The Beasts

J

Jarred

Original poster
(Posts go here: http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=19566)
Unbeknownst to the citizens of Canada,Hawaii,and Australia,the Shields do not exist. There is no slab of rock holding these countries above the roiling molten magma of the Earth. Instead,they rests on the back of gigantic sleeping beasts,put to sleep centuries before by the ancient Gods for an unknown reason. These beasts are the Fire Dragon of the Hawaii Islands,the Ice Giant of Canada,the Wind Cyclops of Australia,and the Water Snake of Atlantis. The Water Snake,turned bitter by millennia of nothing but thought of revenge on the Gods and the impudent humans that infested it's sleeping comrades,broke free of the spell cast by the Gods and sank the land on it's back. It now bides it's time at the bottom of a deep sea trench,waiting for the day the other beasts awaken.

Tasked with keeping Canada frozen and the Giant asleep is the Ice Wizard Covenant,represented by the members of Parliament. In charge of defending the continent from the rogue forces of the Elemental Beasts are the Beast Masters,also known as the Mounties,who are able to harness the power of the dormant giant to summon creatures of ice. Prowling the wilderness and forests of Canada,where it would make no sense for Mounties to be,are the druids,usually in the guise of snow cats.

The Fire Mages are in charge of keeping the Fire Dragon asleep,and are represented by the State Legislature. The Beast Masters are members of The Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources. The druids,in order to avoid suspicion,can usually be found in the form of birds native to Hawaii,Nenes to be more specific,which also allows them to traverse the fragmented land with ease and speed.

To keep the Wind Cyclops asleep,the Gods employed the help of Air Conjurers,represented by Commonwealth Parliament. The Beast Masters are members of The Australian Police Professional Standards Committee,or the APPSC for short. The favorite form of Australian druids is the Saltwater Crocodile.

The Water Magii,residents of Atlantis,managed to escape their doomed city,along with their native Beast Masters,and spread out across the world. They teach their craft to anyone that will listen,as they believe this is the only way to atone for allowing the Water Snake to awaken,and throughout their lessons preach to their students about not letting the other Beasts awaken. But...that's exactly what's happening.

The Beasts are starting to awaken,to shift. Those who managed to contact the Water Snake,through extensive and complicated rituals,say he swears he has nothing to do with it,although he certainly is capitalizing on this opportunity. So what caused this change? Some say it's global warming. Some say it's something not of this Earth. Some say it's the Spell of Sleep,starting to wear off. Whatever the case,it must be stopped. The Beasts must be put back to sleep. Or the world will never be the same.

You are the children of these organizations,and have been studying with private tutors to prepare for the day you would replace your parents. Something is calling you,however. You have begun to have dreams of a sleeping figure,either encased in ice,wrapped in flame,suspended in water,or floating in the middle of a cyclone. Hallucinations of this same figure have begun to plague you. A voice tells you nothing but to find and release them. And that is what you set out to do.

Bio:
Name:
Nickname:
Fire,Water,Air,or Ice:
Mage/Conjurer/Magii/Wizard,Druid,or Beast Master:
If Beast Master,how many years have you trained?:
Heterosexual,Homosexual,or Bisexual:
Looks (Can be description or picture,though I prefer a picture. Pictures can be Anime or Real):
Personality (Anyone who puts 'Meet Me' will be sent to meet the Water Snake in person. Without diving equipment):
Crush (optional):
Favorite Song (optional):
Other:

Ability List:

Beast Master:

Boar
Ostrich
Bird of Prey
Cat
Moth
Scorpion
Wolf
Dog
Fox
Raptor
Bat
Crab
Spider
Hawk
Monkey
Vulture
Crane
Giant Water Strider
Bear
Turtle
Crocodile
Wind Serpent
Basilisk
Hellhound
Chimaera
Giant Worm
Hyena
Wasp
Serpent
Beetle
Gorilla
Giant Spider
Poison Bat
Manta Ray
Warp Stalker (Vicious hounds that can teleport)
Rhino
Spirit Beast (Giant hulking ghost-like apparitions)
Porcupine
Goat

Druid

(I didn't think the animal forms were enough.)
Wrath:
Basic energy bolt.
Moonfire:
Drains target's energy for 14 seconds.
Rejuvination:
A minor healing spell.
Shadowmeld:
Turns human caster invisible. Canceled by movement.
Stalk:
While in any cat form,allows the user to move while invisible. If not in cat form,user will be put in cat form most often used. If no cat form has been used,random cat will be selected.
Entangling Roots:
Conjures roots to ensnare target's ankles,preventing movement.
Healing Touch:
Heals major wound.
Faerie Fire:
Faeries surround the target,preventing invisibility and reducing defense. Also inflicts minor damage.
Hurricane:
Creates a violent storm for half a mile around the caster,inflicting minor damage to all enemies.
Barkskin:
Increases target's defense.
Nature's Grasp:
Any enemy who attacks the caster will be instantly afflicted with the Entangling Roots spell.
Mark of the Wild:
When drawn on a person,increases that person's Strength,Agility,and Intellect for 1 hour.
Hibernate:
Forces target to sleep for 40 seconds.
Tranquility:
Medium healing spell. Affects up to five nearby allies.
Cyclone: Tosses enemy around in the air.
Symbiosis: Gives caster one ability of target for one hour,while also granting the target one of the caster's abilities.

My Bio:

Name:
Jason Marco Thrace
Nickname:
Jay,JJ,Marco
Fire,Water,Air,or Ice:
Ice,somewhat Water
Mage/Conjurer/Magii/Wizard,Druid,or Beast Master:
Ice Wizard,studied under a Water Magii for a while.
Heterosexual,Homosexual,or Bisexual:
Hetero
Looks:
attachment.php
Ignore the ears.
Personality: Cheerful,determined,curious,adventurous,friendly. Very loyal to his friends and vicious to anyone...or anything...that may hurt them.
Crush: None.
Favorite Song: Kevin MacLeod's 'One-Eyed Maestro',https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axUhLTD19xo
Other: None.

I have only one question. Instead of Ice Wizard, why didn't you use Earth? That way all four beasts bore the power of the four main elements of the Planet? I'm not dissing your RP - I'm simply curious. I do think this will take off quickly as well. :3

Name: Kuran Rosalva Marē
Nickname: Kat or Karkitty
Fire, Water, Air, or Ice: Fire - has small knowledge of Air and Water
Mage, Conjurer, Magii, Wizard, Druid, or Beast Master: Fire Mage, but had lived with an Air Conjurerer and is best friends to a Water Magii
Heterosexual, Homosexual, or Bisexual: Bisexual
Looks: Standing five foot seven inches and weighing approximately one-hundred and twenty pounds, Kat has light crème colored skin that balances out great against her bright red hair. Her button-nose match up with her ears and her lips are a fairly pale shade of pink. Her hair is usually curled up messily (natural once air dried after showers etc.) and it frames her heart shaped face quite efficiently. She also has side bangs that sweep towards the left. Eyes are an emerald green with yellow/ hazel around the iris. She wears casual clothes like: old sweaters, jeans, comfy shoes, and she adores finding new scarves in houses or other places. She wears this strange necklace that is also a tattoo on her right wrist. Another tattoo resides behind her right ear.
tumblr_loekf6G9JE1qzld2mo1_500_large.jpg
Personality: Very rebellious and intelligent, Kat is known for her hot-headed behavior and keen eyesight. She is also very loyal and courteous to her fellow comrades. She is eerily calm in dangerous predicaments and is always one to think of an easy solution to a difficult problem. Believing in own opinions and justice she will only hurt someone with good and fair intentions or just by accident. When cornered she becomes sarcastic and humorous, but in normal conversation she is quite eccentric and smart. She takes no crap from anyone and is rarely known to act on the bad things people say to urk her. If she deems you ignorant or useless, due to your attitude or behavior, she will simply ignore you or throw a sarcastic remark your way every once and awhile. Her personality isn't always angry or defensive though, she used to be very playful and nice with just a hint of perverted humor and sometimes that comes out on her good days. Although at times she will be very outgoing and happy, she tries to keep those emotions hidden so she doesn't give anything away.
Crush (optional): Nobody
Favorite Song (optional): Damage I've Done - Anarbor
Other: She believes Muffins are just ugly cupcakes.

Name: Clyde James Liddel
Nickname: Cid or Ciddo
Fire, Water, Air, or Ice: Water
Mage, Conjurer, Magii, Wizard, Druid, or Beast Master: Water Magi, but Kat has taught him small amount of Fire
Heterosexual, Homosexual, or Bisexual: Heterosexual
Looks: He weighs one-hundred fifty pounds with noticeable muscles on his upper arms, chest, stomach, and calves, but it isn't overly or sickening. Standing exactly six foot one inch the teen's hair is a chocolate brown disheveled mess that lightly curls at the ends - but not much. His eyes are a brilliant dull grey color with not much hidden behind them. He wears both rebellious and casual clothes like: his favorite leather jackets, sweaters, jeans, and comfy shoes. He has two tattoos, one covering his whole left arm and one on his right shoulder blade (tattoo towards the bottom right).
50666.jpg
Personality: Cid is very intellectual and cunning with a hint of over confidence mixed in. He is a friendly soul with much on his mind and he isn't afraid to throw it all up to whomever is around. He takes things very lightly, whether it be bad news or not. Unfortunately, he doesn't trust people as easily as they trust him and this sometimes forms a rift between allies or friends he has met. When cornered violently he acts as if it a joke to confuse his threatener until they deem him crazy and he can beat them to a pulp. Cid isn't afraid to bare his fists or act with physical or mental violence. He isn't one to ignore an argument between others which can get him into a load of trouble later on. He believes everyone is special in their own ways and his happy-go-lucky attitude rubs off on anyone that needs it the most. He can become a big flirt as well. Some believe his outgoing ways as a sign of weakness, but really madness lurks just behind his surface. And it awaits for its time to be unleashed, this world has changed a small part of him in ways I can't even describe.
Crush (optional): None
Favorite Song (optional): Somewhere In Neverland - All Time Low
Other: Has lost over twenty pairs of glasses in the last two months.​

Yay,thanks for joining! I didn't do Earth because I wanted to include Canada,and it's apparently know worldwide for it's nonstop snow. FYI,that isn't actually true. Also,there IS an Earth being,but it's not a Beast. It's Gaia,mother of the Greeks titans and the spirit of the Earth.

I've gone with beast master, but could you just clarify the positions a little bit. I think I've got the right one though. xD I know her CS isn't great, I'll probably add to it at some point.

Name: Aria Perry
Nickname: NA
Fire,Water,Air,or Ice: Air
Mage/Conjurer/Magii/Wizard,Druid,or Beast Master: Beast Master
Heterosexual,Homosexual,or Bisexual: Heterosexual
Looks (Can be description or picture,though I prefer a picture. Pictures can be Anime or Real): [SPOILI]
Aria.jpg
[/spoili]
Personality (Anyone who puts 'Meet Me' will be sent to meet the Water Snake in person. Without diving equipment): Aria is an ambitious young woman, and her determination to succeed often manifests itself in terribly impulsive behaviour that usually gets her into trouble. Despite this, when it really matters it is possible for her to become focused and restrained enough to be pretty damn useful. Her personality in social contexts is pretty stable. She's a confident person, willing to talk to anyone, though she doesn't particularly enjoy too much serious conversation. All in all, she's open and friendly, it just happens to be that this works against her more often than not.

Mages/Magii/Conjurers/Wizard: Magic users that utilize elemental magic. Strongest when using the element of their beast,but it's possible for them to learn the other elements. It's like the difference between learning to play one maraca and learning to play the piano.

Druids: Pretty straightforward. Can turn into animals.

Beast Masters: Can summon monsters/battle pets to aid them.

Is that what you meant by clarify?

Yes indeedy. We're sticking with beast master :D

Alrighty then. Post when ready! *Cavalry trumpet*

Edit: I'm talking to you,Psychedelic.

Edit of an edit: Also,Beast Masters won't be able to summon huge creatures right off the bat. Someone just starting out would only be able to summon,like,a fire beetle. Be sensible.

Sorry about that post...Now I'm going to bed.

Here's the list of abilities for the different classes. I'll edit it into the first post.

Beast Master:

Boar
Ostrich
Bird of Prey
Cat
Moth
Scorpion
Wolf
Dog
Fox
Raptor
Bat
Crab
Spider
Hawk
Monkey
Vulture
Crane
Giant Water Strider
Bear
Turtle
Crocodile
Wind Serpent
Basilisk
Hellhound
Chimaera
Giant Worm
Hyena
Wasp
Serpent
Beetle
Gorilla
Giant Spider
Poison Bat
Manta Ray
Warp Stalker (Vicious hounds that can teleport)
Rhino
Spirit Beast (Giant hulking ghost-like apparitions)
Porcupine
Goat

Druid

(I didn't think the animal forms were enough.)
Wrath:
Basic energy bolt.
Moonfire:
Drains target's energy for 14 seconds.
Rejuvination:
A minor healing spell.
Shadowmeld:
Turns human caster invisible. Canceled by movement.
Stalk:
While in any cat form,allows the user to move while invisible. If not in cat form,user will be put in cat form most often used. If no cat form has been used,random cat will be selected.
Entangling Roots:
Conjures roots to ensnare target's ankles,preventing movement.
Healing Touch:
Heals major wound.
Faerie Fire:
Faeries surround the target,preventing invisibility and reducing defense. Also inflicts minor damage.
Hurricane:
Creates a violent storm for half a mile around the caster,inflicting minor damage to all enemies.
Barkskin:
Increases target's defense.
Nature's Grasp:
Any enemy who attacks the caster will be instantly afflicted with the Entangling Roots spell.
Mark of the Wild:
When drawn on a person,increases that person's Strength,Agility,and Intellect for 1 hour.
Hibernate:
Forces target to sleep for 40 seconds.
Tranquility:
Medium healing spell. Affects up to five nearby allies.
Cyclone:
Tosses enemy around in the air.
Symbiosis:
Gives caster one ability of target for one hour,while also granting the target one of the caster's abilities.