Stumbled Into (Taken)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Ella was tired, her entire form was one of relaxation trying to find comfort in the small act of laying in bed with the one she loved. It was touching to Darian and just affirmed that she still loved him, some part of her still cared for him. Wrapping his arms more tightly around her he was almost afraid, almost afraid that they would come for him again. Almost afraid that they would take her away from him and he would become that monster once more. And yet he slowly began to realize that, as afraid as he was of the monster that they'd changed him into... he would have to cause them to think that he was once more. He could only fool them well enough, if he was as cold and cruel as he'd once become.

That scared him, but as he looked down at Ella laying upon him he knew that for her sake he must do it. Running his hand through her hair he smiled softly, trying his hardest to hide the fear that he held within himself. "Ella, sleep," he told her almost commandingly wanting her to get some rest. He knew that he would get only a little if any at all based on his state of mind. He spent the rest of the night trying his best to steel his mind and his heart so that he could become that monster again. Or at the very least become a convincing actor of it.

The sun peeked through the door to the balcony, telling him that it was morning. He'd lost track of time but had managed a few precious hours of sleep. Carefully he pulled himself out from underneath Ella and walked into the bathing room. Warming the water he shed his clothes and stepped into the hot bath, letting it relax his muscles. Surprisingly his body seemed rested, despite the lack of sleep. He wondered how Ella was, he didn't have the heart to wake her from her slumber.

Once Darian left, Ella immediately stepped into the role of obedient slave. She started cleaning the room and made sure she looked like she had washed in the hard waters of the slave baths. She kept her head down and quieted her tongue, keeping her eyes on the ground. She had the whole room looking sparkling by the time Darian finished with his washing. Ella was alert and on edge, waiting for the queen of the pure fae to appear at any moment.

Sighing he got out of the bath and then heard the sound of footsteps in the room next to him. It seemed he was unsuccessful in not waking Ella up from her slumber. It seemed for a moment that he couldn't do a lot right. He then remembered how she'd looked last night, how she slept, her little toes curled up. She was safe and content in his arms. That, he hadn't screwed up and for that he was glad. Drying himself off he walked out of the bathing room to change into some more appropriate clothing.

A pair of brown pants, as well as a red shirt, emblazoned with the crest of what he could only assume was the royal family. A pair of riding boots donned his feet and he walked out of the closet slipping on a pair of gloves. However upon seeing Ella he couldn't help but feel like this was going to be one of the hardest things he'd done. Walking over to her he placed a hand gently under her chin, "Ella? Whatever happens... I love you." With that Darian smiled at her and then turned from her. "Let's go, slave..." he spit out before they walked out of the door. He took the turn that would take him to the throne room, he decided that it would be best to tell his mother in person that he wanted to leave for a bit and see what kind of a mate he could find.

Ella nodded. She gave him a small smile before resuming the role she had lived in for so long in her life. She followed Darian to the throne room where the queen was signing a few things. The pure faerie immediately brightened up at the sight of Darian. "Ah, my boy! What is it that you wish? Why are you up so early? You should be resting." She gave a concerned frown that seemed faker than the women in a whore house.

Reactions: 2 people
Spreading out his hands before him Darian just smiled sweetly at his mother, before walking up and giving her a hug. He now understood why he felt her affections and concerns fake. It was because none of it was real, "Good morning mother," he began softly. Then he walked a few steps back down and smirked at Ella. "I didn't want to be cooped up all day mother, a little ride might do me some good." He spoke confidently, looking around the room at the guards and slaves which occupied it with his 'mother'. "Besides, I figured this day off that you've given me was a good excuse to try and find a mate." Smiling he turned back to his 'mother' and with the attitude of a spoiled son he looked into her eyes. "Not that anyone can replace you mother, I just need to stretch my wings a little bit."

"Of course my boy. I know you would like to go alone, so I'll give you our best weapon. But do be back by the end of the month at least. I will be sending letters to check up on your progress." The queen said, thinking she had the poor boy wrapped around her finger. Ella felt hope rise in her heart, but was a bit scared. The queen walked down and gave her 'son' a hug before kissing his head. She then waved for her slave to bring in a very fancy sword. "I was going to give you this on your birthday, but... this would be more appropriate. Now, what slave are you giving as a gift?"

He felt the hug and the kiss and just smiled as any spoiled young brat would at the affections of his mother. She seemed to understand the need to go alone which caused a bit of worry to escape him. She spoke of a weapon, a sword was brought forward. It was a beautiful curved long sword, made in a way that no normal human blacksmith could possibly do. It's handle was curved as well allowing for maximum force to be put behind the blow. Along it's edge Darian could have sword that he saw the wind shift and slide as if the blade itself was not subject to the wind. It was the master. Taking the blade he looked at it, inwardly impressed by the blade but showed the same cockiness on the outside. "It's beautiful mother... I am honored."

Drawing the blade as she asked the question he smiled and looked cruelly at Ella, "Mother, do we not offer our slaves as tribute to our future bride?" As he said the word our the blade moved quickly to the shoulder of Ella, resting there, it's blade pointed towards her neck. Inwardly he screamed at himself for doing that, inwardly he couldn't believe what he was doing, but he needed to sell the idea the idea that he was still her cruel son. He cared nothing for Ella and yet it pained him to act like this, like she was nothing, however if he loved her they had to escape. Which meant that he must quell the beast within and act like the queen expected him. Walking forward he grasped her face and lowered the blade from her shoulder. "Besides mother, she is perfect... she does her job without so much as a single word. She's very diligent and knows her place. Perfect for my future wife."

Immediately, the queen started to protest. "Sweetie, my dear boy... You can not give that one. She is not right in the head. When you are not around, she acts out and hurts others. Your future bride would hate her. Take a different one." The queen begged, showing a few different slaves that could possibly replace Ella. She couldn't let a fae with that much power out of her grip, even if her son wanted to give her away.

Looking over at his mother he smiled, she didn't want Ella to leave... now that might be a problem. Ella's powers were something that he was sure that his 'mother' wanted to keep in check. But Darian didn't want to give her the idea that he knew what she was talking about. "I see..." Throwing Ella backwards as if he were rejecting her Darian walked over to the slaves. Each one seemed quiet, reserved, just as any pure fae would want them. But to be perfectly frank he had no intention of them ever coming back to the pure fae. But who would he save? Who would he show mercy to? Taking each one roughly by the cheek he acted as if he was examining each one. Making disgusted looks or remaining passive. There was a small one, no more then a child and yet she obediently stayed stalk still, looking at the ground. Horror filled Darian's heart that they would be cruel enough to enslave children. "You!" He shouted, which seemed to startle the young one. "How would you like to go on a little trip with me?" Kneeling down in front of the girl he didn't have it in his heart to be cruel to her but he needed to make it seem like he was testing her. The slave said nothing but after a few moments just nodded.

"There, that's settled mother..." he said rising to his feet once more. "Now you, go to my room and fetch my things. I want to be ready to leave by late morning..." he said. The slave seemed to hesitate a moment before he shouted, "Move!" Afterwards he turned to Ella, "You as well slave, and if I catch you acting up I'll deal with you myself." This time he used his sword to point at her. Turning back to his mother he planted a kiss on her cheek, "Mother, let me take my slave with me as well. If it will keep her from harming others while I'm not around then I will take them both. With this new weapon it will be easy to keep them in line. I can sense it's power and their fear..."

"Oh my sweet child... I fear she may hurt you too. You must keep her here, my sweet." The queen said, running a hand through his hair. "What if she injures the other slave? Your future wife would never select an injured slave!" She shook her head and took a hold of Ella. "I shall keep her in line so you do not have to worry, my son. Go with the other slave." She urged him, waving him off. Ella had a blank expression; she knew that something like this might happen. As long as Darian was out of the queen's clutches, she would be alright.

He felt the hand running through his hair, it nearly made him sick but he just smiled and looked into his mother's eyes. She waved him off, obviously dismissing him from the room so that she could work out what it was that she needed to. However Darian wasn't about to leave Ella behind, they had come too far. Ella was far to precious to him, "I thank you for your concern mother... you always were looking out for me." Walking over to Ella he smiled cruelly, bringing his sword back up to her neck, once again hating himself but realizing it's necessity. "But mother, how can I one day rule the kingdom if I cannot keep one slave in line..." He grabbed Ella by her cheeks and squeezed them together roughly, forcing her to look at him, inwardly he apologized but outwardly he just stared, his anger flaring. "You won't misbehave, while we are out for the month will you?" He asked with a mocking kindness.

The queen bit her lip before grabbing a collar and putting it around Ella's neck. "Alright, fine. But she must where that collar at all times." The queen said. "And you must not go out of the kingdom's magical field. Alright." The queen made sure that her son would not leave until he agreed to her terms, blocking most of the exits except for those only accessible by magic.

Because of what Darian already knew about Ella's powers he could understand the queens desires to keep them under wraps. A tight lock and key. However it seemed a collar would be the method of choice and by the look in her eye Darian knew that he couldn't weasel his way out of this one. They would have to deal with the collar later, whatever it was. Bowing lightly to his mother he smiled, "As you wish mother. I'm sure there are plenty of choices for a mate within the barrier." He said with a minor annoyance, he hoped it would come off as annoyance at the fact he was being forced into the barrier. It was more an inner annoyance at the whole situation. Sheathing his sword he turned to Ella and smiled, "Go catch up to the other slave, my things had better be ready by the time I return... I'll also expect my horse waiting for me outside."

Turning back to face his mother he smiled, "You drive a hard bargain mother... but a mother knows best, does she not?" He came up and hugged his mother, turning his head and kissing her cheek. "Thank you for letting me go, and for the sword. It is truly a beautiful piece... I can tell that it's enchanted by the wind. Am I not correct? It feels almost weightless." He said looking down at it. With that he said his final goodbyes to his mother and began the walk down to the front of the castle wondering what the collar would do to Ella if they went outside the barrier.

Ella nodded and ran off to find the young girl. She could feel the collar trying to restrict her magic, but failing. It started to burn up, dying as it shriveled into nothing. She looked for the young girl, hoping she wasn't too scared or too quiet. She knew Darian would never hurt the young girl. Hopefully, she could teach the young girl that.

Walking away from his 'mother' Darian had never felt so relieved in his life. Looking down at his side he looked at the sword, something like this might be useful. But what did he know about wielding a blade? Or fighting for that matter? He was a banker, a person who dealt with money... he took his time, getting lost a little bit but eventually making it to the front entrance. He saw Ella and the young girl already there and he knew that he needed to keep appearances. Walking briskly he looked almost disappointed. The guards saw him and were at rapt attention as the slaves helped Darian onto his horse. "Let's go slaves! Keep up!" He then began down the road, once they were out of sight from the castle he slowed down. Looking behind him to see if anyone had followed. Then with an exhausted sigh he smiled. "Thank goodness that's over... Ella, are you alright? I'm sorry about the sword, I shouldn't have wielded it so carelessly."

Looking over at the little girl he could tell that she was quite tired trying to keep up with the horse on her short legs, holding out his hand he looked down at her, "Here, would you like to ride for a bit?"

"It's alright, Darian. You did what you needed to do." Ella replied before smiling down at the little girl. "It's alright... he won't hurt you." She explained in their native tongue, hoping that would help soothe the girl a little bit. She held out a hand to help the small girl onto the horse, waiting patiently for the young slave. She knew that the poor thing was probably scared to death.

The little girl looked up at Darian, wide eyed before quickly looking down and shaking her head. It was then that Ella's soothing voice whispered to her in a language that was well understood that she began contemplating what the master wanted. She looked at the outstretched hands and took one in each of hers. Darian then lifted her with Ella's help and set her on the saddle in front of him. Shifting a little to give her more room she seemed quite embarrassed by all of this, "What is your name little one?" Darian's voice was loud in her ears but she was used to yelling, this man was just close.

"A... Anwen," she told him quietly. He seemed to nod in acceptance before smiling,

"A beautiful name Anwen, I am Darian and this is Ella." He motioned to the beautiful fae beside him. Then he looked around, all he could see were forests for miles. "Tell me Ella, I still think finding sanctuary with the royals would be best. Which way to their lands? Or do you have a better plan then mine?" Anwen's head shot around at the mention of royals, her world was suddenly turning completely upside down as these two spoke.

"Ride to the north until you reach a large lake. It will be hidden around there." Ella told Darian before smiling at the young child. "All will be explained soon, Little One. For now, rest." She soothed in the fae's language, taking care to keep close to the horse and the two, making sure no one could hear or see them. By now, they were nearing the edge of the magical barrier as it only covered a little bit north as the pure fae's kingdom was mainly to the west and south. She sighed as stress seemed to weigh heavily on her shoulders and in her chest.

Watching Ella for a moment he could tell that something was eating at her, "You? You make it sound like you're not coming with us... Ella, are you feeling alright?" He asked her looking around once more just to make sure that they weren't being followed. Everything was clear but he knew that it wasn't just that. They needed to get out of her quickly, once they were a good distance away from the castle he would feel safe enough to make camp for the night.

Ella smiled and nodded. "I'm fine." She said quietly. She knew that the queen wouldn't be fooled for too much longer. She would find out. Then what? What were they going to do? Were they going to get captured again? Was Darian going to lose himself again? He seemed to hurt so much when he did... She sighed and shook her head, trying not to think much about it.