The 4th Age (LotR Based RP)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Indeed we could definitely use more mundane characters that make the fantasy parts more fantastical! I made my characters with that in mind. I've played a lot of high fantasy recently so I was hoping for some low-middle fantasy where magic is something fascinating and amazing instead of just a norm to most people, as at some point when magic is everywhere it loses it's charm and mages just become normal 9-5 workers like everyone else (pardon the modern phrasing).

This is just a suggestion, but the rise of technology would be something awesome to deal with in the RP as magic is leaving as the dwarves dwindle (which is something my character seeks to fix hopefully but that's a character goal and not a RP goal), and the elves leave. Granted nothing like steampunk (ok maybe a little would be fine).

However as Azerreth has stated this is your RP and you can run it as you please! Don't let us push you around if you want something and a few of us disagree. While this is a collaborative effort, it won't go anywhere without the captain at the wheel to guide the ship. Everyone is here to have fun, if you need help ask for it and we'll gladly help. Some of us may disagree on things, but it's nothing major, I can live with another high fantasy game, but I would prefer something where magic is more scarce compared to the third age or equal. I can live with more magic though I would disagree with it based on lore. This is your game, run it as you like!

The only thing I have to comment as that we're supposed to represent people and kingdoms, and as much as a cool edgy loner can be, making a great mage who wields the elements, or that special person whose one of a kind (I'm guilty of this I know), that's not why we were selected for this task, we are here as representatives first and foremost. For Ward for the rangers since most of them don't have magic, neither does he, and for Guald I kept in mind some dwarves can use magic but not most so he only has a little. My only request is that others keep this in mind and do the same as they build their characters.

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
I mean, you're right. and when you're right, you're not wrong.

So, here's what we will do. Once I add our dwarf friend to the cast, any additional characters accepted must be of a more mundane variety. Human, Elf, Dwarf, or Hobbit. I strongly believe you can make an interesting character without making their lineage or powerset significant or unique. Some of the most interesting characters are very ordinary in terms of some of those around them.

If you have objections, I apologize. However, I do think I really need to stop deliberating and start moving things along. Perhaps i'm too passive as a GM and that's why my prior stories have had so many complications.

At any rate, rambling aside, thank you for your words, your interest, and of course, the offerings of assistance you have all provided. I am truly appreciative, and I absolutely look forward to writing with you.

@The Baron I do hope you make a hobbit so I can have a drinking competition with you! 😄
If not I hope @Queen of Madness is willing to! I'm hyped up for some dwarf and hobbit fun!
Edit: Would be awesome if you were related to Sam and Rosie!

Last edited:
knight_by_olga_tereshenko_da86j9u-fullview.jpg
Name: Rostor.
Species: Human.

Skills: Swordsmanship. Jousting. Horse riding.
Magic: Magic? He spits on magic.
Equipment: Long sword. Light armour which is more suitable for travelling in.

Personality: Stubborn and stern, he often comes across as rude. But he has an unbridled fury that can make him a dependable ally or a terrible foe. Rostor often struggles to contain his temper or hold back a harsh remark. He says what he thinks and expects others to listen. As the heir to one of the noble families of Gondor he can be entitled and overly proud, however that same pride is a driving force that pushes Rostor to grow stronger and never allows him to quit.

History: From a young age Rostor was raised to be a knight. Taught to fight with swords and spears, trained to ride horses and joust. Educated on battle tactics and campaign strategies. His childhood was spent with blistered hands and injuries. So that when he became an adult, when he fought for the first time, there were no more injuries. Throughout Gondor he has gained a reputation as being the untouched knight.

All his life he has lived in fine clothes or heavy armour. Knowing not the plight of simpler folk, never understanding how they suffer. Rostor has fought in battles and even lead small armies, but with his thick armour and a retinue of bodyguards keeping him safe. Never has he forgone that safety.

Until he was given a new order. To travel alone, to a council and represent Gondor's interests in the discussion of a new ring maker. Rostor knows that he must protect Gondor and family's honour by bringing a ring home. Only by using its power can his city be kept safe. So he set out from Minas Tirith on his own. Travelling light and fast, without bodyguards, without his armour as it would only slow him down.

Dislikes: Elves and Dwarves. Magic. Bad food. Dirt.

(Appearance: Knight, by Olga-Tereshenko on DeviantArt)

Maybe a little more mundane than my previous character, but I think I'll enjoy him nonetheless. I've always enjoyed a good old fashioned knight. He needs some more work but I think this is a good start.

BEEP. Wondering what's going on in here. Still planning on this?

I'm still in

Reactions: Tufty Bunny
Some very unfortunate circumstances have come up in my personal life. A lot is uncertain right now. I fully intend to do this rp, though. I will know more tomorrow, and once I do I can look into getting this properly started.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to all of you. I know you've worked hard on your characters and everything. Please bear with me.

I'm still in for this

Sorry you're going through stuff Mog, hope it gets sorted and you're doing well!

Reactions: EldridSmith
I edited my form on page three, she is still missing a personality xDD
So the thing is I think @The Dapper Mog is having their NPC present the new rings at the meeting or something in that nature, as while we're going to go on an epic adventure because of it... no one is supposed to start with a ring.

Reactions: Lylith
It's included in my bio as well, simply because I didn't want to rewrite it after the first few posts. I think it should be okay to include as long as you don't meta the rings powers until the OP tells us what they do

Just busy with college atm, I'm doing fine otherwise. Ofc I'm still hyped for this!

If this isn't gonna kick off it would be nice to know so that I could take over and continue it in a different thread and people could port over their characters to re-use.

If you're concerned, I won't be offended if you go ahead and use the idea. I'm in a really precarious situation with my home and am working a shit ton of hours. It's difficult to find time to do much of anything for fun right now.

I just wanted to know whether it was going to actually kick off or not.
If you're unable to host it, I know that I can

I made an edit to Ward's voice, it will be interesting and more fun this way later down the line.
Hello.

From what I have read so far, the concept is a very interesting take on LoTR, with a cast of characters that is both unique and exciting. Whether this RP goes forward under new management or not, I would still love to join.

Welcome aboard we're glad to have you! Only thing I have to say is when making a character please refrain from using magic as we already have a lot of casters in the party.

I made an edit to Ward's voice, it will be interesting and more fun this way later down the line.
Hello.

From what I have read so far, the concept is a very interesting take on LoTR, with a cast of characters that is both unique and exciting. Whether this RP goes forward under new management or not, I would still love to join.

Welcome aboard we're glad to have you! Only thing I have to say is when making a character please refrain from using magic as we already have a lot of casters in the party.
Not gonna lie, I really like Ward. An Ork/Elf hybrid, especially under the circumstances of Tolkiens world sounds like such a dope concept.

Just out of curiosity, in which region was he born and/or is currently running in??

Hello.

Not gonna lie, I really like Ward. An Ork/Elf hybrid, especially under the circumstances of Tolkiens world sounds like such a dope concept.

Just out of curiosity, in which region was he born and/or is currently running in??
Thank you! I'm glad you like the concept, I thought it would be something Tolkien would like as one of his greatest regrets was making the orcs irredeemable, so I'm hoping to see things put to right in this RP and Ward take a step in the right direction. As for where he is now, he is stationed in Mirkwood and around Rhun helping clear out the corruption that was laden there by Sauron.