The Dragon Hunters.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Simon Cigtsean or Dr. Cigs

Appearance:image.jpg

Personality: Dr. Cigs is a gentlemanly, knowledgable sort. He rarely asks for things beyond the necessities and to keep still when he's removing your shrapnel ridden arm. He treats those above and below him with equal respect, although ladies are a bit higher on the list. He has a serious smoking problem however that can break dangerously into his work. When deprived of tobacco for too long he can become short tempered and violent.

Job: Ship's Doctor
Previous experience: Has been treating wounds in Apollo's Rest since he was ten.

Bio: Doctor Simon Cigsean was born and raised in Apollo's Rest from a medical bloodline, profitable in a place where your lucky to come back from work with your life. His parents would allow him to aid them with patients at a very young age, eager for him to have a future worthy of the Cigstean name. He graduated medical school with flying colors and for four years owned his own one-man hospital. Of course not all of his costumers were of the savory kind, including a man who threatened his life to make him a new leg. Cigs, in fear of the replacement leg being drawn back to him at the man's capture, packed his things and set off for the quickest way out of Apollo's Rest, conveniently being selling his services to the crew of the DHV Beowulf.

Luggage:
A suitcase of medical equipment, including parts for robotic limb replacements.
A large sack of different medicines, mainly consisting of anesthetic with one small vile of poison.
His gold rimmed spectacles.
A single revolver kept hidden in his coat.
His wicker pipe along with a large bag of tobacco.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Duwang Chew

Mycroft

"Don't touch that. Nor that. Definitely not that. Look, just sit your restless arse somewhere nice and easy, and let me get us out of this alive in peace, why don't you."

latest

Name:
Mycroft Magdalene

Appearance:
Coming from the city-state of Berenike to the south-west, Mycroft is usually at least one head taller than other people around the same age as him. The last time he checked, he was at a cozy 6 feet and 1 inch tall. It isn't all good, however, and he finds that smaller spaces tend to get stuffy faster. One particular close shave with a mass of powdered cryocite managed to turn his hair and eyes blue, which while definitely mysterious, he thinks makes him much more of a looker. The gloves he wears on both his hands almost all the time hide a secret.

Personality:
Usually, Mycroft "My Craft" Magdalene is one of, if not the nicest and friendliest bozo you'd be meeting on a dragon-hunting vehicle otherwise full of briny air-dogs. It can be to the point that whenever you needed anything, he'd probably come to you first, even if he kept his cool and all. But, if you suddenly find that he's developed one hell of a cold, sarcastic streak, there are two possible reasons; A) he either likes you in that special sort of way (wink wink) and currently has no idea how to act around you, or B) you're sitting, standing, or hanging on for dear old life aboard his personal fighter, the Trimming Flag. If he weren't such a skirt-chaser at times, you'd be convinced he was sleeping with that flying machine of his. Even then, he treats it like a queen, and one surefire way to get him to personally serve you his special "Mycroft Middle" punch is for you to smear any part of it by touching it with those grimy fingers of yours.

Even if you happened to be a dragon or any other similar beast of fantastic nature. Especially if you happened to be a dragon or any other similar beast of fantastic nature. He will personally dive bomb and feed you lead so far down your throat that your unborn young will be filled with holes by the time he's done. Mycroft may be a silly person at times, but should you happen to notice any damage be done to his plane as you're fighting the dragon alongside him, it is advised to get out of the scene as quickly as possible. Either quickly prepare to harvest the dragon or go through the necessary steps to retrieve the wreckage of the plane later.

Thankfully, the way he flies tends to be safely far away from the mark. Unless push comes to shove, the ace pilot's modus operandi is as follows; 1) Hit with guns 2) Skillfully zip around and away 3) Rinse and repeat until it dies. As you can see, this ensures the Trimming Flag stays as far away from dragons' breath radius as possible. Unfortunately for Mycroft, lightning-attributed dragons often exhibit unpredictable attacks at monumentally greater ranges than any other of its kin, earning them a spot as his least favorite of the mythical beasts.

"My craft, my rules," the pilot can be seen repeating to the newer members of any one crew he belongs to at the moment. Nobody has yet figured out why he's so fiercely protective of his plane to the point of appearing like another person altogether, but people have been saying things. Apparently, he acts differently altogether when it comes to specially close friends, or people who happen to come from his past. There are rumors that a certain chubby baby once threw up on one of the wings, and afterwards Mycroft laughed it off with the mother like it was nothing! Because of this, people have been saying that he isn't actually as easy to approach as he looks, and is probably hiding a lot of things. The truth is out there, but you'll have to find it out yourselves if, by chance, you happened to end up on the same vessel as him.

Oh, yeah, one last thing. One of the smaller tabloids in Apollo's Rest did a short, casual questionnaire on some dragon hunters who were in port recently. It isn't only the answer they managed to get out of him that was interesting, but also a few hints they picked up about his real character while on the deed. Close to the end of the page, the two-bit writing reads; "Can be a bit dismissive of other lifestyles to the point of being accused as a close-minded person. Has a preference for the smart, bookish sort of girls 'with all the answers' - plus marks if she's shy and likes tidiness."

Job/s:
Fighter Pilot
Dragon Hunter
Machinist
Handyman
Just Fighter
(Anything, really)

Previous Experience:
Why, I'll tell you, back inside Berenike, Mycroft used to be an up-and-coming member of the city's respected Machinist's Guild, and he's learned quite a few tricks of the tinkering trade. Generally, he's pretty acute to the workings of anything that needs a motor to function, but Berenike didn't rely on steam force as much as the rest of the world, so he's still learning new things now. That's right, kids! School is cool! Besides taking some time to work part-time in a whole lot of workshops pretty much everywhere - from Idus to Jaberen - whenever he gets the chance to stop by, Mycroft also found a few tutors to really hit the books in between the years. Burning the midnight oil and all, you see.

When it comes to dragon hunting, Mycroft has joined 36 hunts on 7 different vessels, all in around 8 years, and killed 27 dragons, 9 of which he personally took down. Wowie! He never looks for any higher rank than a standard piloting chap because he still think he's a rookie that spends most of his time tearing mechanical thingamajigs apart and then putting them back together again (including the Flag).

Psst... Don't tell this to anyone, especially the enforcers, but Mycroft used to do a bit of smuggling work. He'd pick up contraband and other secret-y stuff by wired instructions and give them to the people as he was told, sometimes whole piles of crystals and magical dragon stuff. I'm not sure if he's still doing it, but he's been staying on the ground and out of the enforcers' radar a lot more lately, phew!

Background:
Eh? His background...? W-Well... I can't really say. I mean, he told me not to say anything, but... He's l-legit, I promise! Like I said, he came from Berenike, a big, walled city to the north-west... Past that... We first met a few years while on a big ship across the sea, me (Cisco, nice to meet you!) and him, and we've been friends ever since! Just a few months ago, he went round the world and was back in Apollo, and wouldn't you know it, we met each other again. I was looking for a new job back then, but I couldn't find any, so I hung around a bit with some postal work. The steam scooters were fun, but I knew I had to do something when the dragons keep coming to bother the folks. All the while, Mycroft was at what he does best, putting his face up close to nuts and bolts and all sorts of crystals sometimes. Then, we heard about the greatest super-captain of all time, and how he's coming to Apollo! I mean, he's the guy that's taken down almost a 100 dragons! That's when I decided I was going to get back in the dragon-fighting business, and that I was going to do that by joining the Beowulf! When he heard my idea, Mycroft decided to come along, because he also thinks the captain is a legendary guy! So that's how we got here!

Luggage:
The Trimming Flag, his personal airplane. It's made out of wood and metal like many other planes right now, but recently Mycroft's stuffed some minted-condition steam-force engines into the thing. But since it's a new piece of revamp, it might still act a bit iffy. Most of the time, though, it works like a charm! It's a bit bigger compared to other fighters, but it can fit two seats. Plus, it gets to have a lot of guns, like, six of them. Two auxiliary ones and four main guns. And he works to keep it spotless, like, after every time he goes out with it. He gets angry and mean when even I try to do something like run around on it!

2506593651FA2B79085C92

Besides that, he's got a few change of clothes and other personal needs and belongings inside a luggage case that he usually carries around by himself, for his living arrangements. They should include his toothbrush, shaver, and stuff like that. Then there's the notes and journals he tends to do, which I think just eats too much out of someone's time. For clothes, he usually brings aboard little, because he likes to bargain for new ones whenever he stops by a place. Last thing, he's got a knife or two and maybe a folding derringer tucked somewhere, because dragon fighting and smuggling in general can be full of nasty folks. So much in fact, that I noticed he even picked up a brand new six-shooter recently.

But that's not all. Mycroft carries around the headset for his radio even when outta the plane, but I can relate to that because it looks cool (and is pretty comfy). Oh wait, he does have his radio with him... But not like, the plane radio. It's the smaller one you hold in one hand and say "over, over" into over and over again. He keeps it inside his square pouch, that can also have nifty things like small crystal marbles made out of cryocite or blastite, and some stimpaks to keep himself together when the going gets particularly tough. In his jacket, he keeps papers of all kinds, some gum and breath mint, a compass, and a collection of tiny tools if he needs something mish-mashed on the spot.

And then there's everything else that he doesn't bring around with him, but that moves around and from ship to port to ship with the Flag instead, like the spare parts he needs, the parts he's tinkering with, tacky experiments with steam, and the bigger, stronk-er tools. He just leaves these things in the hangar or dock, closer to the Flag. Then again, he tends to sleep in the hangar some nights...

"...So..." asked the girl. "...Have you figured it out yet?" Cisco beamed again, at the reader. She looked to Mycroft standing beside her with a smile, his arms crossed.

"...We'll be doing each others' applications. Fancy work, eh?" summed the man then, looking straight at the reader. Quickly, Mycroft leaned in close to the latter and spoke up in a hushed tone when Cisco was occupied looking in another direction. "...She was terrible at it, sure. But don't tell her that."

Cisco

"...Great, big, mighty dragon! I'm sorry, but you've been mean for a really long time, so I'm going to have to take you down! ...Upon the harness of mine steel thus, let thine breath return to the life of the land!"

a2516.jpg

Name:
Cisco Stemwick

Appearance:
Cisco stands at roughly 5' 3", and she's happy about it, because it lets her be as nimble and quick as she needs to be. But she's still going to need someone to get that thing on that especially tall shelf there for her. Moving on, her features are rather naturally attractive, an inkling of her nativity to the snowy steppes of the Rotem peninsula. Her eyes are one of the largest, most expressive pairs you'll meet yet. When she takes off her gauntlets... you'll see. On that matter, try not to stare too much whenever and if ever she takes her scarf off in front of you. You won't offend her, but she can't help but feel awkward when that happens. Other times, the scarf falls just above her ankles. Mind me when I say it's tougher than it looks.

Personality:
As far as personality goes, the defining thing about Cisco is that sometimes, her head looks like it's filled with so much air that it seems like she'll float up and away like a free balloon just yet. Though she likes going around and spreading her joy and smiles everywhere she goes, she's also the sort that doesn't exactly understand when someone just can't smile, even if she'll stay quiet and just accept it for the time being. This isn't good at all; no, but like everyone, she's the sum of her experiences so far. Say whatever you want about that, but the truth is you'll only get to see her for who she really is once you've made the effort to become someone truly special to her.

...Nobody's filled that space yet.

Moving on, Cisco has a bit of a crusade going against the dragons, even though she doesn't, and can't have a grudge against them personally. It has something to do with, and I quote, her "lineage, as one of the ancient hunters of the past"? Because of this, she's spirited, utterly dedicated, and completely fearless when it comes to hunting and killing dragons. On the field, she's quick on her feet and plays fast with her wits despite her usual silliness that borders on being childish. She tends to accept orders from her superiors without hesitating, as long as it brings the mark down in the end. Unfortunately, she also tends to not know when to retreat if the hunt doesn't go as well, but she won't ever forgive herself if something horrible comes out of this. It's just... there seems to be a pull that she experiences when she's face to face with a dragon, almost like something that stirs the blood, in an unnatural way... It's the same reason she took a bit of time away from dragon hunting.

But as fate would have it, John Caine decided to come to Apollo's Rest. Cisco is, despite her age, a total fan girl when it comes to strong, cool and kindly heroes; the sort of man Caine is, even if she knows to carry herself well enough that she doesn't end up squeeing like a mad bird, and melt like a puddle on the floor afterwards. She should really be more careful, though. Her reverence for people of great worth like Caine tend to cloud her ideas of good and evil, and she'd have a hard time accepting if someone she's already told herself a hundred times before ends up different when she finally meets them.

Thankfully, she's pretty much right on the scale when it does come to good and bad, and she doesn't tend to tolerate criminals, and especially harmful people, even if she'll find herself in a bind should they come to be people she knows personally... Ahem. In the end, she has trust in the enforcers and the justice system, and wouldn't allow herself to judge someone's ultimate fate. That doesn't mean she can't beat them up until they can't go anywhere for a bit, though.

To close, she's the funniest sort of person you'd meet on a ship, but she's got the good heart to measure up to that. She doesn't differentiate between people, but she shows respect to, and cares for everyone she meets all the same. Well, maybe not bad guys, but they "deserve it for trying to hurt other people". Even then, she's a big fan of pleasant surprises, so if by chance they turn over a new leaf and become good all of a sudden (like it usually happens in the brand of fiction she enjoys so much), she's more than inclined to give them a new bit of her trust. It's rather telling that the first thing she does whenever she's in a new place is to talk to everyone there. Simply, everyone.

Job/s:
Dragon Hunter
Assistant Cook
Class Clown

Previous Experience:
Previously, she belonged to a group calling themselves the Winsfeld Guardship, an organization that defends a particular city against dragon attacks. She probably still is; she seems to still be talking to the man running the lot, even if she tends to not go back there at all nowadays. You can see their coat of arms on her hat. The group's known for a division of their members being especially skilled in rappelling, climbing and all sorts of rope-work in particular. They'd use to come down the sides of the mountains and anchor themselves onto the dragons, eventually stabbing them out. An acrobatic bunch, and Cisco definitely represents them well. Stronger and tougher than she looks, Cisco's limber and on point with every movement she makes, even as she's by all means in free-fall. She fights other humans just as well, but takes care in areas with less space. From her time in the Guardship, she's learned a bit on how to work harpoons and other dragon-hunting tools.

She's a devout part-timer. What does that mean? Well, it means she's worked all sorts of odd jobs before, like courier work or serving caked dragon meat from a kitchen. Her openness and overall good character certainly helps in being accepted, but word is she's not a very fast learner when it comes to new things. Expect her to stumble once or twice the first few times, but also know that it's worth banking your trust in her. If anything, I say that from personal experience. Do mind, however, that despite her best attempts at keeping in peak physical health, she tends to overwork herself sometimes.

On to dragon hunting, Cisco's a natural. Perhaps following in John Caine's footsteps, she first started the dirty work when she joined the Winsfeld Guardship at 14, and has been fighting dragons for five years, although that includes a few months of downtime while she sorted out a small life in Apollo's Rest. In actually hunting dragons, she's joined up with three different vessels, the first one when she was 16 and a half. Taking down 12 dragons yet, she's managed to personally kill four up until now.

Background:
If there's ever anything she seemed to dislike, it's telling other people the story of her early life in detail. I haven't asked since, but sometimes, I can't help but feel like she's really waiting for someone to ask her that question and push through with it 'til she budges. Whatever it is, it's not pretty.

But for the sake of this, I can lend a bit of information. See, she used to live as part of the old, traditional folks back in the steppes of Rotem, a snowy, picturesque sort of area that was nonetheless still as raw as any wilderness. Growing up as a child here meant Cisco never had too much fat on her, and she always needed to be quick and sharp. She was also the more spiritual sort of girl, as was the nature of her family and her people on a whole.

...On that note, I should mention that she gave off a bit of the idea that her last, and maybe even first, names didn't use to be "Cisco" and "Stemwick". Like I said, I've never asked about it. Not yet, at least. Maybe you get to do that for me, huh?

At any rate, she arrived in this one city... I'm guessing it's Winsfeld, but I'm not too sure, and started to prove herself to its guardians, and then she left for some reason or other. She hunted dragons proper for a few years, until she "couldn't take it" for a while and settle down a bit in Apollo's Rest. Few months back, I met her again, in the middle of the city, whilst I was signing off my last DHV. We've kept in contact ever since, and now, with John Caine in town, she's decided to get back into the fight. And I'm going to follow her.

Luggage:
She's a light traveler most of the time, thankfully. Otherwise, she wouldn't stop bugging me about putting all her things in with mine, just because I pay good for the move.

So, she carries with her all the necessary garments, both for hunting dragons and not. Though, if you ask me, she has a habit of making these two groups overlap. Women and fashion, eh? After that, she's got some special equipment for dragon hunting, like her spear and her gauntlets, which possess special features. Oh, and that hat? She actually has the good mind to take it off before going out to do the actual hunting. When I told her how this was like her paying her respects to the dragon she kills, she actually agreed.

Another thing; Cisco sew up that scarf all by herself, and she also does other things with the needle and thread in her free time, like stuffed animals and hats. If you've got a piece of clothing that needs fixing up, you can go to her. In her luggage, she's got all sorts of sewing tools and materials, plus a few manuals just in case. But onto the main reason I mentioned the scarf; it's another thing she actually brings with her when she's going down on a dragon. Claw would rip through it easy, and flame could turn it into ash quick, but otherwise Cisco made sure to put in a few special steps while making some of her scarves that let them be beneficial whilst dragon-hunting. That one scarf in particular has a "back-bone cord" that makes it especially durable to the point that she could use it as a rope.

Lastly, she enjoys adventure fiction, so expect her to be carrying some books with her.

"...And I think that's everything." Mycroft let out a sigh filled with relief, putting both of his arms on his hips.

"...Wow, Mic. You're just as bad as me!" chimed Cisco happily afterwards.

• Love
Reactions: Crono
Mycroft and Cisco are accepted.

• Thank You
Just looked up Beowulf, turns out its a poem about a dude named Beowulf that killed a sea monster, its mother, and died fighting a dragon. O_o

Can anyone tell my if my post made it to the IC???? I tried posting from my phone and this is my first chance on a computer in a while and I didn't see it and wasn't sure if it's just being weird on my end????

Your post made it.

Oops sorry, I guess I stopped getting notifications, I didn't notice the IC had been made.

Hey, don't worry about me for the next two weeks, I'll be out of town. Just play without me, and have things mysteriously get fixed by getting left in the engine room.

Oh, that would definitely work. We can have a side-episode revolving around the hijinks where Cisco attempts to get everyone else on her ghost-hunting team, to solve the mystery of the Living Engine Room in their free time!

...Either way, it's definitely a dynamic entry for Aaron.

Sorry about the delay, a small bit of writers block and a busy schedule slowed me down.

Spoilers, man.

'Cause I won't be able to post until Thursday or so, honestly. I'm sorry, but do keep going, and I'll just stick the both of them in the proceedings later.

Thank you for all being so understanding, I'm back now. Is there an IC?

Thank you for all being so understanding, I'm back now. Is there an IC?

There's a link towards the top of the page.

so my laptop is riddled with viruses so i have to use my phone for this and i dont know when im getting my laptop fixed or getting it back so im not sure how soon i will be replying, extremely sorry DD:

Status
Not open for further replies.