Ten Feet of Pure White Snow (Nav and Wooseog)

"A stupid idea?" Dahlia finished the sentence for Dean, but she found herself unsure if she was merely finishing his thought, or stating one of her own. Truly, while Dean had compared it to a low-budget Bollywood movie, this sounded like something straight out of Hollywood, and just as silly and unbelievable to boot. Her feelings were torn as her face tried to maintain the tight-lipped smile that was barely restraining the dam of doubt and fear just below the surface. Part of her wanted to shoot this idea down, but she didn't have that choice anymore, her choices were taken away the second she put on those damn sandals. So she listened to Dean patiently, weighing each of his words while trying to suss out of she herself had the gumption to go through with it.

When Dean finished speaking, Dahlia dropped the phony smile, leaving way for uncertainty to take over her face, complete with a nervous twirling of her hair around her slender finger. Then she chuckled, sort of, as Dean struggled to find the words "less you," she smiled at him encouragingly, giddy in the fact he was being polite, even if this conversation wasn't a comfortable one. Heck, the mention of a date even gave Dahlia a chill (or tingle, she hadn't decided.) Evy and Dean on a date, but it would really be her and Dean. Fake date, that was. Dahlia would have laughed, if she didn't feel like throwing up.

"Aw Dean, I never knew you felt that way," Dahlia teased before getting down to business. "I've played as Evelyn before, even our mama couldn't tell the difference between us it's just..." Dahlia looked from Dean, to Marco, then down to the ground, before she let out a heavy sigh. Slowly bringing her gaze back up, her eyebrows tightly furrowed, and lines on her forehead appeared that made it look as if the smile she wore moments ago could never appear on such a face.

"Fuck." She stopped. " Shit. Pissasswhorebitchcuntbastardfuck. Fuck this. Fuck you. Fuck me. Fuck it. I'll do it. We won't get anywhere if we don't ID the snake. Right? I want this. I want this Dean." Dahlia grabbed Dean's hand. It was almost as if Evelyn had stepped in to take her sisters place, her tone matched, and potty mouth; but when she looked at Dean there was a familiar softness. After a few seconds, she let go of his hand and folded it over her lap gently. "Sorry. I had to get into character." Dahlia excused herself while not feeling too terribly bad, while she hated swearing, she couldn't pass as her sister for a damn second without it.

"So I'll be Evelyn, and you'll be Dean I guess? No need for an alibi, right. And Marco will take on the role of seeing-eye dog, talented pooch," Dahlia commented, leaning back in her chair and looking up at the camera warily. She was trying to act more like Evelyn, but with Dean, it was a tad more difficult. She found it strange trying to act casual around him, despite the fact he had already become well acquainted with her unfiltered way of being. Something about him made her question herself, and that may be the hardest part of the operation.

"Okay, it's a date. It's a crazy idea, but I don't wanna be negative about it either. Okay? We'll work together, and give it a shot, for my freedom." Dahlia extended her hand straight forward to shake his, looking at him seriously and confidently. The two of them had done enough bickering to satisfy a lifetime. "Until this is over, whatever the outcome: Friends?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nav
He hadn't known Dahlia very long, but he knew her well enough that if she wasn't jumping excitedly at an idea, she wasn't interested. So, when she remained quiet with a smile forcible screwed on to her face like it had been cast in plaster rather than muscle and bone, he knew he hadn't done a good enough job convincing. For that, he cursed internally at himself a little, swiping a hand through his hair with a slight grimace. It didn't help that her first comment post his mumbling was a wise-cracking joke. "Yea, uhh…." He commented, his ears going hot with a sudden surge of blood, though the blush never quite tinted his tanned cheeks.

Then, she did something that drew genuine surprise from his. His eyebrows shot up into his forehead, wrinkling them towards his hairline as he shook his head and gawked at her like she'd just grown a second head. The string of cusswords that just passed through her mouth. Even when she reached out and grabbed his hand, drawing him in closer and fervently demanding her desire straight into his face, all Dean could do was stare with shock. "Uhh…" he muttered, trying to grasp out for his voice and some rational thought.

"Uh, yea, alright." His response was hardly anything stoic or well-spoken, but Dahlia had just gone from Dahlia to Evelyn, back to Dahlia so quickly, he got whiplash from the past fifteen seconds. "Yea, it'll be kind of like a date, I guess. A made-up date," he again clarified. "Alright, we'll uhh… we'll get ourselves ready for a date, then." Not that Dean had much to do. It wasn't like it was a real date, or anything, but he'd shave, and change out of his uniform… He couldn't even remember the last time he'd gone on any form of a date. In some regards, it felt like he was back in high school, asking out some girl to the prom.

There weren't any true feelings there—just two people trying to solve a case. That's the convincing he needed to chant to himself over and over. "You, however, need to uhh… we'll have to pick up some hair dye on our way to my apartment. And maybe some eyeliner? Shit. I don't know a thing about any of these things." He wish he could bring Dahlia into Walgreens with him and let her pick out everything. He didn't know the difference between 'satin black' and 'midnight black' hair dye, or an eyeliner pencil versus an eyeliner marker. They were all the same to him, as far as he was concerned.

She jutted her hand out to him and he took it with some hesitation, giving it a small shake. "Friends, if only 'cause I don't like arguing in front of my dog." He glanced down to Marco, who looked back up and slowly wagged his tail to and fro across the floor, before resting his head on the toe of Dean's boot while still looking up at his master.

"Let's go to Walgreens then. What you think you need? Hair dye? Eye… crap…" Dean motioned around his eye with a hand, unaware of all the terms for eyeliner, mascara, and eyeshadow. "What else?" Dean was already turning back, pushing open the door and holding it open for Dahlia—Evelyn—God, this was going to get confusing.

Reactions: Wooseog Ryu
Somehow, somewhere in the station, there was a more mismatched pair than the officer and the incarcerated secretary: the nun and the devout Christian. With all her cards on the table, she had no choice but to play ball their way; after all they were her sisters only shot for freedom. Agent Van Bly had asked her what brought Evelyn to the Church, for smalltalk; Evelyn promptly and honestly answered, "because I hate myself, and what better way to embrace that than embracing Christianity?" The pleasantries stopped dead in their tracks. Nelson cleared his throat (Evelyn swore she heard him pray for her soul under his breath,) and they got down to business.

"You of course understand we will have to place you in a secure location while your sister is disguised," Nelson asked, Evelyn replied with a nod. "And Dahlia will know what needs in order to... become you?" Nelson tried to push past how asinine it sounded, for the case. Evelyn shook her head though, and Nelson raised an eyebrow, growing frustrated with the fickler of the two sisters. "Explain?"

"She doesn't wear make-up. And she doesn't do this kind of stuff without me. So, I guess I should be the one picking the stuff up." Evelyn said, shooting up from her seat with an abruptness that made the older agent flinch. Evelyn was antsy and impatient in a way she doubted she would be if it was her own freedom on the line. It was understandable too. It didn't seem like she stood for much, but she was at least unwilling to see anything happen to her sister.

---

After Dean shook her hand, and Dahlia offered a firm shake back, her smirk fell and she shrugged it off. "Ouch. Well that works for me." Dahlia looked down at Marco as his tail started wagging. "I don't like arguing at all." Dahlia half-smiled when she looked back up from Marco to Dean. Dean was one cool customer, and she should have expected his lackluster acceptance of her "friendship"; she still felt slightly shunned though. She mumbled some self-deprecating words under her breath before following Dean's lead and getting up, following him to the door.

As he began to through through the list of what Dahlia might need, she quickly began to notice that she was the teensiest bit clueless. "Uhh," she responded, face turning red as she realized she didn't have an answer. "I mean yeah black hair dye. And oh, I think I need bleach too. You can't dye black from auburn. I think?" And for make-up, well, damn. Dahlia had always liked her face how it was, and the only time she ever wore make-up was when Evelyn needed. The second before she was about to admit she had very little idea what she was saying, Nelson was at the door, with her sister in tow.

Nelson smiled at Dean, perfunctory as usual, but it was only to soften the blow of what he was about to say, which he imagined Dean would object to. He thought for a second switching sisters might be a welcomed break from Dahlia, but then remembered: swarm of bees. And now that he had met her, yeah, Dean had been very much right. "I realize I should probably offer you a more thorough briefing of our operation, Miss Harper." Nelson said to Dahlia, who's stomach knotted up as she knew what was coming next. "But Evelyn has offered to help you buy the products. She may be more equipped for this, I understand?"

"Uh... Uh huh..." Dahlia nodded in agreement but kept her eyes on Evelyn, mouthing "don't be a dick."

"Good, and Dean, before I forget." From a folder, Nelson pulled out a credit card, and an enveloped, officially addressed to Dean from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The credit card was for the items for Dahlia's makeover. The envelope was simply informing him of a noticeable bump in his pay while he worked with the Bureau. He wanted to work quickly, for obvious reasons; but he also felt Dean deserved to feel some reward so far, he'd already gone much farther than the call of duty required. "The card is for the trip. And I think you'll like that envelope." Nelson said ominously. "Well, are we ready?" Evelyn nodded, and Dahlia followed suit. She offered a "good luck" smile to him before being lead off by Nelson. Evelyn was trying to smile but knew this shopping trip was going to be, well, awkward.

"I guess you lead the way boss?"