colored human? Rotating engram storage manifold. Aha! Energy sword. Bound isochronal engram? well... these could fit together."

The energy sword glimmered with programmable matter reshaping the weapon interface as the ghost unwittingly connected the engram at the heart of a particular exotic rifle. Its new fate written in opposition to the screaming, suffering, dark of the soulsteel shaped as a weapon as much by Moire's intent than starmetal. Souls channeled in solidarity against the dark's chains rather than contained by force. A tempestuous argument one would certainly hear if not feel should the metals smash into one another.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hero
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~
Dusk
~=========~-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~=========~

Dusk honestly didn't pay much attention to the two children as they fawned over the captain of the Americas (that's what Dusk thought his name was at least). What an America was and how he was the captain of them, Dusk had no clue. He only really started to gain an understanding of what was happening when he noticed that Kirby was staring into the distance, like a dog being aware of an oncoming storm. Dusk didn't notice anything at first, but the two children seemed to have noticed it too.

A fan of throwing knives whizzed past Dusk towards one of the children, the one named Sasha. She promptly dodged the blades, then deflected the others with a hidden blade. A few of the knives that were batted away had made their way in Dusk's direction, to which he quickly grabbed them out of the air with almost surgical precision. He didn't notice he had done it after looking at his hand holding three knives, mainly due to it being on instinct. That felt too natural, Dusk thought to himself. Something was affecting the way his instincts worked, just like in the world where he faced off against his inner self, but this time it seemed to have a positive effect. Dusk then looked back up to see one of the children throw the captain's shield into the head of one of the assailants. "Can one of you teach me the of the 'frisbee' after this?" Dusk asked, not picking up the obvious lie.

It was then that the two people emerged from the shadows, revealing their monochromatic appearances. Dusk, usually having a neutral appearance, had his face scrunch up with confusion. These men seemed very similar to him, yet they didn't seem to possess horns and he didn't seem to have a mark on his forehead like them. They then proceeded to introduce themselves. Should I also state my name? Dusk thought, before awkwardly speaking up. "I am Dusk… of… the Dusk. First of the Geodians," Dusk said. It didn't seem to matter all that much, as the battle began with the summoning of blood red apes. One of the children immediately took one down with an attack, but more were getting ready to attack the other. Dusk, assuming he was already involved with the battle, took the four knives he had gathered and twirled them in his fingers before throwing a flurry of his own at the apes. He took on the pose of an old western cowboy shooting a pistol as he threw each knife with his legs wide and fast movements of his wrist to throw the knives.

Bem

A matter of moments after the new duo met with her gracious and giving masters, they revealed themselves to be... *more cultivators*, and young masters from what she could tell.

At this point she wasn't sure if some god above was toying with her or not, would they end her life? They had come not from the mysterious magical box, would her gracious ones protect her? Yet her immediate terror was met with an immediate answer as they seemed to jump to fight another two that had appeared out of thin air.

The new duo summoned a small army to attack Bem and her charges, and her role as bodyguard was put to immediate use, a chance to prove herself

Bem span her spear before slamming it into the ground as she began channeling energy throughout herself, using it as a pole vault to launch herself forward with remarkable speed above the duo of the apes swinging at Sasha, thankful for her luck in being a cultivator. The boons given to her by the small pink thing and the cultivators already being put to use.

With a twirl, she angled the blade of her spear for the first beast's neck, hitting it's mark and pushing deep inside, yet her momentum carried her ever forward and rammed the second with the first's corpse as she landed atop it.

Ripping the weapon out, she thrust into the head of the second with enough strength to pierce the skull, gleaming with crimson triumph before aiming for the next target, and once again leaping above the fight, pride practically emanating from the bee as she felt a breakthrough into the next level of initiate.

Ryan Morganyag

"Yes, a bee. A bee with huma-" Ryan was explaining to Luer as they both got out of the TARDIS. Just in time to witness the show. Ryan froze for an instant, looked at Dusk already going at the strange looking couple. Perfect, he had a target. But between him and them were their minions.

A grin appeared on Ryan's face "Sorry Luer, looks like things aren't going to be calm here either". Without giving the archer a chance to respond he dashed forward. Summoning Kroniid on his sheath on his left hand he faced off one of these creatures. The ape attempted to grab Ryan with both arms and tear him apart. Unfortunately, it was being toyed with. With blinding speed, Ryan jumped backwards and flipped himself to be relatively parallel to the ground. With a flare of orange, the swordsman rocketed himself forward, drawing his blade in a neat slash aimed at the ape's mouth, in an attempt to dislodge its upper head from the rest of its body.

Maintaining the flow, Ryan braked himself by performing a precise half flip and firing a a torrent of flames from his feet in a powerful explosion aimed at another ape. Twirling his body with the subsequent recoil, he aimed himself at a third ape, giving it only the fraction of a second that took Ryan's feet to touch the ground to react. As once he did, he darted forward. Slashing vertically on the closest of the ape's arms in an uppercut like motion he flew slightly upwards before bringing himself down with another explosion and slashing right down the middle of the ape, enhancing his range with a crescent of plasma emerging from his sword on the way down.

Sekiro, the One-Armed Wolf

It had come suddenly, quicker than even the lightning strikes of his duel with the Sword Saint. A flash of light blinding his vision with green, far more jarring than the comforting blue of the Sculptor's Idols and their own form of travel. In less time than it took the shinobi to blink he was falling under a sunlit sky, far from the stormy night above just before.

Such a drastic shift of landscape, however unbelievable was not outside of his ability to handle. Spinning his body to face the ground, he beheld a marvel of civilization more grand and vast than any he had witnessed in his lifetime, outstripping Ashina castle and even the once divine Fountainhead in beauty. Unfortunately, the great city was also rapidly growing closer and though a fall from such a height could potentially be survivable even without his Lord's gift, that depended heavily upon where he landed.

Straining his vision to find a suitable location to direct his fall, Wolf beheld a most unexpected sight. Apes, several of them in fact, were engaged in combat with the locals. Whether civilians or perhaps the local militia, it mattered not. Apes were frustrating beasts, one of the more frequent animals obstructing his path and annoyingly persistent. Though he would not admit so to even his Lord, the Wolf would enjoy this kill, just a little.

With moments left to correct his course and a clear target in sight, he swung the Shinobi Prosthetic's grappling hook out to catch on a titanic piece of architecture and redirected his momentum towards one of the creatures. On impact, Kusabimaru struck deep into it's flesh, piercing through and cracking the earth below with a shockwave of gathered force. The wretched thing would almost certainly not be getting up again after that.

His eyes flickered down as the dust settled for only a moment, just to be sure. The Guardian Ape of the Bodhisattva Valley hadn't much cared about decapitation, or the subsequent execution at twisting spear-point through the open neck cavity when it got back up. Thankfully it appeared once again to be a unique trait shared by a blessed none of it's fellows.

Smoothly transitioning to a ninjutsu technique from the deathblow, Wolf drew out the creature's blood in the form of a red sheathe around his sword. With a lengthened edge further empowered by the creature's own life essence, the blade was ready to strike down the rest of the fell being's kind.

And so battle was joined.

Last edited:
After playing around with the Captain's shield for a moment, Svante recoiled at something invisible and stared down the length of the alleyway. It was sufficient to draw the Captain's gaze down there as well, but he found it difficult to see anything.

"Sasha, incoming!"

It seemed like her brother's warning had been completely unnecessary. As a swarm of thrown knives came for her from the alleyway's end, Sasha proceeded to dodge half of them, reached into her boot mid-step and drew a short blade made of iridescent steel in a concealed sheath, and then batted a handful more out of the air, before Svante raised the Captain's shield and tossed it across the alleyway. It ricocheted off a wall and then seemed to hit their opponent, before bouncing right back, fortuitously close so the boy caught it once more.

"This is yours, sorry," he said, handing it back to Steve.

As if to excuse herself for the amazing feats of dodging and combat, in order to remain in-character with her Resplendent Destiny, Sasha looked at Captain Rogers and said, "I, uh, practice ballet."

"I played with a frisbee once," Svante also said. It'd be naturally apparent to anyone with more than a few brain cells that it takes more than playing with a frisbee once to expertly throw a Vibranium shield with so much strength and calculated prowess.

"Svante," Sasha growled in a whisper.

"Your excuse wasn't that good either," he whispered back, balefully.

"Ouch," a voice said comically, sounding relatively unhurt.

"Reveal yourself," Sasha commanded, returning her attention to the matter at hand and raising her knife into a defensive stance.

"I suppose we ought to."

A pair of men stepped out of the unnaturally thick shadows, both of them wearing dark cloaks.

The person standing on the left dropped his cloak to reveal himself as an old man with obsidian-dark skin and eyes of pure darkness, clad in a loose-fitting dark uniform. Around his chest, there were various straps filled across with throwing knives, a few daggers, and misshapen lumps of yellow crystal that radiated unholy power. As he smiled, a Caste Mark flared into existence around his forehead - a disk of pure black, so dark it hurt to look at, as if the darkness was more than a mere absence of light, but its existential antipode - anti-sunlight.

The person on the right did the same, revealing himself to be a youthful and stoic, pale-faced man with short dark hair. In contrast to his partner, he wore a suit of tight-fitting articulated plate armor, as black as his companion's skin and yet shimmering oddly in the light. Anyone with mystical senses would be able to discern the truth - its surface writhed with the stolen power of dead souls, poor tormented ghosts who'd been forcefully hammered into the shape of Soulsteel. Much the same applied to the cold, dark chains wrapped around his forearms, each link imprisoning a tortured spirit of a dead human. His Caste Mark was an empty wheel of matte black encircled by red; like blood circling rot.

"I suppose we might as well introduce ourselves. I am Masterful Staff," said the grinning man on the left. "I am an Infernal Exalt, Prince of the Green Sun, of the Fiend Caste - and proud servant and favored Chosen of the Ebon Dragon."

His partner decided to join the introduction, "I am Artisan of Blood in Seven Shades, Abyssal Exalt, Day Caste, and I can't believe you shit-talked the Mask of Winters in front of me."

"To be fair," Sasha replied, wincing, "I didn't know you were there. Svante, drop your Resplendent Destiny."

"Already done," Svante said, setting down into a martial arts form. "We'll apologize to the Pattern Spiders if we survive, I guess."

"I'm Sasha, Chosen of Journeys, but you probably knew that much already."

"I'm Svante. Yo."

"I suggest you stay out of this battle. It's a conflict between Yu-Shan and Malfeas, and none of your business," Masterful Staff said to the assembled group, as he reached to his belt and tossed down the misshapen yellow crystals - Yasal Crystals - onto the floor. All of them glowed with a pale light. "I unbind you from your crystals, Blood Apes." Above each crystal, a demon appeared, each one resembling a hulking ape with dull red fur and horny bone protrusions along their back and on the crests of their head.

Screenshot-1.png

Masterful Staff instructed his follower, "Artisan, you handle the Chosen of Journeys. The boy is trained in the Violet Bier of Sorrows Style, so I'll kill him. And the rest of you, help us, and if it appears like the otherworlders, or Raksha, or whatever they are, plan to interfere, kill them. You can feast on anyone you defeat, but leave some flesh and blood for the Defilers to analyze."

As Svante commanded his Essence to rise, an imperceptible halo of violet energy floated around him, the Sign of Saturn unfolding on his forehead in a burst of shining radiance. As he moved his fists, they each left behind a crimson trail in their wake, as if holding the promises of blood yet unspilled. He was no longer a cheerful youth and traveler, but a Sidereal Exalt, and the Chosen of Endings.

"Blade of the Battle Maiden!"

In a burst of motion, Svante moved forward - Staff attempted to repel him, tossing out a flurry of knives, but Svante used his naked hands to parry them with flyswatter indolence, the roiling crimson nimbus covering his fists protecting them from developing even a scratch.

As the first Blood Ape came into range, Svante ducked low to avoid its ferocious hammer blow, then struck at the side of its chest with a thrusting motion, fist piercing yielding flesh to cause an eruption of blood and bone from the Blood Ape's back. The demon slumped over in death, as the rest of the Blood Apes reassessed their opponent and growled, attempting to surround him to the best of their ability.

At the same time, Sasha moved forward in a similar burst of speed as Svante, the air shimmering around her with the pale yellow radiance of the Maiden of Journeys, as she dodged and weaved between the Blood Apes, effortlessly evaded the Soulsteel Chains of Artisan, and sought a path to her target. It seemed, however, like the Blood Apes were closing in on her as well, reducing the distance that she could dodge to with each swipe of their hands.

@Noble Scion @littlekreen @Epiphany. @Wiggin @The Wanderer @Wade Von Doom @Valkan @LenxKaitoYaoi

Author's Note: Ordinarily, Exalted who conduct battle don't have to yell out the names of their Charms like Naruto characters. This is done largely for your own benefit because this universe (partially) runs on the Rule of Cool as one of its core laws of physics. If it barely makes sense, but it's badass, it can happen - feel free to apply this yourself by doing absolutely ridiculous bullshit, like picking up a rusted pipe lying nearby and using it to briefly ward off rapid attacks with a sword, before thrusting into the open, screaming mouth of the assailant to shut him up.

Bem

A matter of moments after the new duo met with her gracious and giving masters, they revealed themselves to be... *more cultivators*, and young masters from what she could tell.

At this point she wasn't sure if some god above was toying with her or not, would they end her life? They had come not from the mysterious magical box, would her gracious ones protect her? Yet her immediate terror was met with an immediate answer as they seemed to jump to fight another two that had appeared out of thin air.

The new duo summoned a small army to attack Bem and her charges, and her role as bodyguard was put to immediate use, a chance to prove herself

Bem span her spear before slamming it into the ground as she began channeling energy throughout herself, using it as a pole vault to launch herself forward with remarkable speed above the duo of the apes swinging at Sasha, thankful for her luck in being a cultivator. The boons given to her by the small pink thing and the cultivators already being put to use.

With a twirl, she angled the blade of her spear for the first beast's neck, hitting it's mark and pushing deep inside, yet her momentum carried her ever forward and rammed the second with the first's corpse as she landed atop it.

Ripping the weapon out, she thrust into the head of the second with enough strength to pierce the skull, gleaming with crimson triumph before aiming for the next target, and once again leaping above the fight, pride practically emanating from the bee as she felt a breakthrough into the next level of initiate.

Sekiro, the One-Armed Wolf

It had come suddenly, quicker than even the lightning strikes of his duel with the Sword Saint. A flash of light blinding his vision with green, far more jarring than the comforting blue of the Sculptor's Idols and their own form of travel. In less time than it took the shinobi to blink he was falling under a sunlit sky, far from the stormy night above just before.

Such a drastic shift of landscape, however unbelievable was not outside of his ability to handle. Spinning his body to face the ground, he beheld a marvel of civilization more grand and vast than any he had witnessed in his lifetime, outstripping Ashina castle and even the once divine Fountainhead in beauty. Unfortunately, the great city was also rapidly growing closer and though a fall from such a height could potentially be survivable even without his Lord's gift, that depended heavily upon where he landed.

Straining his vision to find a suitable location to direct his fall, Wolf beheld a most unexpected sight. Apes, several of them in fact, were engaged in combat with the locals. Whether civilians or perhaps the local militia, it mattered not. Apes were frustrating beasts, one of the more frequent animals obstructing his path and annoyingly persistent. Though he would not admit so to even his Lord, the Wolf would enjoy this kill, just a little.

With moments left to correct his course and a clear target in sight, he swung the Shinobi Prosthetic's grappling hook out to catch on a titanic piece of architecture and redirected his momentum towards one of the creatures. On impact, Kusabimaru struck deep into it's flesh, piercing through and cracking the earth below with a shockwave of gathered force. The wretched thing would almost certainly not be getting up again after that.

His eyes flickered down as the dust settled for only a moment, just to be sure. The Guardian Ape of the Bodhisattva Valley hadn't much cared about decapitation, or the subsequent execution at twisting spear-point through the open neck cavity when it got back up. Thankfully it appeared once again to be a unique trait shared by a blessed none of it's fellows.

Smoothly transitioning to a ninjutsu technique from the deathblow, Wolf drew out the creature's blood in the form of a red sheathe around his sword. With a lengthened edge further empowered by the creature's own life essence, the blade was ready to strike down the rest of the fell being's kind.

And so battle was joined.
Nero Sparda
Fighting some Apes

Nero was happy that Bem had accepted his gift, but was surprised when she swallowed it whole by taking the ball of hardened sugar off the stick. Causing Nero to shrug, turning to Moire as well before the shitshow started. Seemed decent enough, some folks had umbrage with a pair of kids and Nero being the man he was. Had umbrage with that.

And they went and summoned what seemed like Demon Apes, and while the others were in the midst of dealing with their respective ape, but Nero took Red Queen out, stabbing into the ground and revving the hilt. Causing the blade to glow red as fire, before Nero yanked it out of the ground and charged the ape that got too close to him, slashing upwards and letting the red hot blade slice through the upper chest of the ape before Nero spun around to suddenly blow the thing's head off with Blue Rose. The duel bullets easily eviscerating the skull into a gory mess. He decided to help one of the others by stunning a ape with his Devil Breaker, the electricity sending an ape into the path of Ryan to so easily part the beast in twain if he so desired.

This party's gettin' crazy.

@LenxKaitoYaoi @Epiphany. @Noble Scion @Wiggin @Valkan @Birdsie @Hero @littlekreen @Wade Von Doom

Luer looked to Ryan at his words, how brows creasing in concern. Oh no, not already. That grin did not bode well. "Ryan do not-!" He already knew the dragon would ignore him though, giving a small whine as he was left to steady himself again using the frame of the TARDIS and watch the fight unfolding in front of him. What the hell was even going on right now?? He saw these ape creatures Ryan went about absolutely destroying, and a few others as well, the two children and black robed men fighting… what was he even to do?

He was still dizzy and nauseous, but he had to do something. He just… did not want to help the wrong people either. Jumping into a fight that they knew nothing about was a very bad idea. Still, he was left with no choice. "Dammit all…" So he took his bow and an arrow. There was one option he had right now regardless, help his friends. He took aim and a deep breath to try settling the disorientation before letting his shot go, his arrow sailing towards the ape rushing at Ryan from the kid that shot it with some sort of electrical attack.

As soon as it became clear the outsiders were planning on getting involved, Staff and Artisan decided to stand back and let the Blood Apes tire out their opposition. It was a common tactic utilized against supernatural foes in warfare; a stratagem often utilized by the Wyld Hunt. An Exalt's supernatural prowess came from their Essence - if you throw a band of mortals skilled enough to not die instantly at them, force them to spend down their fuel to the last mote, they'll emerge from the carnage as no better than the mortals they slew - unable to call on Essence.

And then, still brimming with vigor, you can step in and lop their head off.

However, this didn't seem to be happening with these strange people - whom Staff had originally assumed to be Raksha, but was now realizing may well be far beyond such a meager existential status. He was playing around with one of his throwing knives and watching the Blood Apes fall apart, from an organized platoon of superhuman demons into a whimsical theatre of bloodshed; hacked apart, stabbed like pincushions, or simply bludgeoned through like so many eggs to crack.

None of them were dead or hurt, of course - aside from injured pride, maybe. A demon couldn't be killed with mere brute strength and a good blade hand, albeit their material bodies could be rendered into an inoperable state. However, it'd likely take a while for the Blood Apes to regather sufficient Essence to properly materialize themselves once more. It was saddening - so much for the main fighters of the Reclamation.

I should have taken some Tomescu with me instead.

"Artist, we're outnumbered. It seems like these mysterious arrivals decided to take the side of the Viziers," said Masterful Staff.

His were eyes pinned mostly on the Sidereals, and on Ryan, whom he observed with a kind of scrutinizing curiosity, an occasional flash of green light showing within his irises.

"Yes, I can see that. Your stupid demons are dying," replied his partner-in-sin. "We need to retreat. It's too many foes to fight at once, even between the two of us."

"You're right - the Black Helms will be here any second."

"I don't think so!" As both men half-turned to observe, they saw the female Sidereal had manifested a blade of yellow Essence in her hand.

As she tossed it in Staff's direction, she was pulled in its aftermath, sailing past the Blood Apes at blinding speed - a vengeful human star of yellow starlight dragged in the wake of a comet - using the group's wanton slaughter of the demons to her advantage in clearing a path. Her Starmetal knife was ready to thrust into the enemy's heart.

In response, Masterful Staff's body swelled in size - muscles bulging out to reveal ancient strength hidden beneath his tunic. His left hand raised up as a closed fist, blazing with a sudden whirl of green runes. He sidestepped Sasha's thrown knife with one, fluid motion, and then parried her stabbing attempt with another, gritting his teeth.

Before Artisan could aid him against the girl, Svante finally butchered his way past the last of the Blood Apes and unleashed a flurry of blindingly fast blows on the Abyssal, forcing him to grasp one of his chains and hold it taut as an impromptu shield. As they exchanged blows; moving in a rapid mess of footsteps and hops, it was becoming clear that Svante held the clear advantage despite being much younger than his foe.

There was a moment - a pause - in the fight between Svante and Artisan, and the latter seized the opportunity, speaking, lacing his words with darkness, "Do you really think your sister loves you? She's a slave to Heaven, and she is raising you to be the same. A mighty weapon indeed, but a blind one. We are pawns, you and me - but at least I am one who knows his destiny, and how ironic is that? You will die for the ideals of your elders. A child soldier fighting in a war vastly beyond your reckoning."

"Shut up! I know you're lying!" Svante didn't fall for it, striking again with his fist, but it seemed like his will to fight had eroded slightly.

By the time that Svante had launched his counter-attack, most of the Blood Apes had been successfully vanquished. Now, the question was which Sidereal to aid in their fight, and how to properly engage.

@Noble Scion @littlekreen @Epiphany. @Wiggin @The Wanderer @Wade Von Doom @Valkan @LenxKaitoYaoi @Hero

- Sivraks, Housebane - Still in the TARDIS -

In spite of the commotion going on just outside of The Doctor's curious machine, Sivraks hadn't noticed it for a while, so enamoured he was with exploring the TARDIS, discovering that it had even more rooms than just the massive control center, which was already a place clearly designed for multiple people to pilot the time machine yet The Doctor seemed to manage by himself just fine. Although with all of the technological wonder that surrounded him, Sivraks was particularly bewildered by the presence of a body of water within one of the many rooms he explored, evidently a swimming pool of old Earth origin and looking quite out of place indeed.

At this point however, Sivraks felt he was overextending himself and overstaying his welcome. Cursing his morbid curiosity, he would make his way back to the control room, only to see that several people had left the TARDIS, while Nero and the "Spartan", were chatting with an...insectoid?

Slowly, Sivraks would trudge over toward the three in conversation, only for Nero to also jump out and into the fray. The fray Sivraks' had clearly missed out on for the most part. Lowering himself, the Eliksni would slip out of the TARDIS doors very carefully, rising to his full height as he looked out into another strange new world. "That this is not the first time today I've had this feeling only concerns me all the more..." Sivraks said aloud to himself regarding his feeling of wonder and confusion at seeing his surroundings, paying almost no heed to the battle ahead of him.

Bem

Bem was proud of herself. She had successfully defended her new companions from the threat with their assistance against these unfamiliar foes. Their abilities assured to her that they were indeed cultivators as they seemed to throw flames from their hands and caused blades to glow with ominous energy. It was a little frightening if she had to be honest, but they were on her side, and for that she was thankful.

Perhaps she'd ask them to teach her later, though maybe not.. Overstepping was the last thing she wanted to do.

Though now that it was just the source of the apes left, with the two people that had been lying to them a matter of moments ago, she was wondering why they were even fighting in the first place. Maybe it was dishonorable to interrupt a fight between cultivators? Though that might just have been her fear talking.

So she stopped, and watched as the male one seemed to having some issues with the words his opponent was saying, and the female one just began their assault. Sidling backwards slowly and shuffling into the wall, trying to make her small self smaller. "This humble and subservient one thinks we should.. Get to safety." she mumbled quietly, wanting to voice her thoughts, yet not wanting to potentially start a debate that could potentially result in violence.

While these humans seemed friendly enough, she was still struggling with worries that they were temperamental and prone to mass destruction like she'd been told.

Nero Sparda
Joining in on another fight

As his latest move was used in earnest by the others, Nero was somewhat disappointed in how quick the fight had been ended, the group now observing a fight between the kid and the now giant muscle man trying to hit each other. The grown-up spouting some words that made the kid yell back in denial and so on.

He heard the others speak and as much as Nero would love to not get involved, they kinda did get involved just by fighting those apes, and as such there was no 'We're done now.' They gotta see this fight to the end.

So, flipping his coat open to grab a fresh speed-loader for Blue Rose, Nero loaded his gun and aimed it at the giant muscle man. "So, what's the game plan for this, because I'm just gonna just run in." He said to others as he tried to get a solid bead on the man that wouldn't risk Nero shooting the unintended target. Eventually getting a proper opportunity, the demon hunter would fire off two bullets towards the big guy and regardless of if it hit or not, Nero would be jumping in for an overhead slash with Red Queen. The blade glowing hot as Nero brought it down upon the big guy in hopes of dealing some damage.

@Noble Scion @littlekreen @Epiphany. @Wiggin @Wade Von Doom @Valkan @LenxKaitoYaoi @Hero @Birdsie

Chalcedony - Character Sheet

Duly occupied with a great many things relying on the Spartan to keep them both safe left Chalcedony with other duties. Such as noticing the magical framework was destabilizing. Thereupon had to puzzle out what was wrong without the good grace of anyone leaving a manual lying about. If there was anything amid the fires of mass magical destruction she had an inkling they suffered the environment a lot less than a native to more chaotic locales waded through the rigid logic. There were classes and structs of some other metaphysical creature littered about metaphysical proximity at times that didn't seem to belong to standing effects. At least that's what made sense of the rigid instructions she found along torn holes or frayed strands in the flow of foreign magics. While they informed a bit on how things were supposed to connect she really needed some documentation.

While she had a rather limited range at least the rather large spartan made an efficient filter for errors passing by. So like any cogent interface layer for a magical interlocutor did her best to port adapters for foreign magic around scraps of fraying logic so that what she figured were some sort of ley tethers would not tear. There were a few barely lucent tiny polytopes sprouting in corners along surfaces as she tried to make paracausal sandboxes around loose scraps of spent or active magic rolling off the nearby crew. One layer to encapsulate with another for the barest bits and bobs of a causal interface she understood so far so the inside couldn't connect where it wasn't supposed to. Little floating cysts around epithets toward the reality that hopefully would catch and degrade them before they could set more processes on fire.

Another tiny sandbox, this more of a message in a bottle, hurled away in a tiny box near the least damaged strings of paragraphs though her diction in local magical parlance had improved, "There's a rigid construct here, so is there a root? Something maintains the structure and I'm doing my best but it's rather unstable here right now. Help? Did anyone see my last message? I'm porting as best I can but I could do with a manual. I've attached my chain of arcane marks to the end of this message I should be able to see it among the... ah.. minor conflagration? ~Akatosh.Mundus.Unknown Spriggan.Aelennenod Macsoric.Chalcedony"

Though she couldn't see very far into the dense layers of active instruction hoped she didn't hit any other intact metaphysical creatures given the parts that were strewn about.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Epiphany and Hero
Dusk

It didn't take long for the strange beasts to fall. The children seemed to make quick work of them, and everyone else pitched in to help. All that was left now was the two strange men who had attacked originally. One of the children surged forward towards one of them and started about. The two eventually came to a point where their blades clashed together. Dusk listened intently to their little conversation, the darker one of the two mentioned that the lighter one was a weapon of some sort and that the kid could not escape it. It sounded all too familiar, and it caused a flush of hot-red anger to flair into Dusk's body. He gripped his sword with a tense hold and proceeded to unsheathe it, joining Nero in his attack.

4hsr.gif

The buildings behind them all erupted into a ball of fire, the blast powerful enough to sent everyone flying several feet away from the power of the shockwave. Those closest to the explosion would be made into charred remains. Several more would go off across the capital, with a radius of several kilometers that would be felt across the whole city, like an artillery barrage had formed out of nowhere. One by one, a domino effect of explosions would rock the city, as fire flew off from the rising mushroom clouds to the grounds below, setting the buildings on fire, along with debris raining from all directions. Dust and smoke fogged the streets once they stopped minutes later, as the screams of the injured and panicked echoed all around them.

The siblings would be separated by this, flung away from each other by the blast. She would barely be able to see her brother. Something would attract her attention though; a red line shining right behind her. When she turned to see it, she would be confronted by a being several feet taller than her, with metal wings stretched out across its back, and looking down upon her with an expressionless face.

565a26d54bffcd25dd4377d8e9119d83.jpg

Before she could react, it would reach out to her face in the blink of an eye, gripping her cheek tightly as its red light blinded her and burned into her brain a command,

'Obey'

Then, they both vanished. Washing away with the wind of the dust and smoke like they had both turned to ash. When it all settled enough to see, they were left with ruins.​

• OMG
Reactions: Epiphany
The Infernal and Abyssal Exalted known as Masterful Staff and Artisan of Blood managed to, respectively, dodge and block the explosion that consumed half the city block. As the dust began to settle, however, they decided it'd be more prudent to escape - one of the Sidereals they decided to attack was dealt with, and the both of them were running low on stamina and essence. Also, there were a number of new and unpredictable factors on the board; an unknown circle of strange people, and what seemed to be a humanoid Alchemical war-machine causing explosions.

As such, the former melded with the shadows in order to flee as far as he could, while the latter collapsed into a pale wraith visage and faded into the world itself, having dematerialized much like a spirit.

As the heroes scrambled to recover their bearings following the explosion, Svante channeled a mote of his essence to stand faster than anyone, and used the Avoidance Kata, disappearing from the situation and everyone's memory alike - the fate of the world rewritten and convinced to make it so he'd never been there in the first place, in spite of the paradox of the events involving him occurring. All would forget him, save for Dusk, who was in a sufficiently wakened state that his unnatural origin allowed him to partially resist the effects.

A number of city watchmen in black helmets flooded into the alleyway. They were under the imperious lead of a confident but infuriated man in scarlet and orange-red jade armor, a small aurora of tempestuous flame whirling about his limbs and torso.

"Halt," he said, "You are placed under arre-"

And then he noticed Ryan. As soon as he noticed the presence of Ryan, the man wrapped in the fiery aura went very still and very silent, and once the watchmen at his side noticed the source of his perturbation, so did they, as in front of them stood a Dragonblood of exceptional purity.

As slow as a fireplace losing its warmth over the course of a night, but accelerated, the man's aura was suppressed.

"Milord," the man spoke cautiously, to Ryan, "I-"

He stopped himself with something in between a flinch and a deep cringe, once more hesitant to say anything, almost as if wincing at his own stupidity or some perceived misstep.

And then, he knelt, and lowered himself, until he was almost prostrated on the ash-covered ground. "My Lord- No, I'm sorry, Y-Your Worship, this humble Cathak Garel Alo, most plebeian and foolish descendant of the Scarlet Empress, reverentially, from the depths of his heart, begs for your pardon for what must have been a most terrible misunderstanding. Your Worship, I- please, spare me- I am but a young Dragon, with a dream in his heart, but little knowledge of sophistry. I have acted brashly and with too much zeal and confidence in my own function. I- I beg you to overlook my stupidity with indulgence and consign this event to oblivion if it so pleases you. At least, I humbly beg of you to spare the watchmen, for they were merely following under my lead."

At various points, early into the self-proclaimed Dragon's impassioned speech, the watchmen also prostrated themselves. And once people standing on the street outside noticed the commotion, most of them reacted with gasps, and then a chain of prostrations that seemed to be beginning a domino wave of people prostrating themselves around the block that had, only moments ago, exploded.

• Sweet
Reactions: Hero and Epiphany
Ryan Morganyag

Seeing yet another red ape flying his way, Ryan smiled at the mechanical arm guy, a small token of his appreciation for more things to fight. Not that these apes gave much battle to begin with, but it's the thought that counts. He firmly planted his foot onto the back of the ape, and a torrent of flame pierced through it. Ryan then set his sights on what could be an actually interesting fight: The two leaders of the apes. That said, too many people rushed on at once, making room for him to strike difficult. He took a breath and took an unsheathing stance, as he had rematerialized said sheath and simply prepared for an opening.

Said opening never came. A huge blast set off in front of him. He did his best to keep his footing with some countering blasts of his own behind him. The clouds of dust and the debris made it difficult to get ahold of his surroundings. Giving the dust time to settle, Ryan found that the two opponents were gone, so was the girl and... Just what happened to those three...

As he was pondering on what might have happened there, things just kept on going downhill. The local authorities seemed to have taken them for the perpetrators. Ryan turned to face who seemed to be their leader, a fellow fire user, quite an angry one. Being one of the few who never fell, Ryan tried to buy time for his fellow crewmates. He slowly walked over to the flaming officer slowly, with his hands held to his sides, not wanting to make any sudden moves "Hold on, sir?"

The answer he got was quite unexpected. Milord? The man seemed to have deeply regretted that choice of words, as he physically recoiled. And it only got weirder. Everyone started prostrating before him, and Ryan's expression filled with absolute confusion. "What..." he said, as he tried to look for an answer in his partners. But how would they know? They're all new here. So, a bit overwhelmed by everyone prostrated around him, he rushed to act. Dismissing his sheathed weapon in a controlled burst of flame. And slowly finished his walk to the fiery officer "There is... There is no need for an apology. We may not have caused it, but I understand that the ones responsible most likely fled and now only us remain" He tried to console the man as he slowly tried kneeling next to him, seeing if whatever reason that caused them to prostrate would also force them to do worse if he tried to get on their level. In which case, he would stop kneeling and stay on his feet. Ryan cleared his throat before continuing "Now then, is everyone else safe? I could make out more explosions, is that being taken care of?" Ryan was at a loss. Should he offer help? Should he tell them to stand up? What is going on with him?

With his attack failing to help much, Luer was ready to fire off another, but it mattered little when everything suddenly blew up. He gasped, covering his ears for a moment and holding onto the TARDIS. When it settled down he moved, concerned since he could no longer see Ryan in the dust. "Ryan!?" He called out, managing to make it over to the dragon relatively easy. He could remember which way Ryan was so long as he had not moved. Which he did, but not far, thankfully.

"Are you okay?" Luer asked in a cough once the dust had settled some and he could see Ryan better, though his attention turned to what seemed to be authorities. He blinked, simply watching the strange scene before him as the authorities apologized to Ryan and knelt before him, all of them. Even people beyond that seemed to come investigating followed suit. He looked to Ryan as he spoke, giving a small nod. Not a bad question. "If anyone is hurt, I can help." He added. It was worth offering, at least. With all those explosions he did not want anyone innocent hurt.

Aelnneond Macsoric - Character Sheet

Chalcedony hid inside of the Spartan just to cringe as the explosions began and anxiously awaited the end fending off the cascade of notifications by closing them all. Though an end didn't come. The spartan jostled a bit though the suit kept away the projectiles from a held position well enough. As dust settled she noticed the local execution seemed to be throwing null exceptions... or was that her? Going through her logs didn't seem to indicate what went wrong... was something missing? A puzzle for later when now populated rather a lot of enforcers.

"Oh dear," Said Chalcedony in the Spartan's helmet as they were accused until a moment later when all the enforcers began to kneel, "Or not?"

The liminal ghost folded back out of the neural jack on the Spartan's suit though held the connection to the Spartan open. Essence was particularly charged here with a powerful opinion that it needed somewhere to go and she couldn't directly employ it. There was work enough to do managing all the new manifolds in this reality. Thus that faint essence chain connecting her to the Spartan flipped to Ryan as she approached closer to him instead. The area seemed festooned with intersections of angular essence gradients though manifolds near ones she observed seemed to be like those Skyrim standing stones. Unintelligent etheric mechanisms that required attunement. Well, as a fireplaceanchor with their own opinions and a central processing that seemed rather content to ignore her she could at least handle the attunement herself.

Internal colors change as Chalcedony busily flips through local elemental affinities to see which one was strongest here though she quipped to Ryan,"Congratulations on being promoted to cult leader! I hear it has many benefits."

The small floating ghost sank toward the ground more in the law enforcer's view, "Speaking of, maybe they've heard of where our dragonborn without the hyphen has gone off to? As long as they're down there being helpful I feel obligated to prioritize getting him back."

• OMG
Reactions: Epiphany
Chief Petty Officer Moire B-220

@littlekreen
"What the...!?!"

The sight of Chalcedony in her HUD caused the Chief Petty Officer to actually flinch back, something the taciturn, controlled woman had probably never done before. "How are you...how are you in my neural lace? Did you come in from my-" But her gloved hand patted the Neural Interface slot in the back of her Mjolnir armor and found nothing there. Sheer incredulity wrote itself across the pale redhead's face.

Then giant red apes took up her attention. With her rifle already slung back, Moire snatched up her Sangheili Energy Sword and toggled it on with a clench of one armored fist. The blade of superheated plasma ignited, sputtered and then abruptly flamed incandescently as the furious vortex of energy fought to stabilize in the wake of the Fate written by a foreign power in a foreign realm.

Not trusting her own weapon, Moire reacted to a charging demon by launching herself forward and drop-kicking it right in the face.

Half a ton of Spartan-enhanced muscle broke the monster's face in and sent it flying into the side of alley. Moire landed on a knee and a hand before lifting her Energy Sword which had apparently settled on being a spectacular sunlit image of a sword complete with what seemed like hand-traced outlines that provided definition and containment for the pure sunfire within. She waved it back and forth and the wake of it made the air itself weep hymns of praise to the Unconquered Sun.

"Is that Covenant work?" she muttered to herself. "Sounds kind of like Covenant work."

@Noble Scion
Bem's suggestion of the lot of them getting to safety seemed wise advice, given the unexpected carnage wrought over the alley. The enigmatic people of this world clearly had unpredictable powers. "Good idea," she choed. "Everyone, fall back to the TAR-"

@Wade Von Doom @Birdsie
Then the world exploded. Hell of a hit if it was enough to lift her off the ground but off the ground she went, thrown into the side of the alley...and then through. A teahouse evidently lay on the other side of that wall and she took out 72 flawless porcelain works of art, twelve of which were older than humanity's space flight program. Moire rolled as she crashed onto, and through, a table. Her armored body blew through the outer wall on the other side, spilling her out into the far street.

Hundreds of people, merchants, peasants, nobles and soldiers, scarcely noticed the spectacular arrival of the armored Spartan. All their attention was on the huge billowing smoke ascending into the sky.

Rising to her feet yet again, Moire was nonplussed by a dozen black helmed soldiers lifting utterly oversized stone swords and spears in her direction. "You are in violation of Ordinance 137.17 of her Empress' Proclamation of Public Order. Dismiss your Charm and surrender or we will use force."

Moire couldn't tell exactly what they were looking at but she toggled off her flaming sunlit sword of sunlight or whatever the hell it was now. Thankfully, it went back to being the curved hilt of the blade projector, which she promptly fastened back to her armor. "I don't know who you people are but there's people in danger back there. You can point those weapons at me and do nothing or you can come with me and help save some lives. What will it be?"

Cooperating with local authorities was all part of the Book but no Spartan surrendered or disarmed. Not when unknown hostiles were still in play, not when she still had lives to protect.

Bem

Being a cultivator, albeit a weak one, Bem had a very limited sense of energy and its flows, which meant she felt a disturbance in front of her as a substantial amount of qi seemed to rush into a single spot in front of the group.

The bee barely managed to get out a "BAC-" before the alleyway seemed to erupt in debris, launching the light-weight Bem flying into the air, sailing over everyone else in the alleyway, her wings already unfurling off her back as she'd begin buzzing her way up, transferring the speed into height.

Tumbling through the smoke-filled air, she'd just about wrangle control of herself and land herself high up on one of the walls, her claws hooking into cracks in the stonework as she'd take in what had happened.

A giant knight, this one very clearly unfriendly, would grab her attention first, though thankfully it seemed to only have eyes for the newcomer woman, who seemed to disappear into thin air, along with.. The other one? Had there been another one? She couldn't remember really, instead focusing on the hoard of.. yet more knights, though these ones seemed to be very humbled by the sight of one of her nice new friends, making them allies too in her eyes.

The two enemies seemed to have also gotten away, but really she was glad the fighting was over. She had a lot of training to do until fights like that were something she could handle, that and she still had to get her bearing after all that had happened.

Crawling her way down head-first on all-sixes, she'd find purchase on the ground once more, dropping herself next to Ryan.

"Bem's fine!" Bem would bumble with a delighted giggle, happy to be among such strong companions.

Last edited: