Suzumiya Haruhi is 10 years old and other atrocities

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Razilin

Original poster
suzumiya_haruhi_by_uvray.png

this show came put in 2006 (light novel in 2004)

ten
years
ago

time is a cruel and stealthy mistress....

what other iconic pieces of nerdity can you name that make you realize - in the immortal words of Negasonic Teenage Warhead - "FUCK, you're OLD!"

Babylon 5 zipped out the gates over twenty years ago and at least (if not over) half of the leading actors from the show are dead now.

I feel old.

I was alive during the days of Link Cables.

Well, Pokemon just turned 20...

Also, Avatar: The Last Airbender is 11 years old.

Reactions: Razilin
Wanna feel super old?

There's kids in high school born after the Star Wars prequels.
Not if you consider it by ending, which is 2005.

Wait till they're not born till after Revenge of the Sith.
Then I'll feel really Old. XD

Invader Zim is 15 years old, ending 13 years ago -- and also it's still cancelled forever.

Also Teen Titans Go! is nothing compared to the original Teen Titans.

Say whaaaaaa???

That's crazy!

Invader Zim is 15 years old, ending 13 years ago -- and also it's still cancelled forever.

Also Teen Titans Go! is nothing compared to the original Teen Titans.

I love Invader Zim.

But we don't speak of Teen Titans Go, ever. If it didn't act as a shit reboot of one of the best cartoons of all time that took a show that didn't talk down to its audience into the most childish bullcrap ever...

Y'know what, never mind. I don't want to turn this into a rant. >.>

Not if you consider it by ending, which is 2005.

Wait till they're not born till after Revenge of the Sith.
Then I'll feel really Old. XD

I realized that after I posted, but holy crap, I was a youngin' when Phantom Menace came out.

Princess Mononoke came out in 1999.

Christ, what is with this subject popping up so suddenly? Like, third time in 3 days its popped up in my circles.

My grandparent's remember watching the speech of whoever it was telling "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" while with my mom being super pregnant with me. Then holding me as the family watched the first new's vids of the wall actually being torn down and those people partying and stuff cause yay no more russian rape-icide and communism!

Just remembering and watching the very first Toonami previews had me shuddering with nostalgic delight/terror.. Then the Great Crate Contest Nickelodeon had whenever ago and some little black kid in New York won it. Never could write the address off the screen fast enough...

Reactions: Brovo and Razilin
kuroshitsuji is also turning ten this year :D

• Love
Reactions: QueenObscure
Christ, what is with this subject popping up so suddenly? Like, third time in 3 days its popped up in my circles.

My grandparent's remember watching the speech of whoever it was telling "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" while with my mom being super pregnant with me. Then holding me as the family watched the first new's vids of the wall actually being torn down and those people partying and stuff cause yay no more russian rape-icide and communism!

Just remembering and watching the very first Toonami previews had me shuddering with nostalgic delight/terror.. Then the Great Crate Contest Nickelodeon had whenever ago and some little black kid in New York won it. Never could write the address off the screen fast enough...
I remember the Nickelodeon Time Capsule...with a skateboard and a blocky first-gen Game Boy in it.

Reactions: Windsong
Babylon 5 zipped out the gates over twenty years ago and at least (if not over) half of the leading actors from the show are dead now.

I feel old.
You like B5.

You have earned +22 cool points (one per year).

Reactions: Razilin and Brovo
You like B5.

You have earned +22 cool points (one per year).
My favourite TV Show of all time. Everything else gets compared to it and typically falls short in some way. (Albeit season 1 took a bit of time to find its voice.)

What makes me feel old remembering it is I remember my dad copying episodes via VHS recorder. (Apparently that acroymn is so old, my phone no longer has it in its spellcheck database either.) We didn't have the spare money to buy it so we had a few VHS cassettes we would just overwrite to keep things we wanted to see again. I remember him explaining things to me. Like why the "evil looking crab ship people" weren't /really/ evil, or why the "artificial suit wearing people who always spoke in riddles and double entendre" weren't /really/ good. He used the show to teach me how to view the world as shades of grey: Most people aren't evil, they're just trying to get by, and evil people manipulate scared people into doing bad things.

That's what makes me really feel old watching it. I remember the bloody VHS tapes, and thinking I was super special being able to watch an adult show with my dad. :ferret:

"Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here?"

Dragon Ball Z came out in 1996, the same year I graduated from High School. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.