Sunrise or Sunset?

Which do you prefer?

• Sunrise

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Sunset

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Noon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As long as the sun's around somewhere... it's all good.

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenie

Follow the Strange Trails
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Advanced
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Supernatural, Horror
Which do you prefer? ^_^

While I find sunsets beautiful, there's something about sunrises that just seem peaceful to me. It could the fact that the colours are lighter than sunset, perhaps, or maybe its the dark red sun peeking out from beneath the horizon before showing itself in all its glory. There's also that feeling inside of a new day starting, a chance for new opportunities, a chance to maybe right yesterday's wrongs, new beginnings.

photos-mrkzy-tourist-europe-turkey-yalova-18023.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Flying Sparrow
Definitely sunrise. It not only marks a new day for me, but hey, it can also be an indictation of how long you've been up, sometimes. Take that as you will. ,': )

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Sunset. I live in a part of the world that has an abundance of 'natural pollution' in the air, so the colors that we get at sunset are absolutely amazing.

Definitely sunrise. Since moving on to campus, I've seen more sunrises than I've missed on account of the mountains and being so close to the central/eastern time zone divide. I wouldn't give up waking up in semi darkness and seeing the sun rise over breakfast for anything.

So, I'm not up early enough to see sunrise, and I honestly don't much pay attention to sunset.

If I had to pick between the two, I'd say sunset since I do see it the most. It also signifies that the day is over which can be the best feeling ever.

• Love
Typically I choose eternal darkness (because nightowl, I seriously sleep better during the day.) Buuuuut, in context of the post, definitely sunset. I'm usually awake for both, and it's just nice to see the firey ball of death go away.

• Love
Sunset. It reminds me of good times and childhood.

• Love
Sunset, because morning can go take a long walk off a short pier.

• Love
Sunrise is gorgeous and either means that I've successfully pulled an all-nighter or am at some church event that requires getting up early. Either way, it's great.

• Love
SUNRISE DUH!

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? I'M THE FUCKING CROW GOD OF THE SUN!

PRAISE ME BITCH

(jkjk ironically, I hate the sun so much I wish it never existed)

What makes the difference between dawn and sunrise? Because I like whatever is the time before everyone wakes up, which is usually between 3am and 6am. After that it's terrible, everyone is terrible, go away, I'm going back to bed *grump*. Sunset is just part of that terribleness, too many people are still awake and driving without turning their headlights on, despite everyone's visibility being hindered at certain angles/directions.

• Love
Sunrise. I don't do well with the sun but living in the northern part of the US makes me dreaaad sunset. Just because it gets so dark earlier in the winter along with all the snow.

• Love
What makes the difference between dawn and sunrise?
Dawn is basically the first light that appears in the sky before the sunrise. It's more of a light white glow in the horizon. :3

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
Dawn is basically the first light that appears in the sky before the sunrise. It's more of a light white glow in the horizon. :3

That's my vote, then. xD But since we're going by sunrise or sunset...it's gonna be sunrise.

• Love
I like both sunrise and sunset and it was a bit of an arbitrary decision to choose sunset.

However, this seems like a great place to mention how surreal and magical it is to go outside at night during summer. While not technically exposed to the full daylight of midnight sun, I am far enough north that it does not get completely dark at night for a span. The middle of the night gets the darkening twilight quality. It makes it hard to sleep, though, and I am forever complaining about that.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.