Taken Away (redblood X Kurai)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy arched a brow and listened intently to her words. "Please, simply call me Tsume. No need for you to call me anything that would be bothersome. I need at least one person within this land to call me by my usual name. It get's . . . a little boring after a while." Since she had asked him if she could get a look around, he didn't bother keeping her waiting.

"So you'd like a look around? I suppose getting you used to this place would be of order. . . I don't think it'd be much fun for you to wander aimlessly around this place." Tsume turned around slightlyy and eyed one of his elietes. At that instant, the guard walked over and bowed his head slightly at the boy's request. "Show Emma around. Keep her clear of the training grounds. I don't want her accidently getting wounded there. Those children are beginning to be more of a handfull these days. . ." he mumbled the last part to himself and began to make his way out the building. "I've got some things that I must attend to and I trust that you keep her out of harm's way. Bring her wherever she wants to go for all I care. So long as neither of you get lost."

With that said, Tsume left and let Emma do as she pleased. The eliete smiled faintly towards the girl and led her on towards the back of the building. He intended on showing her a better place that he considered to be nice and maybe she'd be satisfyed being there for a while. "Follow me, my lady." he said, hiding away his nervous tone. As he walked, a few of the maids would smile to her before carrying on with their daily business. Seeing a new face within the land always had people talking and it was usually rare for Tsume to ever bring someone back.

Not longafter the guard had led the girl out to the back, he guided her out to the garden and let her wander about from there. It consisted of several flowers and quite a few blossom trees here and there. Tsume had never been back there all too much so he never really let it come to mind. A pathway led out towards the center of the garden and a few children ran about. They hid in the bushes, chanted to eachother, whatever a child would do, really. The eliete kept his eyes on her and made sure she didn't slip away into a place that would be considered off limits.

Emma hadn't believed that the lord would let her go around as she pleased that easily. Was he truly the same man she had met the night before? The same man that had asked her if he couldn't have whatever, or whomever, he wished? Now he seemed different. Nicer. Thought it could as well be an act. But what for? Was there any reason for him to pretend to be nice to her? He already knew that she would do whatever he told her to. As she had stated the day before, he had the right to take her if he offered the right prize, which he had.

But then again, he had also told her that he didn't want her to be a mindless slave. That she should realize her worth. Something she had a hard time doing. He did certainly give mixed messages. His actions said one thing, while his words said another. And sometimes it was even his words against his words. Well, she wouldn't go anywhere, so she would have time to figure out what he truly wanted of her.

"Thank you My lo... Tsume." She said as he walked away. Feeling his name roll on her tongue without putting lord or sir before it felt weird. But in a good way. No one had ever asked her to call them by name before. It felt special somehow.

The girl then followed the man that had quite suddenly gotten an unexpected job. He lead her out to the most beautiful garden with many flower beds and the most outstanding trees. She had never seen such colorful leaves before. On the other hand, she hadn't seen much nature at all before. It was hard to do from a room that had the window towards the city. All she had been able to see had been house roofs. The beautiful garden did hold her attention for a little while as she walked around, but eventually she became more interested in watching the children play around. Her mother would never have accepted such behavior. How come they weren't doing chores or read books or whatever their parents told them to do? Her job had always been to keep quiet, stay still and become more and more beautiful, but she did know that all children got different roles depending on what they were good at and what their parents wanted of them. Playing around had never even been in her vocabulary.

After some time just looking at the little kids as they were happily running around, she decided that it was best to leave it. It was certainly something she would ask about later, but for now she remembered that she had asked for a tour around the castle so that she could find her way. If she continued like she had so far, it would take her month to get the first floor done.

So she turned to the guard and asked him to show her around inside. She tried to make a mental map in her mind over all the places he showed her, though some of them disappeared very fast. Mainly the places she was certain she never would have to go to. Eventually Emma asked to be showed back to her room as a servant found them and told them that her things had arrived.

As she had guessed, most of the things she used to have in her room was gone. Five dresses, some underwear's and a few pairs of shoes had been sent. The most expensive and beautiful things she had owned had probably been sold off. Maybe one could say that those had originally been bought by her parents and thus wasn't completely hers, but that would be a lie as they had been bought with the money she had won in contests. Emma did use that lame reasoning though, to justify her parents actions. They had the right to do it as they were her parents. But she did wish they could have told her about it before she left. There were a few other items there too, probably packed in secret by her chamber maid. Her favorite book, which she needed someone else to read for her, a stuffed animal which she had had since her childhood and hidden under her bed for many years so her parents wouldn't be able to throw it away, and a painting she had done two years prior. It was only a painting of what she saw from her window. Lots and lots of house roofs. But her chambermaid had told her what a talent she had, and how good and realistic it was, so she had been too proud of it to throw it away.

Most of her paintings had been thrown away at some point. She liked to paint them, but once she was done she didn't really feel like she needed to keep them. It was the journey that intrigued her, the destination didn't matter much.

Status
Not open for further replies.