The Academy

• Thread starter LifeAsALittleSister
  • Start date
Vic tilted his head. He had an idea for why he was here. Sort of. He knew he had fucked up at school which lead to arguments ans a whole mess which landed him here. . He thought back to to moment.
He had gotten in a bad fight with his father over a fling Vic had with another girl, and in a moment of stupidity he thought it would be a great idea to go to school under the influence. While he was there he went off at a teacher and repeated everything Richard told him to say. He ended up saying personal things that no one had known about that teacher so they thought he was a freak Phsycic till he explained. Vic let out a slight laugh.
"I, uh, have these voices in my head." He tapped his temple lightly. "Their names are Richard and Lizzie. They tell me stuff about people. Personal stuff about people. Or sometimes they know where stuff is. Like..." Vic looked around at the people in the garden For an example.
'See that girl over there? The one with brown hair? She has a lucky rabbits foot keychain in her bag and a golden horseshoe charm bracelet. She probably believes in good luck, bad luck stuff.' Said Lizzie, trying to be helpful.
"That brown haired girl haired girl had a lucky rabbits foot keychain and a charm bracelet with horseshoes. She's probably into good luck and stuff. I can tune them out sometimes but it's kinda hard to." he chuckled. Usually when he tried to explain it, people thought he was crazy. Which was why he ended up diagnosed with schizophrenia. He switched gears quickly. "I haven't gotten a real handle on this whole 'special ability' school thing or terms yet. Do you mind if I ask what Synesthesia is?" He said nervously.

Oliver's eyebrows rose as Vic told him that he heard voices. "Oh, really?" he asked, amazed that Vic's voices could tell him such personal things about people. He almost wanted to ask what the voices in Vic's head told him about himself. But before he could, Vic was asking him what synesthesia was.

"Oh, um...voices make colors appear in my head, when I speak, I sometimes taste things in my mouth, music sort of makes shapes in my head...it's...hard to explain. I take anxiety and sleep meds to sort of keep the tastes and shapes stuff down, but...well, the colors get pretty bad, especially when I'm with a lot of people. And...when I read, the letters also make colors in my head, and sometimes words make me feel warm or cold all over, or really soft...it's hard to explain...the scientists here told me most people with synesthesia only have one of these things, but I have all of them...they think its because the neurons in my mind are interconnected with different parts of my brain...I probably sound crazy..."

Jessica cocked her head as she heard Nickolai's whispers towards her.

"I know Nickolai...we need to get out of here...scan the area...see what you can find..."

With that said, Nickolai searched from room to room, then stopped at the garden where Vic and Oliver were talking.

Jessie was shaking, her eyes were rolled into the back of her head.

Hurry Nickolai! It hurts me when your too far away!

Nickolai made Oliver feel cold for a second before leaving to find a weak place for breaking out. The entity returned and Jessica took a deep breath then started coughing up a storm, a hand was placed on the girl shoulder, "are you okay?" The man asked.

"Don't touch me!" Jessica yelled yanking her shoulder away from the stranger who backed away.
The young woman touched below her left nostril, blood.
The woman coughed before walking away, this time she only ate a little.

Vics eyes practically shone with interest. He hadn't heard about that Before. It was intersting.
"Really? Does that happen with all people you meet? Man, you must have gotten wicked migraines as a kid... Wait! What about me? What does my voice do?" He asked curiously. Though she paused and titles her head.
'There's another new girl here you know? An--' Richard started, but got interrupted.
'Hey! Keep an eye on the clock! You gotta go to that test on a few minutes. Unless your gonna skip this like you skip your classes.' Said Lizze in a rather sassy voice. Unhappy she never got a thank you for her help. Vic rolled his eyes and ignored the voice. Though it didn't work well. He heard a few words from the voices every now and then.

Jessica walked down the hallway past the garden, "where is it Nickolai?" she asked.

Inside the hospital wing in the first room was a damp wall that looked eaten away at mostly by age.

"Perfect," Jessica smiled "but first we need to find out why they are keeping all these people here..."
more whispering was heard in the young womans head and she just breathed slowly.

"I know Nickolai, but listen...all my life I had been locked away as an experiment...well im tired of it all...I'm a human being and I would rather die than have no freedom."
The girl looked around, "gaurds are everywhere...so while I am in the garden I need you to search the main office okay? I have a feeling that this isn't just a school, otherwise they wouldn't have put me in here...along with all these other people..."

Moments later, Jessica appeared in the doorway and pursed her lips when she saw Oliver.
The woman walked past him saying a quick "hi," before walking to the back of the garden and sitting on a bench.

Hurry Nickolai...if anyone touches me then I could loose focus!

Jessica's eyes rolled to the back of her head as her body tensed, her mouth parted a little before she gripped her teeth.

As Vic asked him about his synesthesia, Oliver suddenly became really cold, and shivered. Then, it passed, and he answered, "Yeah, it happens with everyone...umm, your voice is...it's kinda hard to explain, it's like a purple with white in it, and it's fuzzy...but there's something weird about it. I'm not sure, maybe it's because of your voices...?" He shrugged, unsure of how he could explain it better.

Soon, the girl from yesterday appeared in a doorway nearby. She said a quick greeting, but quickly was walking to the back of the garden. Sighing softly, he glanced back at Vic through his thick glasses. "So, uh, where do you come from? Like, what school were you at before here?"