Strife

Yo, @Kurogane86 my dood. I have to ask you to reconsider your latest post. It's a tense situation and Kane really shouldn't be acting so cocky to the rest of them. Look, I don't like asking people to edit their posts, in fact, I prefer to keep things going and deal with the consequences. However, here is a rather specific and problematic situation in which Mona would clash with Kane in a rather violent fashion in which he would find himself most likely hurt and antagonized for a good length of the RP. Now... If this is something that you wish to happen then feel free to stick to your post. Otherwise, I suggest having Kane react a bit more grateful and less patronizing, especially to Mona whose main problem-solving skill is beating it over the head with a bat. At least for now when he is so exhausted and she isn't.

Also, a bit of advice, don't make him so arrogant as to assume people will be on 'his' team. They won't; if he keeps insisting it will only serve to turn people away. My suggestion for this situation right now is for him to act humble, even if he doesn't feel so. Slowly he builds up trust with others, possibly by offering help when needed and THEN suggest they join his team.

Yo, @Kurogane86 my dood. I have to ask you to reconsider your latest post. It's a tense situation and Kane really shouldn't be acting so cocky to the rest of them. Look, I don't like asking people to edit their posts, in fact, I prefer to keep things going and deal with the consequences. However, here is a rather specific and problematic situation in which Mona would clash with Kane in a rather violent fashion in which he would find himself most likely hurt and antagonized for a good length of the RP. Now... If this is something that you wish to happen then feel free to stick to your post. Otherwise, I suggest having Kane react a bit more grateful and less patronizing, especially to Mona whose main problem-solving skill is beating it over the head with a bat. At least for now when he is so exhausted and she isn't.

Also, a bit of advice, don't make him so arrogant as to assume people will be on 'his' team. They won't; if he keeps insisting it will only serve to turn people away. My suggestion for this situation right now is for him to act humble, even if he doesn't feel so. Slowly he builds up trust with others, possibly by offering help when needed and THEN suggest they join his team.

Hey so i appreciate the heads up and i guess i can tone it down. Honestly when i was writing it i figured it would be pretty funny, having blindly assume they would be on his side. That being said thats my character, he is ignorant of the outside world and assumes things will work out smoothly since thats how hes been raised. Take a look at my CS to see i didn't pull it out of left field. But since you and @The Wanderer seem to agree ill pull all that stuff, disregard my last post ill post something that everyone can agree on later.

Reactions: Sketching101
@Kurogane86 Hello, we're gonna be doing a time-skip similar to what the others did so everyone's in the right place at le right time, and we want to make sure you knew what's going on so you're not left out.

Reactions: Kurogane86
@Kurogane86 Could I get an ETA on your post ^-^ No rush or anything, just curious

After your post I'll bring us back too the camp and the group will mostly be together

Sorry, i didnt realize it was my turn. Ill get a post up soon

@Kurogane86

The cast is going to be put into two groups the next day IC, said groups are going to be: 1. Lyra, Kane, Emrin, Lauren. 1. Logan, Rain, Nomad, Mona.

Letting you know so that if you had any objections or your own ideas, we don't accidently force you or your character into anything.

@Kurogane86

The cast is going to be put into two groups the next day IC, said groups are going to be: 1. Lyra, Kane, Emrin, Lauren. 1. Logan, Rain, Nomad, Mona.

Letting you know so that if you had any objections or your own ideas, we don't accidently force you or your character into anything.

That works, thanks for the heads up

• Thank You
Reactions: The Wanderer
@Kurogane86 Not wanting to rush you or such, but how soon can you post?

@Kurogane86 We be needing another post, if it isn't too much trouble.

Heyyo! If you're reading this and interested in the world, we are accepting again! We are about to be beginning our second arc in the story, so it's the perfect time to introduce new characters!
I'll be posting a timeline to summarize the intro-arc. Feel free to message me or join the discord if you have any questions!

waiting approval @TheQueensGuard

jdaHSdy.png

"The spirit of the universe is as bountiful as it is merciless." - Joso

• School and Class of Magic
    ▸Nature Magic - Energy (Novice) Beastial (Intermediate)
    Full Name
    ▸Joso "Joey" Silva
    Alias
    ▸the Monster Hunters Assistant
    Age | Birth-date
    ▸22, Born March 8th
    Sex
    ▸Male

• CKY2vSd.png

Height
    ▸6'0
    Weight
    ▸160
    Eye color
    ▸Dark blue
    Hair color
    ▸Jet black

▸Joso stands tall at exactly six feet, his height does well to make him out to be more thin than he actually is. Joso's day to day activities happen to involve a lot of legwork and exercise leaving him with an athletic build albeit his gangling legs and physique more so matches the description of a runners body rather than a body-builder, but what he evidently lacks in strength he makes up for with high stamina and agility. The features composing his face and upper body do well to compliment his slender build, each distinguishable from one another. His ears, nose, eyebrows, jaw and cheekbones all appear as sharp and defined as his broad shoulders.

His black, unkempt wavy hair has grown long enough to reach down the back of his neck which is slightly longer than average. His disheveled hair will often cover a pair of prominent dark blue serious eyes.

• ▸Joso carries himself diligently and has been conditioned to operate in the new world calm and collected, whether dealing with the wilderness or people alike. Not one to seek or resolve random conflicts, his behavior is always goal-driven and dictated by the current task at hand as he tends to keep himself busy to avoid mettling in other peoples affairs, whether that be studying the arts, practicing magic, hunting, hiking or scavenging and trading. He is familiar with the slums and their degenerates, the survivalists and their settlements, saints and sinners and the like. He prefers, however, the quiet and solitude of the wilderness and its interweaving roads, seeing as that is where he spends most of his time; making the practice and understanding of magic and the arts his priority. Everything else comes second to Joso, who has learned its best to lookout for oneself before anything and this is reflected in his behavior.

His reclusive tendencies have inevitably left him a shy body who only concerns himself with the clothes on his own back, making him out to be more of a survivor than a leader or hero. Despite being constantly prepared for danger, Joso will always prefer avoiding it unless conflict is absolutely necessary. This cautious demeanor does contradict his constant searching for enlightenment and learning that essentially demands he put himself in harms way. The mastery of magic does take priority over safety and caution, however only for the sake of survival and longevity. His introverted nature should not suggest Joso isn't good-natured and helpful rather than someone who would throw another under the bus for his own sake. He simply makes an effort to avoid trouble altogether unless his involvement will benefit his interests in magic and alchemy.

• ▸In his youth Joso learned to hunt in the wilderness early on in life. Growing up an only child he was raised in Grimm's Folly by his uncle who made a living as a handler and Beastial Magic user. Despite living among bandits who they worked for, Joso's uncle was mostly concerned with simply getting through every day unscathed and unbothered. He had plans to save up enough to open an alchemy shop elsewhere, Providence being the most likely of places to settle.

Joso's uncle made sure to provide him with the knowledge and training of a handler and always brought him along their hunting parties as soon as he was old enough. From that point on learning the basics of magic and survival made up Joso's day to day lifestyle, eventually earning him a place with the handlers, however only to the extent of catching animals and creatures. What the bandits used the animals and creatures for was their business, which Joso and his uncle made sure not to be apart of.

Joso's time working with his uncle as a handler allowed him to hone his abilities in the nature school of magic as an all-around novice. He favored Energy magic so as to compliment his uncle's expert abilities as a Beastial mage. They were some of only a small number of handlers that were known to tame animals and creatures rather than tie up and drug the creatures. Future plans for an alchemy shop lead to the study of the craft as well. Often handlers would transport animals and creatures back to the city via trucks/vans which lead to respectable knowledge of auto mechanics, although very basic and minimal (i.e. changing oil, swapping flat tires, replacing belt and brake pads, salvaging spare parts.)

After almost a lifetime of saving, Joso and his uncle managed to accumulate enough wealth to venture out to Providence in hopes of making a more honest living. Not expecting the bandits to part ways so easily with some of their most dependable handlers, they planned to sneak out of the city in the middle of the night instead.

After making their way out of he city in the dead of night, they were ambushed in their sleep by a group of raiders who had been tasked with patrolling the outskirts of the city for scavengers. Even with the element of surprise, the raiders would not easily subdue an expert in Beastial magic. Joso and his uncle managed to at least fend off the raiders - who eventually retreated with most of their wealth and leaving Joso's uncle fatally wounded. Being a novice at the time, Joso could not manage to stabilize his uncles condition. He could only do his best to ease his uncles suffering during his final moments.

The following morning Joso was forced to bury his uncle in the wilderness. Seeing as any sort of revenge mission would require he dig his own grave, he instead collected whatever the raiders had left behind and wandered aimlessly, with no real destination in sight or mind. Relying soley on his knowledge of hunting and survival to get by, Joso met a group of scavengers after days of living in the wilderness. Without anyone or place to call home he followed them to Breez, a small village that seemed friendly enough.

Joso stuck around with the local scavengers until he scrounged up enough to build an alchemy laboratory in a small makeshift shack just outside of Breez. It was about the closest he could get to an alchemy shop, but he managed to make the shack a permanent home. He has since resided on the outskirts of Breez, only venturing out to gather herbs and ingredients, sell his concoctions and solutions or practice magic. He's recently taken up helping scavengers traverse the wilderness as a guide, ensuring wild animals and lesser threatening creatures remain docile in exchange for anything that could aid his endeavors in alchemy and hunting. The job itself provides valuable training as a Beastial mage as it requires Joso to interact with animals and creatures.

• Skills
    ▸Hunting (rifles, bows, small arms)
    ▸Tracking, Trapping, Fishing
    ▸Alchemy
    ▸Horseback riding
    ▸Woodcutting, fire-making, cooking
    ▸Crafting (i.e. saddles, tanning leather, fletching, tents)[/FONT]
    ▸Handler (taming wildlife and magic creatures)
    ▸Auto-mechanics
    ▸Navigation
    ▸Basic first-aid
    ▸Farming

Equipment
    Salvaged crossbow
    ▸Poison-tipped arrows
    ▸Short double-barrel shotgun
    ▸Corrosive shotgun shells
    ▸Six chamber magnum revolver
    ▸.45 rounds
    ▸Hunting knife
    ▸Herbs, various alchemy ingredients
    ▸Fishing pole, bait, traps, cutting-knife, rope
    ▸Woodcutters axe, flint and steel, portable stove
    ▸Dry meals, instant coffee, water canteens, bowl, spoon
    ▸Sleeping bag, camping backpack, saddles, saddlebags, pouches, satchels
    ▸Compass, topographical map, notebooks, pens
    ▸First-aid kit (bandages, splints, disinfectant)
    ▸Durable leather trench-coat

• Other
    ▸Joso's enchanted thoroughbred horse "Secret" possesses some Shadowcasting abilities.
    ▸Blends into shadows, occasionally turning itself and her rider invisible.
    ▸Capable of teleporting short distances occasionally.

gwqcVY8.png

Joso's pet baby Wyvern, six months old. Estimated size at full growth below, however at six months old the Wyvern is a little more than the size of a parrot.

3Xl6vnp.jpg

Last edited:
@TheQueensGuard Finally finished my CS. Do let me know if something needs to be changed.

Character Sheet

Name: Voyd Nightfallen

Appearance:

8c00368d44b0bde1fbf199fbe2b4adfe.jpg
tumblr_py06a1PxT01x8sgrho2_1280.jpg

School and Class of Magic: Enchantment - Enchanting - Intermediate Skill Level

Skills:

Tracking
- Voyd has an extensive experience of tracking not just monsters but also wild animals and game when he ends up staying in the wilderness for long during expeditions.While he rarely does this, he is also knowledgeable in tracking down people.

Survival Skills - Over the years, Voyd has picked up countless survival skills and techniques owed not only from his profession but also from the training he received from his mentor. He has spent several weeks up to few months fending for himself. He is also knowledgeable in crafting basic gear and traps to hunt wild game or be used for any mundane task.

Botanical Knowledge - Voyd is able to identify edible, and useful plants from non-edible and poisonous ones. When used in tandem with his alchemical knowledge, he is able to make different concoction ranging from simple potions to poisons.

Multiple Weapons Handling - Can use practically anything that was designed to be a weapon. He can also use non-conventional weaponry to gain an advantage during a fight.

Alchemy - Voyd learned early on how indispensable of a skill alchemy is with its ability to not only save money on materials but also craft life-saving items like potions and antidotes while out in the field. While he can only produce simple items and concoctions from Alchemy he is determined to further his studies of the craft and be able to produce more effective items.

Smithing - While no expert on Blacksmithing, Voyd can do mundane tasks like maintaining and repairing his equipment and with the help of alchemy, fashion ammunition for his firearm.

Extensive Monster Knowledge - Probably the first and most important thing a Hunter needs in one's repertoire, Voyd has picked up information about an extensive range of monsters and how to deal with them. While not necessarily denoting that he can easily dispatch any monsters, this does mean that he is a little more prepared than the average end of the world Joe when facing these creatures.

Equipment:

Deck of Pre-Enchanted Rune Cards
- These cards are infused with varying effects in order to quickly cast the magic stored inside them. Due to the integrity of the vessel used to contain enchantments, the cards can only hold simple enchantments and once the charges in each card are depleted, the card automatically withers away.

Pouch of Rune Stones - More structurally stable for containing Enchantments, Rune Stones can hold stronger types of magic such as Elemental Attacks and Armor and Weapon Enchantments. In addition, even if the magical charges are depleted, the rune stone's charges can be replenished. Due to the cost effectiveness of this material, Rune Stones are a highly sought after item by Enchanters. Currently, Voyd has 13 Rune Stones in his possession.

Enchanted Whetstone - A whetstone that can instantly sharpen a dull blade, using it depletes the charges stored in it but it still can be used as a regular whetstone with or without any charges stored in it.

Enchanted Short Sword - A finely crafted short sword the can be imbued with enchantments. While normally only able to take on 2 enchantments at any given time, the sword's hilt has 2 slots engraved into it meant to take on 2 more additional enchantments through the use of rune stones. Rune cards can also be used but affects the weapon to a lesser degree.

Enchanted Rucksack - A seemingly ordinary rucksack that can hold more items than what one would initially suspect, even ones that seem to be too large to fit inside.

Portable Alchemy Set - Standard Alchemy Set for the alchemist on the go. Not as efficient or as effective as equipment used by alchemists in their laboratories though.

Set of Throwing Knives - ordinary throwing knives enchanted to give off a faint aura whenever they leave their owner's possession for easy retrieval.

Hatchet - can be used for wood cutting, or combat purposes. Can also be used as a throwing weapon. The hatchet has been enchanted to magically return to Voyd whenever thrown.

L.A.R. Grizzly Win Mag - While Voyd can use most conventional firearms, he prefers using this particular handgun. The gun has been enchanted to reduce recoil and each bullet can be individually enchanted to give off various effects. The gun is also enchanted to return to his holster after being separated from him for more than a minute.

Various Grenades - Grenades that give off various effects, Voyd currently has 4 Smoke Grenades, 3 Flash Grenades, 3 Incendiary Grenades and 2 Fragmentation Grenades.

Franken Mask - An imposing, enchanted magitech mask that filters harmful particles and toxins in the air and also enhances one's vision during nighttime. The vision enhancing component of the mask requires magitech batteries to operate but the filter can be readily replaced by applying an enchantment to it.

Camping Gear and Supplies - Ordinary camping supplies. Not everything he carries with him is magic, you know?

Personality:
Ever since Vania was taken from him by the Inquisition, Voyd has opted to live by himself and avoid other people when possible. He has trouble trusting others considering the doctor that sold them out to Providence was a good friend of Vania. He also has a hard time trusting people who lived or came from Providence in general. He is serious to a fault, focused on any given task he has set himself towards. With that said, this doesn't mean he has completely closed himself from others. Even after all these years, he still remembers the promise he made Vania during that fateful day, and in order to fulfill that promise, he hopes to find a group of trusted allies that could help him rescue her from Providence and its Inquisition.

His training and past experiences has taught him patience and discipline, and he never dares to underestimate any opponent he faces. Unfortunately, he has also became overly cautious at times and tends to do things more thoroughly than others just to be sure.

Background:

Voyd didn't have a particularly normal childhood, or whatever it is normal for a child born in the apocalypse. For starters, he doesn't know who his true parents are. The person who took him in, and one he would call as his mentor, Veron Sterman, claims he found him when he was five years old in some ruins near Stoneview and has raised him ever since. While Veron was against Voyd using his family name, he treated him akin to his own son. Not only did he give him clothing, food, and shelter, he also provided him with the same education he gave his daughter, Vania. Since his daughter had a particularly weak constitution, she was delighted to have someone her age to interact with, and quickly became friends with him.

However, it became apparent that Veron was grooming him to take on the same profession as him: a "Hunter". Veron began training Voyd at an early age the basics of being a Hunter. He learned how to fight, how to survive in the wilderness from a few days to months on end, which things are safe to eat, and what sort of monsters one could encounter plus how to defend against each one. Since Enchanting was the branch of magic that Veron knew how to cast, it was inevitable that Voyd would also follow in the old man's footsteps once it was clear he had the capacity to learn magic.

Soon enough, Veron would take him along for hunts, watching his mentor do things at first, then assisting him, and finally killing monsters by himself. His final test came when he was 12 years old where Veron left Voyd by himself in the wilderness to see if he can truly survive by himself when the time comes. Additionally he was required to bring a part from each monster in the Bestiary Veron gave him. How he obtains these were irrelevant so long as he has acquired parts from all these monsters before he comes back, or not bother coming back at all. It took him over a month but he managed to finish his task with great difficulty. Unknown to him, it was just the beginning of his struggles.

Upon returning from his quest, Voyd found Veron's ranch in ruins. The small patch of land they were using to grow crops was razed beyond use, the house was in shambles and a company of Inquisitors were ganging up on Veron who had already sustained grievous injuries. Vania, on the other hand, was being dragged away by a lone Inquisitor. Taking advantage of the distraction Veron was unwittingly providing, Voyd ambushed the Inquisitor holding Vania captive and freed her from her binds. As much as he wanted to save his mentor, Voyd knew that it was suicide to take on half a dozen Inquisitors by himself at his current strength.

Thus, he tried to convince Vania to leave her father behind, lest they end up making his sacrifice in vain but Vania reluctantly told him about her magic. As it turns out, the Inquisitors had heard she possessed an elusive form of magic, Enhancement. While useless on its own, Enhancement magic basically makes all other magic more powerful when used in tandem with it. Something like that could tip the balance of power between the 3 nations in Providence's favor, possibly enable them to start a conquest against Grimm's Folly and Breez. With this power, Vania pleaded for Voyd to save her father from certain death, and having owed everything to the old man, himself, he had no choice but to comply. Under normal circumstances, he would have no chance whatsover to win against such an overwhelming amount of enemies, but with the help of Vania's magic, he was barely able to scrape by. His very own Enchantments not only felt like they were at least twice more effective, he discovered that the amount of enchantments he could place on his equipment rose significantly. Nonetheless, this power did not make him an unrivaled paragon in combat and he still sustained several injuries, though non of them were life threatening.

After all but one of the Inquisitors were felled by Veron and Voyd's blades, the last enemy promptly retreated. Unfortunately, they didn't have any time to celebrate. Veron had been seriously wounded in the battle and had lost a lot of blood. On top of that, they had only faced a small detachment of Inquisition troops and more were sure to arrive any time soon. With no other choice, Voyd left a few potion vials with Veron and fled with Vania to what he would hope to be the last place Providence would dare to lay their hands on, Grimm's Folly.

The journey was long and arduous but Vania and Voyd managed to arrive safely in the city of crime. They kept to themselves, in an attempt to attract as little attention to themselves as possible. While Vania stayed at home, Voyd would take on odd-jobs just to bring food to the table. One day he's a "cleaner" tasked with making bodies any of factions had dealt with disappear. At other times, he's a hunter tasked with killing monsters that were insignificant enough for the Handlers to deal with, or a sellsword escorting a merchant in their journeys. The days continued like this, hard but otherwise peaceful. They were even able to purchase a small cottage on the outskirts of the city. Indeed, it seemed like the two would finally be able to live in peace... But peace makes people let their guards down and that, in turn, paves way to complacency.

4 years after arriving in Grimm's Folly, Vania unwittingly made a critical mistake when she used her magic to help a doctor treat a critically injured person after a large scale monster attack. Enticed by the promise of a handsome reward and a better life for his family, the doctor gave away the location of their home and on a beautiful Sunday morning, Voyd and Vania woke up to a squadron of Inquisitors surrounding their little cottage. Voyd tried to defeat as many enemies as he could but he was bested by the Head Inquisitor, Philip. Before the leader of the inquistors could strike him down, however, Vania begged for Voyd's life and agreed to go with the Inquisitors back the Providence if they would spare him. Before the Inquisitors took Vania away, Voyd vowed that he would one day save her from the clutches of Providence and its Inquisitors.

After that fateful day, Voyd left Grimm's Folly and has decided to take up residence in Breez, collecting materials for alchemists and hunting monsters. He has also done Jay Kennedy a few favors in exchange for mentoring him further with his Enchantment Magic. Years later, he has also started running an Enchantment shop, bartering charging items with magic for basic necessities, equipment, or interesting information regarding Providence.

Relationships:

Vania Sterman (Stepsister | Alive)

1573224488338.jpg
tumblr_plf6r8Llri1v2uz0g_1280.jpg

Vania was the first friend Voyd ever made as well as his mentor's daughter. He considers her as a sibling and the only family he has left since he doesn't know the whereabouts of his real parents or Veron's fate. 6 years ago, she was taken away by Providence's Inquisition and he has vowed ever since to save her from their clutches. He tries to get as much information as he can about her condition but has received mostly hearsays and info with questionable credibility.

Veron Sterman (Foster Father | Presumed Deceased)
5244f2cd949b866a3bb4b91fbb64e237.jpg
- Voyd's foster father and mentor, he taught him everything he knows as a hunter and gave him the same education as his daughter, Vania. Despite not allowing Voyd to take on his family name, he treated him as if he were his own son, and gave his life to give his children a chance to escape. It is unknown what became of him after Vania and Voyd fled for Grimm's Folly and he has assumed the worst had happened to him given his injuries.

Jay Kennedy - Voyd first came into contact with Jay when he took refuge in Breez after that fateful day when he lost Vania to the Inquisition. He took pity on the teenager and helped him get back on his feet. He even taught Voyd a few tips and tricks with Enchantment Magic after Voyd "did a couple of favors" for him.

Phineas Becker
11103c83d5ebec4651027664a3154202.jpg

Phineas was the person who taught Voyd everything he knew about alchemy after the boy took interest in it since he was complaining of always running out of potions while in the field. In exchange, he would ask the young Hunter to gather materials he needed for running his shop as well as teaching him. After all, the very principle of Alchemy, "Equivalent Exchange", is also the fundamental notion of business as well.

Other: Voyd's surname, "Nightfallen" was given to him by Veron because he found him at the ruins near Stoneview a little after dusk had arrived.

Last edited:
@Accelerator @Paz @Equusheart
Wrote the 'TLDR' version of the IC
:-/ Still turned out pretty long, sorry bout that. The few recent posts were set in this month, so I recommend reading those!

The Story so far....
Four months ago

In the early morning hours, a van from the city of Providence rolled into the small town of Breez. The driver was Emilia Strider, a young lady who was in charge of keeping in contact with a scientific expedition team in the fallen city of Stoneview. At the head of this expedition was Kathleen Ramadan, a bright mind and council member of Breez. While there were other members in the group from either city, Aster Russo was a close friend of Emilia.
When Emilia lost contact with the expedition, she immediately requested help from Providence. After deeming a search and rescue mission too dangerous, Strider went to Breez in search of help to rescue her lost friend.

Upon reaching the town, Emilia immediately went too 'the Breez Bar'. This bar was home to Jay Kennedy, another member apart of the council and 'face' of the small town. Hearing the tale from the girl and intending on getting both Kathleen and his niece, Aster, out of the city he began putting together a group to get into the city.
Luckily for him, most of the people that volunteered for the mission showed up in his bar for their various reasons.

Among them were Lauren Kazanezsky, a thief caught stealing from the Breez library and her captor Logan Russo, father to Aster Russo and one of the town drunkards. Rain Greywater was the doctor of the town, who volunteered to follow along with the group in exchange for supplies and Nissa 'Ghost' Harley, a gunsmith and close friend to Jay who was asked to head into Stoneview as a favor. Emrin Carth was the youngest of the group and a past friend of Aster Russo who intended on rescuing her child-hood friend.

Meanwhile a group of scavengers were forming too head out for the day. Among them was Lyra Rosewald and Mona Twist, a pair of trouble-making ladies and Nomad, a mute scavenger who frequently ran on runs around the city. Following close behind was Kane, a shadow-wielding assassin from Folly bent on discovering a way to stop the portals.

~~~
As the search-party group piled into the van to get to Stoneview quickly, Nissa headed out on a motorcycle with her dog Whistler to scou for the rest of the group. The Scavengers already headed out into the world, traveling several hours when they ran into a horde of Mana-Starved, among them a lumbering mana-afflicted troll. Escaping into some pre-portal train tunnels, the Scavengers unknowingly were traveling farther from Breez towards the direction of Stoneview.
Upon reaching the city, Nissa crashed her bike and made her way to her child-hood home, where Aster Russo was planning on staying for the night after escaping a pack of Pox-Trolls. Telling Aster of the plan to rescue the scientific expedition, the pair rested up for the night and headed out in the morning to find the rest of the group.

The rest of the group found rest in an old supermarket and after Emrin sent out her owl to scout around the area she spotted the Scavengers. After a brief and tense misunderstanding, the two groups formed into one.
When Nissa failed to show, they assumed she was either lost or dead. Logan separated the party into two so they could cover more ground to both look for Nissa and the Scientific Expedition. When they were separated, Logans group ran into bandits. After a firefight and escaping too a construction site, a Manastorm hit the city of Stoneview. Giving them cover from the bandits, Logans group presided to find shelter for the night in an old office building. While a magically charged lightning storm raged outside, a dragon living inside the storm made its presence known as it killed any bandits that made too much noise.

Meanwhile the other group led by Lauren ran into the horde of Manastarved. Lauren bought the rest of the group time by making as much noise as possible and leading a large group of the Manastarved away from the building the rest of the group were hiding in.
Nissa and Aster also managed to find themselves in this building after spotting a distress flare.
The next day Lauren was no where to be seen.
Both groups rejoined into one and they headed deeper into the city for one more look for the scientific group. Nomad broke off to search for supplies were he stumbled upon the den of the dragon, accidentally waking it up and running into Fayne Santalion who lived in the forest adjacent to the city.

The pair fled to where the main group traveled, with the dragon close behind. Nomad nearly became dragon food when a large troll attacked it, buying the entire group time to escape. During this escape, the Pox Trolls that had hunted Aster and the scientific group earlier in the day started to chase the group.
In the hectic next few moments, Nissa, Rain and Kane were separated from the group. The remaining members of the group recouped and sent out Emrins owl to search for them. Finding nothing, Logan decided that they needed too get back to Breez. Low on supplies, the group went to where they parked the van, only to find it missing.
Walking back using the tunnels the Scavenger group previously used, they eventually found their way back to Breez. Waiting for them there was Kathleen Ramadan, who had found and taken the van the Rescue party had used. Also waiting for them was Nissa and Whistler.
Fayne stayed behind at the forest, opting to not go to Breez.

Reactions: marcy