Suzumiya Haruhi is 10 years old and other atrocities

Status
Not open for further replies.
nausicaa.gif

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
-The first Ghibli movie by the then-nascent Studio Ghibli (Ghibli hadn't technically even been formed yet....)
-Made in 1984

mmpr_rangers.jpg

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
-Came out in 1993
-One of the big reasons there was a huge jump in martial arts attendance in the early 1990s in the US
-The sole reason why Super Sentai even got a foothold in the US
-I got Jason David Frank/Green Ranger's autograph at a con last year!!!!

Not really much of a spoiler (because it happens very early on just to establish that this is indeed a thing), but G'Kar summarizes it better than @Razilin or I could. Speaking of mysterious doe, Raz, those Technomages. So fucking good in every scene they're in. :ferret:
agreed. Michael ansara more or less did everything I expect a Space Wizard to be. mysterious, somewhat all-knowing, making references to sufficiently advanced science essentially being magic, some special effects, and being enigmatic enough to either been seen as wise or just a touch douchey.

• Love
Reactions: Astaroth and Brovo
Well, I'm young compared to the rest of you lot(1997), but I can still think of things. My first computer was a Pentium 3. I remember seeing the commercials for the airing of Teen Titans(my mom didn't let me watch it at the time, but I ended up watching it anyways.) I remember playing games that looked like somebody spat a bunch of pixels on to the screen(now we've got stuff like this.). I remember my family paying a couple grand for a computer with an Athlon 64. I remember having an internet connection that maxed out at 16kbps(though that was probably because the area I lived in couldn't get DSL or cable. >.>) And Windows 2000(and the disaster that was ME). Wow technology grows so fast.

WELP SINCE NO ONE'S FROM CROATIA NO ONE CAN REMEMBER WHAT THE OLD TRAMS LOOKED LIKE.

I remember like, the really, really old designs, when they had a big cushioned seat across the first door, right by the controller's cabin (you could even see in there!). I also remember the first modern tram appearing (it didn't even have these side seats then!), so....

Toontown is about 15 years old now.

Scratch is 11 years old, and version 2 came out 3 years ago already?!

OFF is 6 years old.

Minecraft came out in 2011.

One Piece started in 1997 and is still going.

TFP is 6 years old.

Reactions: Razilin
@Razilin

Stop having such impeccable taste in everything. It confuses me.

• Love
*angry hippo noises* I feel ancient and I'm only through like a quarter of a hundred years.

I'm not even 21 and I feel old. I remember watching Haruhi with my friend in like 8th grade because my brother had the dvd of the first season.

As for other things I look back and think "my god time sure does fly." I remember playing a Nintendo 64 and PlayStation, nowadays kids think of these thing's as ancient technology. When my cousin see's 8/16/32 bit games she complains. I almost smacked her since she was dissing old school games and their horrible graphics. I remember having to use the colored cables, or the one you screwed in. They don't even know how to hook up either of those.

Spongebob is like 17 years old. And still going somehow. The Simpson's is what 25 years old. Hell Mickey Mouse is almost 90 years old.

I can't wait to be 80 and tell my grandkids about ancient times when cars rolled on the ground and you had to use a controller to play games or switch t.v. channels. That you actually needed t.v. or screens to do stuff instead it being in your brain. (If technology is that advanced by then man 90's kids will be fucked.)

Anyone remember Slinkies and old school toys like a ball and cup. Now every 3 year old and up has an iphone 6 and plays call of duty.

I was born in 1993, but two of my favorite cartoon were (and still are) \
211360-31565-speed-racer.JPG

and
09913.jpg

The fact that I have watched them makes me feel old.

Reactions: foodforpigs
Status
Not open for further replies.