CHARP LOGS The Child Empress (Charp Series Logs)

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
childempress.png

THE CHILD EMPRESS

In the beautiful country of Vundergren they host a parade once a year to celebrate the many years of peace between the participating countries of the United Peace Treaty! However, this year's masquerade turned into a bloodbath as a band of raiders disguised as Jesters tried to assassinate Child Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of her name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins... Well, her title is a long mouthful, but she is the only living heir to quite a valuable kingdom.

A small band of heroes managed to escape the city with the Empress safe in hand and have been spending the past few days in a neighboring village hiding out trying to decide what to do next. And their hideout is about to be discovered...


Chapter One: An Attempted Assassination

Chapter Two: Searching for The Child

Chapter Three: The Cave of Mirrors
 

  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE CHILD EMPRESS!


    Today at 12:41 PM


  • Diana:
    This is a traditional high fantasy setting where a group of hodge podge people are trying to protect this lost child empress from the assassins that are hunting her. They need to figure out how to get her back to her people!


    Today at 12:41 PM


  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY! Don't worry about typos, if you're new to this, or if you sometimes get confused. I am in the Main Chat to help answer questions or give direction.


    Today at 12:41 PM


  • Diana:
    IMPORTANT: TYPE FAST, KEEP IT BRIEF. Too much text and people will miss details, and you might miss action if you take too long to post. Under 10 sentences is good!


    Today at 12:41 PM


  • Diana:
    HOT TIP: Write your character's name in the first sentence of every post so who know who is playing who. You can also make use of bbcode color to help differentiate your posts from others.


    Today at 12:42 PM


  • Diana:
    Game Master posts appear in this bright bold yellow. Make sure to pay attention because those are helping guide the story.


    Today at 12:42 PM


  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 12:42 PM

  • Diana:
    In a small village that doesn't even have a name, up in a windowless room in of a worn down old inn an unlikely group of heroes have one small and powerful problem - how to get the child empress back to her people safely and in one peace. In fact, for the few adventurers that managed to escape the city with her, that was the current conversation at hand as the little empress sat in bed playing with a doll.


    Today at 12:58 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Playing across the bed with his own action figure (it's not a doll. DON'T CALL IT A DOLL) was a little boy, no more than for four years old. Despite it not being obvious, he was also a semi-powerful necromncer..... in training. His name was Peter. On his shoulder was what could only be describe as a kind of undead squirrel. " We pway together?" He asked the princess.


    Today at 1:05 PM

  • Diana:
    Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of her name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins... and, at the moment, small lady with a doll, eyed the boy suspiciously. He was quite young and she wasn't sure where he'd come from. The others told her not to talk to unexpected strangers. "Maybe..."


    Today at 1:08 PM

  • Loveless:
    "Well, I think we're lost. Again.", a young swords...woman? Girl?? had muttered seemingly to herself outside, not too far from the hideout, though oblivious about that fact. A voice inside her head made a new suggestion, in a rather mocking and annoyed tone, causing Catherine to scoff and sigh in response, "What do you think I am, a searching dog? I've never met these people how am I supposed to know what they smell like?" The retort had been met with more mumbling, "Oh yes, that is very helpful, mister." and so the pair continued wandering aimlessly and on, delicate speaking terms... Just a normal day for Cathy and Avell.


    Today at 1:09 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling fretted as she checked herself in the mirror. The headdress still wouldn't sit right! Ordinarily she might not have worried so much. But here she was, on what was arguably the most important single mission in the history of the Jade Temple's diplomatic corps, and she couldn't make herself presentable! What if getting the Empress back home safely depended on her ability to impress someone with her diplomatic credentials? She took in a deep breath and let it out. At least the children were not in an ill temper. Dealing with overstuffed 'nobility' was one thing. Children...she had almost no experience in that regard.


    Today at 1:14 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Yay, new friend to pway with. What do you wanna pway?" He asked, excitedly bouncing up and down while moving his action figure around.


    Today at 1:16 PM


  • The Mood is Write:
    And looked up from his book and noticed the far younger necromancer with the pet squirrel, then did a double take. "Who...!?" He hurried to the boy. "Hide your friend. Practicing necromancy is a death sentence...!" He had the scars from before he escaped, to prove it.


    Today at 1:16 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    Jaleir had more than enough shit today, to put it mildly. First, the caravan he guarded was attacked. Then they got stuck in mud. Then one of the horses died. Then the replacement horse died. Then, because of his strength, he had been used in place of the horse. Then he sprained his ankle. Then the caravan was attacked again. Thank all the gods they were arriving at a tiny village without even a name; because at least it was very unlikely that things could go wrong here.


    Today at 1:19 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Okay, Quirrly go in jacky pocket with Chirpy and Aquay," he replied.. A very undead cricket and semi-undead dragon peered out of the pocket and shook their heads. " Okay, other pocket with pup." A also undead puppy peered out and shrugged, curling back up.


    Today at 1:23 PM

  • Diana:
    The small inn was just as dull, empty, and lifeless as anyone would expect a small village inn to be. Those that lived in the local village were more likely at home with their families having their dinner meal, so the only occupants were the Inn Owner and his family, a few stray old farts that ended up at the Inn every night, and a few travelers that were on their way home from the parades.


    Today at 1:24 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Thank you," And said, relief in his voice, only to pause, thoughtful. "Where did you learn to animate your friends?" he asked. Whoever taught the boy clearly wasn't thinking of the child's future at all.


    Today at 1:26 PM

  • Loveless:
    As the girl had turned around still looking for which way to go, her company had called her attention towards a newcomer, explicitly pointing out the worn-out state of the other. Immediately, Catherine had gasped at that, cat ears were suddenly raised in alert before vanishing completely again. Sheathing the sword back on the compartment of her leather backpack the werecat had rushed towards Jaleir with concern in both gaze and voice, "Are you okay, mister?! Do you need help??"


    Today at 1:28 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter offered the other man a shrug. " I just bring Quirrly back from dead one day, no wearn it just know," he replied.


    Today at 1:29 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling gave up on the headdress with a sigh, and with it the elaborate hairstyle customary for a Jade Temple diplomat. She set the headdress aside and combed her hair out straight. Adding to her worries was the fact that only one of the original party who had rescued the Empress was still with her (well, two if you counted the chicken). And on top of that, they now had a second child to care for! Taking a cautious glimpse out of the window, she thought she saw travelers, perhaps returned from the city. "Excuse me," she said to And, "There are travelers here. I could go ask them for news of the city, and if order has been restored."


    Today at 1:30 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Oh..." And stared as his lips drew themselves into a thin line. This... was highly unusual, but sorcery did exist. This child would surely grow powerful with age. "Would you like me to teach you more about necromancy?" he offered. "You may be safer that way."


    Today at 1:31 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Mei-ling's words caught his attention, and he looked over. "That would be wise. Please do, Miss Mei-Ling."


    Today at 1:32 PM


  • Villamvihar:
    So then, it was no surprise that Jaleir went straight into the inn, only to be intercepted by a woman who approached him without hesitation. That... did not usually happen. Jaleir towered over everyone, being almost two meters tall and it's not like he was any less broad. In a good sense, mind you, because he looked like he could lift an entire inn. So he just stared at Catherine in dumb silence, looking as though someone had done something unbelievable. His head jutted forward; his face warped into the very picture of confusion and his hand pointed questioningly towards his chin.


    Today at 1:32 PM


  • Diana:
    "He should go back to where he belongs," suggested the Empress, still dubious about the boy. At least now she seemed a little more open to speaking more than three words, as long as Mei-ling was somewhere within her line of sight.


    Today at 1:32 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul took that opportunity to peck at the little boy, suddenly quite jealous. Paul, of course, was And's very normal (if mentally disturbed) chicken.


    Today at 1:33 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    The child necromancer ( who did call himself Peter earlier) looked at him. " I would wike that." He would tilt his head and start to cry. " I no have a home. I'm an orphan."


    Today at 1:35 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Thank you," Mei-ling said, and slipped out of the room. Going downstairs to the common area of the inn, she found a girl with a sword and a towering figure. "Pardon me," she said, "are you travelers from the Capital? I have heard there was some kind of attack during the Parade. Do you know if order has been restored?"


    Today at 1:37 PM

  • Loveless:
    "Eh?", Catherine had come to a halt at the reaction of the other, uh-oh had she stepped over someone's boundaries again? Avell would have facepalmed if he could, but the sigh in the girl's mind had been enough of an indication. "Oh, uhhhh... Sorry, you just seemed a bit tired and I thought maybe you needed help...", the girl's reply had been meek, with her curling on herself slightly out of awkwardness, a before unseen brown tail flickered behind her with uneasy energy. Yep, she had definitely done something she shouldn't have...


    Today at 1:37 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "You will be my apprentice, then, and when we get to my home, you will live with me as my son," And said, only to notice Paul pecking at Peter. "Paul! Stop that!" He pulled her away and held her upside down by her feet. "Stop being so jealous!"


    Today at 1:39 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    Wait, a SECOND person chose to talk with Jaleir? He did not eat the bad kind of mushrooms, did he? Nor did he drink anything yet, last time he checked. So how in the seven devils and the seven angels were people talking to him? His brain froze at the whole thing and the first thing that came out of his mouth was... "Banana." Wait, what? He buried his face in his palms. Why did he say that? Did he forget so to speak just because people were talking to him? No, surely that could not be the case.


    Today at 1:41 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Appwentice?" Peter asked in a tone that indicated he had no clue what that meant at all. He however did know what the word son meant. " Yay, daddy, daddy," he said in an excited tone. If And hadn't removed the chicken when he did, it might have been clocked in the head with an array of nuts.


    Today at 1:43 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling did not know what to make of the tall one's answer, so she turned to the girl.


    Today at 1:44 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And placed a hand on the boy's head with a nod. "Now..." He looked to the rude little Empress. "It is good to be wary right now, but you can play with my son." Peter was his responsibility now, which meant that if Peter did anything to endanger the girl, it would be on And's hands. "Miss Mei-Ling and I will keep you both safe." He looked between the two. "Play nicely, please, and son, try to avoid using more necromancy without my permission. I don't want you endangered, and... anyone who paid attention will know that a necromancer was helping the empress during the parade."


    Today at 1:48 PM

  • Loveless:
    "The capital?", Catherine had parroted for a moment wondering how to answer it- Or, having her companion dictate the answer instead, "No... We're from a lot farther along...", she had given the woman an apologetic expression before perking up like the flip of a switch, the mysterious cat ears making a new appearance, "BUT! We did hear of the attack and have travelled all this way to offer assistance!!", a closed fist had gone up in determination, "Though... I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be going, oops..." The girl too had no idea of what to make out of the big male's reply either, at least not at first, "Uhhh, are you hungry?", she had taken a shot on the dark.


    Today at 1:50 PM

  • Diana:
    "You are just trying to take a random boy," the empress tried to explain. But she was a child and adults never did like to listen to children, even when they were all powerful Empresses. "You don't even know where he belongs. We're going to get in even more trouble."


    Today at 1:51 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "But...surely assistance would be needed in the Capital rather than here, so far away from it all?" Mei-ling said.


    Today at 1:53 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    Jaleir took a couple of breaths to calm himself. All right, he could do this. He could talk to people who approached him just like that. Out of nowhere. Completely unpredicatbly. And people who did not make remarks like 'you look strong enough to carry an entire cart by yourself', which inevitably lead to the situation of... well... today. Shaking his head, Jaleir tried this speaking thing agai- Oh no. "Attack?" he asked, a bad feeling already creeping up his spine.


    Today at 1:55 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Someone needs to take him in, Empress," he said, sadness in his eyes. "He needs to be educated and hidden, or he will be killed by law just for being born with talent."


    Today at 1:56 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Yes, in the Capital," Mei-ling said, "at least that is what I have heard. I am a...scholar from the Jade Temple," she said. Though she was uncomfortable giving her true origin, her ethnicity and embroidered silk gown would be recognizable to anyone who was familiar with the Temple, and she certainly couldn't get away with a pretense of being one of the locals. "I was on my way to the Capital to study at the library there."


    Today at 1:59 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter wasn't exactly a fan of not using his powers, but it was okay. He didn't have any more animals to bring back to life. " I orphan. I no belong anywhere," he replied back. He was four, he didn't know he was talking back to a child empress. " Miss Mei-Ling wike mommy or aunty?" He asked And.


    Today at 1:59 PM

  • Diana:
    "YOU CAN'T JUST TAKE RANDOM KIDS," she insisted, this time loud enough the people downstairs could hear her shouting! It was unclear what part of the situation had her most upset, but the young empress didn't stay to explain it. She hopped to her feet and bolted for the door, and scampered down the stairs to flee.


    Today at 2:00 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "I'm... not sure—" He cut off as the Empress shouted, eyes wide.


    Today at 2:02 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    That was right. She was an orphan, too. Shit. And hurried after her. "Wait!" He was fast for an old man, but she was more agile. "Paul! Protect her!"


    Today at 2:03 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    As And threw Paul, she flapped, then latched onto the girl's hair, bouncing against the young empress's back with a cluck every time and elevator music behind her beady eyes.


    Today at 2:04 PM

  • Loveless:
    "Well, you see, we- I'm...", as Catherine prepared to say the words, Avell had been already laughing at the way his protegeé had been put against a wall so quickly. Good luck Cathy, guess the image of a reliable adventurer wasn't going to last long... "...I'm lost.", the girl seemed to deflate as she had admitted to it. It was clear that this wasn't a first occurrence either as the werecat sighed in defeat. And then a little girl shouted for inside, the cat ears suddenly alert again before disappearing from sight once more as they lowered. She didn't know what to say, just staring back at Mei-ling with a nervous, troubled expression. But what if she was jumping into other people's matters unwanted again...


    Today at 2:04 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Mei-Ling! Incoming!" And shouted.


    Today at 2:05 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling flinched at the sound of the Empress' voice--then her eyes went wide when she saw her running down the stairs. "Dear One, there is nothing to fear!" she said, hurrying to her to take her gently by the shoulders. At least the Empress was dressed in peasant's clothes, but how to explain her traveling companion. Then And and Paul came out in pursuit.


    Today at 2:05 PM

  • Diana:
    Off she ran with a chicken clung to her back, passed the confused old geezers drinking ale in the tavern, our the door into the streets passed the ones speaking out there of danger and recent events. She ran fast too for a little kid in a big borrowed shirt, right past Mei-ling and off towards the dark forest.


    Today at 2:06 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter looked over at And. " .... She seem sad."


    Today at 2:07 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And himself looked just like a farmer, all the way down to his tan, his thick calloused hands, and the dirt that clung to his undyed woolen clothes. As he caught up to Mei-ling, he looked to her. "I... think I messed up!" he said as he paused, expression guilty before he hurried into the forest after her. "Please wait! I'm sorry!"


    Today at 2:08 PM


  • Villamvihar:
    An attack in the capital? Jaleir had not heard of anything like that, but then again, he was a simple man. But before he could ask any further questions, a little girl ran from the top rooms, escaping through the inn and then went out into the streets. With a chicken on latched onto her back. What? Moreover, one of the women seemed like she was invol- Oh no. Oh no no no no. Jaleir's heart sank as he realised that the day was about to get even worse.


    Today at 2:08 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I'll go get her," Mei-ling said, then turned to hurry after the Empress; And had the other child to care for as well, and Mei-ling did not trust her ability to conjure additions to her cover story. She ran after the Empress, hoping to catch her before she got too far into the forest. "Dear One, what is wrong?" She couldn't call the Empress by her real name, and the girl had yet to agree to any of the false names she and And had offered.


    Today at 2:10 PM

  • Diana:
    The child made it to the forest faster than Mei-ling could catch up to her, which was definitely a big problem, as night had quickly fallen and once one was under the cover of the trees, one couldn't see farther than a foot or two in front of them even by the few beams of moonlight that could break through the canopy. There was rustling in the distance but it could just as easily been a wild animal or the wind!


    Today at 2:14 PM

  • Loveless:
    "Wait, it could be dangerous outside!", Catherine had turned around as a blonde girl had rushed past her, both ears and tail all high up in horror and apprehension, she didn't even know who this child was, but that didn't matter, a kid lost in the woods was a bad idea, always! The werecat had been ready to run after the runaway girl, but the woman said she had it handled and Avell too had reprimanded her for being about to run off. With a defeated sigh and her tail flickering with annoyance, Cathy gave up on giving chase, instead throwing Jaleir a glance and muttering, "Let's just get inside...", as she entered the inn.


    Today at 2:14 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul clucked against the girl's back, feet well-tangled in those locks. She looked around vacantly, then started to flap her wings.


    Today at 2:16 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling stopped briefly so she could make a few intricate gestures with her hands, conjuring an illusion of a globe of light so she could have some hope of seeing where she was going. She headed toward the rustling. "Paul?" she called out. With any luck (not that there was any of the good variety present at the moment...) the chicken would at least cluck and help lead her to the Empress.


    Today at 2:17 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul clucked loudly as she twisted around in the little girl's hair, hopelessly tangled... and now panicking.


    Today at 2:17 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "I hear Paul!" And informed, thankful for Mei-ling's light, as it meant he wouldn't need to call on the dead and possibly endanger the other child in doing so.


    Today at 2:18 PM

  • Diana:
    The child empress didn't mind the chicken tag-a-long, at least until it started having a fit and pulling at her hair. She started shrieking and flailing wildly until she finally managed to get the chicken loose. Just in time for something even larger than herself and the chicken to make a very large snarl nearby.


    Today at 2:19 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    Jaleir had a complicated expression on his face. An incredibly, incredibly complicated expression on his face. But in the end, Catherine had it right. If nothing else, he had to get in at least one drink before everything crashed and cracked. Again. So he followed her, went up to the counter, placed a couple of gold coins on the counter. "A barrel of beer." No, he was not joking. Yes, he would drink it all himself.


    Today at 2:19 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Buck." Paul stared at the source of the nearby snarl, then... Attack mode! The bird ran at it in a flurry of feather-filled clucking and claws.


    Today at 2:21 PM

  • Diana:
    The chicken ran beak first into one very, very, very large wood troll that had just had his sleep interrupted and wasn't happy about this. The Troll stood a good 10 feet tall with barky skin and bent over with it's mouth opened wide to swallow up that chicken. In the nonsense, the child empress fled further into the dark forest.


    Today at 2:23 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter looked sad..... and he would put on the oversized coat. He would poke Aquy awake. " Go hewp daddy. Dragon get big." The small dragon grumbled and made itself big, and thankfully glowing and would sigh as Peter climbed onto follow them.


    Today at 2:24 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling followed the sound of the chicken, reaching the child just in time to hear the fierce snarl. "Empress!" she hissed under her breath. "Please stay with us," she said as she interposed herself between the girl and whatever beast awaited in the shadows. My staff! Her jade staff was still back at the Inn, so she had nothing to fend off a fierce animal with! More gestures, and she conjured an illusion of flames bursting from the trees between her and the sound--but then the Empress took off again!


    Today at 2:24 PM

  • Loveless:
    Catherine ignored the borderline mean comments that Avell was making at the tall one's order of choice, instead taking a seat beside him. She wasn't hungry though, or thirsty for that matter, clearly still worried about the whole runaway child situation and leaning over the counter as if done with everything. She was a failure of an adventurer, that's what she was. The girl sighed, not even the sight of a dragon was doing anything for her.


    Today at 2:24 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And felt the prickle of necromantic magic behind them, and he paled. No, Peter was endangering himself, too! He would have to out himself to cover for the child, he was sure, but... after they got out of the forest. He came to a stop and began to whisper a spell. Ghosts began to approach him, and to speak to him, and he suddenly changed direction. As he did, a ghost went, unseen to normal eyes, to Peter.


    Today at 2:28 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    The ghost, a plain-faced woman, spoke to Peter, "Be careful. I can lead you in the direction he went."


    Today at 2:29 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling took off after the Empress. Her illusory flames wouldn't last long without her to sustain the spell, but she had to find the Empress before she could protect her!


    Today at 2:31 PM

  • Diana:
    The forest troll was not happy about all the fire (and did not seem to realize it was just an illusion) which saved the chicken from being swallowed, but did not protect Mei-ling from the troll's mighty stomping. It rumbled the ground enough to mess with her footing and gave the lumbering beast the opportunity to swing his massive arm at her.


    Today at 2:32 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter looked at the ghost. " Okay, lady. Lead me to daddy."


    Today at 2:32 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul attacked the troll's face with a flurry of claws and feathers, clawing at its eyes with wild squawking.


    Today at 2:35 PM

  • Villamvihar:
    The bartender, obviously, could not just give an entire barrel of beer to Jaleir. Which greatly displeased him, after having been through all that stuff today. So he only got one glass of beer. Granted, a big glass of bear, but it did not make him happy. At all. Because he knew it was only going to get worse.


    Today at 2:35 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    The ghost led Peter through the forest toward And's destination. At least And hadn't forgotten the boy—he just didn't understand that children needed a lot of supervision, even if they weren't empresses in hiding.


    Today at 2:36 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And headed towards the next danger the ghosts warned him about, which intersected with the little Empress's route.


    Today at 2:36 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling heard heavy footfalls behind her, and saw the towering troll bearing down on her. She ducked into a roll to avoid its attack, but tripped over a root as she tried to come to her feet. She managed to stumble into a back stance instead of falling. She could feel the chill presence of wandering spirits, and there was a pale glow and the sound of large wings from above the forest, but she couldn't do anything about those threats. In fact, she was not entirely sure she'd be able to deal with the troll!


    Today at 2:40 PM

  • Diana:
    Just as And almost caught up with the fleeing little girl, a lightning-blue portal opened up in the forest. The empress skidded to a stop, but there was no turning to run fast enough this time. A few strangely dressed mages stepped out of the portal. One snatched her up and disappeared into the portal, leaving behind three very menacing looking mages with sparks at their fingertips. The portal closed with a clap of thunder, loud enough the forest troll stopped in it's track, and those at the inn could hear it too!


    Today at 2:46 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "No!" And snarled, then whispered rapidly as he made movements with his hands, until suddenly, skeletal hands rose from the ground and began to climb up the mages to disrupt their casting and pin them in place.


    Today at 2:47 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter arrived and growled. Nobody hurt his daddy. The glowing dragon knew what that meant as it shot water at the mages, very strong water.


    Today at 2:48 PM

  • Diana:
    Water is an excellent conductor of electricity. Now all the surrounding areas were lighting up with electrivity!


    Today at 2:51 PM

  • Loveless:
    The ruckus of the forest would be distant and forgettable to most individuals, but when you had enhanced senses the rumbling of the ground was something that shook Catherine to her core, knowing that it was surely nothing but bad news. "You know what...", the girl would suddenly mutter at seemingly nobody, jerking back upright on her seat, "I don't care whether it's someone else's matter, a true adventurer wouldn't let something like that keep her from protecting and doing what she thinks it's right!", she had gotten back up for her seat, tail peeking from under her skirt, perked up high with pride. Avell had initially mumbled something against, but the sudden surge of spatial magical would soon change his own mind. This was a matter bigger than just some kid lost in the woods, wasn't it? And thus there went Catherine, rushing outside of the inn, unsheathing her sword companion and pointing the magical gem on the hilt downwards. "SONIC-BOOM!!", a sonic-wave was unleashed from the gemstone, magical energies swirling chaotically inside it, and with that the girl was being propelled upwards into the air, making a parable towards the darkened forest...


    Today at 2:51 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And jumped away as quick as he could, but still collapsed as the magic connected. He gasped and wheezed, then continued to murmur until the skeletons rose all the way and clung, restraining, to the mages.


    Today at 2:52 PM

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Oops....." Peter replied, looking to see how else he could help.


    Today at 2:56 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling ducked under another swipe from the troll, then scooped a hand around its wrist to subtly divert a punch to miss her, then shot a front kick at the troll's solar plexus, and followed up with a rapid combo of punches and palm strikes as she moved in close and to the troll's side. She was faster, but it was much stronger. She heard And cry out "No!"--so obviously something terrible was happening; then the next thing she knew there was crackling electricity and hissing steam coming from behind her. She swerved again, this time to put the troll's body between her and the concrescence of magical energies.


    Today at 2:57 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul flapped away, up to a tree branch, then huff-clucked and fluffed her feathers.


    Today at 2:58 PM

  • Diana:
    BZZZZZZZZT, the troll did indeed get a full shock. But it seemed the boy and the weirdo with the chicken weren't the only necromancers. The mage's began casting their own spells, as a group, making their will stronger as they bent And's skeleton summons to their own magic. Their magical tune even seemed to have an effect on the nearby ghosts!


    58 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And scowled, then whispered more quickly, speaking to the dead, urging them to help him, even as he walked toward the opposing necromancers. A good caster always had a backup plan, and his was to hurl a rock at the other caster.


    57 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    Catherine's trajectory had ended up being the clearing where the woman from before fought a much larger enemy, a troll! "FLAMES!", the enchantment had been shouted, causing Avell's blade to glow a fiery-orange before erupting in a violent blaze. Aided by gravity, just as the enemy was still recovering from the unpleasant electricity, the werecat had dropped over it, her burning sword pointed downwards, mercilessly aimed to end it in case the shock hadn't already done so.


    56 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul watched for a while until she noticed something. And was fighting. And was in danger. HER HUSBANDO! She leaped from the tree and began to violently assault one of the opposing necromancers.


    54 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    Peter would approach the rock troll and touch it. " You dead?"


    53 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Don't raise it," the ghost warned, though her eyes were on the opposing necromancers instead of Peter.


    50 minutes ago


  • Diana:
    Was it the storm of flames? Was it the chicken? No one could be sure, but soon a new portal opened up and the mages fled through it. Before the portal sealed behind them, And could see a sigil on the back of the robes. Something only he as a trained necromancer might notice: A red eye. The mages were death cultists and now they had the Child Empress. But for what means?!


    50 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    With the troll stunned for the moment, Mei-ling was just about to run to And's aid, when a shout came from above. Another form, lit by a flaming sword, coming right at her! No, thankfully, at the troll. At least Mei-ling hoped it had been her target! Then she recognized the girl with the cat-ears from the inn. Seeing Peter there, Mei-ling looked to the girl with a mixture of fear and hope. "Please watch out for him?" she said, then turned and ran to And's aid. Seeing the fearsome necromancer-wizards, she ran at the one not under chicken assault or rock barrage, and lept at them with a flying side kick. But before her foot could make contact, they vanished through a portal.


    49 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "The Empress! Where is she?" Mei-ling cried; too late, she remembered the girl with the flaming sword--whose side was she truly on?


    48 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Raise it?" He asked, apparently 100% not hearing the word don't in that sentence.


    47 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    "I'd certainly hope so!", Catherine had retorted at the little kid, it an attack of that magnitude hadn't done the trick they'd be in huge trouble! "Aye, aye~!", the girl had saluted at the woman and her request once she had taken Avell out of the creature's burnt skull and leapt out of it. The flames had been gone with the end of the spell. Wait, the Empress?? The new sentence had the werecat confused, thankfully her companion was ready with a hypothesis, "Wha- That little girl was- We've been in the right place all along??!" They weren't lost this time? What kind of weird coincidence was this?!


    43 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "No, do not," the ghost repeated.


    41 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Do."


    40 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "No."


    39 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And growled. His former master's cult? He'd robbed them plenty, and he still wore the pendant he'd taken from them. "Their base isn't far!"


    37 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Yes?"


    37 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "They have her?" Mei-ling said to And. "We...right place?" she repeated the other girl's words, which didn't seem to make much sense.


    35 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    Catherine, and to some extend Avell too, just stood there watching this kid argue with the air. At least on the girl's point of view, the sword could sense a magical reading nearby and was quick to guess the truth. At least the woman's question had soon snapped her from bouncing gaze around. "Yes! W- I'm an adventurer and came to offer extra help after I heard of the terrible attack that happened!", Cathy had answered in the most dignified and confident way she could manage, "It's an adventurer's job to help those in need and slain great evils!", and there went her fist up in determination again. "Though, I honestly thought that I had gotten myself really... really lost."


    30 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Okay, raise it." Peter would do just that..... because he was four and had no listening skills.


    28 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And wobbled as he rose and wobbled to a rock. He spoke the password, and it slid out of the way. "Their bases are always covered by identical rocks," he grunted.


    25 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "You'll make your daddy unhappy," the ghost informed.


    25 minutes ago

  • LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Okay, I no raise rock monster if daddy get sad," he replied back to the ghost


    24 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Good boy," the ghost praised with a silent sigh.


    21 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling bowed to the adventurer-girl, saluting her with the fist of one hand placed in the palm of the other in front of her chest as she bowed. "Thank you," she said softly, then turned back to And with tears beginning to form in her eyes. I have failed! I have failed the Empress and the Temple! But And seemed to know who they were, and where their base could be found. Could he have directed them to her? she wondered. It seemed to be the simplest explanation for how they could have turned up at the exact right place and right time. But then, the adventurer-girl had also turned up fortuitously to help. Furthermore, there were probably powerful divination spells that could have provided them the needed information.


    19 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Do they...do they have to wait for some astrological conjunction before they can harm her?"


    17 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    The reaction had taken Catherine by surprise, initially jerking her body in a near bounce, but quickly giving the woman a grin back as she sheathed Avell once more, "You're welcome~!", and then the pair just listened to the ongoing conversation, it was obvious that they had missed a lot of context and would have to catch up eventually. But hey, at least they seemed to be on the right track!


    16 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Probably. They're a superstitious bunch."


    15 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Though there was a camp of the death cult nearby, it was not where they took the Child Empress. Clues at the camp suggested there was something quite nefarious in the works involving an ancient summoning ritual, but the details were vague. All the heroes could surmise was that maybe if they traveled to the Outskirts, they might pickup the trail or at least an idea of where to go next. ...NEXT TIME. THE SEARCH FOR THE CHILD EMPRESS BEGINS.
 

  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE CHILD EMPRESS CHARP!


    Today at 12:31 PM


  • Diana:
    This is a high fantasy setting where the characters will be working together to sneak into a creepy citadel to rescue the child empress. Will they succeed?


    Today at 12:31 PM


  • Diana:
    IMPORTANT! Charps are fast paced and in real time, so TYPE FAST BRIEF BRIEF. Keep posts to 10 sentences or less. Too much text and people will miss details. Take too long to post, and you miss action.


    Today at 12:33 PM


  • Diana:
    HOT TIP! Put your character name in the first sentence of your post. You can make use of bbcode to differentiate your posts from others!


    Today at 12:33 PM


  • Diana:
    Game Master posts appear in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are helping guide the story and giving you hints on what to do next.


    Today at 12:34 PM


  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY. Don't worry about typos or mistakes. If you get confused and need a little help, I am always in the main chat to answer questions!


    Today at 12:34 PM


  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 12:35 PM


  • Diana:
    In the close distance a dark citadel was built into the side of a craggy mountain. Torches of deep purple flames were strategically placed around points that were surely guarded by cultists in heavy black armor. A moat of putrid green water that bubbled suspiciously surrounded the outer walls of the stone monolith. Our party of heroes are huddled under the cover of the forest, thinking of the best way to sneak inside and rescue the child empress.


    Today at 12:58 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling looked worriedly at the dark fortress. It looked to her untrained eyes like the sort of place that would require an entire army to besiege. And she only had a tiny party of adventurers! I'm a diplomat, not a soldier! she thought. "I...could try to cast illusions over us, to make us look like a troop of reinforcements," she said, "but I do not know what kind of magical defenses they would have, or how we would need to act in order to be convincing..."


    Today at 1:09 PM

  • Loveless:
    Catherine had momentarily frozen in place at the income of highly unpleasant smells to her enhanced senses, moving with the party a bit curled up on herself in clear discomfort. It was at these times that she wished Avell had anything like force fields, so she could put one around her head like a helmet or something... If it is that it worked like that. Of course, she didn't say it out loud, convinced that her partner would find a way to turn the statement on her and her lack of mana instead. He always did that. "W-well...", it was such an effort to pay attention to anything else arrrgh!, "They were using electricity last time, right? So, maaaaybe sprinkling so water on them would cause them to shock themselves instead??"


    Today at 1:16 PM

  • Diana:
    Next to the two was a very tall orc in very big, but very rusty armor. He was an adventurer by the name of Beere Bitterale that picked up a reward flyer and was definitely onboard this rescue just for the gold. "Beere will just run up and smash some skulls! Won't know what hit them!" he suggested, holding up an obscenely huge mace.


    Today at 1:18 PM

  • Loveless:
    "I feel like that is very easy to counter when it comes to magic...", Catherine commented more to herself than anything. In her mind, Avell agreed vehemently going on a rant and listing several spells that would make the job in a matter of seconds.


    Today at 1:22 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling bit her lip. Catherine's idea sounded even worse than hers (but then, what did she know?), and furthermore, she had no way to conjure water, and no intention of going near that horrid stuff in the moat, if she could avoid it. As for the big orc's "plan," that could be countered by a portcullis and some boiling oil or arrows coming down from the walls.


    Today at 1:23 PM

  • Diana:
    Beere looked like he had something clever to say by the arch of his eyebrow, but all that came out was a heavy snort and the muttering under his breath about magic pansies. "Beere is the biggest, so Beere leads the pack!" he stated firmly, beating his fist to his chest. "We trudge through the moat, climb up the stone, and smash in through a window, then smash skulls!"


    Today at 1:26 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "They could have an entire army in there for all we know," Mei-Ling said softly. "We will need to be able to sneak inside to rescue the Empress..."


    Today at 1:26 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "We do not know what is in that moat, or if the water is poisonous," she said to Beere, hoping to persuade him against just charging the castle. For one thing, he might be able to scale a castle wall bare-handed, but that wasn't exactly part of the training for the Jade Temple's diplomatic corps!


    Today at 1:31 PM

  • Loveless:
    "We're going to die...", is what both Catherine and Avell thought to themselves hearing the Orc's attitude, though Avell being a sword his was less a concern with himself and more of a concern with Cathy... And eventually finding a new contractor as well-intentioned as the werecat. Cathy watched Mei-Ling trying to convince Beere of otherwise, hoping that he listened to them as she commented, "...I think I could jump that far...", while looking at the top of the wall.


    Today at 1:33 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I will cast illusions for us," she said. "It will be much easier if we can get them to let us in. Please act grim and serious, and do not talk," she said, then began making gestures to create illusory cultist robes for them. Thankfully she remembered the symbol on the back of the robes of the sorcerers who attacked them...but she wasn't a hundred percent sure she hadn't forgot some other detail. Had there been fringe, or piping?


    Today at 1:36 PM

  • Diana:
    "Your little twinkle toes take too long to think," grumbled Beere the orc. That should've been a warning sign to the others, but who was to know the hulking giant meant that as a battlecry? "YA-" he cut himself off as soon as Mei asked for quiet. Then he looked quite perplexed down at himself and the others. He still had his mace over his head and looked ready to charge, but he seemed to catch on to the woman's plan quick enough to not do anything crazy.


    Today at 1:38 PM

  • Loveless:
    With only a nod in response to Mei-ling, Catherine was quick to do as told and stop talking, though the same couldn't be said for her mind as a certain somebody decided to ramble plan after plan at the wrong time. Not that she could do anything about it. At least Beere also went quiet, prompting the girl to sigh relieved internally. As the party moved on, she wondered if it wouldn't have been better to take her boots off, so that there would be no footstep sounds. Oh well, too late now.


    Today at 1:42 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling strained to concentrate as she completed her spell. To her relief, the big orc thought better of the scream-and-charge method at the last second. "Come on," she said, trying her best to act like the leader of a cultist scouting party.


    Today at 1:52 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Reaching the road before the front gate, Mei-Ling called up to the guards above the drawbridge. "Let us in! The traitor And has went to Vundergren and gathered an army! They will be upon us any moment!" Hopefully, if the cultists were preparing for a siege, they would not be watching her little party of "scouts" too closely...


    Today at 1:59 PM

  • Diana:
    Beere Bitterale the Orc was doing his best to look as cultisty and non-interesting as possible. He might have even come close to pulling it off had he been wearing the black armor of the big guards, but in cult robes... he looked disgruntled and suspicious. "OYE BEERE MUST START HIS SHIFT ON THE TOWERS. OPEN UP ALREADY." He growled out, somehow covering his own ass.


    Today at 2:02 PM

  • Diana:
    The ones guiding the gate didn't seem too impressed with this little party, in fact they seemed to be smarter than the average gate guard. "Looking for a wee child, are you?" One woman cackled. "Thought you'd come in right through the front door with some moron orc and whatever that thing is," a hand gestured down at Catherine. "Don't worry, though. That traitor And will meet his end soon enough..."


    Today at 2:05 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Oh noooooooo, Mei-Ling thought. What could she do, but keep trying? "We've already captured the child, you fool!" she called back. "If you have not noticed, we do not have legions at our command! Orcs and werecats are good fighters, and we need all the fighters we can get! Now let us in!"


    Today at 2:10 PM

  • Loveless:
    Catherine remained silent to not say anything stupid and had been about to go along some of Avell's ideas when the guard seemed to see through their attempts and insult her. Then she had enough, this wasn't the first time that people spoke to her or literally any other half-beasts like that, but oh my god did it grind her gears!! "That thing has a name just like all of you bastards!", her tail, now in sight, flickered like crazy under Mei-ling's illusion, "Now get down here so I can stab your face in or I'm getting over there on a single jump!!"


    Today at 2:11 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "You can do that?" Mei-Ling asked Catherine in a whisper. "Do you think you could take the guards up there and lower the drawbridge if they don't let us in?"


    Today at 2:15 PM

  • Diana:
    "Oh look, the little cat thing is mad!" chortled the robed woman. He companion also broke into laughter. "The bottom ranks are so gullible." They continued to laugh so hard one of them almost started crying, until finally the woman leaned over the edge and managed to speak again without choking. "Alright then, what's the pass phrase. Fail to answer and you'll be showering in boiled blood."


    Today at 2:16 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Curses! Mei-Ling thought. Straining to hold her concentration, she surreptitiously made gestures with a hand she blocked from the guards' sight with her body. "The password is--" From somewhere in the forest, a conjured image of Paul the renegade chicken fluttered up to the crenellations, clucking and squawking, then turned her butt toward the guards, and took a massive dump on the catwalk.


    Today at 2:23 PM

  • Loveless:
    "I might need Avell's help, but it's definitely doable.", Catherine had nodded with confidence as she whispered back at the other, the woman's teasing making her blood boil with rage at the racist remarks, "Oh, just give me a sign, and I'll handle it." There was no better sign than the opening prompted by some kind of chicken, Cathy lowering herself to the ground as soon as the commotion was in place, unsheathing Avell from her backpack and pointing the sword's gemstone directly at the ground, prepared for the leap. "SONIC-BOOM!!" A massive shockwave erupted from the blade leaving a crater on the surface bellow and enhancing the werecat's already naturally enhanced leap into epic proportions, making a parable even higher than the drawbridge's walls. "WHIRLWIND!" Bringing her sword in a C motion while in the air, the gemstone flashed green and a furious spiralling wind now threatened to knock the guards off of their feet, hopefully down the wall, that'd be sweet Karma.


    Today at 2:32 PM

  • Diana:
    A huge kerfuffle broke out! First, the chicken had the cultist guards screaming and cursing (because FUCK that guy and his chicken). The surprise attack from the dumb cat had them hitting the ground down behind the wall with a sickening bone crunching THUD. Beere Bitterale the Orc took this as his sign to do what he did best, SMASH THINGS, and so with surprisingly agility he leapt across the moat (half landing in it's putrid waters) then started beating his mace against the wood of the draw bridge until a hole big enough for the three of them had emerged. ...of course, now the entire citadel was awake and active...


    Today at 2:46 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Scream and charge it is..." Mei-Ling muttered to herself, her concentration shattered completely by Catherine's rather astounding feat. Mei-Ling ran back a few steps, then turned and ran toward the moat, pole-vaulting of the end of the jetty with her jade staff. As she flew across the moat, she twirled the staff in her hands, stuck it down into the suspicious water to support her weight as she flipped the rest of the way to the drawbridge, where she squeezed through the hole the mighty orc had made. Once they were inside, she cast an illusion of mist, and re-conjured their cultist robes. "We have to get lost in the confusion," she said. While her party members were formidable indeed (rather more so than Mei-Ling herself), who knew what kind of warriors the cultists had?


    Today at 2:54 PM

  • Loveless:
    Landing on top of the wall at the end of her trajectory, Catherine had changed forms, now an anthropomorphic brown cat hybrid about half a feet taller than the weirdly tall teen from before, because freaky genetics. She felt absolutely no mercy for the cultists that had apparently cracked their heads on their ground, there was no mercy for bad people that kidnapped kids and were openly racist. If anything she felt extremely vindicated at the result. Ears rotated back in a clear display of aggression, the werecat held Avell in front of her ready to receive an incoming attack, her tail swishing furiously behind her and gaze locked on the door. Any time now... someone had to come and see what was up with the drawbridge guards.


    Today at 2:55 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling might have tried to cast an illusion of black armor for Beere, but she hadn't gotten a very good look at the guards' armor, and furthermore, she was not an expert on armor; there were all manner of plates and straps and buckles, not to mention the sounds armor made in movement; the robes were hard enough to pull off.


    Today at 2:56 PM

  • Diana:
    Catherine was not wrong, for quite a few armed cultists had ran out from their positions inside the citadel to the main courtyard in order to confront the party - but thanks to Mei-ling's illusions, the mist had created a white wall of confusion. Torches and magic spells were swung through the mist, but the cultists could not seem to tell each other apart from the disguised party. There was a chance to get inside!


    Today at 2:58 PM

  • Loveless:
    Catherine did consider just mowing through the confused cultists in the mist, jumping here and that way to avoid wildly thrown magic but, Avell had a better idea. Waiting for an opening on the shooting of spells, Cathy lowered herself again, and with her tail extended behind her for balance took an impressive leap over the cloud of mist and all of the lost cultists before they started throwing more magic around. At this point they might be just hurting themselves in there. With the door now right by her, the werecat exited the walkway into the actual building with silent steps hoping to reunite with the rest of the party eventually.


    Today at 3:03 PM

  • Diana:
    Meanwhile Beere the Orc was having a grand old time swinging his mighty big mace and smashing in the skulls of everything it came in contact with. He clearly did not have a plan (and seemed to forget this was a rescue mission with a reward) and was perfectly find with remaining the distraction as the others snuck inside.


    57 minutes ago

  • trijan:
    suddenly Cathine falls over; the body of a well armoured knight? guard? slaming intoher. she would look up to see a drunk demon girl


    56 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "I hope I'm not too late," And muttered quietly from within the citadel. He'd gone home to his farm for some 'help', and the long journey was shortened by an undead horse who didn't go back to rest, by her own choice after. Something about Shadowmere? He didn't quite catch it, but for now, he assumed she had something to do. He held And tight against his side to keep her quiet as he crept through in silence, his disguise being among his belongings from home. These cultists who could disrupt his necromancy were in for a nasty surprise. He just needed to meet up with the rest as planned and find that poor child.


    56 minutes ago

  • trijan:
    the slightly disoriented demon would rise to help Cathrine up-'oh, im sorry, and you are?


    53 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    The problem with creating a fog of war was that it affected one's own side as much as the enemy. It didn't stop Beere from being a one-orc wrecking crew though, but Catherine vanished into the mist. Mei-Ling slipped through the melee, shouting "The gate is breached! Hold the line!" at the occasional cultist who ran into her. Finally, she made it through, and found Catherine with a rather imposing demon-knight. Whose side were they on?


    50 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    Knocked out of her hind legs suddenly, Catherine falls over on her tail trying not to howl out in pain but very clearly hurting and internally crying for it by the shakiness on her voice. Avell clangs on the ground and makes a mental complaint about it. "C-Catheri...ne...", the tone was something very short of a whimper as she pulled her poor tail carefully from under her and only then taking the other person's hand, having to take support with her free one lest she ended up pulling the other down with her instead. "Where did you even come from...?"


    49 minutes ago

  • trijan:
    m-me? i used to be a local up until recently


    47 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    The inside of the citadel was strangely quiet compared to the chaos outside. But footsteps could be heard pounding down the stone hallway near Catherine, Mei-ling and the new, strange drunk demon girl.


    45 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    Catherine tilted her head in confusion, her cat ears dropping and raising together with the movement. She had no idea of what that meant. The moment had to be interrupted however as she picked up the sound of footsteps probably a bit earlier than most, one ear twitching at the income of the new sound. As such, she had quickly flipped around the demon-knight and picked Avell back up (who hadn't stopped complaining until now), once more raising it in front of her and waiting for an attack.


    43 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling quickly looked Catherine over. She couldn't see any blood, but it looked like the were-cat had a grimace of pain. "Catherine, are you alright?" Hearing the approaching sound, she raised her staff to a guard position, holding back from casting more illusions to save chi for healing.


    42 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And, further inside, listened for them to come. In the quiet, he hoped to hear them fairly well with all this stone around, though finding them might be hard with echoes and the like. Still, he finally put Paul down. "Help me find the little girl," he urged. "Be quiet about it, unless she's in danger." He put a jeweled bracelet around Paul's neck, then shifted her feathers to cover it before he patted her rump and watched her go deeper into the citadel.


    41 minutes ago

  • trijan:
    kanoxi would follow thinking to herself just who in the village did she fall on and why where they so astounded by her?


    37 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Paul the chicken, in all her stupidity, was at least fantastic hunter. Her little chicken claws scratched along the stone floors as she search and flapped through the citadel hunting down where the child empress was being imprisoned. ...but the tiny room she stopped at had no child. Just the clothing that had been given to her before as a disguise. --- Meanwhile Cathy, Mei and Kanoxi soon found themselves face to face with a trio of lightning cultists. And they did not wait for introductions before shooting their lightning!


    31 minutes ago

  • trijan:
    (kanoxi would angrily begin to say something before vommiting on one of them )-i thi-bleeeeeeeeeeh


    28 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And followed her in a short time later. She was faster than him, after all. On finding the clothes, he frowned and knelt to inspect them and the energies in the room. "Keep looking, Paul. Find where they took her," he urged. The chicken hurried off as he hurried with his inspection.


    27 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    Catherine quickly ducked out of the way of the lighting bolts, adrenaline helping it soothe her poor aching tail, and went for a lowered approach in the form of a 4-limbed hop closing in the distance between her and the cultists once more pulling Avell out, the gemstone pointed at them. "SPRINKLE!", she chanted the spell while making a cut in the air left to right. With the gem shining a light blue, something equivalent to a hose's flow had erupted from the blade, following the motion and coating the trio of cultists in water. She wanted to see them try their lightning tricks now!


    24 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling sprang for the wall, hoping to kick off and attack from an unexpected angle while dodging the lightning bolt that came at her. The lightning arced toward her, striking her with a glancing blow that sent her tumbling to the floor, moaning in pain.


    24 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Paul the chicken skuttled over to a dresser. Behind it seemed to be just a normal wall, but on a closer look, And could see Paul's feathers jostled by a draft. There was a secret passage! Just inside there were a child's footprints in the dust, along with two other sets of adult prints. Had someone else gotten to the child first?


    21 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    THE CULTIST IN HALL, however... Kanoxi's vomit threw one off their game enough for Chatherine's water to capture them - but not without Mei-ling being hit. As the cultists struggled to magick their way out of their watery grave, a mighty big hand slapped Kanozi on the back. "GOOD SHOW OLD GIRL!" Bellowed Beere the Orc. If he was inside now, that meant a bunch more cultists were soon to follow.


    21 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Physician...heal thyself... Mei-Ling thought, taking a deep breath and guiding her chi through her body's energy meridians to heal most of the burn damage and restore the function of her jolted nerves. She pulled herself to her feet. "Beere...I am glad you are unhurt! We have to find her quickly..." I wish And was here! He's the only one who knows anything about these people, or where they might be keeping the Empress!


    19 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    Uh-oh, this was bad! Avell was shouting ideas in Catherine's mind, useful ideas as long as they still had a way further inside from their side of the corridor as well. She glanced around quickly trying to see if that was the case or if they had to find a way across the sea of cultist whose footsteps were already approaching far in the distance.


    17 minutes ago

  • trijan:
    (kanoxi)-who the *belches acid* are you?! (she said trying not to be rude, the hangover kicking in)


    17 minutes ago


  • The Mood is Write:
    "Good girl," And praised as he looked up to her cluck, then entered the secret passage. "Find the others. Bring them to me. The jewels on your neck will help me know where you are at all times." He urged as he moved forward and prepared a wand.


    17 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Finding the others is exactly what Paul did. Of course, when a flapping squawking chicken showed up crowing and kicking off a storm, those that had never met the chicken were confused. In fact Beere the Orc grabbed the chicken and was just about to stuff it in his mouth...


    15 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Beere, no!" Mei-Ling cried. "That's Paul! Let her go!" Oh thank goodness!


    14 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Reluctantly, Beere let go of the chicken. He did give it a real confused side-eye, though.


    12 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    Catherine focus on the duo's plan had all been lost the moment flaps of wings had reached them from the back, glancing to see what that was about. The werecat had been similarly confused about the chicken, unsure of where it had come from or who its owner was, only really understanding something else was afoot when Mei-ling had stopped it from becoming the orc's meal. Avell though already knew there was something more, but let his protegeé figure it out at her pace. "Oh wait! Is the chicken also a party member??"


    9 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Once the chicken was on it's feet again, it ran ran ran down the maze of halls to the hidden passage And had already stepped through. With more cultists closing in, going through the passage was now the only way out.


    7 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Yes," Mei-Ling said, "That's Paul, And's chicken. And will know where the Empress is. We need to follow her!


    7 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Come on!" she said, hurrying after the chicken.


    7 minutes ago

  • trijan:
    (kanoxi)-if this is what i need to do to get back to my house, fine


    6 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Though And's necromancy was rather disturbing to her, Mei-Ling would be quite grateful to turn over leadership of the mission to him, since her own efforts in that direction had not exactly panned out brilliantly.


    5 minutes ago

  • Loveless:
    With the order to follow the chicken, Catherine had promptly sheathed Avell back on the build-in sheath on her backpack and started following after Mei-ling who was following after Paul. This was a huge relief since having to chain in another spell in so little time would have made it her last unless she wanted to get really exhausted in the process.


    4 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Beere was the last one through the passage, because he was so huge. His broad shoulders and mega armor made it a very tight squeeze. On the bright side, his big body was going to block anyone from trying to follow, should they discover the passage.


    3 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    And thus our party caught up to And inside the secret passage and they followed the trail of dusty footprints out of the citadel and into the very mountainside of which the citadel was built. Before long they found themselves in a maze of caves, but no immediate sight of the child empress. The cultists (as far as they could tell) had not discovered the secret passage to follow... THE END, FOR NOW. TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR THE CONTINUED SEARCH FOR THE CHILD EMPRESS.
 

  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE CHILD EMPRESS!


    Today at 9:29 AM


  • Diana:
    You and your companions are seeking the kidnapped child empress! You've followed the trail of the death cult that grabbed her into the depths of a mountain.


    Today at 9:31 AM


  • Diana:
    HOT TIP: TYPE FAST AND KEEP POSTS SHORT. Stick to 10 sentences or less. Taking too long means you miss out on the action, and if you write too much people miss details in your posts.


    Today at 9:31 AM


  • Diana:
    SUPER USEFUL: Write your character name in the first sentence of every post so we know who you're playing! Use can make use of bbcode color to help differentiate your posts.


    Today at 9:32 AM


  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always newbie friendly! So don't worry about mistakes or confusion. I am in the main chat to help guide you or answer questions if you need it.


    Today at 9:33 AM


  • Diana:
    Game Master posts appear in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the story and giving clues on what to do next!


    Today at 9:33 AM


  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 9:34 AM

  • Diana:
    Last we left our band of heroes they were wandering deep, deep, deep, within a mountain cave following what they hope was the trail of the stolen(rescued?) child empress. The long winding halls definitely weren't natural, but the neat looking glowing moss and fungi along the stone walls were!


    Today at 10:56 AM

  • Diana:
    Beere Bitterale the intrepid explorer was not so great in closed up spaces, seeing he was nearly as big as a house. The horns on his helmet would scrap the top of the cavern hall walls whenever he wasn't hunched over.


    Today at 10:58 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling walked hurriedly down the corridor, watching out for traps and ambush points in a faint eerie glow of bioluminescense. The towering Orc made stealth pretty much impossible, but he also made it a lot less necessary. Or at least he made the odds of surviving a fight better than non-existent. Her mind still conjured terrible images of finding the Empress with her throat cut because they were unable to sneak up on the cultists, but she pushed those thoughts away as one might the nose of a camel eager to make its way into one's tent.


    Today at 11:07 AM

  • Diana:
    "Beere hates stuffy stupid caves," he gruffly grumped after knocking his head on the ceiling again. At some point he'd gotten his hands on a lump of old wood for a makeshift torch, so at least their way was brightly lit by more than just glowing fungi.


    Today at 11:12 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I don't like them either," Mei-Ling said. "I wonder who made them...it seems like a vast amount of work for just those cultists..." she mused. Under other circumstances, she might have liked the caverns quite a lot more, given the opportunity to seek answers to questions of their age and manufacture.


    Today at 11:19 AM

  • Diana:
    "Elves," answered Beere quite confidently. "Scrawny, tall, dark, snotty elves." By the sounds of it, he wasn't too fond of elves. But considered there hadn't been any elven settlements of peoples in this part of the world for quite a long time it seemed odd. "Smells like old elf ass and buffalo dung down here!"


    Today at 11:26 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling gave the orc a fleeting smile. She rather doubted he would still be able to smell the makers, elvish or otherwise, seeing as the tunnels had been here long enough for the fungi to move in, and probably much longer. How could I have forgotten to ask?! she thought, inwardly kicking herself. "Were you injured at all in the last battle? I have healing arts, if you have need," she said softly.


    Today at 11:31 AM

  • Diana:
    "Beere is hale and hearty!" he bellowed with a mighty smack to his chest. The clank of his armor made a loud CLANG in the echoy caverns. He turned to give her a good examining squint himself. "Tiny human still all good too? Beere can carry five bodies for a good fortnight if needed!"


    Today at 11:35 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Yes, thank you," Mei-Ling replied. I don't think I want to know how he knows how many bodies he can carry, she thought. Where are the others? She cast a quick glance over her shoulder, but could not see or hear them in the inky darkness. I hope the drunk one didn't lead them off down a wrong turn...or that I haven't!


    Today at 11:41 AM

  • Diana:
    It felt like hours and hours had passed by, but at the same time it seemed like minutes by the time the narrow halls opened up into a big giant chamber. or at least, it seemed to be giant and endless! In every direction the stone was so smooth and clear that it was reflective. Like a house full of mirrors found in traveling carnivals. In every mirror they passed by their reflections were oddly distorted in different ways. Some tall and scrawny, others wide and wobbly. Yet in others the changes were much more impossibly unnatural. Sometimes the reflection on the other side of the mirror seemed like a completely different person...


    Today at 11:43 AM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Drawn to the mystery at first, Mei-Ling recoiled from a particularly ominous reflection. She took a slow, deep breath and re-gathered her focus, deliberately letting go of worries that she had no skill in detecting magical wards and traps. She opened her senses to the flow of her own arcane force, keeping her attention sharp in the hope that she might notice any subtle currents such might generate before she and Beer tripped them. With her eyes, she looked around for anything else that might be helpful, such as a track, or any item the Empress might have dropped to aid her rescuers in finding her.


    Today at 11:57 AM

  • Diana:
    Beere's reaction, of course, was to get startled by a particularly hideous reflection of himself and immediately try to punch it in the fact. The hard THUNK of his knuckles hitting solid stone was enough to make anyone cringe. At least they knew now that the reflective mirrors definitely weren't any normal sort of shatterable glass.


    Today at 12:00 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling did indeed flinch at the sound. "Are you alright?"


    Today at 12:03 PM

  • Diana:
    "Stupid tricksy elf garbage," he growled out. He seemed to be totally fine though, if irked. "There's a thousand blasted turns and twists in this elf be damned place!"


    Today at 12:07 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Try to bear with it," And said as he held his chicken to keep her from running amok. "It widens out here."


    Today at 12:09 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling jumped at the unexpected voice, but then smiled with relief. "Oh thank goodness!" And was the only one in their party who actually knew anything about these cultists. "What is this place?"


    Today at 12:12 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Unfortunately, I'm not sure. This is my first time finding a hidden passage in one of their bases." He frowned thoughtfully, then shook his head.


    Today at 12:14 PM

  • Diana:
    "Theeeeere yooou arrreee," a strange female voice echoed all through the cavern of mirrors. In some sections out of the corner of their eyes they could almost see a form dressed in deep blue silks passing by. "I've been waiting for you..."


    Today at 12:18 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Gods... this theatrical bitch," And sighed.


    Today at 12:18 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "We only want the Empress," Mei-Ling said. "Release her to us unharmed, and we will leave you in peace." As much as she doubted that the woman would agree, she was a diplomat, and that meant leading with diplomacy.


    Today at 12:22 PM

  • Diana:
    "The child you seek is not with me," responded the voice with a beautiful peel of laughter. "Yet you might find answers if you are not afraid to gaze deep..."


    Today at 12:24 PM

  • Diana:
    "Not about to trust no nasty ancient ass elf garbage," grumped Beere. "Just lookin' at these things is makin Beere's dinner upturn!"


    Today at 12:25 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Hmm... And nodded. "They were rude when..." He cut off and looked at Beere. "She's not an elf. Just... weird. I think."


    Today at 12:28 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    By an act of will, Mei-Ling managed not to roll her eyes. Of couuuuuuuurse a cryptic answer! "You know her?" she whispered to And.


    Today at 12:28 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Some. She loves riddles and drama. She tends to be honest, though, if vague."


    Today at 12:30 PM

  • Diana:
    "Gaze into your own eyes and you will see what has been hidden from you..." laughed the voice again, still staying out of direct sight as her gauzy form flitted between different reflections. "Or do not. The choice is yours. Know that time is not on your side..."


    Today at 12:32 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Thank you, young lady." And said as he began to do just that with one of the reflections.


    Today at 12:33 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling nodded. "I'll try. Please be ready," she said. She set her jade staff on end, allowing it to stand on its own, then traced a scrying sigil in the air with her fingers, looking into the eyes of one of her reflections.


    Today at 12:34 PM

  • Diana:
    Beere was not keen on this suggestion, but the other two were already trying it. With a shrug and a huff, he gazed into the closest reflection of his own self. The more handsome one, of course.


    Today at 12:35 PM

  • Diana:
    At first nothing happened. But soon the three felt themselves being pulled deep, deep, deep within a vision so real they could almost feel it on their skin. The vision showed an area surrounded by volcanic mountains. Red molten lava, Giant bleached skulls of old dragons and wooley mammoths. The child was screaming. A torrent of viscous blood. But then each saw something unique of their own - a fear. A great fear would be their challenge -- and more than likely their death.


    Today at 12:39 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling gasped when the vision shifted from images of the Empress screaming, and flowing blood--which were terrifying enough!--to a shifting, shadowy hulk of mouths and waving tendrils lit only by a pale, gangrenous glow from too many eyes. She had encountered imprisoned Minor Darklings in her Initiates' Apotropaics lessons. One of the missions of the Jade Temple was to defend Creation against intrusions of Darklings, creatures of the Depthless Void that consumed every living thing they touched. This one had to be a Greater Darkling at least, something far beyond the basic Apotropaics she had learned. Her best aptitudes had lain elsewhere, so she had become a diplomat and healer, rather than a warrior monk and Apotropaics master. I hope that is just a phantasm of fear, and not a thing I must actually face!


    Today at 1:00 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And stood in the town square. Everything was quiet despite the crowd around and below him. A plucked chicken turned on a spit. A masked man declared him a necromancer, and his ex-wife verified it.


    49 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Beere was FEARLESS -- or at least he thought he always had been! As he looked into the eyes of the vision and saw a future where a child was murdered for the gains of an evil cult, he found the bodies of his dead companions strew across the battlefield, so mangled that not even the greatest of necromancers could put them back together again. Everywhere was death, death and more death for eons to come!


    48 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    As the visions parted the party could see something faded in the background. The child empress walking through a deep snowy forest with her hand holding a cloaked stranger's. The trail was fading fast, but the bark of the trees were a familiar site to Mei-Ling.


    44 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And, still shaken, began to run after the child. Paul flapped her wings in protest.


    41 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And ran into the wall, chicken first.
    Reactions: View

    24 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Those trees...I've seen them before! The White Forest! Do you think she could be there?" Mei-Ling asked And, "or is it a trick to lead us astray? Do you know where the place with the skulls and lava is?"


    23 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    "Go to where the trees are as white as the snow that falls before the light of the next full moon..." instructed the lady of the mirrors. "But should you fail to reach the child before the Dark Ones do, nothing but rivers of flame will flow."


    19 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And gently patted Paul. "Thank you, young lady." He looked to the others. "We should hurry. I think I can raise a dragon near here to ride..."


    15 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling nodded, and followed And's lead. 'Raise a dragon?' That certainly sounds like a helpful ability! she thought.


    11 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Beere still looked dubious but he wasn't about to give up on this lucrative endeavor. "Aye! Let us get on our way before the trail goes cold again! This youngling is harder to find than a dwarf lassie's bean!"


    11 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    It took Mei-Ling a moment to figure out what Beere was talking about; she hoped the big orc didn't see her blush.


    7 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And went still, then looked to Beere. "What a way to tell everyone you're a bad lover..."


    7 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    And with that filthy note, the party had a new lead on the Child Empress -- she and a mysterious stranger are traveling through the White Forest. Will the gang reach them before the cultists find the child again? Will someone eat the chicken? Find out next time on THE SEARCH FOR THE CHILD EMPRESS.
 
  • @Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE ROYAL PARADE! OFFICIAL EVENT CHARP! Royal Parade - July 16th @ 12PM Noon Central
    Today at 12:30 PM​
  • @Diana:
    You are attending the parade either as a city dweller, a visitor from elsewhere, and possibly even a royal noble participating in the parade.
    Today at 12:30 PM​
  • @Diana:
    HOT TIP: Write your character's name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who.
    Today at 12:30 PM​
  • @Diana:
    REMEMBER: Actions have consequences! Choose wisely how your character acts and reactions to things, for stuff will happen back!
  • @Diana:
    Keep an eye on posts in this bold yellow, because they are Game Master Posts and often contain important details you need to be aware of.
    Today at 12:30 PM​
  • @Diana:
    KEEP IT BRIEF: Charps are an exercise in writing concise! Keep posts under ten sentences and type quickly. Don't worry about typos and doing things perfect.
    Today at 12:31 PM​
  • @Diana:
    If you get lost or make a mistake, don't fret! I'm in the main chat to help guide you through anything if there is a problems. All my charps are NEWBIE FRIENDLY.
    Today at 12:31 PM​
  • @Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 12:32 PM​
  • @Diana:
    The Royal Parade in the grand capital of Vundergren couldn't have been hosted on a better day. The sun shone bright in the sky, the temperature was cool, but comfortable, and the air smelled of sweetcakes and goose legs. Most of the crowds were gathered in the city square, watching as caravans of different families wandered by waving. The parade itself was nearing it's last hour, which meant some of the most famous and powerful nobles in the land were soon to do the walk.
    Today at 12:56 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline munched on a small sweet cake, watching as the caravans passed on by. The crowd was huge, but she found herself being quite content just eating and watching while she wandered.
    Today at 1:01 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    Her expression couldn't be more merrier. The fragrant smells wafting from the food stalls, and the cool air accompanying it, who could ask for more? Not her. Chuckling softly, Tyraine would glance over towards her friend Adeline who seemed to be stuffing her mouth with a sweet cake. Perhaps, she'd have to get herself one as well as the two of them walked. "Are you enjoying yourself, Adeline?" She inquired curiously, her eyes glancing towards the other woman as they strolled through the crowded streets.
    Today at 1:07 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma walked around the food tables, hiding under the covers and trying not to get attention to himself. The boy hated attention from anyone. However, he did get distracted by how many women that were at the event. Why was there no handsome men?!
    Today at 1:11 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline smiled kindly at her friend Tyraine, nodding. They'd come to the parade together. "Do you want a bite?" she held out the bit she hadn't bitten into just yet.
    Today at 1:13 PM​
  • @Diana:
    Next in the parade lineup was a bunch of jesters in creepy dragon masks, all playing up the energy of the crowd as they bounced around doing tricks and acrobatics. Including spitting fire and those dreadful "haha got your nose" tricks.
    Today at 1:14 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Admittedly, the whole display of jesters made Adeline nervous. She wasn't quite a fan of having her nose stolen... But she didn't have time to think about that, when she'd briefly gotten distracted by all of the noise, bumping into Kenma. She'd nearly dropped her sweet cake, immediately turning red. "Oh! I'm sorry, um, are you okay?"
    Today at 1:16 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    The woman, would give her companion a small smile. "If that's alright with you." She replied, pausing to look towards the jesters walking by. Watching them walk by in lanky walks, almost as if on purpose to appease the crowd. That was until, several of them began pulling some sort of trick she had never seen before. In truth, she herself wasn't all that impressed when one in particular passed by after having done it to her. Scrunching up her nose, she'd turn her head away before giving the jester who had done it the ole' stink eye until, eventually he skittered away. Meanwhile, she'd return her attention back to Adeline blinking but, her gaze would immediately turn from her to the young man she had run into.
    Today at 1:18 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma ended up falling on his ass, letting out an **opmh** sound. He tilted his head at the women before standing up "I-Im sorry, It was my fault!" he tried to be brave. However he started to panic, struggling to talk to humans. Kenma ended up falling back down in a state of panic, how did he talk to girls?!
    Today at 1:20 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    The man had fallen over, looking quite flustered himself. It seemed like they were stuck like that for a moment: two tomato faces and Tyraine. Adeline attempted a smile, extending her free hand to help him up. "Um, no, don't worry about it. I wasn't looking where I was going... Those jesters will be the death of me."
    Today at 1:23 PM​
  • @Diana:
    It seemed most of the adult crowd hated the jesters, but some conversations could be overheard that "at least they were better than the clowns last year". Several cheers erupted suddenly! Another noble family was up next! These Lords and Ladies of the marshlands weren't very powerful, but they often involved in the kind of gossip everyone loved to talk about.
    Edited
    Today at 1:23 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma nodded slowly and took her free hand, getting back up. He looked around "I-I don't really know much about this place, Im not supposed to be here but came anyway" he admitted. The boy got himself a glass of Vodka even though he was underage, drinking it.
    Today at 1:25 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    Raising an eyebrow, she looked between the two. "Perhaps, meant more for kids than for us. Those jesters." Tyraine sighed lightly, her eyes traveling across the crowds. A slight uproar, having caught her attention when the next part of the parade came up. Judging by how an elegant design decorated it's exterior, paired by beautiful steeds, she couldn't help but recognize it as another noble's carriage. A few children followed it at least until, their parents ushered them back. Turning her gaze away, she'd look back towards the man that Adeline had bumped into. "Neither do we though, that's part of the fun isn't it?"
    Today at 1:28 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline eyed the crowd as it swelled in anticipation for the nobles. Truthfully, their appearances didn't interest her much, but perhaps this person would care? She doubted Tyraine would, regardless. When the boy was finally up, by the time Adeline had looked at him again, he was holding a drink. She frowned, smelling the scent of alcohol and exchanging a glance with her friend. "Er... I didn't know they sold such strong spirits here."
    Today at 1:29 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    He would let out a playful giggle, now becoming quite drunk from what he had just swallowed "Im a kid myself you know!". Kenma thought for a moment "Im Kenma and im only fifteen" he said before letting out a hickup.
    Today at 1:31 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    The red-headed lady, would blink before glancing towards Adeline. Had the boy really just confessed that he was underage? Not only that but, her uneasy gaze glanced down at the glass before, back up to him. "Well, sir. I'm not exactly... A child." She spoke slowly, rolling her tongue in a way he could understand in his intoxicated state. "Plus, I think you should have a sweet cake instead... Don't you?" Tyraine chuckled, moving to drape an arm across the young man's back. Her real intentions however, would be to snatch up the partial empty glass.
    Today at 1:35 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Drunk so soon? Adeline shuffled nervously, watching as the underage boy continued to drink in front of them. Oh, she was not good at dealing with things like these. "Um..." she started, but it seemed Tyraine understood. She watched as the other attempted to retrieve the glass, attempting to look normal about the whole thing.
    Today at 1:38 PM​
  • @Diana:
    In many places no one cares about children drinking. But in the country of Vundergren, sixteen is generally acceptable. ...This young man definitely isn't sixteen yet, and he's drinking some of the strongest vodka in the country!
    Today at 1:42 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    The blonde haired boy would watch her announce that she wasn't a kid, hiccuping "I never said you were a kid" pouting softly. Kenma now had a flush on his cheeks, drinking more of the glass that he shouldn't have had before. He heard them mention cake and imideitly perked up "C-Cake! Yes please!" he said excietedly, eyes starting to sparkle like he was in some sort of anime. Kenma noticed they were trying to steal his glass and pulled away, acting like a child "THIS IS MY GLASS, DONT TAKE IT!"
    Today at 1:43 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline made a face, embarrassed as the boy began to yell, causing quite a ruckus, even in the loud crowd. She reached for the glass with her free hand as the boy pulled away from Tyraine, trying her hardest to be helpful to her friend. "You can have the rest of my sweet cake if you just give me your glass-" Her attempt at a scolding tone wasn't particularly strong, but she managed to get a hand on the boy's wrist.
    Today at 1:46 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma would hiss like he was a cat, whimpering and whining when she grabbed his wrist and took his drink "that was mine!" he yelled like a toddler. He was causing quite a ruckass but not one that would alert other people in the crowd. The blonde haired boy would start to sulk, folding his arms and pouting "your a meanie!" he sniffled, starting to cry.
    Today at 1:48 PM​
  • @Diana:
    G A S P. SUddenly the crowd sounded surprised and whispering echoed through all the little groups of people. It seemed, a particularly interesting royal noble was about to do the walk!
    Today at 1:50 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    Blinking, she'd stare at the young blonde with a blank face. His cheeks were flushed red, voice loopy, and his eyelids looked more than a little lidded. "Oh?" She hummed, glancing towards his glass with a slight frown when he took another swig. It must have given her away because, she would watch Kenma pull away from her resting arm. Thankfully, Adeline had decided to take action while she herself took a step forwards. Glancing around, hoping not many were drawn by his insistent screeching, she'd turn to Kenma. "Listen, darlin'. How about we get you a few fresh sweet cakes in return?"
    Today at 1:50 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma continued to sniffle and cry, rubbing his face as one of the women offered some sweet cakes. He thought about it before nodding "O-Okay....If you say so" grumbling under his breath. The child was a spoiled one, he hated not getting his own way but at the same time, he was shy and rather naive.
    Today at 1:51 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Stuffing the rest of her sweet cake in her mouth, Adeline used both of her hands to get the boy's drink, now holding it herself... Despite not particularly knowing what to do with it, especially with that horrid whining of his, especially when the crowd was quieting. Thankfully, Tyraine had it under control. Adeline stepped closer to Tyraine, frowning, "Er... What do I do with this?" she whispered, holding up the half-empty glass. The smell of the alcohol within was overwhelming.
    Today at 1:52 PM​
  • @Diana:
    Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of her name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins... was nothing more than a 9 year old child, wearing a heavy bear fur cloak and a crown that was clearly far too large for her head. Still, she walked with her chin up flanked at every side by a host of guards. No one expected the child to be there, not in her first year as a ruler, but her advisors had insisted it was a good idea.
    Today at 1:53 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    He looked up at the glass with his runny eyes, sniffling "you took my drink away... meanie!". Kenma wanted it back because it tasted awfully sweet and it was rather addictive. The boy ended up getting away from both of them for a short second, sitting under the table where he couldn't be seen. The male ended up getting another glass and starting to drink again.
    Today at 1:56 PM​
  • @Diana:
    Clearly, what the boy had gotten into wasn't actually vodka, but the wonderful sweet wine imported in. Good in it not being the strong vodka, but bad because wine drunk was a bad drunk to be.
    Today at 1:59 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    The group of guards moving through the crowd alerted Adeline to the presence of the Empress herself... Who was a child. Right. She'd heard the murmurs, but she was certainly... Far younger than she'd assumed when the whispers had stated "child". She thought maybe 12 or something of that nature! Regardless, the boy managed to get away from them, making Adeline sigh deeply. "Are we supposed to babysit this boy?" she mumbled, looking to Tyraine, the boy's previous glass still in her hand. "He's getting drunker by the minute."
    Today at 2:00 PM​
  • @Diana:
    "What an adorable child!" A young woman nearby said. "This was a bad idea," someone else whispered to a friend. "She is the last heir to her country!" Something shiny glinted from a window high above the crowd. ...wait, was that an arrow being aimed down below?!
    Today at 2:01 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    The corner of her lip twitched, most likely in irritation. She wanted to watch the parade. That was after all, why she as well as Adeline had snuck out to be here. Opening her mouth, Tyraine wanted to say something but, fell short. She hadn't had the time to do so. Their little brat, decided to flee from them, and hide himself underneath one of the nearby tables. Slapping her right palm to her face, she'd grit her teeth, fuming. "He's really not our problem." She agreed, looking to Adeline. "But,-" The young woman began, only to be cut off by another young woman's voice. Blinking, she closed her partially agape mouth, eyes narrowing as she looked towards the crowd. Turning away from Kenma, Tyraine's eyes soon looked towards the slight glint coming through one of the windows.
    Today at 2:03 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma didn't care that they knew he had left, he was sipping at the alcohol. He got drunk rather easily which would cause a mess for these two lovely ladies. The male ended up with his whole cheeks red, stumbling over to the ladies and crashing into Adeline, knocking her off her feet and if that wasn't enough already, he puked on her.
    Today at 2:10 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    It was true, he wasn't their problem, specifically... But now he was, considering the fact that he'd bumped straight into Adeline and vomited all over her nice dress. The shock took a moment to process, her yelp erupting from her throat when she'd taken the tumble, but the wetness now coating her clothes quickly brought her back to reality. Almost instinctively, she shoved the boy off of her, her face bright red. "What is your problem?" she rambled, mortified, only pausing when a glint of light hit her eye. What was that? She'd spilled the glass she'd been holding, leaving a mess all around them, but she was quite certain the light was coming from above.
    Today at 2:14 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma hit his head on the ground, whimpering at the impact but it did set him right a little bit. He looked over at Adeline and the puke that was now on her pretty dress "I-I-I...Im sorry...." He apologised with horror in his face, why the hell did he drink what he drank?! Kenma still felt a little loopy considering how much of the strong alcohol he had consumed, puking on the floor this time.
    Today at 2:16 PM​
  • @Diana:
    PFFFFT! It was indeed an arrow! It fired down into the parade, nearly hitting the tiny child Empress. Screams erupted into all directions as those creepy jester in their dragon masks suddenly all pulled up weapons. People started running everywhere! "Guard the Empress!" a guard shouted.
    Today at 2:17 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    Her stomach churned, when her attention was pulled away from the child. Soon enough, her eyes looked at the puke that now covered the front of Adeline's dress. Well, it was ruined now. The smell however, was truly horrid but, she could only stare at the boy with a slight frown. "This is wh--," Tyraine began, flinching when a sudden uproar of screams came from the crowd. Soon, people pushing past, and scattering amongst one another as the guards surrounded the child. Over the blur of various different colors rushing past, she barely had time to notice that the jesters from earlier, were now armed.
    Edited
    Today at 2:19 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    The boy was spooked by what was happening, hearing all the chaos....what the hell was happening?! He sat up all groggy, glancing at the two women before looking over at the creepy jesters. Why did the Jesters have guns? What the fuck was this place?! Kenma looked at the guards that surrounded the small child, she was even younger then him!
    Edited
    Today at 2:22 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Everything that could've gone wrong was going wrong. Adeline barely had time to find something to help her clean herself up, with the crowd going into a frenzy as screams erupted. The jesters unsheathed weapons, making her heart nearly stop in her chest. Quickly, she forgot both her dirtied clothes and the drunk boy, grabbing at Tyraine's wrist, "We have to run, now!" she said hurriedly, fear in her expression.
    Today at 2:23 PM​
  • @Diana:
    So much screaming! As the jesters with swords stabbed their way through the crowd trying to get to the child empress, the guards were attempted to push their way through and protect their monarch. People were shoving each other to flee and some brave souls were trying to fight the jesters.
    Today at 2:27 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma gasped when they left him, what the hell! He was a child! "Stupid adults" he mumbled under his breath, trying to think on what the hell he could do. He ended up puking for the last time, a groan escaping him. However because he wasnt thinking straight, Kenma did the most stupidest thing he could ever have done. He reached for a rock that was in his arm length then threw it at the lead jester, yelling "STOP ATTACKING RANDOM PEOPLE FOR A CHILD , YOU PUSSIES!" , tumbling back over.
    Today at 2:29 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    The young woman, stared angrily at the jesters in their silly masks. "Why, is it that every time we try to enjoy ourselves. Shit like this happens." She cursed furiously, her velveteen-lashes shading those icy-eyes of hers. First the drunk boy, and now armed jesters which people had already boo'd from earlier. Perhaps, they wanted revenge. Nevertheless, her attention was pulled away from the chaos to her friend who had gripped her wrist. "What, now?" Tyraine scoffed, pulling her hand back to look back at the parade. "We're getting to the best part!" She frowned, noticing a few of the citizens in the crowd fighting back against the now advancing jesters. Glancing around, her eyes soon landed on the sweet cake that had rested on the ground from where Adeline had fell. Picking it up, she'd smirk at Adeline, only to turn and throw the pastry at one of the advancing jesters.
    Today at 2:29 PM​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    Someone who'd been stabbed suddenly grabbed their attacker. Another corpse did the same, bear-hugging the jester. More and more, the dead began to rise and disable the attacking jesters, some before they even hit the ground.
    Today at 2:30 PM​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    Nearby, an old man hid in the shadows, a chicken on his shoulder pecking at his messy hair. This man was And, a necromancer who got caught up in the festivities on his way to a bookstore.
    Today at 2:31 PM​
  • @Diana:
    The jesters had no fear of the dead rising, for they were on a mission. They fought their way through the zombies, even as some of the crowd rebelled and tried to fight them off. The child empress's guards too were part of the fight, trying to help people run and escape. But... oh no! Where did the child empress disappear to!? She wasn't with her guards!
    Today at 2:32 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline quite valued being alive. She certainly did enjoy not being impaled by jesters and she planned on making sure she didn't do that... But Tyraine seemed to have other ideas, throwing a cake. Adeline gasped aloud, fear flooding her body, but the surprises kept coming. The dead began to rise, adding even more panic to the ruckus. Still, Adeline wouldn't abandon her friend, nervously sticking close to her. "Tyraine, it's not safe here," she pleaded, tugging on her dress, "I don't even know how to fight!"
    Today at 2:33 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma noticed that the child wasn't there anymore, stumbling to his feet and starting to look around. He stayed away from all the jesters as he searched for her, kids should stick together right?! However, the drunken boy who could have a concussion managed to bump into an old man.
    Today at 2:34 PM​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    The dead rose again, always aiming to disable the jesters rather than kill. Most of them had been unarmed in life, anyway. And oversaw his undead, right until a distraction bumped into him. Strong arms wrapped around the young man and pulled him away from the fray. "Stay hidden," he ordered sharply, eyes on the chaos.
    Today at 2:36 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    The boy was rather startled when these strong arms wrapped around him, struggling like an idiot because he thought he was getting kidnapped. He kicked the old man's right kneecap, "L-Let me go" he ordered, hicuping as he fell on his ass.
    Today at 2:38 PM​
  • @Diana:
    A small little face peered out from under a table near the two ladies. The giant crown was gone and so was the massive bear cloak, but the nine year old empress was still recognizable in her violet gown. She seemed to be frantically looking for a place to run to.
    Today at 2:38 PM​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    And hissed, then glared at the boy. "Fine," he grunted, then practically threw the by further into the alley. The chicken fluttered after the boy, then started to peck violently at him, because how dare he hurt her husband! Even if And didn't feel the same way about her...
    Today at 2:41 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    The boy would hiss again, violently screaming at the chicken and drawing some attention to himself from other people in the surroundings. Kenma grabbed her by her wing and threw her at the wall "Bad chicken!", scolding her like she was a dog
    Today at 2:43 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    They were so persistent. Stabbing through crowds, and... corpses? Blinking, she had to do a re-take yet, her companion was right. Things were escalating out of control. Tsking, she'd look to her friend but, paused. Another child, one familiar yet, so much smaller than the previous was hiding under a table nearby. Grumbling, she would have wanted to just leave the scene yet, they couldn't just leave them be. Hurrying over, Tyraine would grab the smaller girl by the wrist before tugging her to her feet. "Come on, stick with us. We'll get you out of here." Tyraine sighed, looking to Adeline before gesturing for her friend to hurry.
    Today at 2:44 PM​
  • @Diana:
    Running was a good idea, for now the Knights of Vundergren had descended into the square to try and help quell the chaos. Flee! Flee while you can!
    Today at 2:46 PM​
  • @Diana:
    The child looked up at Tyraine with wide scared eyes and didn't say a word, but she nodded and stayed close to her and Adeline.
    Today at 2:47 PM​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    A whisper by Tyraine's ear carried the voice of a dead child from the crowd. "I'm scared! I'm scared!" The child started to attack, but And reached out a hand in that direction, and the child went quiet, then turned and looked at And. "Oh... Someone nice..." She began to fly towards And, sometimes through people, until And caught her and hugged her.
    Today at 2:48 PM​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    And spoke to the little ghost. "Hush, now. What comes next is your choice. Please rest," he urged.
    Today at 2:49 PM​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    Paul squawked and flew right back at the bad-natured boy, wings flapping wildly and beak ready for action until a sudden click of And's tongue stopped her in her tracks. She looked back at him. "Get back here, you damned bird," And muttered, and she obeyed.
    Today at 2:50 PM​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Cowering under the table near them, in all the chaos... Was the Empress herself. Adeline's heart immediately broke, seeing the fear in the girl's face, stumbling over through the mess with Tyraine, who seemed to have the same idea. With the young girl agreeing to go with them, there was only one question... Where to? Adeline's gaze searched through the crowd, before seeing an opening a bit further to the right, pushing through the mob. "This way!" she exclaimed.
    Today at 2:50 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma watched from the background, he was frightened of the whole situation in general....maybe he should just get more wine and flop unconscious. He did consider doing this but stopped himself when he realised what he had just done to that poor bird "Im sorry for hurting your bird....Im kind of drunk" he giggled. The boy must of seemed off his head.
    Today at 2:51 PM​
  • @Dittles:
    Tugging the girl along, she followed her companion through the crowd. The child was a little slow for her taste so, she eventually found herself carrying the nine-year old bridal style. Thankfully, she weighed next to nothing as they began to flee the scene. Ignoring clashing of steel, jesters, and of course the undead. Whatever was happening well, Tyraine wanted no part of it now. The jesters had been one thing yet, she didn't fancy staying around should the undead decide to cannibalize them afterwards.
    Today at 2:53 PM​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    "She's fine... For now, stay hidden," And urged. He watched the two people who'd found the little Empress. He used his magic to instruct the undead to open a path to the alley he lurked in, but didn't shout.
    Today at 2:53 PM​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    If he shouted, And thought the jesters and any other attackers would head to him. Best to be quiet.
    Today at 2:54 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma nodded and decided to crawl, not wanting to cause a scene with his wobbly walking. The boy was actually starting to listen for once, was it because he was scared? No one knows!
    Today at 2:56 PM​
  • @Diana:
    The child clung to Tyraine, saying not a single word and practically shaking with fear. Luckily she was such a tiny thing for a nine year old!
    Today at 2:59 PM​
  • @Diana:
    With the small group sequestered in the alley, they seemed to be safely out of sight of the crowds, guards, and murderous jesters. They could still hear the screams in the near-distance though. There must have been more than just the jesters hiding in wait for the assassination. The group had a tiny empress that was in danger. What do they do next?!
    Today at 3:00 PM​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma heard the scream and found himself trembling "W-What do we do?" he asked in no more then a whisper. The boy wanted to be able to do something but with his noodle legs and intoxicated mind, there was no way he could do anything!
    58 minutes ago​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Now in an alleyway, they were further from the imminent danger but it was clear that the threat still lingered. The screaming made Adeline cringe, throwing a glance back but trying not to get too distracted. "... Should we hide her in a building, Tyraine?" she looked to her friend for her input on the plan, eyes scanning the buildings nearby to see if there was anywhere they could get the Empress out of sight.
    56 minutes ago​
  • @Dittles:
    It was just wonderful! First, sneaking out to come watch the parade. Second, she was stuck with yet, another child. And lastly, undead were showing up to fight the said jesters. Some parade. Still, she felt relived when they found some form of shelter. At least, from any arrows that might hit them in the back. Looking behind them, making sure nobody had followed, her gaze soon landed on a strange old man-- and that brat from earlier. Which still seemed intoxicated. "No," Tyraine began, looking to her companion. "We'd get trapped in it."
    54 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    And greeted the trio of newcomers. "Here," he said as he stepped nearer to them, "I'll cover you." He removed his shirt, revealing the muscles of someone who worked out regularly, the brands of a necromancer, and a ruby amulet on a silver chain, and offered it over. "Put this on the girl and roll up the sleeves. They're looking for a girl with a purple dress." His blue-eyed gaze moved to the drunk boy. "You know the city? Take them somewhere safe. I'll cover you." His voice was harsh and abrupt from lack of socialization, but his expression was gentle.
    51 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma noticed that the two ladies had the princess on their back, watching her tremble in fear. And was being so kind to the newcomers but shook his head when he asked about him knowing this city "I-I wasn't supposed to be here.....I don't know the city very well at all"
    50 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    "Are we going to die?" The child ask in a tiny voice, looking her wide eyes at Tyraine as if she were the Empress and not herself. At the older man and his shirt, she didn't look too keen or trusting. The little empress clung to Tyraine.
    50 minutes ago​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    The kid who had vomited on her was there, which had caught her attention, but Adeline tried not to pay him any attention. She wasn't one to hold grudges, but frankly, she was pissed that he'd taken it upon himself to cause such trouble and ruin the only pretty dress she owned. And then there was the old man in the alley, a new mystery on his own. Still, there were other problems at hand. Tyraine's input made her frown, but she nodded. "You're right..." But then the old man began to speak. She blinked, shocked at his words, but looked to Tyraine, making a face, "I... I suppose we should try to get to the outskirts of the city then?"
    50 minutes ago​
  • @Dittles:
    The young red-headed lady, narrowed her pointed gaze at the elderly man though, more so when he stripped himself of his shirt. "..." Saying nothing, she would glance at the shirt as he handed it over. "No," Tyraine replied sternly, looking down at the young child with a straight face. "Otherwise, we'd already be dead." She scoffed coldly, momentarily letting the small child stand on her own two feet. Turning to the strange man, she'd take the shirt from him, glancing back to the young child. "He's right. If they're looking for you, sugar. We need to put you in a disguise. Stand still for me, okay?" Tyraine hummed softly, kneeling while tugging the young girl's dress up, and over her head. Preventing the elderly man, intoxicated boy, and Adeline herself from peeking past her frame. Soon enough, she stood once again, small girl in her arms with the shirt on in how the man had wanted it. Not much of a disguise but, still better than a dress.
    44 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma looked at Adeline, he had vomited on her dress and felt guilty about it, not speaking to her. He went silent and started thinking about what the hell they were going to do, if they went out that way then they would be killed. Then it all clicked, there was a house around here that had a hatch in it, if they could get in that hatch then they would be safe. Kenma stumbled to his feet and started walking away from them all "Im going to try and find a way out for us all" he mumbled.
    41 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    "This shirt smells like chickens," complain the Empress. At least for Tyraine she was willing to talk and behave, but she still gave the older man and the teenage boy plenty of dissastified looks. The chicken, on the other hand, she was immediately very interested in!
    41 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    And blinked, then shook his head with a small smile. "It would have fit over the dress, but good call. Hide it so it's not found by the pursuers, either with you or not. A few dirt smudges to her hair and face should help the disguise. "Keep Paul with you. She'll protect small children, even if she hates women."
    40 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    The old man picked up the chicken and offered her to the empress. "Paul, be nice. This girl needs help. I'll come get you later."
    40 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "I'm sooo late! This is going to be a disaster!" Mei-Ling muttered as she hurried toward the grand avenue where the parade was supposed to be held. The winds had picked the worst possible time to die down, and so the young Ambassador of the Jade Temple found herself running as fast as she could without making a complete mess of her formal silk robes. But as she approached, she heard...screams? People started running past her in a panic, jostling her as their numbers grew. Mei-Ling was knocked back, stumbling into an alley, where there was a group of people...with a child. "Excuse me, what is..." Then she noticed certain details. One of the males appeared to be drunk, and one of the females had vomit on her dress. And most importantly, there was a child with them...and one of them was putting a shirt on her to conceal her gown. "Is that...the Empress?" Mei-Ling sank into a back stance and shifted her sigil-inscribed jade staff into a guard position.
    39 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    Paul clucked and stared at the little empress, then stopped and stared at the newcomer. The bird stared, then lunged at Mei-Ling, wings flapping and beak pecking.
    38 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    The child hugged the chicken at least until it flew out of her arms to attack, looking at Mei-Ling with a lofty frown. "I am Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of my name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins." Probably not a good thing for her to announce to anyone, but she was just a nine year old child, now without her guards and her royal advisors.
    36 minutes ago​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    There was really too much going on. Adeline was frazzled, stuck close to Tyraine as the chicken was offered to the child, but it escaped towards the new lady who had approached. "We... We don't have time for this...!" she sighed in exasperation, seeing that the chicken seemed to be needed for the sake of keeping the Empress from worrying, since she was visibly interested in it. "Let's get the chicken and go!"
    36 minutes ago​
  • @Dittles:
    "Chickens, still smell better than death." She mumbled, rolling her eyes at the child's comment. "...Paul?" Tyraine blinked, raising a brow but, soon stared blankly at a chicken that had been handed to them. Looking up from the empress, chicken, she'd look at the man as if he was nuts. A chicken?! How the hell was that going to help them? Sighing, she decided not to ask rather, they needed to get going. "Whatever, let's get going." She frowned, beginning to walk yet, paused upon seeing another woman. "Yes, now if you missed eve-" Tyraine began, only to stare eye twitching as the chicken suddenly lunged at the newcomer. Growling, she'd clutch the child a little tighter, ignoring the scene happening in front of them as she rushed past. "C'mon, Paul! Leave her alone we got more important things to do! You can peck someone's eyes out later!"
    34 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    The last thing Mei-Ling expected was to be attacked by a chicken. She tried using blocks and kicks at reduced strength to fend the bird off without hurting it. Through the blur of feathered wings and talons, she saw that the Empress was clinging to one of the people she was with. "Empress, are you alright?"
    34 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    "Paul! Down! Friend!" And ordered, and Paul became peaceful... though not without some attitude in her beady birdy eyes.
    33 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    "Come, Paul! We must away to safety!" called the little Empress until she finally had the chicken clutched safely in her arms again. She eyed Mei-Ling distrustfully, but she nodded quickly.
    31 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "I am Ambassador Mei-Ling of the Jade Temple. My ship was late...what is happening here?" she said, glad that the bird had ceased its attacks and the Empress did not seem to be being kidnapped.
    31 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma was already off, looking for this house that he remembered and he found it within minutes of searching. The boy however turned around to be met by two jesters, trembling at how angry they seemed. Kenma bit his lip before shouting out "I know where she is!" In a state of panic.
    30 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    And looked to the girl and knelt. "Don't introduce yourself to strangers for now. You're in danger. Stay safe and hidden with these people."
    30 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    A couple undead lunged at the jesters from behind and pinned their arms, then smacked the two together. The undeads' heads weren't attached all the way anymore.
    29 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    The jesters cornering Kenma, who stupidly wandered away from the group, pointed their weapons at him. "Where is the Empress, then?!" They demanded to know. "Lie to us and die." At least until the undead knocked them unconscious.
    28 minutes ago​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    With the chicken safely in the Empress' arms again, Adeline tugged at Tyraine's dress. "Let's go!" she exclaimed, turning to Mei-Ling with something akin to determination in her eyes, "Either come with us to protect the Empress or stay behind to fend those things off, please."
    27 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "We are allies," Mei-Ling said. "I will help protect you to the best of my ability. But I am not a warrior," the young woman said nervously.
    27 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma watched in shock before running off but he had stupidly gone the wrong way, right into more Jesters. He looked at them with confidence "I know where the Empress is....Just dont attack me okay!" he yelled. The boy looked at them and hoped they would take his bait.
    27 minutes ago​
  • @Dittles:
    "Blah blah blah." She snapped irritated, now very annoyed by people with such long titles. "Well, it seems like we're being attacked." Tyraine feigned innocence, while her long strides carried them hurriedly across the pavement after replying to Mei-Ling. Ignoring Kenma, as well as the scuffle happening behind them. For now, she, Adeline, and the empress needed to find somewhere to hide or some sort of transport. "Hmm... Which way?" She growled quietly, her eyes darting about until she spotted a carriage. "There! Let's borrow that."
    26 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Yes," Mei-Lin said, following Adeline so she could stay close to the Empress. "If we can get to the port, my ship can take us to sea."
    25 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    These jesters pretty much had the exact same threats to make. They wanted to know where the child Empress was, or they were just going to kill him on the spot.
    25 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    The carriage seemed to be safe and without passengers or creepy jesters nearby. It was there was the taking!
    23 minutes ago​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline would've laughed at Tyraine being so quick to brush off titles, but the situation was a bit too dire for that. She followed behind quickly, leaving the group behind and nodding when Tyraine pointed out the carriage. Quickly, Adeline climbed up, putting her hands out so Tyraine could hand her the Empress. "You can drive this thing, right?" she asked her friend, trying to get situated so they could make their quick escape.
    23 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    So far she had seen only glimpses of the apparent combatants--fighters in peculiar costumes, and undead. But she hadn't seen enough to know which force were the attackers, unless it was both.
    22 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma heard what they said and what threats they made, looking around "She was saved by these women who scurried into that back ally, if you get there quickly then she will probably still be there" he told them which was the truth. It seemed like Kenma was going to get the Empress dead but that wasn't his intention. The boy was taught how to defend himself back when he was with his aweful rescuers. The boy was not aware that they had left the ally already.
    22 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    And frowned as the spirits of the dead relayed to him Kenma's doings. He glanced back to the others. "Get going," he ordered, "The dead are on your side."
    20 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    On Kenma's tip, the jesters ran off towards the alley as quick as they could. They were now on the trail of the Empress and the others, if they don't hurry!
    20 minutes ago​
  • @Dittles:
    Lifting the small child up, she'd hand the girl to her friend who was ready. "Go with her okay? I have to drive." She smiled sweetly, for once. Glancing at Adeline, she shrugged. "Probably, though shouldn't be too hard." Tyraine chuckled, seemingly joking... or not? Pulling herself into the seat, she'd glance at Mei-Ling, reigns now in hand. "Just get inside." She sighed, wondering why it was she was the one babysitting. After that, she waited for the others to get inside, only then did she crack the reigns.
    19 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma smirked and walked around to find his backpack that he had left behind, grabbing it and pulling it to the side where he was safe. He opened the backpack and pulled out a gun, shoving enough amo into his pockets. He began to follow where the jesters had gone, shooting one in the back of the head without giving any mercy.
    18 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    The Empress settled in the carriage with her new chicken friend, Paul. She still looked a little scared, but the adults had everything in hand so far. She hoped!
    18 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling climbed into the carriage and positioned herself to cast spells. Once the carriage got underway, she traced her hands to form a sigil in the air, then unleashed it, causing a wall of fire to appear across the road behind them. It was only an illusion, but hopefully the attackers would not know that...
    18 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    Paul clucked and kept alert, head darting in every direction as she, like a guard dog, kept watch.
    18 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    And scowled as he called a dead child's body to put on the empress's dress. She looked faintly like the empress, but covered in blood, it would have to be good enough.
    17 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    It seems like this fifteen year old garbage teenager was faking his drunkeness after all! (And clearly just like ruining the nice dresses of pretty ladies.)
    16 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    Meanwhile, the rising dead worked their best to occupy and disable the attackers, and as those attackers fell, their bodies joined the undead.
    16 minutes ago​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline held onto the Empress, seating her down beside her in the carriage and keeping an arm around her, just to be safe. The moment Mei-Ling joined them, the reigns cracked and Tyraine had them set off. The ride was bumpy, but stable enough for her to trust in Tyraine's ability to keep it from tipping over. "Don't worry." she cooed softly to the child, "We'll get out of here soon. Just sit tight."
    16 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma began to run from the jesters, he was going to die if he didnt get the hell out of here. He ran back to where his backpack was, grabbing it and tossing it onto his shoulders. The child ran straight threw and managed to get down a different ally, holding the gun tightly.
    14 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Well...so much for an easy assignment! Mei-Ling thought. This was her first assignment, chosen because the Temple had long had a peaceful relationship with Vundergren. But now Mei-Ling couldn't help but feel she was in way over her head.
    13 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Do we know who is doing this? Or why?" Mei-Ling asked.
    13 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    The undead child, dressed to match the Empress, melted into the ground, then rose again among the chaos, hidden under a table. She sobbed, acting as And directed with his magic. They'd need a diversion.
    12 minutes ago​
  • @Dittles:
    Tyraine didn't seem too bothered, more annoyed. Thankfully, everyone else was busy preoccupying the jesters looking for them. The bottom of her dress was muddy, sweat glistened on her neck, and now she had more than one person to look after. At least, their way was clear enough. For now, anyways. "After this, I'm not dealing with anymore kids." She muttered in disgust though, she didn't really mean what she said. If anything, she was just in a foul mood.
    12 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    With Kenma's intentions being unclear, he had someone giving chase - but being smart enough not to get within a bullet's range. Meanwhile, the carriage was making it's way towards the city's gate without anyone being aware the Empress was inside. Will they make it through the gates, though? The city guard are trying to lock the city down!
    11 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    The empress-dressed undead child made a run for it at a time when some jesters were looking that way.
    Edited
    9 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    STAB! The Empress decoy child was suddenly speared through with an arrow. No one seemed to be aware that she wasn't the real Empress.
    8 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma watched the gates starting to close and narrowed his eyes, he needed to get out those gates to stay alive. He looked at the guard "Open the gate or I will shoot you" he threatened, the gun was clearly loaded and ready to shoot if Kenma chose too. He sighed softly, this hadn't been as fun as he hoped. All he wanted was a boy who could taken advantage of him!
    8 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    The child dropped to the ground and artfully coughed up blood.
    7 minutes ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    A few of the undead nearby who still had voice boxes and the ability to speak began to shout "The empress! They killed her!" and other suchlike. And really, really hoped this would stop pursuit...
    6 minutes ago​
  • @Diana:
    They were trained guards, unafraid of a teenager with a pistol. But the scuffle was enough of a distraction that the carriage could get through before the gates were closed!
    6 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    The boy didn't really know how to get out of this situation, it seemed that the guards were trained and well prepared.
    5 minutes ago​
  • @PavellumPendulum:
    Adeline saw the gates approaching as the carriage continued to quickly be driven away from the mob. "Hold on tight..." she said softly to the Empress, gripping the side of the carriage as their speed picked up, since the guards were in the middle of trying to close the gates.
    3 minutes ago​
  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "This is an Ambassadorial Carriage for the Jade Temple! Let us through!" Mei-Ling said, casting an image of the Jade Temple sigil into the air; seeing as this was a special spell that non-initiates could not replicate accurately, it was used for authentication purposes
    3 minutes ago​
  • @Dittles:
    The carriage sped up, when she herself noticed the gates closing. On top of that, she noticed the boy from earlier. "Perfect." Tyraine chuckled, cracking the reigns yet, again. The ride had been bumpy before but, now? Her passengers, would most likely be flying around in their seats. The hooves of the horses thundered powerfully against the stones, letting out annoyed snorts by the cracking of the reigns yet, did little to resist.
    3 minutes ago​
  • @AnxiousEnby:
    Kenma was for sure that he would get arrasted but nope, he managed to grab onto the back of the carriage at the last minute, slipping the gun back into his backpack.
    1 minute ago​
  • @The Mood is Write:
    And began to use his undead to round up and capture any attackers he could. The undead themselves acted as the ropes, wrapping their bodies around to pin the jesters' and archers' arms to their sides with big, blood-covered bearhugs.
    1 minute ago​
  • @Diana:
    As the carriage sped away out of the city, inside it's walls the city guard were finally getting things back under control. Assuming their mission was successful, the assassins that weren't caught escaped. It wasn't until much later in the day did anyone realize the dead Empress was not actually the real Empress at all. The Empress was presumed missing or kidnapped, which was NOT good news for Vundergren, as she was a visiting royal, nor was it good for her own country, for their only heir to thrown was now lost in the world. TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR A ROYAL SEARCH?
 
  • Thank You
Reactions: Diana

  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE CHILD EMPRESS: THE WHITE FOREST!


    Today at 12:17 PM



  • Diana:
    This is a high fantasy setting on a perilous adventure to rescue a kidnapped child empress.


    Today at 12:18 PM


  • Diana:
    TYPE SHORT TYPE FAST! If you write too much or take too long, you will miss the action and people may not be able to read your posts fast enough. Keep it to 10 sentences and under.


    Today at 12:18 PM


  • Diana:
    Put you character name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who. You can also use bbcode color to differentiate your posts from others!


    Today at 12:18 PM


  • Diana:
    Game Master posts are in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the story!


    Today at 12:19 PM


  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY, so don't worry about typos and mistakes. If you get confused or need a little direction, I am in the main chat to help!


    Today at 12:19 PM


  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 12:19 PM


  • Diana:
    We open to a forest full of giant white barked trees with pure white leaves, lightly dusted in a fine layer of snow. It's warmer than excepted for an area that seems so cold. Some of our party has split up, hoping that at least one of the groups will make it through the forest to find the child first.


    Today at 12:59 PM


  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling kept up a brisk pace, even as she had her doubts: Am I going the right way? She could be anywhere, or not even here at all!


    Today at 1:04 PM


  • Diana:
    Beere Bitterale stood out like a sore thumb in this strange quiet forest. He had his ax at the ready though, occasionally swiping at bushes to see if anything was lurking inside them.


    Today at 1:14 PM


  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling was glad of the big Orc's presence, even if he'd alert the cultists or whoever had the Empress of their presence from miles away. Thus far, his BRUTE STRENGTH! and fearlessness in battle had proven much more useful than her negotiating skills! I wonder who set these people after the Empress in the first place? she thought. Are the 'Jesters' and the cultists the same people, or different factions who want to destroy the peace of the Treaty nations? Or supporters of a coup by some noble who wants to take the Empress' throne? "How are you doing, Beere?" she asked, pulling her thoughts back to the present situation, and away from diplomatic challenges back in Vundergren that she could do nothing about.


    Today at 1:28 PM


  • Diana:
    "Beere's ass aches from walking!" He grumbled. "Tiny child best be worth three or four barrels of ale! But Beere do worry all is futile and child will be dead. Whole forest here smells like... the start of death."


    Today at 1:32 PM


  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling took a sniff. Perhaps Beere's sense of smell was better than her. Unless that was a hint of...death...in the air? "We do not know for sure they will want her dead. They may wish to have her as a hostage," she said, as much to reassure herself as Beere.


    Today at 1:37 PM


  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Don't worry...no matter what happens...if we get back to the Capital or anywhere else I can contact the Jade Temple, I will buy you your ale," Mei-ling said. Three or four barrels of ale would certainly be an odd thing to charge to the Temple as a diplomatic expense! But if it kept Beere on her side, and they were able to save the Empress, it would be a bargain!


    Today at 1:41 PM


  • Diana:
    A gust of wind rustled through the trees, and much as Beere stated, a putrid smell came along with it. Along with the scents of strong herbs and fire. To head in that direction might be a terrible choice, but to find the girl...


    Today at 1:43 PM


  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling held out a hand to stop Beere as she halted in her tracks. "We're downwind of them," she whispered. "We should try to sneak up on them. We don't know how many there may be, or what revenants they will have at their command. They're necromancers, so that smell could be their undead minions." At least she hoped that's what it was, and not...shudder...a half-eaten, rotted corpse of the Child Empress.


    Today at 1:47 PM


  • Diana:
    "Hrmph," He scrunched up his nose, seeming to get a bigger whiff of that death smell and not at all liking this idea of being "sneak". Beere was not good at sneak. "Quiet then, as tiny mice. Beere's axe is at the ready. We sneaks as close as we can get, but one sight of the child and Beere will slaughter them to the last arsehole is on the ground."


    Today at 1:50 PM


  • Zarko Straadi:
    "...Alright," Mei-ling said. That seemed like the best compromise she could get between her way and his, seeing as they were complete opposites. It wasn't as if she could make Beere do anything. She kept her own footfalls quiet even as she started to concentrate on Beere's appearance and way of moving. Once Beere spotted the Empress' captors, or vice versa, it could prove useful to conjure illusions of Beere coming in from multiple directions. If they didn't know for sure which Beere was making an elephantine racket and shouting out battle cries (as he was sure to do once he caught sight of the child), that might give her desperately needed seconds to act.


    Today at 1:58 PM


  • Diana:
    Despite Beere's insistence that he was not good at sneaking, when it was on the line, he knew how to stay out of sight. He kept behind large trees and bushes. His movements were smooth and his armor did not rattle or clank. Somehow he even managed to keep his heavy breathing down to a whisper (was he even breathing at all?!).


    Today at 2:03 PM


  • Diana:
    Together they crept through the tall white trees quiet as forest mice, following the putrid scents of death and flame. As they grew closer to a clearing in the woods, they could see red cloaked forms swaying gently along with the rhythmic chanting around what looked like a natural pond filled with dark red blood. Fires were lit around the circle of cultists, casting a strange demonic glow over the clearing.


    Today at 2:03 PM


  • Zarko Straadi:
    To Mei-ling's surprise, Beere was actually quite good at stealth when he put his mind to it. As they got within sight of the cultists, she could see no sign of the Empress. She glanced at Beer and put a finger over her lips in hopes that he would continue to keep silent as they approached. At least until she could be sure the Empress was not being held at dagger-point by some unseen cultist in the shadows.


    Today at 2:17 PM


  • Diana:
    As the pair scanned the clearing looking for any signs of the child empress, the chanting and swaying grew louder and more frantic. Something electric filled the air making all the hairs on the body stand up on end, until all at once the sound fell until a hushed quiet. For several long drawn out moments nothing moved. Nothing made a sound. Then out from the pond of blood a form surged up gasping desperately for breath! Coated in nothing but red oozing down their form, it was hard to say who it was, but the shape and gasps were most definitely feminine. This was a young woman.


    Today at 2:27 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling shifted her concentration to the woman. Though she was no master of apotropaic magic, every Initiate of the Jade Temple received some training in the field. Enough, Mei-ling hoped, that she would be able to tell if the young woman was an innocent, or some eldrich fiend summoned from the Abyss.


    Today at 2:30 PM

  • Diana:
    "Fucking fucks of a elf's ass," exclaimed Beere from under his breath. He had no idea what Mei-Ling was up to, but this was some real demonic shit they were looking at and he had a gut feeling something was very wrong.


    Today at 2:35 PM

  • Diana:
    A Pair of cultists came forward to drap a red cloak around the young woman's shoulders and to set a strange chained pendant around her neck that glowed faintly in the fire light. As Mei-ling tapped into her senses, more and more familiar this young woman became. The tint of her hair. The color in her eyes. Everything about this young woman was screaming some relation to the child...! Could she be the young empress?!


    Today at 2:36 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling could not disagree with Beere's sentiment, even if she'd never express it in those words. The Empress! she thought, even though she couldn't be completely sure. She shifted her concentration back to forming her illusions. He's good at stealth and subtlety...so let's see how good I am at battle cries, she thought. Conjuring images of several more pairs of herself and Beere to come at the fire from different angles, she raised her jade staff, then swung it down to point forward, and let out a yell which she was sure would be unheard beneath Beere's battle cry.


    Today at 2:42 PM

  • Diana:
    Beere looked a bit started my Mei-ling's sudden war-cry AND the duplication magic, but his ass got into gear real quick. "YAAAAAARRRRGHHHH!" He bellowed at the top of his lungs, rushing into the clearing with his ax swinging at every damned cultist within his arm's reached. A head went flying through the air!


    Today at 2:47 PM

  • Diana:
    They actually managed to catch the cultists by surprise! They didn't know what fucking hit them with all these Beeres on the loose, but they had fire magic and summonings of their own. As the pair of cultists tried to usher the young woman away from the pool of bloods, others began an ominous chant, raising up grotesque creatures from the pool and send them flying in the air to attack all the apparitions!


    Today at 2:49 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling lashed out at cultists with swipes of her staff and the occasional kick as the situation warranted, but her main goal was to reach the blood-covered maiden (Empress or otherwise) and save her. She ran at the fleeing pair, ducking under a flying severed head; yeah, Beere could definitely take care of the ass-kicking. That left the rescuing to her!


    Today at 2:51 PM

  • Diana:
    "THE FUCK ARE THESE THINGS?! WAAARGGHH!" Wailed Beere, not liking in the slightest these weird slimy lizards flying around his head and trying to dive-bomb him while he's attempting to behead every cultist he came across. He knew what his job was those, and he made sure all those bastards focused in on him and his decimation of their summoning circle.


    59 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    One of the cultist pair kept ushering the maiden away, while their partner paused to way-lay Mei-ling. After a guttural chant a bright red sigil sprawled across the ground and up from it rose a skeleton clad in black armor with a sword of black fire. It swung for Mei-ling's torso.


    57 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling poured apotropaic focus into her staff, causing the inscribed sigils that wound down its length to light from within. Hissing an incantation as she spun her staff to catch the skeleton's blade, with magical repulsion if nothing else, and shift it over her head as she took a diagonal passing step, angling to pass the skeleton. In the same motion, she brought down the raised end of her staff onto the skeleton's skull, then thrust its end at the face of the summoning necromancer.


    46 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    CRUNCH. Right through the skeleton and even more shocking, right through the skull of the necromancer. If Beere wasn't busy now fighting off the magical assault of a bunch of cloaked bastards and their flying slime lizards, he would have been very proud. The second cultist abandoned the young woman to a heap on the ground, and came at Mei-Ling next. With a jerky expression of their hands, their cloak turned into wispy electric tendrils of shadows that all shot out at Mei-ling at once, trying to grasp her up in their coils.


    39 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-ling spun her staff to try to sever the cords of lightning and shadow, but they were quick, and one of them managed to grab her right wrist, and another her right leg. Gritting her teeth against the pain and electrically induced shudders, she lashed out at the sorcerer's head with a high roundhouse kick.


    33 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    The kick almost hit home, but the electric tendrils wrapped themselves tighter and tighter around Mei-ling! And Beere was not fairing much better. All of the apparitions of Mei-Ling and Beere had been destroyed by now, so Beere was getting the full onslaught of attack from the cultists he was struggling against a ring of fire crushing him and scorching his armor.


    28 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Two kinds of shock hit Mei-ling. The electricity, obviously, but also: the shock of having killed a man. Her staff's apotropaic force was directed against dark spiritual forces, rather than increasing damage to flesh and bone. But perhaps the cultist had become so infused with Abyssal energies that he could not survive without them. Step back...from the pain, Mei-ling thought, willing herself to regather her focus. Extending her free hand, she shot a prismatic healing spell at the sorcerer. More often than not, healing energy of her type was not good for Darklings or those among the living who became agents of their dark arcana.


    12 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Mei-lings healing spell seemed to be working - at first. But soon it felt as if the necromantic cultist was using her own spell to drain all her energy from her! Beere let out a terrible garbled sound as one of the attacking cultists manage to stake him thru with a spear of pure fire. Everything was starting to look grim...


    3 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    "STOP!" cried out a tiny frail voice. At once it felt like a shockwave reverberated through the forest clearing. With a WHOOOSH and the feeling of burning washed over Mei-ling and Beere like a tidal wave. When Mei-ling and Beere came to, they found themselves along in the clearing with nothing but piles of dust left over as signs there were even any cultists at all. ...and the young woman. The strange young woman that resembled the child empress. Lying there unconscious in the snow.


    3 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR... THE CHILD EMPRESS: A WOMAN IN RED.
 
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: The Mood is Write

  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE CHILD EMPRESS: A WOMAN IN RED


    Today at 12:00 PM



  • Diana:
    Our heroes have found a woman in red in the woods that might be the Child Empress herself. They are now at an Inn deciding what moves to make next.


    Today at 12:01 PM


  • Diana:
    TYPE SHORT TYPE FAST! If you write too much or take too long, you will miss the action and people may not be able to read your posts fast enough. Keep it to 10 sentences and under.


    Today at 12:02 PM


  • Diana:
    Put you character name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who. You can also use bbcode color to differentiate your posts from others!


    Today at 12:02 PM


  • Diana:
    Game Master posts are in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the story!


    Today at 12:02 PM


  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY, so don't worry about typos and mistakes. If you get confused or need a little direction, I am in the main chat to help!


    Today at 12:03 PM


  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 12:03 PM


  • Diana:
    At the edge of the White Forest there is an inn called The Ivory Mouse, and it is here that a small band of heroes have gathered to meet and discuss the strange Woman in Red that was found in the middle of a cultist's ritual circle. Many things about her suggest that it might be the Child Empress herself but... is it true? What happened to the child? Is it even safe to return her to the kingdom like this? ...and are the cultists once again on their trail...


    Today at 12:11 PM


  • The Mood is Write:
    And sat by the fire as he stared into its flames as though they might have answers. "We'll know nothing until she wakes up," he murmured. "Paul's with her, and I expect we'll hear her the moment the woman wakes up. This just leaves the question... if this is her, what's next?"


    Today at 1:01 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling still couldn't quite wrap her mind around all that had happened since her arrival in Vundergren. She had sat facing the stairs, so the woman could not leave or be taken without her seeing...or at least so she hoped. But with portal-hopping cultists about, could she ever really be sure? She had set apotropaic wards in room where the woman slept. Those should help protect her, mainly from malign spiritual forces of moderate power. Mei-Ling inwardly fought to resist the temptation to pace, or just go to the room and stand over her. She couldn't quite shake the feeling that it was her fault the child had gotten away in the first place.


    Today at 1:04 PM

  • Diana:
    "Beere is not sure if girl or not. No tellin' what those hooded freaks were conjuring up!" grumped the giant ogre while sloshing back what looked like half a barrel of wine. "Could be one o' those horses! You know, the type you sneak in all innocent like and then it rampages and kills all the menfolk!"


    Today at 1:04 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Can...can you think of a reason those cultists would do such a thing to her? Steal her childhood? Or could it be some plot within the Imperial Court? Make her an adult so...so the Crown Regent can be dismissed, or the Empress be married in a hurry?" Mei-Ling asked.


    Today at 1:06 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And paused and looked toward Mei-Ling. He scratched the scruff on the side of his face. "Both sound plausible. A child-minded Empress forced to become a puppet to either a husband or others..." He scowled. Some people were just too cruel... It wasn't fair, least of all to the little empress, if this was her. "For now, I have scouts watching for any unusual movements in the surroundings, so... we have some time."


    Today at 1:10 PM

  • Diana:
    "Royals are some garbage lot," agreed Beere with a solemn nod. He wasn't much the type to have these serious conversations about the fate of kingdoms and all that ruling nonsense. His skilled was in bashing things! "Lets stash 'er in a tower somewhere? With a dragon? Let the kingdoms figure it all out!"


    Today at 1:13 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling did not know anything about a deceptive horse that pretends to be innocent before going on a rampage. An Orcish tale, perhaps? "Can you think of a reason why the cult would do this, if it was even them?" She gave a fleeting smile in Beere's direction. Now there was a theme from tales she'd heard of. "Locking a princess in a tower with a dragon never works out well for those who do it," she said.


    Today at 1:16 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And shook his head. "No, if she's the empress, she's still a child in her mind, I believe. A child who will be frightened when she wakes up. Let's find out who she is before we make any concrete plans."


    Today at 1:19 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling regretted that she hadn't reached Vundergren earlier. At least then she might have had the chance to meet the members of the Court. Instead of merely being late for the festival on the day of her arrival, she had been 'late' for the greatest international crisis of her generation! She nodded to And's suggestion. "And if she isn't? The cultists could still have the Empress!" She took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. But I was never able to meet my predecessor, or officially relieve them of their duties. Which is good...they are more experienced, and will know the nobility, she thought.


    Today at 1:24 PM

  • Diana:
    The big giant frown on Beere's face suggested he was far more comfortable with smashing than sitting around and waiting, but a sudden voice interrupted the heroes. "I am not a 'child of mind'," the voice said with great indignation. The woman in red - now no longer covered by a large cloak, but still in strange red robes, peered imperiously at the lot of them. "...you are all exactly as I remember you. How strange."


    Today at 1:26 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Then she might know something. Our clues are limited, especially since I was—" And cut off as he looked up at the woman, and... he slowly stood. "I apologize for assuming. It seems you've aged, then..." He reached up and gently touched her chin as he inspected her face. "How are you feeling? Do you know the day?" he asked, "And I'm surprised you didn't raise the chicken alarm."


    Today at 1:29 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Please, come join us," Mei-Ling said to the woman. "Can we get you anything? I could not sense any injuries in your aura while you were asleep, but if you are hurt in any way, I can apply my healing arts."


    Today at 1:30 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And was careful not to use names, not to tell her how long she was unconscious, because he wanted to verify her identity.


    Today at 1:31 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Do you have memories from the time you last saw us, until now?" Could she have been sent to some other realm, where time passed for her and she grew up, while none passed here? she thought.


    Today at 1:33 PM

  • Diana:
    "My feathered friend is quite content, I assure you..." she lift an arm where a large pocket of her robe seemed to be softly occupied by something that might be snoring. Otherwise she seemed dubious to sit and join the others, choosing instead to step back from And and remain standing at a distance. "Though I was certain he would've have been eaten years ago. Have you done nothing else in all these years?" she asked curiously.


    Today at 1:34 PM

  • Diana:
    "Years! HA! It's felt like years since we started this damn quest! Chasing cultists round about forests!" complained Beere, slamming his tankard on a table.


    Today at 1:35 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    Years. And she was wary of them, but not of Paul. And sighed. "Young lady, it's been only days since the parade where we met. Do you remember our names?" He couldn't hide the concern on his worn features. Far from young, he would surely have keeled over before the empress reached this age. "And... will you please tell us what has happened since we parted?" To be wary of them like this, something must have happened. Hardships, certainly.


    Today at 1:39 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling took a moment to collect her thoughts. How do I break this to her? She hesitated too long; And spoke first. "He speaks the truth," she said, so the Empress, if Empress she was, would not have to ask her for confirmation.


    Today at 1:41 PM

  • Diana:
    "Hmm," she huffed, glancing down at the chicken in her pockets. "You were all quite taller then... I remember the silly Paul Chicken. The Bellowing Man of Green, and the Kind Lady," she gestured to Beere and Mei-Ling. There were others. ...It is- it was quite a long time ago. Once we crossed the mirror to the Obsidian Tower, this place seemed nothing more than a sweet dream." By the way she said it, she still seemed certain it WAS still just a dream and none of them were actually real. "My teachers claimed you Phantoms. Here to tempt me away from my Higher Purpose."


    Today at 1:50 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Who were these 'teachers?'" Mei-Ling asked. "What did they say your 'higher purpose' was? We are not phantoms. You can touch me, if you wish," she said extending a hand.


    Today at 1:54 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "For us, it was only days... I collapsed from strain after I got these two to the forest." He sighed, and he stepped out of the way to allow the young woman to move as she wished. He felt so tired now... they'd found her, but they had even more questions now.


    Today at 1:56 PM

  • Diana:
    "I am the Harbinger of a New Age. I will cleanse this world of all things so that the True Lord might rise again," she muttered, not exactly keen on that description herself, but temporarily interested in gently reaching out and poking Mei-Ling's hand to see if she were indeed real. "They say you Phantoms were meant to ruin me before I could do what must be done. I suppose they thought I was too young to remember a time before them."


    Today at 2:05 PM

  • Diana:
    "Fucking Death Cultists," grunted Beere. "Always tryin' ta set off an apocalypse one way or another!"


    Today at 2:05 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And sighed. "We're all alive. We're all physical, and if you touch right here on any of us, you'll feel our pulse, same as any other living beings," he said as he showed her the pulse point on his wrist, which bore an ugly burn scar. He positioned himself so only the young woman could see the scar. "Their lord... is dead. Their lord was leading the world to destruction, and our friend's arts were developed further in humanity's efforts to save the world." He indicated Mei-Ling. "I wasn't there, but... I studied a great deal of their history in the brief time I was part of their group.


    Today at 2:11 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "We do not want to harm you in any way, my Lady," Mei-Ling said. I...have to prevent...an apocalypse?! she thought. Such a responsibility as this should have fallen to the most experienced members of the Jade Temple's Diplomatic Corps... "You do understand that this world, and all the people who live in it, do not want to be 'cleansed' and replaced with this 'lord' your captors told you about, don't you?" she asked softly.


    Today at 2:12 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling turned to And. "I think the 'true lord' she is talking about is something other than a human being. Such as a god of the cutists'?"


    Today at 2:14 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    "That is precisely what I'm talking about," he answered.


    Today at 2:16 PM

  • Diana:
    "I remember those that tried to assassinate me at the grand parade... and I remember those that tried even before that. I never understood why until my teachers explained to me that many will try to stop my ascension, that my life will be nothing but pain and danger until I bring the True Lord to his Obsidian Tower." she explained plainly. "...I remember that you protected me and thus, I protected you in the White Forest. ...but I must accomplish my purpose and let nothing stand in my way. You will help me?"


    Today at 2:18 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Why must you accomplish this 'purpose?'" Mei-Ling asked. "Shouldn't you be able to live your life as you choose?"


    Today at 2:21 PM

  • The Mood is Write:
    And lifted a hand to gently interrupt Mei-Ling, This needed to be handled delicately. He looked to the young woman and let his eyes search her face. "I will help you... if you are willing to delay fulfilling this purpose of yours. You have seen the world that your teachers have shown you, so it is only right to see the world they wish to end, isn't it?"


    58 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling's heart hammered in her chest. Though her tone was as calm and reassuring as she could make it, she felt the weight of the world come down on her shoulders. Who knew what powers Cherivundaluna had acquired during her absence, or what she would do in order to accomplish the 'purpose' she had been given? If the Empress was to be persuaded to leave the path the cultists had set out for her...well, wasn't that up to her, as the diplomat in the party? But then And spoke, and his words were wise. Relief washed over her.


    56 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    The dubious woman in red was ready to be insistent with Mei-Ling, but found And's commentary curious. "I have already seen this world once before when I was child. If it has been truly only days since I left, then I am certain it has not changed at all. A place where a child can be murdered or kidnapped away so easily seems to be in need of a cleansing."


    51 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Beere snorted loud. "OY! You gon listen to the ones that snatched ye up then! The ones called Death themselves, worshippin' evil like a bunch of dark edgy cunts! Wot about all the GOOD in the world! Like RUM and ROASTED CHICKEN and WOMEN with big ginormous T--"


    51 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And shot a disapproving glance to Beere, then shook his head before he looked to the young empress. "You have been hearing the lessons of those who murdered and kidnapped. I would like you to spend the same amount of time with us, living among the everyday people, as you experienced learning from your teachers. If you will do that, and if you still want to end this world, then I will clear the path for you myself and lay myself on whatever sacrificial slab you want of me, or serve you in whatever way you wish. All I ask is for you to see this world as those who have lived in it their whole lives do—as an average person might."


    40 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "You called me 'the Kind Lady,'" Mei-Ling said. "My name is Mei-Ling. I am a diplomat from a place called the Jade Temple. If you can remember me as kind, then you must know that there is also kindness in this world. I am very sorry for all that has happened to you. This land was at peace when I was sent to Vundergren to represent the Jade Temple there. It had been at peace for generations. That is why I was sent, and not someone older and more experienced. Because it was seen as a safe place for me to complete my learning and gain experience I could use to help create peace where it does not already exist. As Beere says, there is much good in this world. I am sorry that you got to experience so little of it before you were taken."


    39 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    She seemed to consider this, even after giving Beere a squinting glance of disapproval. "...this seems a reasonable request. My teachers will not approve of this, however. I am certain my outburst during the moonlight ritual will have upset them. Even more so now that you've spirited me away. They are sure to send their knights to come looking for me."


    33 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "Thank you. We will try to settle things peacefully with them," And assured. "If you are to be their harbinger, you must know what you are ending and what you are beginning, after all. If your teachers are unhappy, then that only reflects on their poor ability to teach." He smiled a little at the dumb joke. "For now, let's get you something to wear that's a bit less recognizable... and something for you to eat that _isn't_ Paul." He cast a squint towards Beere.


    28 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    We can't take her back to Vundergren, Mei-Ling thought. Who knows what sort of Court intrigue might ensue if they see her like this? There must be some faction within it that supports the cult's aims, otherwise, wouldn't the Imperial Guard and the Mages' Council have been able to stop the attack? Once again, And spoke wisdom, though Mei-Ling doubted the Cultist "knights" would care about the Empress' wishes. They hadn't thus far, after all. "I can go to the marketplace and find a dress for you. What colors and fabrics do you like?" she asked.


    23 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    "For now," And suggested, "Something inexpensive but comfortable would be ideal. She can help us find more clothes she likes once she has something to wear.


    19 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    "Paul will also need something suitable to wear," she insisted... though seemed to struggle with coming up with an answer as to what she might like herself. She glanced down at her red robes with a frown. "...I am uncertain. This is all I have worn for many years. I imagine if we are to travel to stay with simplicity is indeed the best course. I do not require much."


    18 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Beere sat back in his big chair and wiped his tankard of wine back into his hand. "Well then...! I 'spose if we've got to take a detour, I don't mind so much being a Lost Empress' royal guard! There's glory to be had in savin' the world and perhaps some treasures along the way!"


    16 minutes ago

  • The Mood is Write:
    And smiled and nodded. "Then perhaps a simple dress with everything a young lady needs for modesty and practicality, and perhaps a nice ribbon for Paul?" He looked to Mei-Ling. "Maybe the ribbon and the dress could match?" He looked tired... but then again, he'd had to deal with fueling a necromantic dragon and hadn't slept well in days.


    15 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I will find you something nice, as quickly as I can," Mei-Ling said. "Please excuse me," she said, giving the Empress a little bow, with her fist to the palm of her hand in front of her sternum, fingers of the open hand facing upward, then hurried toward the marketplace. It occurred to her that perhaps she ought to get herself something a little less...out of the ordinary...than her Jade Temple diplomatic robes.


    11 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    As Mei-Ling left to fetch dressings, and And excused himself upstairs to bed, the now adult Empress found herself alone in the common room with the Ogre Orc. He patted a chair and handed her a big tankard of wine. "Have a drink, ya wee highness. Here's to exploring the world!"


    6 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    AND SO THE CHILD EMPRESS WAS FOUND AND NOW A CHOICE MUST BE MADE... WILL OUR HEROES BE ABLE TO CONVINCE THE YOUNG WOMAN THAT WORLD IS WORTH SAVING? OR WILL THE EMPRESS BRING DOWN THE FIRES OF THE APOCALYPSE AND HELP RAISE AN ANCIENT EVIL THAT HAS LONG SINCE BEEN DEAD... FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON THE CHILD EMPRESS!
 
  • Thank You
Reactions: Diana
1662674748185.png
Name: Mei-ling Yin

Age: 18

Gender: Female

Appearance:

Mei-ling is lovely and delicate. Her beauty is unusual and exotic in Vundergren. She has long black hair, dark brown eyes, and a porcelain complexion. She wears her hair in elaborate styles, and wears shimmering embroidered silk gowns. When acting in her official capacity, she wears a jade pendant intricately carved to bear the Airship-and-Sun of the Jade Temple, a temple arcology to the south of Vundergren.
Magic: Life (healing and phantasm conjuration/illusion)

1662675439201.pngPersonality:

Curious and adventurous, with a childlike sense of wonder. She is a bit too innocent--perhaps even naive--for the situation she has been thrust into. As a practitioner of the healing arts, Mei-ling is ethically forbidden to kill or maim. She can use her magic and martial-arts skills to stun, paralyze, knock unconscious, hypnotize, or generate convincing illusions (including the illusion of pain and injury) in self-defense. Despite her bright, upbeat attitude, she is beginning to feel hopelessly out of her depth as Vundergren's troubles worsen.

Bio:

Mei-ling is the Jade Temple's ambassador to the royal court of Vundergren. The Jade Temple has had a close, friendly relationship with Vundergren and the signatory nations of the United Peace Treaty for generations. Because of this, Vundergren became an "easy" assignment for new members of the Temple's diplomatic corps. Mei-ling was sent to Vundergren to develop experience as a diplomat and take advantage of Vundergren's great royal library. On her way to Vundergren for the great Royal Parade, her ship was delayed, and she arrived late. This would have been a terrible faux pas, save for the fact that the city was in chaos, and she found herself among a small party of heroes fighting to protect the Child Empress from assassins.

The Jade Temple:

1662675494836.png


The Jade Temple is a great temple complex located on an island in the Maethys Sea (an ocean to the south), just offshore. A monumental causeway connects the island to the mainland. Every citizen of the Temple is also a priest or priestess, trained in one of the many "Paths" available (Healer, Defender, Scholar, Diplomat, Wind Dancer/Pilot, Biomancer, etc.).

1662675623017.pngLittle is known (to outsiders) about the spirituality of the Jade Temple. Though it does send young priests and priestesses out on "quests" to develop their magical talents and grow spiritually while helping others, establishes hospitals, orphanages, and shelters for the poor and dispossessed, the Temple does not actively try to convert others to its world-view. Instead, one must pass through a difficult period of training as an Initiate before one can become an Adept, a full member of the Temple able to participate in its governance.

The nature of that governance is also unknown to outsiders. No one has ever appeared as a ruler of the Temple, and it does not make alliances by marriage. Instead, the Temple relates to other nations through the agency of its Diplomatic Corps, whose members not only serve as its representatives, but also offer their services as impartial intermediaries between nations, and sometimes for arbitration of disputes between groups or individuals.
 
  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE CHILD EMPRESS!
    Today at 11:36 AM​
  • Diana:

    OPEN SIGNUPS - RECURRING - IWAKU CHAT - THE CHILD EMPRESS - THUR SEPT 28TH @ 2PM-5PM CEN


    THE CHILD EMPRESS IWAKU CHATBOX 2023-09-28T14:00:00-5 In the beautiful country of Vundergren they host a parade once a year to celebrate the many years of peace between the participating countries of the United Peace Treaty! However, this year's masquerade turned into a bloodbath as a band of...
    www.iwakuroleplay.com
    www.iwakuroleplay.com
    Today at 11:37 AM​
  • Diana:
    This is a high fantasy setting with kingdoms and magic and cultists. Today we are in a small village that is giving a safe hiding spot to a young woman who may yet decide to destroy the world. Can this village of caretakers convince her the world is worth living in?
    Today at 11:39 AM​
  • Diana:
    TYPE SHORT TYPE FAST! If you write too much or take too long, you will miss the action and people may not be able to read your posts fast enough. Keep it to 10 sentences and under.
    Today at 11:39 AM​
  • Diana:
    Put you character name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who. You can also use bbcode color to differentiate your posts from others!
    Today at 11:40 AM​
  • Diana:
    Game Master posts are in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the story!
    Today at 11:40 AM​
  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY, so don't worry about typos and mistakes. If you get confused or need a little direction, I am in the main chat to help!
    Today at 11:40 AM​
  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 11:41 AM​
  • Diana:
    It's a beautiful sunny day in the small village of Lillyfell. The villagers are out and about doing their business in little shops, in their homes, or out on their farms. Animals are being animals. Kids are being kids. What a wonderful place to live your life in a calm, quaint, happy village, free of the strife of the wider world. Certainly nothing at all terrible will happen here.
    Today at 12:26 PM​
  • Diana:
    The Former Child Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of her name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins... now prophesized Harbinger That Shall Destroy This World was presently going by the name of Cheriluna and disguised as one of the local villagers. She'd been here for some time now, but did not seem to be 'getting it'. Unable to connect with people and really see the beauty in the world. Right that moment she was strolling down the village street with a basket and a chore list, frowning at nothing in particular and generally lost in her own thoughts.
    Today at 12:46 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling walked beside her in contemplative silence. Thus far, it did not seem that she and the others had gotten through to the young Empress. To make things worse, she still was not a hundred percent sure that this young woman was truly the person she had known as a child just days before, and not some kind of decoy, or even one of the cultists playing a part. While Mei-Ling and her companions sought to persuade her not to be 'The Harbinger of Destruction,' could the real Empress, still a child, be somewhere else, suffering or dead?
    Today at 1:00 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Yet, she still had to try, didn't she? "Perhaps you do not need to think about the whole world just yet," Mei-Ling said. "Instead, think about a single child--that one over there with the dark curly hair," she said, picking out a village girl about the age Cherivundaluna had been when she was kidnapped. She was playing with her younger sibling and a puppy. "Do you think she wants to be destroyed? For her little brother and their puppy to be destroyed?"
    Today at 1:07 PM​
  • Diana:
    Today's chores involved shopping for necessities to take back to their meager little cabin home. Cheriluna paused their stroll as Mei-ling pointed out the small children and the puppy. She tried to remember what that was like - being a child. Genuinely tried! All she could draw up with little flashes of moments and then it was nothing but the heated red lava of volcanic streams and the tall scary cloaked forms that were he guardians. "Nothing ever wants to be destroyed, that seems to be the nature of living things." she muttered in response. "Everyone here is going to die, what does it matter if it's now or later?"
    Today at 1:11 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Are you going to die?" Mei-Ling asked.
    Today at 1:12 PM​
  • Diana:
    "Yes," Cheriluna answered quickly and simply. "It's the end of all things, even me." She clearly had no real feelings about it either, although... maybe a small sense of relief.
    Today at 1:14 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Does it matter to you if you die now, or later?" Mei-Ling asked.
    Today at 1:16 PM​
  • Dawn:
    Seated comfortably on the porch of the tiny inn (it was more of just a home with three extra rooms for rent), delicately lapping milk from an ornate teacup with matching saucer, was a..person. A very furry person, although most of his fur was tamed and flattened under his fancy clothing - embroidered silk waistcoat and frock in soft silver and lavender and with just a hint of gold - and only his well-groomed cat head and fluffy tail as well as his paws and feet, all of which were snow white, were on display. Leaning against the railing was his ornate rapier, set aside so that he could soak in the sun and enjoy his fresh milk. He was doing his very best to ignore the children and the puppy, though whenever it barked - the puppy, not the children - his different-colored eyes would flick toward the beast with mild discomfort. It was about then than two figures passed by and he raised his teacup and nodded his head with a smile. "A good day to you both~ What a lovely little village you have here!" It had been his favorite place to rest yet!
    Today at 1:19 PM​
  • Diana:
    "Existing is exhausting," she admitted to Mei-Ling with a frown. Frowning even moreso at this curious cat of a man! Man of a cat? Either way he was a peculiar enough creature to make Cheriluna blink and examine him with the full brunt of her intense curious stare. "Good day to you, Mister Cat?"
    Today at 1:22 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Thank you, sir," Mei-Ling replied. Briefly, she wondered if the cat-person was a were-person like the feline adventurer that had tried to help them rescue the Empress earlier, or if he had only his present form. "I am so sorry, Cheriluna. So much has been taken from you," she said softly, for the girl's ears alone, though she had no idea how sensitive the cat-person's ears might be. "But in this present moment, this one you are living right now, you have experienced a moment of curiosity, perhaps even of wonder, at an encounter with something new. Be here now, fully here, in this moment."
    Today at 1:28 PM​
  • Dawn:
    The nonsensical sputtering that ensued had him setting his teacup down. "Mister--!! I beg your pardon but it's not 'Mister Cat'!" he huffed, rising from his chair an approaching the railing to better see the speaker and their companion. "I am Sir Clever ur Kish of Angora! But you may call me Sir Clever~" With a little flourish of his paw, he gave a bow over the railing. "And what my I call you? Both of you!"
    Today at 1:29 PM​
  • Diana:
    "I wish to pet this cat," she announced. Cheriluna had learned quickly on her arrival back to this realm that one couldn't just do as the pleased. People tended to scream. She regarded this man cat again with such an imperious, but ever growing curious look. Moreso at his eloquent and elaborate introduction. She opened her mouth, ready to reveal the full brunt of her own title - and had to stop. As she was not supposed to speak her full name either! And so her nose scrunched up. "I am Cheriluna of this Lillyfell, and I wish to pet your fur, Sir Clever ur Kish of Angora."
    Today at 1:32 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "My apologies, Sir Clever," Mei-Ling replied, giving him a bow of greeting. "I am Mei-Ling Yin. I'm afraid neither of us has met one of your people before. But it is a pleasure to do so now. I hope her desire to pet your fur is not insulting to you. Your fur is beautiful, and looks very soft, and as I have said, she has never met one of your people before."
    Today at 1:34 PM​
  • Dawn:
    "Well!" he breathed, a paw to his chest to show he was just a bit taken aback by the request. "Such a thing is quite forward of you, Cheriluna. I dare say I reserve petting privileges for my dearest friends and you and I have only just met~!" He couldn't help but to smoothen his attire in a fluster at Mei-Ling's compliment, however. "I deny your request at this time; however, shall I accompany you both on your daily tasks and perhaps we can become friends?" He had nothing better to spend the day doing anyway.
    Today at 1:39 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "As you wish, Sir Clever," Mei-Ling said. Oh dear! I will not be able to talk to her directly anymore! she thought. But if she is intrigued by him, then she is intrigued by life, even if only a little.
    Today at 1:45 PM​
  • Diana:
    Once again Cheriluna was denied something she wanted, but as she was used to people saying no, no, no she accepted this in stride. After all, this world was meant to be destroyed, what did it all really matter anyway? Sighly only softly, she gestured the direction they were heading with a hand. "We are to shop for supper items, preferably not a chicken as our chicken companion would be most upset."
    Today at 1:47 PM​
  • Dawn:
    "A chicken companion, very curious," Clever muttered, pausing a moment in attaching his sword belt to his waist to imagine a being like himself, but a chicken instead of a cat. "Does your chicken friend not like to shop? Oh! Also! I must say, Cheriluna, that I appreciate you asking to pet. Most people just go ahead and do it. So rude! Oh but tell me about this list. Not chicken, so how about," and here he licked his lips, "fish?"
    Today at 1:54 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling gave a little smile. Paul the chicken was quite a character indeed! "Our chicken companion is an ordi--an extraordinary chicken, but a chicken just the same. She would probably prefer to pounce on whichever food stalls held appeal and start eating, rather than shop. But I'm sure fish would be fine. May I ask what purpose brings you here from Angora? I can see from your dress and the workmanship of your sword that it is a place of high culture."
    Today at 2:00 PM​
  • Diana:
    "A nobleman's attire for certain," Cheriluna agreed at the assessment. Such finery rarely appeared here in this little village. Perhaps there was a day not so long ago, some hoity-toity lord rode through on his fancy horse, but he was such an unpleasant thing that Cheriluna wanted nothing to do with him. At least this man cat was a stately, gentlemanly creature.
    Today at 2:03 PM​
  • Dawn:
    "Ah~ That is a good question, Mei-Ling!" the catfolk chuckled. "It is the duty of any young nobleperson to strike out on their own and adventure for a few years. Experiencing life through different cultures and points of view is important, after all. It helps one understand the people around them and teaches them empathy. And so here I am!" He looked to the both of them expectantly. "And have you both lived here for long? Is this your birthplace? It really is quite calm and lovely. And the milk is so fresh!"
    Today at 2:08 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The ancient necromancer, And, was out doing chores as well—different from Cheriluna's list, in that they were for more distant goals that preparing dinner, and were also more distant in locale. He finally finished, and was just arriving back into Lillyfell when Paul abruptly charged forward, then jump-fluttered gracelessly up onto Cheriluna's shoulder, where she settled in contentedly, only to notice Clever a moment later. Her head lowered and leaned forward, ready to strike as she let out a low groan that was the closest her chicken throat could make to a growl
    54 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "That is a wise practice," Mei-Ling replied. "I am from the Jade Temple. It is an island in the Maethys Sea, far to the south of here." She decided against trying to present herself as a native of this village; for one, because no one here shared her ethnicity, and secondly, she had doubts about her ability to seem as familiar with this place as someone who had grown up here would be.
    53 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Paul!" Mei-Ling said. "It's alright, Paul," she said, hoping to reassure the chicken. "Sir Clever ur Kish of Angora, I would like to present Paul, our extraordinary chicken companion. Her human, And, is probably close by," she said, looking around for the necromancer.
    50 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Ah, there you are, Paul," And said, finally catching up. He was back from a three-day trip, and though his worn face looked exhausted, he smiled warmly at Cheriluna and Mei-Ling. "I'm back, Cheriluna. Mei-Ling." He dressed like a typical farmer and held himself like someone with the muscle of hard work. He caught Mei-Ling's introduction and looked to Clever, then bowed his head politely. "I am And. It's a pleasure to meet you, sir."
    49 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    With all of the grace of a born Empress, Cheriluna didn't even flinch at having a wild looking chicken practically stumble onto her shoulder. The woman simple adjusted her stature just a bit to account for the chicken's balance. At least now, instead of the thoughtful frown she'd been wearing, there was a softer expression sneaking it's way onto her features. "Paul is indeed extraordinary. I have not yet met another chicken like her. I am not certain she is actually a chicken, but And seems to think so. I think she is meant to be a dragon."
    49 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul looked to Cheriluna and clucked softly. She began to preen the young woman's hair fondly.
    47 minutes ago​
  • Dawn:
    "Ma'am," Clever gasped, taking a step away from the chicken and thus Cheriluna. "I have done nothing to warrant such a reaction other than to simply exist and I must say it is in poor behaviour to detest someone simply for existing." Luckily there was much goings-on to distract the catfolk from any more engagement with the chicken named Paul. Returning the polite head nod to And, Clever replied with a soft "Likewise" and a smile to match, one that grew as Cheriluna suspected Paul to be a dragon. He could believe it! He'd seen weirder things.
    45 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling noted the subtle change in Cheriluna's expression, the way she so quickly adapted to and welcomed the chicken's presence. "She would make a glorious dragon!"
    45 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "She would be a terror," And mourned with a sigh, "But I won't deny she's a wonder of a chicken." He paused, thoughtful as he looked at the bird. "Paul. You'd better not raze any villages, or I'll make you sleep in a coop."
    42 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul clucked and fluffed up proudly before she looked again at Clever, eying him carefully as though determining the value of his very life.
    41 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    "...I could make her a dragon..." Cheriluna announced softly, this thought starting off as a curious 'what if' expression only to grow to a more convinced, determined sort of look. "Yes, yes I could make her a dragon!" Without any more declaration, Cheriluna handed off her basket to And, then promptly stalked away in a rush towards the town center with Paul still on her shoulders. This was... about to get interesting!
    39 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Cheriluna, wait!" Mei-Ling cried, following her at a run. "We don't want to draw that much attention to ourselves!" She can turn Paul into a dragon?!
    37 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Realization dawned a moment later. "Oh no." And visibly paled as he held the basket and hurried after her. "Cher! Cheriluna! She will eat us! Chickens will eat anything smaller than them!"
    37 minutes ago​
  • Dawn:
    "Hmmm~" He was being watched like a hawk! With a thought, Clever reached for the snack pouch at his hip and he pulled out a sunflower seed, offering it up to Paul. "A truce, ma'am?" Oh! But there went Cheriluna and Paul! "Should...we be concern--" And there went Mei-Ling. "Oh dear." And there went And. "Ohhhh no." What could he do? He took off after them!
    36 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    Stalking forward still, sweeping the chicken off her shoulder to hold her up gloriously to the sun as she made her way to the town center. "Brave Paul! Do you consent to my magic? Do you wish to be the dragon you were always meant to be?"
    36 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul, meanwhile, simply settled into place on Cheriluna's shoulder, eyes bright as she flapped to keep balance.
    35 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul stared down at Cheriluna, then clucked and fluffed. Unfortunately for everyone, she consented.
    35 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Paul! Don't you dare!" And was too late, Chicken-y consent was given.
    34 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Cheriluna, please don't do this!" Mei-Ling said. "Even if she does not eat us and everyone in this village, turning her into a dragon in the town square would certainly draw the attention of the Imperial Guard, and probably the cultists as well."
    32 minutes ago​
  • Dawn:
    "Get the Guard?" Clever said as he finally caught up. He'd of course only heard the last bit. "Good idea, Mei-Ling! Just in case a giant chicken dragon is something we can't handle!" And off he ran, toward the edge of the village. He knew the Imperial Guards had patrols along the roads!
    29 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    Upon consent, Cheriluna gave the most delighted, loud, potentially wicked bout of laughter anyone had ever heard from her. Paul began to glow with a beautiful, gorgeous orangey red as she lifted up into the air and floated higher and higher away from Cheriluna's raised hands. The pleas of her companions fell onto deaf ears and whirls of wind whipped around her, catching her dark red hair and the layers of her dress. "GROW AND GROW AND GROW! SHOW US WHO YOU WERE BORN TO BE!"
    28 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    And thus, Paul the Chicken grew bigger, and bigger, and alarmingly bigger...! Feathers falling away with gorgeous golden scales to take their place. A beak twisting into a large maw. Clawed feet becoming even larger clawed feet! Wings growing to a span enormous!
    28 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And slowed to a stop and stared in horror. Worse, he heard someone saying something about get the guard. Fuck it, their cover was blown anyway. He whirled and raised his arm, and undead rose to encircle the village—to stop Clever and anyone else from leaving. With that done, he turned and beheld their doom—his stupid chicken.
    26 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    For a moment, Mei-Ling watched with a gaping mouth. How had the cultists given her such power?! "Everyone, get inside!" she cried, gesturing frantically to the villagers. If she could get them out of sight before Paul's transformation was complete, perhaps Paul would only prey on the entire meat market, and some livestock.
    23 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    It was this moment that Beere Bitterale walked out of the local tavern with a mug in one hand and a roasted turkey leg in the other. Only to stop on the side of the street in large, ogre confusion. "Wots all this then?"
    23 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    Paul gave a mighty flap of her wings and threw back her head in a roar. Towering over all, she came to land on the cobbled street, then looked down at Cheriluna with eyes far wiser than any she'd ever seen before. <Fool.> The word echoed through the souls of all those near, but was directed to Cherluna and filled with fondness before the former chicken tested her new arms, then reached down and wrapped them around the former empress before turning a sharp look to And. <Find us if you can, Husband.>
    22 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    A beat of wings buffeted the area and all in it, and then took flight, Cheriluna cradled gently in her arms.
    21 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    "Get back here you crazy chicken!" And hollered as he tried to give chase, only to trip over the broken cobbles. He crashed into the ground and caught himself on his arms, ripping his sleeves to reveal the brands of a necromancer on his wrists—the brands that revealed he'd escaped his execution.
    17 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling watched them depart, tears welling in her eyes. "I have failed. Again!" she cried
    . The fate of the world was never supposed to depend on me! We needed the very best the Diplomatic Corps had to offer! Seeing And run off in pursuit, she snapped out of it and hurried to his side. "Are you alright? What can we do?"
    15 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    "Paul!" Cheriluna protested, but didn't have that same fear and concerned the others appeared to have. After all, this was Paul the Chicken, only in her truest form! "Paul, we are not to fly loose, they say it unsafe to be seen outside the village!"
    15 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    "Beere is confused," grunted the orge, still holding on to his mug and his turkey leg, but getting the picture that the Medium Sized Empress was now being snatched up by a dragon. Beere might've tossed his axe if he wasn't worried about hitting the girl or her hitting the ground. "Beere was gone only an hour!"
    13 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    <We will not be seen, and it will be good for them to get exercise.> Paul rose higher, until the world looked so small below that they could no longer see the people, and she turned towards a serene-looking mountain range as she switched from flapping to gliding along the air currents, jerky movements replaced by a smooth ride for the woman in her arms. <This will be fun, Daughter.>
    11 minutes ago​
  • The Mood is Write:
    And groaned and slowly pushed himself up, accepting any offered help. "I'm... I'm fine, but I'm more worried about Cheri and whatever Paul's up to with her." He adjusted his sleeves to cover his wrists, arms sore and scraped. "Did anyone see which way they went?"
    10 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "We're all confused, Beere," Mei-Ling said sadly. "They went that way," she said, pointing in the direction of their flight. "But they flew out of sight, so I do not know where they landed. I...I should return to the Temple...warn them of what is coming..."
    5 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    AND SO AS A SHOCK TO EVERYONE IT WAS REVEALED THE EMPRESS' NEW TITLE OF HARBINGER COULD INDEED BE TRUE AS THEY DISCOVERED SHE HAD A GREAT AND TERRIFYING POWER. ONE STRONG ENOUGH TO SHIFT THE SHAPE OF BEINGS WITHOUT EVEN BREAKING A SWEAT. ...BUT AS THE CHICKEN TURNED DRAGON STOLE AWAY THE EMPRESS, HAD THE YOUNG WOMAN MADE A FATAL MISTAKE? OR WAS THIS THE PROPHESIZED END OF THE WORLD THAT THE CULTISTS OF DEATH WERE WAITING FOR...
    3 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON THE CHILD EMPRESS!
 

  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE CHILD EMPRESS!


    Today at 12:44 PM



  • Diana:
    This is a high fantasy setting with kingdoms and magic and cultists. Our magical empress turned a chicken into a dragon and then was kidnapped by the dragon! Will our motely crew be able to save/stop her before the end of the world is brought about a crazy chicken?


    Today at 12:46 PM


  • Diana:
    TYPE SHORT TYPE FAST! If you write too much or take too long, you will miss the action and people may not be able to read your posts fast enough. Keep it to 10 sentences and under.


    Today at 12:46 PM


  • Diana:
    Put you character name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who. You can also use bbcode color to differentiate your posts from others!


    Today at 12:46 PM


  • Diana:
    Game Master posts are in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the story!


    Today at 12:47 PM


  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY, so don't worry about typos and mistakes. If you get confused or need a little direction, I am in the main chat to help!


    Today at 12:47 PM


  • Diana:

    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)



    Today at 12:47 PM


  • Diana:
    Our wayward adventurers are presently attempting to make their way up a mountain in following the path of the chicken-turned-dragon, hoping to get to the stolen empress before a terrible, terrible, prophecy can unfold...


    Today at 1:10 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Mei-Ling trudged up the mountain trail, glad for her jade staff to help her balance through some of the rougher terrain.


    Today at 1:23 PM

  • Diana:
    Beere Bitterale, the mighty green menace was presently holding the bulk of their gear hoisted on his back as her trailed behind Mei-ling. The man, And, had shot ahead, or elsewhere... Beere didn't understand a damn word the man had said. Something about the chicken bringing about the end. All Beere really cared about was reclaiming the little lady and sending her back where she was safe and sound. Then eating himself something roasted. Perhaps a giant dragon's leg if he got the chance. "Why dragons always roost in mountains instead of nice level valleys?" he grunted.


    Today at 1:25 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara watched the pair of travelers closely from her hiding place in a cleft of rock above the trail. The foreign lady had to be rich, despite the commoner's hooded cloak she wore. She just had a graceful and dignified way of carrying herself, even when she was tired. Even more telling was her hulking Orc bodyguard. Not just anybody could hire one of those. So, she had to be loaded. But...humungous Orc bodyguard, so maybe not the best mark...


    Today at 1:28 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Probably...for this very reason," Mei-Ling replied. "It makes...attacking them difficult."


    Today at 1:29 PM

  • Diana:
    "Stupid dragons," huffed Beere. But he dutifully shuffled along. Ever so often pausing to take a deep sniff sniiiiff of the air. Something didn't quite smell like mountain forest, but it didn't seem to be a scent that alarmed him, so he said not
    hing of it for now. "Beere did not know the small lady was a sorceress," he added in conversation. Maybe the others had noticed or sensed something, but he sure hadn't!


    Today at 1:34 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Wait, she's a sorceress? Shara thought. So she's right out. But...what if they're on some kind of big adventure?


    Today at 1:45 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Wha?" Mei-Ling sputtered. The sudden change of subject took a moment for her tired mind to process. "I am not a sorceress. I know some healing and illusion magic and martial arts, but my primary training is in the art of diplomacy," she said, trying to keep the sadness out of her voice. They were on this march because she had failed at the one thing she was supposed to be good at, talking to people and negotiating with them.


    Today at 1:50 PM

  • Diana:
    Beere gave a heart sudden laugh, so booming loud that it scattered birds in the trees and jostled animals in the forest. "HAAA! HA HA! Beere did not mean the guardian yourself! The small lady, the empress grown. That power she wielded was not... was not natural, was it?"


    Today at 1:52 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Oh!" Mei-Ling said, covering her mouth for a chuckle. "I do not think she had such power before the cultists took her."


    That big Orc is suspicious. Can he smell me? Shara thought. By a leap of intuition, she made a choice. Shara popped up and waved to the travelers. "Uh...hello. I heard you coming, and since it's just me, I figured it would be safest to get off the trail and hide until you passed. But, uh...can I join you?" she said.


    Today at 1:55 PM

  • Diana:
    "RAAAAAAAGHHHH!" came Beere's bellowed reply, along with the swing of his axe! Only stopping a foot or two shy of slinging the thing down on Shara once he realized this was only another tiny helpless thing and not a danger to the ambassador. "Joining us is dangerous... we are after a chicken dragon."


    Today at 1:58 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    As the gigantic orc came at her with swinging axe gleaming in the late afternoon sun, Shara nimbly dove over a rock, out of the path of the axe, and rolled to a crouch. She did not reach for her sword though. In this situation, her best option would be to run the hell away. Shara couldn't outfight that Orc, but she bet she could outrun him if she headed upslope into the rough terrain. He had his Lady to protect, so he couldn't chase her too far anyway.

    Instead of continuing his attack however, the Orc changed his mind, going from terrifying to merely scary. "A...chicken dragon?" Shara said.


    "It is a long story," Mei-Ling said. "But we are headed toward the top of this mountain," she said, pointing toward a ridge high up toward the peak, where she had seen the dragon disappear. "We expect it will be a long and difficult journey. But at the end of it there will be a dragon. That used to be a chicken, yes, but a dragon just the same." She examined the young girl closely. The way she moved, the way she ended up in a balanced stance, ready for action...Mei-Ling had been trained in the art of appraising people, and she just had a feeling that this girl was more than some traveling waif. But...she could sense no malice beyond the mischievous quirk of the girl's eyebrow when she repeated Beere's words.

    The girl's eyes followed her finger, blinked with surprise, then turned thoughtful. "That one? The third one up from us, with the big white rock near the top?" Mei-Ling nodded, and watched as the girl's eyes switched to confusion. "Uh...you're probably going to think I'm crazy, but...I got this map from an old man in Snowdrop Hollow--he might have been a fae or wizardfolk or the like--and that's one of the destinations it leads to..."

    Mei-Ling gave the girl a smile. "On any other day, I would never have believed such a tale. But today, I am going in search of a chicken dragon. So if it is alright with Beere," she said, nodding to the Orc, "you are welcome to join us."


    Today at 2:34 PM

  • Diana:
    "Are there also snacks in that pack?" Beere asked, genuinely curious. A convenient girl with a map was no worry or suspicion to him. After all, the journey they were on was already so strange that anything could happen at this point! "Come along then Jumpy Legs! Another companion to battle this dragon with can bring even more glory to us all!"


    Today at 2:36 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara tried not to flinch at the new nickname the Orc was offering her. She really tried. Just let it paaaaass, maybe he'll forget about it. "So...is this an actual, honest-to-goodness dragon, and not, say, a dragon the size of a chicken?" Shara said. A flash of memory: a moment back in Snowdrop Village when the old man was spinning his tale of long ago, of a time when dragons soared through the skies. She'd wondered what it would have been like living in such a world.

    "Yes, it is a true dragon. Her name is Paul. We first knew her as a chicken who accompanied another companion of ours who is on another mission. She was not an ordinary chicken though, so perhaps the dragon is her true form. I do not know." Mei-Ling hesitated for a moment. Could she trust the girl? She took a deep breath and let it out. Whatever her failures had been, they had not been due to trusting someone who did not deserve it. "The...Empress Cherivundaluna turned her into a dragon, or reverted her to dragon form. She--the Empress, not the chicken dragon--had been abducted by cultists, and we were trying to rescue her..." she said, then briefly recapped the party's adventures, and the Empress' mysterious transformation from child to young woman.

    Shara's eyes went wide. "The...Empress?" She had never been to the Capital, or any of the great cities of the Nations of the United Peace. The doings of kings and Empresses...all lightning in faraway clouds as far as her life had been concerned. Nor had she ever seen anyone who looked like the Lady before. "I'll...help if I can," she said. BIIIIIIIIIG ADVENTUUUUUURE! "But...do we actually have to battle this dragon? She was a friend of yours--of a sort, wasn't she?"


    43 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    "The chicken dragon snatched the small lady, and so we must get her back. Even if Beere must smash that chicken dragon's head in and roast it over an open fire." Of which Beere didn't sound upset by in the slightest. In fact, he'd probably been trying to eat that damn chicken the whole time but never had the opportunity. "...but to avoid bloodshed would make the ambassador happy. It would be nice to not upset the small lady as well."


    37 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Ambassador?" Shara said.
    "Ah, yes, I am Mei-Ling Yin, Ambassador to the Court of Vundergren from the Jade Temple," the Lady said with an elegant bow. Shara gave a slow nod, mouth agape. This wasn't just a rich person, she was an important person. And did she just... "Uh...pleasure to meet you Milady," Shara replied belatedly, fumbling a curtsy. Mother had taught her how to imitate a noblewoman for...purposes of creative wealth redistribution. But she was way out of practice, and in this particular moment, caught entirely off guard. "I'm...Sharandula Molchaniye Zoloto. But my friends call me Shara." Shara felt a little stab as the words came out of her mouth. She didn't exactly have any friends now, did she?


    26 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    "And Beere is.... BEERE BITTERALE. WARRIOR OF THE THORN MOUNTAIN CLAN." he yelled at the very top of his lungs, once again displacing all the critters in the nearby area and even making several rocks tumble down the side of the steep mountain trail. "Jumpy Legs may call me Beere."


    21 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Shara gave a pouty look at Beere's repetition of that nickname. "If you must call me by a nickname, I am also known as the Golden Fox," she said, keeping her tone light.

    Mei-Ling quietly observed the girl as she joined their party. She moved with an athletic, gung-ho energy. Mei-Ling had never heard of such a character as 'The Golden Fox,' but that meant nothing. She was foreign to this land, and if 'The Golden Fox' was following a map, she could be well away from wherever she was 'known.'



    10 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    Beere squinted at the girl, heaving a big heavy sigh. "Yes, yes, Jumpy Fox then." he agreed. He didn't really see the fox resemblance, but if it was the girl's name, who was he to judge! "We will be mighty companions."


    1 minute ago

  • Diana:
    AND SO THE TRIO CONTINUED THEIR WAY UP THE MOUNTAIN IN SEARCH OF PAUL'S DRAGON LAIR. Would Mei-Ling ever make it back to her own kingdom? Could Beere's bottomless stomach ever be satisfied? Was Shara going to get sucked into a portal before seeing the result of her prophecy touched involvement? Where was And? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON THE CHILD EMPRESS!
 
1707426349681.pngCountess Arsinoe Damarys Severnys Aurelia (WIP)
 
1707426709259.jpeg
Ambassador Wu-Li Jian of the Jade Temple (WIP)
 
1707430242547.png
Doge D'anteri Cavagglio of The Most Serene Republic of Samartis
 
  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE CHILD EMPRESS!
    Today at 12:32 PM​
  • Diana:
    This is a high fantasy setting with kingdoms and magic and cultists. Our magical empress turned a chicken into a dragon and then was kidnapped by the dragon! Will our motely crew be able to save/stop her before the end of the world is brought about a crazy chicken?
    Today at 12:32 PM​
  • Diana:
    TYPE SHORT TYPE FAST! If you write too much or take too long, you will miss the action and people may not be able to read your posts fast enough. Keep it to 10 sentences and under.
    Today at 12:32 PM​
  • Diana:
    Put you character name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who. You can also use bbcode color to differentiate your posts from others!
    Today at 12:33 PM​
  • Diana:
    Game Master posts are in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the story!
    Today at 12:33 PM​
  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY, so don't worry about typos and mistakes. If you get confused or need a little direction, I am in the main chat to help!
    Today at 12:33 PM​
  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
    Today at 12:33 PM​
  • Diana:
    We open to the capital city of Halthea, in the presently in turmoil kingdom of Vundergren. Their one and only single blood heir to the throne, the Child Empress Cherivundaluna Unalin Amalthea, the third of her name, Lady of the Wintergreen Forest, Scourge of the Mountain Goblins... a royal of many titles, has now been missing for a year. Though there is rumor that the girl is still alive and parties are searching for her, there are many who are no longer satisfied with the Regent in charge of making decisions on the child's behalf. In the meeting chambers of the castle, there is quite an argument going on about just WHOM should now receive the title of Emperor or Empress with some threats being tossed around...
    Today at 1:17 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Ambassador Wu-Li Jian of the Jade Temple carefully adjusted his robes and headpiece. Another day at the Court of Vundergren. Another day of trying to hold things together. Another day in which his replacement was missing without trace. The only clue to her disappearance was a report from some gate guards on the day of the riots, that someone had cast the Seal of the Jade Temple from a wagon feeing the city. If she had escaped, why did she not return once the violence had settled? Was she with the Empress? There were some who even suspected the Temple of having abducted the child, but of course he knew that was not true. Thus far, Temple operatives had not been able to track down the missing diplomat, much less the Empress.
    Today at 1:36 PM​
  • Diana:
    The current royal advisor, Count Jaamal Maltesse was currently creating a ruckus at the meeting and accusing everyone he could of malice. The Jade Temple had good reason to be concerned. "The girl is GONE. It's been a year with no word or sign of her beyond rumors! Rumors of a cult AND the Jade Temple's involvement. By this point we should be seeking the next in line for royal ascension, preferably a Vundergren native whose family ties back to the old lineage!
    Today at 1:49 PM​
  • Diana:
    The current Regent, widowed Duchess Feyra Novarelle was at her wits end with these discussions. "An interesting suggestion, when we're all aware it's the Maltesse family that comes closest in succession."
    Today at 1:49 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Countess Arsinoe Damarys Severnys Aurelia kept her face a stoic mask. It had been a year, and no sign of the Empress. The Empress-Regent could offer no prospect of the girl's return. Time, Arsinoe decided, to call for a Conclave to appoint a new Emperor or Empress; the Empress-Regent certainly should not get to benefit from her failure to bring Empress Cerivundaluna back safely. "And for that very reason, House Maltesse has the most reason to be behind the attack in the first place," she said, casting a glance toward the Jade Temple's Ambassador as he entered. "We should choose another House, one that could not anticipate that the loss of the Empress would result in their elevation to the Imperial throne."
    Today at 1:57 PM​
  • Diana:
    "The girl is still out there and alive, we shouldn't be snatching away her inheritance and throwing this kingdom in the hands of someone new simply because some are becoming restless. We're not currently under any duress of threats - our top priority should remain in bringing our Empress back safely home." exclaimed the Regent Feyra.
    Today at 2:10 PM​
  • Diana:

    The Count scoffed. "We've been serving the royal family for generations, even despite the dispute of stolen titles long ago. Especially not where there were plans to have my son betrothed to the girl. There is no need to harm the child just for a clammer to power! But what of you COUNTESS. This cult of death that is supposedly involved..."
    Today at 2:10 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "What of them? House Aurelius does not worship death.
    " Arisinoe replied in a cool tone. "I did not even propose that our House should be the one to found the new Dynasty. The fact that you were already scheming to place your son on the throne does nothing to allay suspicion. What do you know of this 'cult of death?'"
    Today at 2:17 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "With respect to all of your Houses," Wu-Li said, "there is no reason for hasty action. All of your Houses have endured for centuries, as has the peace between them. While the possibility of bringing the Empress home safely remains, please have patience, and let us do all we can to find her, or learn her fate. Until then, is it not in the interests of all, to sustain the stability of your Empire, and of the United Peace Treaty?"
    Today at 2:27 PM​
  • Diana:
    "I know that across several kingdoms there have been reports of people disappearing, even entire towns wiped out but mysterious cloaked figures. Something our Empress-Regent doesn't even seem to be taking seriously..." spat back the Count Maltesse before turning to the Ambassador. "We'll have little peace if the one presently in charge isn't doing her duty."
    Today at 2:31 PM​
  • Diana:
    "These incidents were investigated and little came from it. We know that the cult exists, we know they are worshippers of death and have been luring people into their cult. However... they are quite sly, secretive, almost impossible to track. Imperial guard and spies have had little to no luck - they are not returning from investigations and when they do, they're dead!" explained the Empress-Regent. "Ambassador Wu-Li is correct, however. We are doing every thing that we can, patience is all we have in the moment. I truly believe our Empress will be returned."
    Today at 2:31 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "The time of the Royal Parade is almost upon us," Arsinoe said. "How shall we have a Royal Parade without a Royal? All efforts have been made to locate the Empress, and not one hair of her head, nor scrap of her dress has been found. It is time to face the sad truth that she most likely fell into the hands of these 'death cultists.' I do not think I need to spell out what death cultists would almost certainly do to an innocent child of royal blood. It is time for the Empire and the Treaty nations to declare war on these cultists and introduce them to the object of their worship! The Aurelian Legions stand ready. Enough of this helpless waiting and hand-wringing. Strong leadership is needed!"
    Today at 2:46 PM​
  • Diana:
    "While I hate to agree with the countess over many a thing... In this case, I whole heartedly endorse a war against these cultists. Send an army out of necessary! They've stolen out Empress, we need to show that we won't be attacked and manipulated by these savage murderers!" chimed in the Count!
    Today at 2:55 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "And where, pray tell, should we send this army?" Doge D'anteri Cavagglio of The Most Serene Republic of Samartis, one of the Treaty nations said. "We know nothing of this enemy, their numbers or what arcane powers they possess. Her Excellency says they are recruiting? Then they can be infiltrated. This is a task for spies, not tramping squads of soldiers. Instead of seeking a new Emperor or Empress, with all of the disruption and potential instability that entails, may I suggest instead that Her Excellency the Regent appoint a Strategos, a supreme general to oversee the hunt for these cultists and the war to come? A strong, resolute response to the cultists is necessary, but not a squabble over the Imperial throne."
    Today at 3:09 PM​
  • Diana:
    The Empess-Regent, Duchess Feyra Novarelle hummed as she gave this new suggestion some thought. "I am not keen on calling anything an upcoming war - however, there is merit in finding someone that can infiltrate these cultists to know what we ar truly dealing with. The Imperial guard has not been enough. We're in need of specialists that can actually make their way into the cult itself as well as return alive with proper information."
    Today at 3:25 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Wu-Li listened to these new suggestions in silence. Whether the Imperial response to the cultists should be war, espionage, a policing response or something else was a matter of their own internal policy. He could offer advice if asked, but as long as the proposals did not directly affect the Treaty or the Jade Temple, he had to hold his peace. If the Regent accepts his suggestion, they will simply start squabbling over who gets to be the Strategos, he thought. The Republic's secret service, the Black Cloaks, were renowned and feared for their skills in espionage and assassination, so of course the Doge was angling to be appointed as Strategos. Still, it was better than a struggle for the Imperial throne...
    Today at 3:26 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "I offer the services of the Republic's Black Cloaks," D'anteri said.
    Today at 3:27 PM​
  • Diana:
    "I have several in my personal guard with the skills of espionage. Trained by the same men that educated our former Emperor, may he rest." offered the Count Jaamal Maltesse. "As skilled as any Black Cloak, I can promise."
    58 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "And I, the services of the Inquisitorius," Arsinoe said. "But what else can we call an attack on our Empress herself, if not an act of war? That we have not already mobilized the full might of the Empire is unconscionable! This is why we need strong, decisive leadership. I call for a Conclave!"
    58 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "You can promise, but you cannot deliver," D'anteri replied. "The Black Cloaks are without equal."
    56 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    The Empress-Regent looked about as done as she could possibly be with all of this arguing. "This appears to be a motion of agreement then - that the three of you shall send me two of yours. A team that will work together to hunt down these death cultists, learn as much as they can, and then bring us back the information we need. Upon that time and only that time, we will then see if it is necessary to appoint a new ruling heir to Vundergren. Do you accept these terms?"
    50 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Such a mixed force would squabble over methods and decisions just as we do now," Arsinoe said. "There are already countless random parties of adventurers in search of the Empress. Will one more do any good? A cohesive, united force under central leadership is necessary. The time for dithering has passed. Empress-Regent, I have called for a Conclave. Are you refusing to allow a vote of the Houses for approval?"
    42 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    "I AM refusing!" shouted the Empress-Regent with a raise of her voice for the first time that eve and a slam of her fist on the table. "You want your conclave and a new leader established in my place, then you will ALL be sure that we have the information we need about the fate of our Empress. This title is under my protection until the Empress is of age, until she is safely here returned to her home or her fate has been officially determined. I will NOT hand her title over until I am certain of our true threat. Send me your best or send me no one. But this is what is to be done."
    33 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    The Count Maltesse snorted and didn't look any more pleased than the others, but he'd been in the court for a long time and knew when to play the game. "I will send mine. House Maltesse will do right by the Empress until the day of her death."
    32 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Wu-Li suppressed a sigh. A squabble for the throne might not be avoidable after all. "Respectfully, Countess Arsinoe, any change of leadership brings disruption, no matter how much the new leader may wish otherwise. It is simply the way of things in any hierarchy. The Jade Temple requests that you withdraw your motion. Also, Your Excellency," he said to the Regent, "I will request that the Jade Temple offer any assistance possible to the hunt for the Empress. We also have skillful operatives that we can provide."
    31 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    "The Republic accepts," D'anteri replied. "We shall send our best."
    29 minutes ago​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Arsinoe fumed, but it seemed no one else wanted to assert their House rights to a Conclave. "Very well. House Aurelius will also send her best."
    27 minutes ago​
  • Diana:
    And so in a last ditch attempt to keep the peace, an agreement was made - group of skill spies and specialists would be sent on the hunt for a cult that has so far evaded all others. An attempt to learn the fate of their missing Empress... the empire's throne now hangs in the balance. Shall they find their Empress? Will the Empress-Regent be pushed aside in the favor of an ancient bloodline? A newly elected bloodline? Or will the throne be taken by force? THUS A NEW ROLEPLAY IS BORN. FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON.... CHILD EMPRESS: CLOAK AND DAGGER!