The 4th Age (LotR Based RP)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
That is an absolutely fascinating character concept. So long as she isn't too strong, I'll allow it. You are heroes of your age, after all.

Oh! I've decided on a year. We're on the 240th year of the 4th age. Please make note of this.
Thank you ! I've tried to keep her magic mostly to two basic functions: Being able to directly harm ghosts without a magic blade, and light. Not overpowered but fairly useful in a fantasy world with dark lords

I'll add the extra 140 years to her age

I don't imagine Rhun being much if any different in this time period.
I see so home of the easterlings which hate the west, it being mostly forests, hills, and plains.

Reactions: Xenotrix Metamorph
@Tufty Bunny Would you be interested in connections between our characters? He was raised around that area but moved eastward later when the restoration of mirkwood began.

Also @The Baron @Strider Kai @The_Vargamor You guys still in?

Would you be interested in connections between our characters? He was raised around that area but moved eastward later when the restoration of mirkwood began.
Sounds good to me. She's probably provided lodgings to him when passing through, and as being not-exactly-human she would be more understanding of his orc half.

She likely knew the old man who raised him too. Timeline wise the old man may have been one of those rangers who first helped her, if you want a deeper connection.

Silly question about him: If Uruk's are half off and half human, or maybe twisted humans the same as orcs are twisted elves… Is he quarter orc, quarter human, and half elf?

Reactions: EldridSmith
Would you be interested in connections between our characters? He was raised around that area but moved eastward later when the restoration of mirkwood began.
Sounds good to me. She's probably provided lodgings to him when passing through, and as being not-exactly-human she would be more understanding of his orc half.

She likely knew the old man who raised him too. Timeline wise the old man may have been one of those rangers who first helped her, if you want a deeper connection.

Silly question about him: If Uruk's are half off and half human, or maybe twisted humans the same as orcs are twisted elves… Is he quarter orc, quarter human, and half elf?
Lodgings for his yearly visit sounds good. Since you were also taken in by his mentor you can be considered as like one of the rangers to him. I can see him taking off his armor under your care with that trust.

As for Uruk, only the Uruk-hai were suggested as half breeds in the books but not explicitly stated like the movies, however the black uruk of mordor were not and had been around far longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tufty Bunny
The plan is for the party to convene at the meeting and be put together there. So, yes, if you guys could work out how and why you arrived there, it would definitely be helpful. :)
Dope! A few questions for you:
Who do we have for characters officially so far with the half done sheets and all? I want to know what I have to work with for making connections
What town/province are we meeting in? This can change some characters reasons, ways of arriving, etc
How do we come to know of this meeting/be invited? I'm assuming I would represent the rangers, but am I allowed a person to come with? (Possibly how Tufty's character comes with since he may know of her ability to fight spirits)

Last edited:
I surely hope we're RPing here on Iwaku

I hope so too

Any further thoughts @EldridSmith About Ward and Morgana? I was thinking that they've got experience hunting and fighting together, maybe? If he's passed through and told her about a particularly difficult or dangerous enemy, then she may have helped him a few times? I think Ward may also be among the few that know she was a wraith

He is usually able to handle himself in combat, but he mostly fights in melee and would for sure ask for aid if he had to take down a larger bandit group in the area (since plate armor isn't invincible), probably with you supporting with ranged attacks or if a bear or something large like that he would definitely have backup to flank it. I would think over his time he would ask you for help regarding a rabid bear and 2 large bandit groups around Bree. Yes his mentor would likely have fondly told him the story and that he could rely on you since we're both... well for lack of a better term freaks.
@Tufty Bunny

He is usually able to handle himself in combat, but he mostly fights in melee and would for sure ask for aid if he had to take down a larger bandit group in the area (since plate armor isn't invincible), probably with you supporting with ranged attacks or if a bear or something large like that he would definitely have backup to flank it. I would think over his time he would ask you for help regarding a rabid bear and 2 large bandit groups around Bree. Yes his mentor would likely have fondly told him the story and that he could rely on you since we're both... well for lack of a better term freaks.
@Tufty Bunny
Sounds good to me. Rabid bear makes sense and large bandit groups also make sense. She is proficient enough with a bow and arrow to provide ranged assistance and to stop Ward's armour from being overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

Yeah, I imagine the old man figured Morgan's and Ward had a lot more in common than they do with any other ranger. Their differences that normally drive them away from others (or others away from them) could certainly be a good friend/team bonding point

Hey, guys, plan is for rping here. Sorry, I've been quite busy.
Good, I was hoping for here. Don't apologise, most people are busy over the weekends xD Hope you're well and can give us some more details as soon as you're able.

@Tufty Bunny
Sounds good to me. Rabid bear makes sense and large bandit groups also make sense. She is proficient enough with a bow and arrow to provide ranged assistance and to stop Ward's armour from being overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

Yeah, I imagine the old man figured Morgan's and Ward had a lot more in common than they do with any other ranger. Their differences that normally drive them away from others (or others away from them) could certainly be a good friend/team bonding point

Hey, guys, plan is for rping here. Sorry, I've been quite busy.
Good, I was hoping for here. Don't apologise, most people are busy over the weekends xD Hope you're well and can give us some more details as soon as you're able.
Now that I think about it, since you awoke at the end of the 3rd age and I was born at that point, you may have met my character as an infant and grown up together.

Now that I think about it, since you awoke at the end of the 3rd age and I was born at that point, you may have met my character as an infant and grown up together.
Yeah, she woke up as the Witch-king died (since he was her creator, not sure how wights are made but his death basically undid her curse). She could have seen Ward as an infant and seen him grow. She did awaken as an adult so she they wouldn't have grown up together so much as she watched him grow up

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EldridSmith