Take my Heart and Please don't Break it

Tonks cleared the kitchen while Teddy went upstairs to tidy his room, and she hummed to herself as she washed the dishes in the sink by hand. Oddly she only used magic for household chores when she was in a really big rush, and not just all the time. She finished up quickly, and headed upstairs.

As she neared her bedroom, she heard her husband and her daughter's voices.

Belinda looked her dad in the eyes "I don't like you working the night shifts, I never get to see you or spend time with you because you are always so tired when you come in" she said and snuggled up to her dads warm chest " I miss you daddy and I just want to spend some time with you, I never get to and I miss it, I miss our father daughter times" she said abd felt tears fall down her cheeks "are you working on the full moon dad?"

Lipin felt heart broken to see his daughter like this abd he held her closer to him "baby I don't have a choice if I do night shifts or day shifts, I just get given then sweetie and I can't go against their word or I will be fired from the job, I miss our times too belinda and I wish I could spend more time with all of you" he said and kissed the top of her head "I have to work because we need the money belinda and about the full moon in two days, I don't think I'm working then because they know I'm a werewolve I'll be working during the day instead"

Tonks entered the bedroom there and sat down on the edge of the bed. "We all miss having you around during the day." She sighed. "I just hope that they can switch you with someone else for the night shifts, because you have a family who misses you." She rested her head on his chest, and laced their fingers together. "I miss sleeping next to you at nights." Tonks mumbled.

Lupin kissed Belinda's tear away on her cheeks as he held onto her and looked at Tonks when she came in and he let her lace their fingers together and he kissed her head on his chest "I am around during the day i'm just asleep instead and i know, i'm trying my best to get to get daytime shifts, i've explained that i have a family and that at home but i can't go against what they tell me, i miss sleeping with you as well"

"Could they not switch you with someone else? Anyone else?" Tonks sighed, and kissed their conjoined hands. Every minute she spent during the days recently, she missed her husband, because she hardly got to see him except in the mornings when he would come home, or the evenings before he left to go to work. "I could maybe ask Arthur to switch you with someone else."

Lupin sighed as well "Babe i don't know if they can switch me with someone else, no one ever wants to take the night shifts, so i don't have a choice" he said sooftly to her and smiled when she kissed their conjoined hands. He missed seeing his family because he never got to see them at all. "Arthur won't do that because he might lose someone because they don't want to do a night shift"

"Couldn't Sirius take over the night shift?" Tonks questioned with a raised eyebrow. "I think he is more of the night type, and he wouldn't mind taking over that shift, I don't think."

Lupin sighed and shrugged "Look all i can do is talk to him babe, i can't do anything else" he said and kissed the top of her head "I will try and get him to do the night shift"

Tonks sighed, and reluctantly said, "Ok. Anyway, you get some more sleep. Belinda, you go tidy your room a little, and then you can get ready to go to Sirius' house." She sat up a bit, and kissed her husband's head. "Sweet dreams." She murmured before leaving. She headed downstairs, but when she got to the downstairs hall, she paused and looked at her reflection in the mirror. It had been seventeen years since she was in school, and she had changed physically as well as emotionally. She touched her fingers to the back of her neck, where she could feel the deactivated tracker. When Greyback had been killed in the war, it had deactivated the small round tracker, which she was increibly thankful for. It was still inside her, but she felt safer knowing that she couldn't be tracked by it anymore.

Belinda sighed and looked at her Mum and nodded as she gave her Dad a hug and a kiss on his cheek "Sweet dreams Dad" she said before getting off the double bed of her parents and went into her room where she tidy her room ups and changed into more decent clothes for Sirius' house.

Lupin looked at Tonks and sighed closing his eyes when he got his cheek and head kissed "Behave at Siruis' Belinda" he said and nodded "I better get more sleep before you want to spend more time with me Tonks" he said softly and lay back on the bed and closed his eyes again, drifting off into a sleep.

Later that day, Tonks brought two mugs of soup into the bedroom and got into the bed beside Lupin. "I made soup for you, babe." She smiled and handed him the cup. "I'm pretty sure I did it right this time - I did it the Muggle way though, since the last time I tried to make soup by magic, we ended up with soup on the ceiling." She grinned.

Lupin looked at Tonks as she came in and he sat up on the bed and took the soup from her with a smile. "Thanks babe" he said and gave her cheek a kiss as a thank you and laughed. "Well if you done it the muggle way then it should be fine hopefully" he said with a chuckle and took a sip of the soup and realxed back into the pillows. "It's good actually"