The Case Against Human Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windsong... bad news. My sources tell me that Unobtanium is going to be very difficult to obtain.

We may have to talk to those blue cunts about that tree of theirs.

Windsong... bad news. My sources tell me that Unobtanium is going to be very difficult to obtain.

We may have to talk to those blue cunts about that tree of theirs.
Col+quaritch+humanity+speech+humanity+content+best+content_75d426_5385103.jpg

Reactions: Kadaeux
That image is a little hazy. Try this one instead.

You might have missed the message of the film. It was very subtly woven into the dense, opaque, puzzle-box plot.

Reactions: Windsong
Like I said, Wingsong ... your point of view depends heavily on being the biggest fish in the pond, both as a society and as a person. If an alien civilization that comes along that has your mindset, we're all dead. Similarly, whether you like it or not, someone can barge into your home right now and kill you and you would, by definition of your point of view, be OK with that. They have superior force, after all.

Like I said, Wingsong ... your point of view depends heavily on being the biggest fish in the pond, both as a society and as a person. If an alien civilization that comes along that has your mindset, we're all dead. Similarly, whether you like it or not, someone can barge into your home right now and kill you and you would, by definition of your point of view, be OK with that. They have superior force, after all.
If an Alien civilization wants us gone. We wouldn't even know what hit us. Literally.

And I've said it about three times already. Someone could try. Just because I think the world SHOULD HAVE worked that way doesn't mean I'd be willing to bend over and take it.

Cause all I ever feel guilty for is my ancestors not annihilating other cultures that can't make use of their own natural resources and are now a major source of poverty and disease in the world.
Ancestors.

Past tense.

All dis angst.

Explain?

(And it's not really angst when we're showing rational astonishment at a 25 year old demonstrating the beliefs of an angry 40K-playing teenager)

Last edited:
By the way, I need to lend some context.

When I was 15 years old, I had exactly the same beliefs as you. It took a long series of people slapping me, calling me an idiot and disproving me before I realized that I was just projecting my anger upon the world and trying to frame it in a way that made me edgy and special.

I experienced cold years without love, friendship and self-esteem.

Most of the aforementioned slapping came from online discussion threads, where I would mistakenly stand behind a stupid belief and then be too proud to back down from it.

This is your slapping.

It will help you.

Welcome to the world.

• Love
Reactions: Hana and Brovo
If an Alien civilization wants us gone. We wouldn't even know what hit us. Literally.

And I've said it about three times already. Someone could try. Just because I think the world SHOULD HAVE worked that way doesn't mean I'd be willing to bend over and take it.
They could do a half ass job and also anally probe us. You're hiding behind the assumption that you would be given instantaneous death - but really the point is that the mindset of yours is what is so dangerous. We should be lucky if they came to us with the goal of discovery, sharing, and exchange - not just the idea of stomping us out and replacing us with their colonists.

I experienced cold years without love, friendship and self-esteem.
But I have all of those things in abundance. I simply hate the people in the world, with exceptions.

Rough patches in my childhood. Still had loving parents and friends throughout all that too.

Doesn't change I'd rather have seen the world progress better instead of letting it be held back by silliness. Lookin' at you, dark ages.

They could do a half ass job and also anally probe us. You're hiding behind the assumption that you would be given instantaneous death - but really the point is that the mindset of yours is what is so dangerous. We should be lucky if they came to us with the goal of discovery, sharing, and exchange - not just the idea of stomping us out and replacing us with their colonists.
Any civilization capable if interstellar travel is likely more than capable of wiping us out the same way we spread some bait on an ant colony and watch it crumble.

And I'm done.

Please don't quote or tag me again. And please don't like, thank, comment or do anything that results in your name appearing on my Alerts.

I want to stop thinking about you, as of now.

The only obstacles to progress in the world are people like you.

Please go back to talking to Unanun and other members who are still invested in ridiculing you.

• Thank You

Doubtful. Even if they do a half-ass job they're bound to stumble on the internet first.

Based on the internet they'd probably think that anal-probing is a sign of love and friendship.

Of course, the internet's contents are probably why they're trying to wipe us out :p

'But that's hypocritical because aliens!' is the silliest thing I've ever heard.

Okay, I may be coming to this discussion a bit late. So bare with me really.

Yes, the world is still suffering from past mistakes, just look at Egypt and it's sole claim over the Nile river, given to them by Colonial Britain, which has lead to water poverty and drought in Sudan and Ethiopia. It's the responsibility of current generations to rectify these mistakes which still damage lives in order to improve the quality of lives and prevent further conflict.

Human rights are needed for a democratic nation, democracy cannot occur if one is murdered, tortured etc for voicing their opinions, that's all I can say. China does have some horrid human rights abuses under it's belt and still in it's hands, the torture and imprisonment of political dissidents and followers of Fulan Gong just being to name very few.

Yes, human rights do protect suspected terrorists, but they are suspected, and you can't hope to punish someone without a fair trial, yes, arrest them, charge them, don't put them in "Blacksites" and torture information out of them. Torture does not work, my father, who was trained to withstand torture, knows it doesn't work, you will admit to anything, like under Pinochet and Khmer Rogue, if you're being tortured just to make the pain stop. It adds hypocrisy, very much so, how can we claim to be civilized and democratic if we abduct people we say we suspect of being enemies of the state and then condone nations and organizations who do the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
And now you've been reported.

This thread is doing wonders for you.

And now you've been reported.

This thread is doing wonders for you.
I'm just waiting for someone to take his genocide view and contort it to include a call to Hitler just before the thread pulls a full retard noscope 360 backflip into an oblivion gate.

I'm just waiting for someone to take his genocide view and contort it to include a call to Hitler just before the thread pulls a full retard noscope 360 backflip into an oblivion gate.
Nah

Mehrunes Dagon would shut it down before allowing that :p

Torture is a pretty terrible thing to do to another human being. But how would you get something from someone if all you have is eloquent speaking and lives are on the line?

Surely a line needs to be drawn somewhere, but if information gained through torture leads to saving lives is it justifiable?

Status
Not open for further replies.