Tales of Skyrim IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kararq sensed her tension, and decided to make a hit, see if she reacted in any way. "If you came from Solstheim, you probably landed just south of it at Windhelm. Winterhold is further north, in a small village that is obscured by blizzard. May be hard to find, but I'm sure you can make your way. Your hide-erm... your skaal armor should keep you warm, eh? Not like me, I've got no equipment to go op there, and no money to buy any. And where would your 'friends' be? I do see them around." Kararq held the gaze of werewolf (he thought he knew what she was, though he still didn't know if she posed a threat or not). He prepared himself to leave, run if need be, but then he heard the jingle of coin in her pocket. Now, he might be able to tolerate traveling with her if the right amount of money was involved....
Mercenaries on Skyrim were more talkative than she thought they'd be. Now, Ylva hadn't had much experience with them but in Raven Rock there had been a Dunmer sell-sword who'd do just that - sell his sword. Nothing more and nothing less. "My friends are on Solstheim, of course. I do not go near them. Their disease makes them dangerous to talk to, let alone ferry across the sea." She felt slightly miffed at the fact that she'd been so close to Winterhold when she'd first arrived. Ylva waited for a minute, weighing between another carriage ride vs a safer albeit more expensive ride with this mercenary. The heavy weight of gold in her pocket helped the Nord make her choice. "How much would it take to change your mind? At least half way, before it gets too cold for you?"

Mercenaries on Skyrim were more talkative than she thought they'd be. Now, Ylva hadn't had much experience with them but in Raven Rock there had been a Dunmer sell-sword who'd do just that - sell his sword. Nothing more and nothing less. "My friends are on Solstheim, of course. I do not go near them. Their disease makes them dangerous to talk to, let alone ferry across the sea." She felt slightly miffed at the fact that she'd been so close to Winterhold when she'd first arrived. Ylva waited for a minute, weighing between another carriage ride vs a safer albeit more expensive ride with this mercenary. The heavy weight of gold in her pocket helped the Nord make her choice. "How much would it take to change your mind? At least half way, before it gets too cold for you?"
"I'll do it for 250 septims halfway, 500 septims full way, plus a small additional fee for gear. However, this can be bargained, given you can give me something worthwhile in substitute of gold." Kararq smirked, trying to give of a vibe that the expensive cost would be well invested in him. He NEEDED that money, if he was to survive. He figured she would pay the 250, which would be bitter-sweet. on the positive, he wouldn't have to go to an area where there were heavy Stormcloak sympathizers, on the negative, he wouldn't be getting paid as much.

Rura approached Cicero. "Hello sister." Rura nodded in acknowledgement. "Ah the silent type I see." Once more she just nodded. "I have brought the wonderful marvelous Nightmother to our sanctuary." Rura looked at where Cicero seemed to motion. "I hope we may meet the Listener, maybe the Nightmother will chose one of you here or a brave traveler." Rura looked and said under her breath not realizing it was out loud. "I would like to meet the Listener they would have such an honor." "Ah yes. The Listener would have a great honor." Rura looked at Cicero with shock but then realized that she had spoken aloud. "Cicero has tried to listen to Mother. He has tried so hard. But she never speaks oh no not to Cicero. I'm just the keeper." After Rura finsed her conversation with Cicero well mainly listening to him she went to Nazir to turn in her contract. "Ah yes here is your payment." Rura took the payment and then went over toward Astrid she spoke to Astrid about the man she meet and his deal "Ah yes Rura that should be fine just for the payment tell him if there is a contract that comes in with more money offered than he might have to be more convincing." Rura nodded in agreement. "Now for your new big contract. There is a man in this ancient ruin." Astrid handed her a map with the clients location. "Go there and find what exactly he wants and kill the target." Rura took the map with the coordinates and nodded. Then she headed off once more first for Solitude then for moe information on her new contract.

"I'll do it for 250 septims halfway, 500 septims full way, plus a small additional fee for gear. However, this can be bargained, given you can give me something worthwhile in substitute of gold." Kararq smirked, trying to give of a vibe that the expensive cost would be well invested in him. He NEEDED that money, if he was to survive. He figured she would pay the 250, which would be bitter-sweet. on the positive, he wouldn't have to go to an area where there were heavy Stormcloak sympathizers, on the negative, he wouldn't be getting paid as much.
Two hundred and fifty septims was an interesting offer. It'd leave her with few gold left for food, drink and the comfort of a good inn but in return, she'd get safety from Skyrim and any attempts on her life. It wasn't like a soft bed helped her sleep any more restfully than a grass bed. She could hunt - she'd been doing it all her life - and water was an acceptable substitute for mead, albeit less appetizing. It wouldn't be very Skaal-like to hoard over money anyway, she gently chided herself. Ylva didn't quite have enough for the entire trip nor did she have anything a sellsword could want in place of gold. She fingered her Stahlrim blade... it could possibly be of some interest to him. Being a Skaal secret, she doubted the mainland used weapons like hers. As a family heirloom of sorts, she didn't feel quite inclined to part with it for now but kept it in her mind as a possibility. "One hundred... fifty... two... hundred and fifty septims." Her pocket considerably lighter, she walked up near his horse. She wasn't sure how this would work out. There hadn't been many horses on Solstheim and when she'd gone hunting in pairs, nobody rode. "Am I to ride this beast as well?"

Two hundred and fifty septims was an interesting offer. It'd leave her with few gold left for food, drink and the comfort of a good inn but in return, she'd get safety from Skyrim and any attempts on her life. It wasn't like a soft bed helped her sleep any more restfully than a grass bed. She could hunt - she'd been doing it all her life - and water was an acceptable substitute for mead, albeit less appetizing. It wouldn't be very Skaal-like to hoard over money anyway, she gently chided herself. Ylva didn't quite have enough for the entire trip nor did she have anything a sellsword could want in place of gold. She fingered her Stahlrim blade... it could possibly be of some interest to him. Being a Skaal secret, she doubted the mainland used weapons like hers. As a family heirloom of sorts, she didn't feel quite inclined to part with it for now but kept it in her mind as a possibility. "One hundred... fifty... two... hundred and fifty septims." Her pocket considerably lighter, she walked up near his horse. She wasn't sure how this would work out. There hadn't been many horses on Solstheim and when she'd gone hunting in pairs, nobody rode. "Am I to ride this beast as well?"
Kararq stared at the woman as if she was crazy. "You want to ride Nightmare?! You don't have a horse of your own? Well, now that I think about it, Solstheim people have always been a bit mad." Kararq pondered whether he should let her ride double with him. It could hinder his movement when fighting from horseback, but he'd never liked horseback fighting anyway, he had come to despise calvary when he was in the Legion. But still.... They would be moving slower if he left the horse here and traveled on foot. He also didn't have enough septime to buy her one either. "Ehh.... I guess, as long as she isn't too spooked.... I don't know whats wrong, maybe theres some sort of animal nearby." Kararq made a point of looking directly at her when he said this, but did nothing else. "Alright, give me the septims, then we'll be off. I might even give you some info on Skyrim on the way there, you seem to know pathetically little about this place." He held his hand out for the money. " When you mount a horse, you put one foot in the stirrup and swing the other over the side, then rest your foot in the other stirrup. We can't do this with two people, so you'll have to sit a little closer to her rump, and it may be uncomfortable. If you've never ridden a horse before, then grab around my waist to hold on, or else you might fall and crack your head open."

Ketty's lips parted a little, and her eyes widened magnificently, as if she was startled by his words. She watched him remove the straps to his shoulder plate, revealing a little more of the man's flesh. Quickly averting her eyes to look at her fingers, she carefully considered how she was going to respond, wanting to tell him a little of her past without delving in too deep, After quickly selecting her choice of words, she leaned innocently against the door's frame.

"I see more in my people than mere bandits," she replied to the last part of his speech, using one of her hands to gently stroke the smooth skin of her hanging arm. "I came here two years ago to escape from Ulfric's attempt to arrest or kill every Imperial in both Eastmarch and Whiterun. These people came to accept me and treat me as one of their own, and I fight with them to repay my debt."

She didn't move from her position, besides from crossing her legs to further support her lean against the frame. Her eyes turned back to Loïc's and she lowered her head, folding her arms again, and then sighed.

"Besides, I don't know how other bandits behave," she shrugged her shoulders and narrowed her eyes. "And I don't see how you would either considering that all of your interactions with them have been burying blades into their spines."

"You're back so soon?" Lachlan asked with a large grin on his face. "Did you find that ruby after all?"

Although he had spoken from the other side of the hallway, he was sure that his words were within earshot. Confused by her ignoring him, he approached her again to speak, but noticed that she was gazing perplexedly at a figure in the small room. He decided not to talk anymore, simply standing behind Ketty, out of arm's reach, waiting for her to finish her conversation before he could try to grab her attention. He found his eyes gazing hard into Ketty's back and his pupils dilated, his fingers fidgeting with his hair and his heart begin to pound. While it appeared that he was staring at something on her back, Lachlan was in fact hastily undressing Ketty in his mind, and he began salivating at the corner of his mouth. His eyes wandered down to her buttocks, which were barely visible through her fur skirt, but was more than enough to satisfy Lachlan. He hurriedly turned his head away in disgust and took a deep breath, realising what he had been thinking of.

Jo'Dara stalked back and forth in Fort Haze, as he liked to call it. His thralls seemed worried, and were afraid. Hopefully, he wouldn't feast tonight, as he did sometimes, but one never knew with Jo'Dara. His whiskers twitched irritably and his tail swished from side to side. A few minutes later, a thrall came running up, sweat beading his brow. He huffed and puffed as he came to a stop. "M-Master.. The...Stormcloaks.... They..." "They what?! Spit out you stupid cretin!" "They- they busted the..... the Dawnstar den." Jo'Dara's eyes widened. "The Stormcloaks what?! How dare they?! Do they know who they are messing with?! i am the Haze! THE HAZE! I have agents in every damned hold in this godforsaken land! Those damned Stormcloaks. We need to be rid of them. They've meddled in our affairs for far too long. For years! i think its time to invest in a rebellion, or a rebellious organization and deal with them once and for all. Go, Lionel," He said as he turned to another Khajiit, who appeared to be his assistant. "Go and inquire of any such people. Tell them that someone powerful wants to invest in them, and that he, or she, will provide ample amounts of gold and arms for a rebellion." Lionel nodded, then turned and stalked away, seeming to melt in the shadows. Jo'Dara then turned to the messenger and gestured for him to come closer. As the trembling thrall stepped towards Jo'Dara, Jo'Dara's hand shot out, squeezing the thrall's throat. He slowly licked the thrall's throat, then sank his fangs into the warm flesh. A sensation of feelings and tastes washed over Jo'Dara's body as he gulped down the delicious blood. The thrall's struggles slowly stopped and his limp body fell to the floor. "Clean that up." Jo'Dara wiped his mouth, and turned his back to the corpse. He walked over to a map where X's marled where dens and agents had been set up. He erased one mark, in Dawnstar and muttered under his breath.

Loïc chuckled "Sometimes it was in their skulls too." As he continued to unhook the belts on his gloves and boots he continued to talk "But, yeah, I understand where you're coming from. When the stormcloaks took over anyone who wasn't a Nord became free game. Including Bretons." He tossed his gloves into the chest and kicked off his boots to the floor where they remained in anything but order. "If I wasn't a part of the Dawnguard they would've sent me straight to the chopping block for... several reasons. Lucky for me they prefer it if someone else cleans up their undead mess. Guess they don't want to get their hands dirty."

With the opening of the three belts on his chest, the torso part of his armor slid off easily enough revealing a grey tunic underneath. "Still though, while I can tell you're not really interested in going down the mountain and raiding Falkreath, I think it's wise to only warn you that eventually Falkreath will come to raid you." He shrugged and tosses the armor to the ground. "But I'm sure you already figured that out."

Loïc stretched out onto the bed, placing one arm on his stomach and his other over his eyes to blot out the light. "Still though, you've been accommodating, if a bit expensive, which is more than I can say for most "civilized" places these days, so it would be nice if this place could stick around for a while. Besides, these mountains attract vampires like a stuffed gold purse attracts the thieves guild. I'll be back here soon enough and it would be regretable if I return here and find nothing more than a pile of burned buildings and heads on spikes." He raised his arm in order to properly look at Ketty "If you ever need anything..."

Kararq stared at the woman as if she was crazy. "You want to ride Nightmare?! You don't have a horse of your own? Well, now that I think about it, Solstheim people have always been a bit mad." Kararq pondered whether he should let her ride double with him. It could hinder his movement when fighting from horseback, but he'd never liked horseback fighting anyway, he had come to despise calvary when he was in the Legion. But still.... They would be moving slower if he left the horse here and traveled on foot. He also didn't have enough septime to buy her one either. "Ehh.... I guess, as long as she isn't too spooked.... I don't know whats wrong, maybe theres some sort of animal nearby." Kararq made a point of looking directly at her when he said this, but did nothing else. "Alright, give me the septims, then we'll be off. I might even give you some info on Skyrim on the way there, you seem to know pathetically little about this place." He held his hand out for the money. " When you mount a horse, you put one foot in the stirrup and swing the other over the side, then rest your foot in the other stirrup. We can't do this with two people, so you'll have to sit a little closer to her rump, and it may be uncomfortable. If you've never ridden a horse before, then grab around my waist to hold on, or else you might fall and crack your head open."
Ylva squirmed under her heavy coat. Was she really so bad at keeping things a secret or was the man just unnaturally keen? Either way the elephant in the room, in this case a werebear, wasn't going to stop her from getting to Winterhold. Nor would the mercenary's blunt words deter her, as the determination for her quest overrode her pride. She took a minute to pour the golden coins into a small pouch, handing it over to Kararq before standing closer to Nightmare. It nickered a bit more frantically than she'd had liked but it wasn't completely unexpected - people had often spoken of the keen senses of animals. Ylva stroked the horse making shushing noises with her mouth to calm her down before attempting to get on the animal. She huffed slightly and strained for a few moments before she pulled herself onto the beast. It took her another minute to readjust her position to a sitting one and she was set to go. Ylva grabbed onto his waist tightly before speaking. "We can go now. I hope you are not like the carriage drivers here... and I do know some things about Skyrim!" Her voice carried a defiant tone. In the spur of the moment Ylva decided to speak of the rumors she'd heard back in Windhelm. "I know that an Ulfric Stormcloak is deathly ill. Is that a surprise to you?"

Ylva squirmed under her heavy coat. Was she really so bad at keeping things a secret or was the man just unnaturally keen? Either way the elephant in the room, in this case a werebear, wasn't going to stop her from getting to Winterhold. Nor would the mercenary's blunt words deter her, as the determination for her quest overrode her pride. She took a minute to pour the golden coins into a small pouch, handing it over to Kararq before standing closer to Nightmare. It nickered a bit more frantically than she'd had liked but it wasn't completely unexpected - people had often spoken of the keen senses of animals. Ylva stroked the horse making shushing noises with her mouth to calm her down before attempting to get on the animal. She huffed slightly and strained for a few moments before she pulled herself onto the beast. It took her another minute to readjust her position to a sitting one and she was set to go. Ylva grabbed onto his waist tightly before speaking. "We can go now. I hope you are not like the carriage drivers here... and I do know some things about Skyrim!" Her voice carried a defiant tone. In the spur of the moment Ylva decided to speak of the rumors she'd heard back in Windhelm. "I know that an Ulfric Stormcloak is deathly ill. Is that a surprise to you?"
Kararq picked up the reins and with a "Yah!" The two travelers were on their way. "I'll take you as far as Laintar Dale, and even thats more than halfway. I have no ice why I'm being so generous." In a joking manner, he says to Yiva "You put a spell on me? Anyway, yes I do know that ol' Ulfric is ill. Rumors been going around for a while now. All the talk is about who's gonna take power when he dies. One of the Jarls? Will they hold a Moot? Or will we have another civil war and me once again in a reliable job?" Kararq chuckled at his little joke. The scenery stayed the same: flat, boring plains, though they would pass springs occasionally. As they headed North, Kararq saw something in the distance. As he squinted to see better he realized what it was: "Giants! Shit... Well, we should be alright, long as we stay a good distance away, he won't bother us, nor will his mammoths." Despite what he just said, Kararq looked a little fearful and shaken, and his hand kept straying to his scimitar, though it would do nothing to a giant.

Rura went to Falkreath so she could get the carriage to go to Solitude a little more quickly. Once she finally arrived she got off and slowly made her way once more toward The Winking Skeever. Once there she looked for where she had first talked to Si'Basha once she found the place she sat down and ordered a drink while she waited to see if he noticed her for she had Astrid's answer waiting.

Kararq picked up the reins and with a "Yah!" The two travelers were on their way. "I'll take you as far as Laintar Dale, and even thats more than halfway. I have no ice why I'm being so generous." In a joking manner, he says to Yiva "You put a spell on me? Anyway, yes I do know that ol' Ulfric is ill. Rumors been going around for a while now. All the talk is about who's gonna take power when he dies. One of the Jarls? Will they hold a Moot? Or will we have another civil war and me once again in a reliable job?" Kararq chuckled at his little joke. The scenery stayed the same: flat, boring plains, though they would pass springs occasionally. As they headed North, Kararq saw something in the distance. As he squinted to see better he realized what it was: "Giants! Shit... Well, we should be alright, long as we stay a good distance away, he won't bother us, nor will his mammoths." Despite what he just said, Kararq looked a little fearful and shaken, and his hand kept straying to his scimitar, though it would do nothing to a giant.
Ylva deflated in disappointment seeing that he knew much more about the Jarl's condition than she did. It wasn't anything big nor did it have any particular meaning to her but it still irked her. As did his accusation of her casting a spell over him, his playful tone lost to her. "Spell? I do not know any magic; I was not a Shaman. I do not know where is Laintar Dale either... but I thank you for overstaying my gold's welcome." She rode in silence for a while, watching the plains. One could never be too certain of the wild, even with the over abundance of deer about indicating the lack of predators. "Jarl. Is that like a Councilor? What is the Moot?" She piped up suddenly.

Normally she'd have ridden in silence but the constant rocking motion of the horse was making her sleepy. Not to mention the warmer climate and the rhythmic hissing of the hot springs they passed by which contributed all that more to making her eyelids a little heavier. It was then Kararq's sharp exclamation jolted her back into reality and the lumbering creatures in the distance launched her into another dream. It seemed like one anyway - she'd only heard tales of these beasts. "By the All-Maker." Unlike her companion, there was no fear but naive wonder in her voice. "Hunting one of those would be hunting ten Netches. It's beautiful! And, and what is that? A giant? A real giant? Where did it come from?" Being with the werebears had influenced her and her fingers were itching to nock an arrow to her bow. It was all Ylva could do to restrain herself and use only her eyes and imagination.

Perhaps Hircine himself had seen her true desires, or perhaps it was fate. At any rate, Ylva's ears began to prick up as the familiar sound of howling began in the distance. She brushed it off before it came back, this time stronger. It was clear the choices they had left were slimming and soon it would be as so - to ride past the giants or chance the pack of wolves. Ylva's body had already made her choice without her noticing, her muscle memory quickly pulling off her stahlrim bow. It was then she realized just how new she was to horseback riding. Nightmare's trotting motion sent her careening towards the left; only grabbing back onto Kararq's waist stopped her from cracking her head open, as he'd warned her. "Okay. What now? I can not shoot riding this animal."

Kararq's eyes were filled with worry. He didn't know whether to chance the giant, or the wolves. However, he did know that this woman he was with was daft. "What do you mean you WANT TO HUNT a giant? Have you been knocked in the head? A giant would absolutely decimate you! " Kararq began to mutter to himself, "I think we'll chance the wolves, a giant is way too much for the two of us. Maybe a Companion, but not just a raggedy sellsword and a crazy foreigner." He directed his attention back to Yiva, "Our best bet is the wolves. We can probably take 'em on, or maybe intimidate them. Should we be dismounted, stay behind me." At the look of outrage on the woman, little more than a girl to him though they were around the same age, Kararq quickly gave an apology. "Sorry, but you seem kind of naïve and inexperienced to me. Plus I like keeping my clients alive, gives me more confidence and the word spreads about Kararq the Great." A wry smile played on Kararq's face at the mad up title, but he quickly sobered. He drew his scimitar, laying it across his legs as he guided Nightmare with his knees. The howling drew closer, and the giant loomed up to the right of the two humans, dwarfing them in comparison to its' size. A herd of Mammoth lazed near the Giant, but they were farther away. Kararq kept his head on a swivel, not wanting to be taken by surprise, as it could mean life or death.
Ylva deflated in disappointment seeing that he knew much more about the Jarl's condition than she did. It wasn't anything big nor did it have any particular meaning to her but it still irked her. As did his accusation of her casting a spell over him, his playful tone lost to her. "Spell? I do not know any magic; I was not a Shaman. I do not know where is Laintar Dale either... but I thank you for overstaying my gold's welcome." She rode in silence for a while, watching the plains. One could never be too certain of the wild, even with the over abundance of deer about indicating the lack of predators. "Jarl. Is that like a Councilor? What is the Moot?" She piped up suddenly.

Normally she'd have ridden in silence but the constant rocking motion of the horse was making her sleepy. Not to mention the warmer climate and the rhythmic hissing of the hot springs they passed by which contributed all that more to making her eyelids a little heavier. It was then Kararq's sharp exclamation jolted her back into reality and the lumbering creatures in the distance launched her into another dream. It seemed like one anyway - she'd only heard tales of these beasts. "By the All-Maker." Unlike her companion, there was no fear but naive wonder in her voice. "Hunting one of those would be hunting ten Netches. It's beautiful! And, and what is that? A giant? A real giant? Where did it come from?" Being with the werebears had influenced her and her fingers were itching to nock an arrow to her bow. It was all Ylva could do to restrain herself and use only her eyes and imagination.

Perhaps Hircine himself had seen her true desires, or perhaps it was fate. At any rate, Ylva's ears began to prick up as the familiar sound of howling began in the distance. She brushed it off before it came back, this time stronger. It was clear the choices they had left were slimming and soon it would be as so - to ride past the giants or chance the pack of wolves. Ylva's body had already made her choice without her noticing, her muscle memory quickly pulling off her stahlrim bow. It was then she realized just how new she was to horseback riding. Nightmare's trotting motion sent her careening towards the left; only grabbing back onto Kararq's waist stopped her from cracking her head open, as he'd warned her. "Okay. What now? I can not shoot riding this animal."
Kararq's eyes were filled with worry. He didn't know whether to chance the giant, or the wolves. However, he did know that this woman he was with was daft. "What do you mean you WANT TO HUNT a giant? Have you been knocked in the head? A giant would absolutely decimate you! " Kararq began to mutter to himself, "I think we'll chance the wolves, a giant is way too much for the two of us. Maybe a Companion, but not just a raggedy sellsword and a crazy foreigner." He directed his attention back to Yiva, "Our best bet is the wolves. We can probably take 'em on, or maybe intimidate them. Should we be dismounted, stay behind me." At the look of outrage on the woman, little more than a girl to him though they were around the same age, Kararq quickly gave an apology. "Sorry, but you seem kind of naïve and inexperienced to me. Plus I like keeping my clients alive, gives me more confidence and the word spreads about Kararq the Great." A wry smile played on Kararq's face at the mad up title, but he quickly sobered. He drew his scimitar, laying it across his legs as he guided Nightmare with his knees. The howling drew closer, and the giant loomed up to the right of the two humans, dwarfing them in comparison to its' size. A herd of Mammoth lazed near the Giant, but they were farther away. Kararq kept his head on a swivel, not wanting to be taken by surprise, as it could mean life or death.

Si'Basha cleaned his enchanted knife with a leather piece while he was unconspiciously leaving a shady alleyway. He had a long and shallow scar crossing his furry cheek that apparently was made pretty recently, but it quickly vanished when he used a simple curative spell on him. Those damn Stormcloaks...

Just like he usually did during that time of day, Si'Basha headed to the Winking Skeever and ordered a mug of Firebrand Ale while he was taking a seat next to the fireplace, just like the time when he has met the Dark Brotherhood assassin. Then, he slowly started to drink his ale glancing at the cracking wood of the fireplace, waiting for someone to arrive.
Rura went to Falkreath so she could get the carriage to go to Solitude a little more quickly. Once she finally arrived she got off and slowly made her way once more toward The Winking Skeever. Once there she looked for where she had first talked to Si'Basha once she found the place she sat down and ordered a drink while she waited to see if he noticed her for she had Astrid's answer waiting.
"So, you have already made up your mind, I suppose?" Si'basha calmly said to the assassin while putting the ale aside and placing his elbows on the table, hands crossed. "If that's the case, then I wonder which is your answer to my proporsal?"

Rura glanced at him and smirked. "My answer is we gladly except to ignore any requests sent after you. I will personally deal with those who sent them." She remembered what Astrid said. "But now the talk of payment is sadly undecided. The leader says it depends on the exact amount for us to truly except."

"Money is not a problem for me, for I have my means to get it..." he spoke in a really calming tone while taking a sip from the ale he had placed to his left. "Anyway, how do you prefer to receive your payment? Do you want me to pay a monthly fee or only when a contract is made against me?"

Rura thought for a moment. 'Money no problem hmmm.' She didn't ask Astrid her thoughts fully on money. 'Astrid said to only mention if there was a contract which offered more...maybe a monthly fee would suffice and then there would be no issue on out paying a contract latter on.' Finally she came to a conclusion. "How much would you be willing for a monthly payment?"

Ketty laughed a little at his comment on the burned buildings and the heads on spikes. She couldn't tell whether he was making a sarcastic joke on the current state of Helgen, if he was making a snide remark on their bandit-like activities or if he was innocently commenting on what could become of them. Either way, Ketty felt as if she should be offended, but she continued to smile and shrugged this off. She then noticed Loïc raise his arm into the air and say something, but her mind had been caught off guard by her overthinking of his words, and she suddenly became aware of a presence behind her. Turning her head, she could see Lachlan with his head turned away, looking to the ground, as if he was ashamed.

Turning her body so that she didn't appear to be facing Loïc or Lachlan directly, she smiled and said, "Are you alright there?"

"Depends on your offer." Si'Basha said, leaning back on his chair. "But let's start at 1000 septims first. Does that sound good to you?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.