That fucking thread I just posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed all the fun.. A pity. :c

Endless Legend was so much more worth the time.

IJtZmtD.gif

Maybe. Do you like 4x games that blow the competition away?
I love 4x
I didn't know it blows the competition away though.

Hrm.

Welp fuck the most recent Civ I guess I'll go after that one :D

There goes my money, look at it go!
I love 4x
I didn't know it blows the competition away though.

Hrm.

Welp fuck the most recent Civ I guess I'll go after that one :D
It's a blast and fairly easy to learn.

Everything that should've been in Civ V is there. Different races feel different. Better tech researching. Queuing buildings. Automated cities if it's getting too tedious.

Also, major point: combat is turn based strategy on the actual world map. Definitely a breath of fresh air compared to "unit on tile goes bang bang and others rush in with clubs"

Oh thats good.
I feel as thats been a problem with tons of 4xs.

Ill defo have to pick it up

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
Ooh, I gotz unlokked.

And yes... that thread was an obvious trap.

All the positive ratings were from people who knew me and have been here a long time, soaking up the community spirit. All of the negative ratings were from new members who have just joined and members of the Great Migration.

In short, those who caused that PSA to be put up were the ones responsible for escalating my joke thread.

Draw your own conclusions. Most will say that this is natural, and I am offensive to the unfamiliar.

But I for one am troubled. I would never join a long-standing forum and immediately start throwing around smites, venomous opinions and personal attacks. That is a ridiculous course of action. I only act the way I do because I have been here so long and have built up a huge credit of in-jokes and friendships.

But myself, Tegan, Unanun and others have been on the receiving end of quite aggressive attacks, from people who don't have the first idea about us.

You may argue that I've done the same to others.... well, who am I kidding? You're going to argue about every point I've made. And that, in essence, is my point. The latest comment from Scribz in the PSA demonstrates the new mindset that seems to be taking over - that forums are places of conflict by any other name.

I remember when it was different. I hope the staff do too. This is not a natural forum evolution. This is an ailment.

Please show humility. We're here to have fun, not intimidate each other.

But I for one am troubled. I would never join a long-standing forum and immediately start throwing around smites, venomous opinions and personal attacks. That is a ridiculous course of action. I only act the way I do because I have been here so long and have built up a huge credit of in-jokes and friendships.
Herewegoagain.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
IF this is sincere. Then so be it. I can see the point. But you know, there are better ways to go about things. Way better ways. I myself have had to adapt coming here, and I quite like the way things goes here. Obviously, my own heated temper and tendency to throw my opinion around could use a little restraint. It has been part of the reason for one or two closed threads. As for attacks, I see you taking potshots at new people (Migrationers as you call them) every chance you seem to get. Pot calling kettle black perhaps?

If it's not sincere and your doing the same circle jerk "hurr my joke is gonna be appreciated by those that know me and we'll make a bunch of comments about it and feel smug", then do carry on. It's a juvenile past time at best.

Thanks for completely missing the point again, Hellis.

And no, Brovo, it doesn't have to be "here we go again". You can just choose to do what grown-ups do when they see something on the internet they disagree with. MOVE ON WITH THEIR LIVES.

But I guess all of you have got to make a name for yourselves and turn everything into a pissing contest.

I'm going to go roleplay now. I suggest you all do the same.

This thread can be relocked now.

That's because the forum environment enables being petty. Before, what outlet did you have? You could rage and then be laughed away. But now, you can mob someone you don't like and flood them with downratings. Ratings give teeth to people online.

• Thank You
Reactions: Asmodeus
Missing the point? I answered best I could to it. With you I don't know when you are being serius, as your past posts since I've gotten here have been hard to read to say the least. I said I liked it here, and that I was trying to reel in my own problematic mindset and I get a snide, rude comment? I am sorry, if I am missing the point, please enlighten me then. Don't just wave me off. Was it the Pot calling kettle black comment? Becouse you are doing the exact same thing you are accusing others for.

And yes... that thread was an obvious trap.
Nice. And that's no sarcasm.

I only act the way I do because I have been here so long and have built up a huge credit of in-jokes and friendships.

But myself, Tegan, Unanun and others have been on the receiving end of quite aggressive attacks, from people who don't have the first idea about us.
Acquiring a tight-knit circle of mates on a forum is all well and swell, but you probably should've made this post in response to the aggressive responses that you received from ill-informed members earlier rather than later. I don't know about everyone else (and I'm bound to attract negative ratings and outbursts of protest with this very comment), but when it comes to forums, I don't have the urge or the energy to sift through and thoroughly evaluate each and every social group to learn their modes of operation. I literally cannot be assed to learn the forum culture; to me, it isn't necessary, and it's only a requirement promoted by wizened members who have long since established themselves in the community and have consequently helped in shaping it to their liking.

Plus, it seems that whenever I do try to get a firm understanding of a forum's culture (and mind you, this is speaking solely from my time spent on other forums other than Iwaku), I either don't fall in line well or I feel like I'm displaying a particular demeanor just so that I may fit in better with a bunch of faceless randoms on the Internet. I'll learn the forum's rules, the general posting etiquette and make a valid attempt at not being a dickwad, but none of that changes the fact that I register forums as disposable resources and their members as associates.

I apologize for taking your thread the wrong way and ragging you. But damn that thread rustled my jim-jams something fierce.

Kind of shocked it made it past the troll radar tbh.

And no, Brovo, it doesn't have to be "here we go again". You can just choose to do what grown-ups do when they see something on the internet they disagree with. MOVE ON WITH THEIR LIVES.
He says as he once again attempts to provoke a large sum of people by stating that...
But I for one am troubled. I would never join a long-standing forum and immediately start throwing around smites, venomous opinions and personal attacks.
You opened your mouth. People are allowed to tell you how stupid the words coming out of it sounds. I'm sorry that it bothers you that people are blunt and honest and don't always, immediately support your every movement.

I mean, if you wanna call me names some more after asking for...
Please, go right on ahead and do so.

• Love
Reactions: Drakel and Windsong
Well, I still say he needs more hugs in his life, and that opinion isn't going to change. Starting a ruckus to prove a point is the same as shoving a bleeding limb in front of a shark to see if it's hungry. Either way you look at it, it's going to bite you in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.