═════⊹⊱ The Doll of Oak Valley Sanatorium [Original, Fluff, Mystery, Horror?] ⊰⊹═════

Paper Darling

Do you hear the sirens singing?
Original poster
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Now Playing:
the swallowing sea
colossal trailer music
0:01 ❍─────── 1:29
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
6d283ba400baa6c4059d02d5d159ba69.gif

Last Updated: July 30th, 2023​
❦ ════ •⊰ The Doll of Oak Valley Sanatorium ⊱• ════ ❦

In a forgotten corner of the world, where time seemed to stand still, stood the Oak Valley Sanatorium, a place of both sorrow and hope. Here, the walls whispered stories of lost souls seeking solace and troubled minds searching for peace. It was within these haunting halls that (your character), a compassionate soul with a penchant for unravelling mysteries, arrived on a fateful day.
As (your character) stepped through the grand entrance, they were greeted by the hushed voices of nurses, the shuffling of patients, and the faint echo of distant laughter. The young soul had come to the Sanatorium as part of their new job, eager to extend a comforting hand to those grappling with their inner demons.
On their first day, while familiarizing themselves with the labyrinthine corridors, (your character) caught a glimpse of a figure unlike any they had ever seen before. It was Leslie, the enigmatic woman shrouded in an air of intrigue. The sight of her was both arresting and haunting, leaving a lasting impression on (your character)'s mind.
Intrigued by the woman in the doll-like mask, (your character) sought answers from the other workers at the Sanatorium. "Who is she?" they asked, their curiosity evident in their voice. The responses were varied, each laden with myth and hearsay.
"She's been here for as long as I can remember," said one nurse, her eyes filled with compassion. "We don't know much about her past or why she stays, but there's something about her that brings comfort to the young ones."
Another worker chimed in, "The children, especially, seem to be drawn to her. It's like she has a way of reaching into their troubled minds and soothing their fears."

❦ ════ •⊰ ABOUT THE AUTHOR ⊱• ════ ❦
› 26 years old
› cis-female, she/her
› college student, graphic design
› roleplayer since 2010
› love video games, movies, music, art
› sometimes I draw my ocs, and sometimes I use imvu screenshots (yes, I am a pleb)
› i do have some mental health issues. i may disappear, but i will always try to let you know
› sometimes i am forgetful. If you haven't heard from me in a while, don't hesitate to reach out!
› i just wanna have fun. roleplaying is a hobby, and isn't supposed to be stressful

❦ ════ •⊰ RULES ⊱• ════ ❦
◦ no godmodding/powerplay
◦ no one-liners, but quality over quantity (don't ask me to write ~1k words for each post, i'm not here to meet a quota)
◦ be over 21, please. I don't feel comfortable writing with anyone under 21
◦ formatting doesn't matter to me, as long as you use punctuation
◦ lgtbqia+ friendly
◦ I only rp through pm or discord
◦ yes, you may change the reason why your character arrives at the Sanatorium
◦ i would love to hear any idea you may have for this story
◦ Leslie is my character, and therefore I will not allow anyone else to write as her
◦ i have never done horror-themed rps, but I'd love to learn

❦ ════ •⊰ CONTACT ⊱• ════ ❦
Interested? Feel free to send me a message.