Tattoos, let there be ink.

K

Kitti

Original poster

I adore tattoos. I realize they're permanent, but that's why you ensure it's something that will never make you regret them. I think it's silly how averse people are to them - if you have nothing in your life that you won't hate in ten years, well, that's your problem, I guess.

Moving on - I plan to get a tattoo on my eighteenth birthday. Not as large as the one linked there, but the pair across my left shoulder blade.

So, who wants to get one? And for those of you who have them - let's see them!
If you have one, or are planning to get one, does it have a special significance to you?

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day
Writing Levels
Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
I'm fine with doing both, but it depends on the situation and how comfortable I am with the RP, plot, or subject matter of the RP.
Favorite Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror, Noir, apocalyptic, Grimdark, yaoi, yuri, anything really.
Genre You DON'T Like
Uhhh..... That's hard.
Oooooh, Kitti, My bro told me his sholderblade was one of the most painful spots.

Anywhere were it's thin on skin and thick on bone. Like your ankles, fingers, knuckles, clavicle, ECT.

Either way, I'm designing my own tattoo, It's prolly going to be on one of my biceps.

Male
Moderate to aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Genre You DON'T Like
I'll try just about anything. I'm not overly into RPs where the prime focus is romance. I'm not too hyped on fan based anime rp either.
I have some tattoos. It was hard to get a good picture cause of the flash in photo booth so its a little fuzzy.

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
No Preferences
I'm fine with doing both, but it depends on the situation and how comfortable I am with the RP, plot, or subject matter of the RP.
Favorite Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Horror, Noir, apocalyptic, Grimdark, yaoi, yuri, anything really.
Genre You DON'T Like
Uhhh..... That's hard.
OOOOOH! I LIKE OKTY'S!

Darkness

I CAN HUG A SHITLOAD OF CATS
I wanna get a tattoo but I have no idea what the fuck kind of design to get, so I might never get one anyway.

K

Kitti

Original poster
OK, have I ever told you how badass I think you are? xD
That tattoo is awesome!

A

Alarice

Original poster
I'd love to get a tattoo! But I can never make up my mind where to put it or what to put. Go figure.

ViralFiend

The Red Tower
I've thought about getting an Ouroboros done around my right ankle. I think some of the symbolism behind it sums up a lot about my personality. However, I have this weird thing about distinguishing marks that I won't go into in this post.

S

Sweet~Taboo

Original poster
Shweet tat O.K.!

I'm going to get one on my foot (supposedly one of the top painful places, but eh) within the next 4 months. It will be a whimsical web that wraps around my ankle. Signifies my last name.
I have more in mind, but still in the process of deciding details.

Male
Moderate to aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Genre You DON'T Like
I'll try just about anything. I'm not overly into RPs where the prime focus is romance. I'm not too hyped on fan based anime rp either.
Thanks Ya'll. That one looks a lot better irl, the picture kinda made it look weird.

Childish Grumpino

WASTREL YOKAI
SECURITY DEPARTMENT
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
Not Taking RP Invites at this Time
Grumpy is getting something along the lines of this done soon:

Working on it with a bunch of artfag friends, so hopefully it'll look better when finished. I'm enough of a video game nutjob to justify having a tattoo about them.

Aside from that, working on a few sleeve designs. Think I might do a cyberpunk-inspired one, all electronics and metal parts coming out from the arm.

And OK, that's one hell of an awesome design you got there. I like Kitti's too. So many people just go for small wing designs; it's nice to see someone going all out and having a piece that dominates most of the back. It'll look epic.

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
No Preferences
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Uhhh..... That's hard.
Awesome art there Grumps@ It'll prolly look real good when it's finished! And sleeves are badass!

Tegan

Hopeful Monster
Cloak and dagger style plot tactics.
I've got a few tattoos, and one more in mind that I plan to get to tie everything together. They were both on my shoulder blades, and did not hurt that badly. More like bee stings during and a majorly bad sunburn for a week after.

I recommend carrying around any designs you may have in mind for at least two years before you get it. You'll change your mind constantly over the next few years; so don't get stuck with something you'll hate. I love both of mine, but I had them done seperately and while they are good, from a designer standpoint they don't work. So I'm getting a larger backpiece done to bring them together.

I like themes. XD

J

Jumi

Original poster
Yeah... I've got two that are the same design on both arms.

I'm getting a Compass tattooed over my heart, and then probably that Dragon tattooed on my abs.

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
No Preferences
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Uhhh..... That's hard.
Jumi, that's honestly kinda badass.

*Projects Tegan, Jumi and OK into the Cool Tattoos People Club*

Tegan

Hopeful Monster
You don't know what my tattoos are. >_> For all you know they could be totally lame.

Hydronine

The Murrstress
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Writing Levels
No Preferences
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Uhhh..... That's hard.
LIESSSSSSSS!

I never really view a tattoo as "lame" because it could have a great deal of meaning to that person, or it's a mistake and they don't need to be told again, or what not. Tattoos are art upon the body that no one else but the owner of that body can judge.

Then again, that's just my odd viewpoint.

Male
Moderate to aggressive.
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Here is my view on tattoos and meanings.

Throughout my life I have had many things that I have felt strongly about/for/against. As time goes on I change my mind about them (Even after 5 years or more) So I don't get tattoos that have any meaning to me, but rather are just cool looking. As I get older my views change, but my tattoos won't. I don't want to get stuck with my "early twenties" views for a life time.

That being said, I do have a few tattoos that are for Loved ones that have passed away (My Father, Half sister and a good friend) those have meaning to me that will never die...as I love the people they are in tribute of.

And that is pretty Badass Jumi

Tegan

Hopeful Monster
LIESSSSSSSS!

I never really view a tattoo as "lame" because it could have a great deal of meaning to that person, or it's a mistake and they don't need to be told again, or what not. Tattoos are art upon the body that no one else but the owner of that body can judge.

Then again, that's just my odd viewpoint.
I beg to differ.

J

Jumi

Original poster
After finding this... I'm thinking on getting something like it.