Strength in Differences

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't much longer before Nik was finished training with Aiofe and the rest of the Elementals. He had learned all that he could, at least from them, and so they headed back to the Chaktawe nation. Not very much news had been heard of the mysterious evil that still impended upon them, and Kaulu didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. Regardless, she and Nik had good news of their own. One, that he had finished training and had made it out alive. And two, that they were expecting another child.

Call it the calm before the storm, but Kaulu was happy. She was back home with her adored ones, her husband was safe, and another bundle of love and hope grew inside her. She'd be damned if she didn't make the best of the days before war came upon them.

But trouble still stirred, and unfortunately it was the Sidhe that was suffering. Still. For three days he had been haunted by nightmares - very vivid nightmares that would wake not only him, but his wife as well. And tonight was no different... except that there was something else that had happened.

Kaulu woke with a start and caught the warmth and the sight of the flames upon their bed, but they were quickly vanquished and only burnt blankets were left. She looked to Nik and saw that he was far from the bed with such a fearful expression that it set her heart beating faster. She didn't speak, not for a while as she just stared at her husband. The fire had been so close that she knew he wouldn't go to her.

But why had it acted out? The Elements had never harmed her before; she had always felt at least welcomed by them. But it seemed that these nightmares... they were only getting worse and she had a feeling that they wouldn't get any better.

"Nik..." she began, voice beckoning as she held out her arms. "Come here." He couldn't fear he would hurt her. She couldn't let that happen. He didn't have anyone or anywhere else. "Please. You won't hurt me. You won't."

Pale blue eyes were wide in the darkness, nothing but the full moon overhead illuminating the room. It seemed to make Nik's white hair glow, the markings on his face shimmer and the effect was only enhanced when small ripples of lightning traveled down his arms. Ever since being released that day, Nik had found that when he felt any kind of strong, overwhelming emotion, the lightning responded to it, made itself known. It was as if he'd opened a door on a cage and now didn't know how to latch it again properly...or even if it could be latched at all.

"I almost did."

The words left the Sidhe in a whisper, but despite himself, he started forward, unable to resist her, unable to deny her. The selfish part of himself that he cursed in this moment didn't want to stay away, needed Kaulu and Nik wished he could be stronger, for her sake. He could hurt her. She said he wouldn't, but he could and Nik didn't even like the thought of there being a chance of that. A chance he could harm their child.

But his body took him to Kaulu and Nik leaned into her touch with a shudder of relief, the coolness of her fingers soothing against the heat of his skin, a warmth that bordered on being unnatural for someone normal, but completely uncommon for Nik who was usually of a cooler temperature anyway. The problem was, it was hard to know if the heat was from the flames that had erupted from his skin....or from a fever. There would be no way to know without a healer's exam or without waiting for the affect of the flames to wear off.

"There's so much death, Kaulu. So much pain. I can feel it when I sleep." he half whispered, half whimpered to her, and the Sidhe grit his teeth, bringing his hand up to cover her own, eyes closing as he shook his head, as if to take back what he'd uttered.

"I'm sorry. I never want to hurt you, or our child. I'm sorry."

Last edited:
He almost did... but he hadn't and that was all that mattered. As Nik went to her, her fingertips grazed against his cheeks and then up through his hair before she wrapped her arms around him. She didn't know what she would have done if he had rejected her in his fear, but she was glad that he hadn't. She listened to his words, his explanation of the nightmares and she grimaced as she held him close. The heat he was given off was strange, and like him, she wasn't sure if it was because of the flames from earlier or if he had a fever.

"Nik, it's okay, it's okay," she said, voice hushed. "Of course you don't want to hurt us. This isn't your fault." She kissed his forehead gingerly. "These nightmares... I think it's time we go to someone about them. A healer, maybe. There might be something more to them than we're giving credit for." She didn't know what the dreams could possibly mean, but... better safe than sorry, right?

Nik nodded his consent to Kaulu's plan, but his eyes were growing heavy again with her presence so near, her heartbeat in his ears and the exhaustion of three nights with broken-up sleep catching up to him swiftly. Now that he was calmer again, now that the fear was fading, so was his grasp on consciousness. What shook him awake was the sight of the burnt blankets on the bed and the Sidhe groaned slightly, but made himself pull away from Kaulu.

He gave her a weary, but small smile, placing a soft kiss to her lips in a wordless gesture of thanks for her words, before he moved from the bed and to the storage chest, pulling out more blankets. He came back with a sheepish look.

Remaking the bed would probably be a good idea before sleeping again. He decided to focus on that for now, not the fear that still curled through his mind. That could wait until the morning.

--

Chahel and Kisha had been called away to help a small outbreak of an easily cured, but nasty cold in the Kalanue Tribe. The healer that replaced them for the time-being was a bit younger, though, still older than Nik or Kaulu. She took one look at the Sidhe - who had woken up just before dawn from another nightmare, though, this one had not made him produce flames - and his pale complexion, glassy eyes and dark circles, and almost instantly had him sitting down, checking him over. Eyes, nose, tongue, throat, ears, lymphs, everything was given a once over before the healer who'd introduced herself as Sefeyha moved back a bit, looking troubled.

"How long have you been feeling this way, Nik?"

The Sidhe ran his hand back through his hair, ignoring the dampness caused by the fever - and they now knew it was - weary as he answered, the fact evident in his voice. "Three or four days. I...it wasn't a fever until last night. I've just been having...dreams."

Sefeyha looked thoughtful, feeling his forehead again, sharp eyes catching the way he flinched and she made a note to herself to make her movements slower. Her power swept over him, trying to determine the origin of the heat, the cause, the reason for it. There was no infection, though. No foreign substance, no virus. Nothing. Just...weariness so deep it was startling. "Well, there are fevers that came originate from trauma to the mind. It has to be a significant amount of mental damage, but....it can happen and I see nothing else to explain the cause of your symptoms."

She smiled gently. "What you need is sleep, Sidhe."

Kaulu would have rocked her husband to sleep if he had let her, but it seemed the sheets were bothering him. She didn't quite know that yet, though, and so when he moved away from the bed, she moved to chase after him. But she quickly realized what he was doing and stood from the bed as well. She helped him make it, and then once they were laying down she took him in her arms again.

---

"Sleep?" Kaulu scoffed, not being able to help it. She hadn't been able to help a lot of things recently, and that might or might not have been due to everything that had happened so far. It wasn't like she hadn't had trouble sleeping either, so that might be another factor. Sefeyha knew the Chaktawe princess and would hopefully understand why she acted in such a way. Kaulu had cleared her throat, though, before quickly speaking again. "He can't get any sleep if these nightmares he has keep happening. They've only gotten worse."

Sefeyha merely nodded to her Princess, understanding very well where Kaulu was coming from and why she was reacting as she was. She was probably just as tired as Niklomaus, but not as equipped to handling it, her resources going into growing the baby within her. The stress of an impending war, a pregnancy and whatever was going on with her husband could not be doing anything good for Kaulu and Sefeyha made a mental note to herself to give Kaulu herb supplements before she left.

In the meantime, her attention came back to Nik who was looking away, appearing unsure and on edge, something both Kisha and Chahel had warned her about. Their advice was coming back to her now and the healer moved back a bit and sat down, looking far less intimidating now that she was at the Sidhe's level. She leaned forward, arms on her knees, hands together.

"Nightmares?"

"Dreams."

Sefeyha paused, head tilting. "Nik, do you recognize the difference between a nightmare and a dream?" When the Sidhe didn't respond right away, the healer already knew the answer, but she let him speak when he felt ready. "Dreams are nightmares. That's all they've ever been for me. These ones are just....worse."

"How so?"

Pale blue eyes glanced to Kaulu as if seeking reassurance or perhaps to just convince himself she was there and hadn't left. "I can feel them. I..wake still feeling the pain and the images don't fade. They...I can remember everything as clearly now as I saw it then. Like a memory."

"A memory? Are you dreaming things you remember?"

Nik paused for a moment and kept his mouth tightly closed, debating his theory, wondering if they might just think him delirious because of the fever. Finally, he spoke. "They're not my memories, but....I am experiencing them."

Black eyes met blue and Kaulu nodded slightly, giving the assurance her husband needed. Whether it was assurance to trust Sefeyha or assurance that she was still there, Kaulu gave it to him. As the two conversed, she listened and paid close attention as she always did in appropriate situations such as these. Towards the end, something flickered in her gaze. Nik said that the nightmares weren't his memories, but they very well could be. He was experiencing them like they were his own.

This had to deal with the Elements. It had to. Otherwise, how could Nik dream of such things when they weren't his own experiences? And why would he, for three nights straight?

"Is it... is it the Elements?" she asked, glancing from the healer to the Sidhe. They had been the cause of other things...

"The Elements?"

Sefeyha looked extremely confused in that moment, but Nik was already nodding and he glanced to the healer, voice quiet. "I am a Vessel. The Elements can use me, speak through me." Not everyone among the Chaktawe were aware of such yet, but the news was slowly growing, purposefully so. The more people that understood what was going on - people in charge - the more united everyone would be. As of yet, though, the healers hadn't had a need to know such a thing.

The female Suli instantly used the information, though, and applied it to what she already knew of Nik's symptoms. "So these Elements, when they speak through you, does it hurt? Do you feel like it could be classified as 'mentally damaging'?"

The Sidhe sighed, but nodded, bringing his fingers to his temples, rubbing there as he closed his eyes, his elbows on his knees. His head ached and he was having trouble keeping his eyes open. He was cold, though, he knew his skin was raging with heat and he had this persistent pressure, as if he were just barely able to perceive the echoes of a loud conversation going on around him. A conversation that was made up of more than mere words, but images and feelings, too.

He just wanted it to go away, to let him SLEEP.

Sefeyha looked a bit out of her depth, but she spoke gently, looking from Kaulu to Nik and back again. "I can give you a sleep remedy, something that will keep you from dreaming. Perhaps that will help. Would you like to try it?" The healer was looking more at Kaulu than Nik because the Sidhe looked almost half-asleep already and it was clear his fever was getting the best of him.

Feeling her husband's weariness, Kaulu put a hand on his back and began rubbing it. Most of her attention was on Nik now, and she only tuned her ears to listen in on their conversation. When she felt Sefeyha's eyes on her, she looked up and met her gaze. A sleeping remedy that prevented dreams? Well... it seemed to be their only shot right now. Nodding, she glanced to her husband who looked so exhausted and sickly, her eyebrows furring in concern before looking back to the other female. "Is there anything you can do for the fever?"

(( Sorry for the shortness >_< ))

(( Sokay! I admittedly didn't give you much to work with. Sorry... ))

Sefeyha bit her lip a bit, thoughtful, and she moved to her shelves, fingers skimming over the jars and bags there before she found what she wanted and came back, showing the powder to Kaulu. "If you give him about two pinches of this every three or four hours, it should help to reduce the reaction his body is producing to the stress in his mind. I'm afraid that normal fever remedies aren't going to be very helpful in this case. He has no infection or illness to treat."

"I'll use it. Thank you." Nik's voice was slightly slurred, a fatigue stronger than just lack of sleep making him barely able to keep his eyes open much less walk. Even as he tried to stand, though, Marsin was pushing into the room and the large male werewolf said not a word as he picked the Sidhe up, waiting patiently for Kaulu to finish with the healer before following the Princess back outside.

Once there, though, Marsin spoke to Kaulu, stopping when the Suli would have led the way back to her and Nik's room. "Kaulu, perhaps it would be better if Nik wasn't in the middle of the palace. If the next Element to lash out is Wind or the Earth, it might be better if the palace itself wasn't damaged." he pointed out softly, but logically.

Nik had set blankets on fire. There was no telling if the next time he'd shake everything from the walls or flood the room. "Perhaps until we know more about what is going on, he should stay in one of the outlying homes the servants stay in."

There werewolf looked down to Nik, but the halfbreed had already fallen into an uneasy doze.

(( Ah, no worries [: ))

Kaulu looked at the powder in the small jar and took it in her hands as she looked back up to Sefeyha. She nodded at the information, merely relieved that there was something that could possibly help Nik. When he accepted the treatment, it cued Kaulu that it was time to go and when he tried to stand up, she wished she had brought Jahidi or someone along the lines in order to help her with him. She was sure there weren't guards around.

And as if reading her thoughts, Marsin entered the room and picked the Sidhe up. After Kaulu thanked Sefeyha and finished with her, she left with the great werewolf following behind her. She paused, though, at his words, and after a moment, she smiled slightly.

"You're right... I'll take you to one." She was sure the werewolf already knew his way around, but the servants didn't take orders from him. Once they arrived at one of the homes, Kaulu gently ordered for the two servants living there to shack up with other servants until further notice. Then she let Marsin inside and let him lay Nik down on the single bed, the sheets having been changed beforehand.

Marsin laid the Sidhe down carefully, furred hand feeling his forehead with a growl that contained a deeper displeasure than even Nik's fever could cause. The werewolf soon spoke his mind, revealing to Kaulu what the werewolves had not yet spoken of and Nik had not mentioned, perhaps not wanting to alarm his wife or perhaps so tired and distracted that he'd not noticed. There was no telling unless Nik himself was asked and right now he wasn't in any state to question.

"Our connection to him is weak. It's still there, but we can't communicate with him, we can't see into his mind. There is...a storm there, the Elements are taking over too much of his mind for us to reach him anymore. We can feel when he's in distress, like now when I knew he couldn't walk, but do not know his state of consciousness anymore."

It was very distressing for the werewolves, but Marsin was telling the news calmly, as he always did. It was why he was a good leader. It was why Nik had placed him in charge of the arrangements as packs of wolves started to arrive. He trusted that Marsin would remain level-headed and smart in his decisions.

No matter how the werewolf male FELT.

That was exactly what Marsin was doing now, but he was truly scared for the Cub of his pack and it shown in his eyes as Nik shifted, moaning softly, perhaps because of the heat over his skin or maybe because he was having another nightmare. It was impossible for the werewolf to tell and hated it.

"You should give him that herb. Maybe it will help." Marsin's voice had gone softer, clearly scared though he tried to hide it as his eyes never left the white-haired male. Kaulu would soon find that all the wolves were gathered outside the building, unable to stay away and touche as could be, liable to snarl at anyone who came too close without being welcomed or requested by Kaulu.

At that growl, Kaulu looked at Marsin with a question held in her eyes, her hands clasped together in front of her. She didn't speak yet, though, because she felt that the werewolf had words to say himself. And when he did speak, Kaulu couldn't help the sigh that escaped her. It was quiet as she looked at her husband, at the Sidhe before her who could never get out of a fight. The sigh had almost sounded like a noise of defeat, but she had caught that pushed away with great force.

If Nik wasn't out of the fight, then neither was she.

After Marsin suggested for her to give Nik the herb, she took the small jar from the table she had set it on and opened it, looking inside. "Hold his mouth open for me, then?" she asked as she went to the Sidhe's side. Maybe she would have made him a drink to go with the powder if he was awake, but she felt that was unnecessary and once the werewolf had done as asked, Kaulu gave him two pinches of the powder. Once that was over with, she dusted off her hands before putting the powder away. She looked towards the door for a moment before back to Marsin.

"If they'd like, they can come inside," she said, referring to the other werewolves. "If you aren't close to him with the connection, the least you could be is close physically..."

Marsin smiled a bit and his large hand came to rest on Kaulu's head affectionately. "Thank you, Kaulu, but I think both myself and the others would feel better knowing we can see everything around us and any danger that might come to Nik that we can stop." They could not protect him from his mind, but they could protect him from any physical enemies and it was with a last glance at the white-haired male that the large werewolf left the servants' building and went to rejoin the others.

It wasn't long after that point that Kafta came to retrieve Kaulu. They had made plans to go for herbs and maternity essentials - something they'd been going to do last time, something that still made them both sad to think about despite the joy of this baby - and the female werewolf was not going to let the Princess get out of it just because Nik was as he was. In fact, Kafta would insist they spend some time with Japikoa and Chenoa before they went back. It would be good for Kaulu to see her family for a time and leave Nik's care to someone else for just a few hours.

As Kafta put it; the wolves would watch him and if anything happened, they'd come get Kaulu, just as they always had and always would.

--

Nik's fever had reduced somewhat under the ministration of the herbs, but he'd yet to wake as it grew darker outside. As true night rolled around, it was apparent he wouldn't be waking until the morning. His sleep was not peaceful, though, and it was not once or twice that the earth trembled beneath the feet of those near the building, but multiple times in the day. The wind outside was strong, picking up sand, whirling it about and the Chaktawe, protected as they were against the grains with their second-lids and long lashes, chose to stay indoors as evening set in and the sky seemed to rumble with uncharacteristic storm-clouds for this time in the season.

It made the werewolves edgy, fur bristling along their bodies as they could FEEL the power radiating from the building they guarded. A power that made the oasis build with waves that not even the wind could have made possible. A power that caused lightning to streak across the sky as true night and darkness came around.

It was a power that caused the first smell of smoke to invade the wolves' noses....and the orange flicker of flames eating away the walls of the building, sparking through the window, to become visible. By the time anyone knew anything was wrong, that fire was consuming the entire building and starting to leap to more, causing panic as people started to flee from their homes and the surrounding area, the wind whipping at them and the sky crashing with unfriendly lightning that had started to strike the desert around the city.

And in the midst of it, Nik refused to wake.

Reactions: catalyst
Kaulu smiled softly at Marsin's words, nodding as she did so and seeing him off before she went to her husband's bed. She didn't spend too much time with Nik after that, though, for Kafta had entered the home in order to fetch the pregnant woman. They had made plans a while ago to gather herbs and other maternity essentials but they hadn't had the time with everything that was going on. However, now was the perfect time to take advantage of and after the reassurance of the werewolfess, Kaulu also agreed to spend time with her family.

Even though there was always worry itching at the back of her mind, the Chaktawe princess was rather happy with the rest of the day. She didn't realize how much it would benefit her to spend time with Kafta and with her mother and sister until she was doing so, the air light and easy around her. She actually could feel a lot of the stress just flowing out of her as the day continued.

But as night rolled around, that almost stress-free environment dissipated into thin air.

Word about the panic and fire spread quickly and it wasn't very long at all before Kaulu was running out to the servant's house. There, she met the werewolves and a few other people, and her expression became stunned as she stared at the fire consuming the building.

"He... he's doing this... He's still in there??" she yelled across the wind, looking to Marsin with panic.

"I never saw him come out!" Jemna answered for the alpha wolf and she looked terrified, shrinking back from the fire with a whimper. Unene held the younger wolf tightly, knowing that Jemna's pack had been lost to a forest-fire and that was where the fear came in. And yet the young werewolf stayed out of her loyalty to Nik, out of worry for him and it was a true testament to her strength and commitment to the Sidhe she loved like a brother.

"He's doing all of this, Kaulu! We can't reach him!" Marsin added, watching the fire leaping to other buildings, starting to eat away at the roofs like a devouring beast of some kind. But none of the fires were quite raging like the one Nik was in, the building starting to creak and groan, threatening to crash inward as the supports were taken away.

Marsin instantly made to grab Kaulu, knowing what her instincts would tell her to do, but as soon as his fingers merely brushed against her skin, the wind picked up with the force like a hurricane and the werewolf was knocked back clean off his feet. The violent gale, however, did nothing more than toss Kaulu's hair just a bit and all the werewolves took note then that everywhere else, everything was being battered by the wind...but the Suli was hardly touched by it.

The Elements recognized her and despite their rampage...they would not harm her.

At Jemna's answer, Kaulu looked to back to the building with a horrified expression on her face. Millions of thoughts were running through her mind the by the second, and at Marsin's add of the talk, she instantly knew what she had to do. But even she was afraid. She had witnessed the Elements' power before, back at the city of the Sidhe, but this... this was fire. Angry, livid fire that she was not sure would harm her or not.

The Elements never had, but this was a rage that put doubts in her mind.

However, as the alpha moved to touch her, the wind picked up and knocked him to the ground and Kaulu looked to him stun. Yes, Kaulu was receiving the otherwise gentle side of the wind and she knew in that moment that even if there was the chance of the fire wanting to hurt her, of Vulcan not recognizing her, that Aurora would let no harm come to her.

The ravenesque female looked to the werewolves softly with that realization, meeting all their gazes for a moment before putting a hand on her stomach as if to reassure and protect the child growing within her... and herself. She knew what she had to do, and not a moment longer she was moving into the burning home, praying to the Elements and the spirits that this would work.

Reactions: Kaisaan
They wanted to stop her, but they knew they couldn't and so the wolves watched solemnly, with fear twisting within them, as Kaulu disappeared into the burning building, knowing that if the fire and smoke didn't kill her, the building itself might. And Nik with it.

Inside, the heat was intense, fire everywhere, leaving nothing untouched, nothing safe from its hungry touch. It ravaged its surroundings with a fury unmatched and in the center of it, on the bed that had not been touched - the only thing that hadn't - was the source of the heat, the fire and destruction. Nik lay thrashing, drenched in the sweat of the fever and the heat of the burning building, but he remained oblivious to it all.

The fire wasn't though, Vulcan wasn't, and as Kaulu entered, the fire roared at her in a billowing column of flames and heat, launching itself toward the Suli...and then stopping quite suddenly, pulled back as if by a vacuum. The wind blew through the door, Aura saying her peace and the flames leaped, perhaps with joy at their sister's presence, perhaps in anger at being denied. There was no knowing, but there was some relative safety for Kaulu as the flames stopped reaching for her, going back to consuming everything in sight. The danger was not gone, but it would not be fire that killed the Suli as the flames let her approach her husband.

And Nik's eyes came open, as if sensing her, perhaps hearing her, but his eyes were not his own.

They swirled with a never-ending myriad of colors; the pale blue of Poseidon, the dark green of Gaia, the scarlet of Vulcan and the snow-white of Aura. His hair reflected such colors, too and the Vessel stood slowly, paying no attention to the destruction around him, already knowing it. No, his multicolored eyes came to Kaulu and it was many tones, both male and female, that made up his voice.

"We are in pain! The Darkness comes and it consumes all and we are no more. There is no time! No time and our Vessel is not ready! Our Vessel fights us and we grow angry."

The flames billowed out again and beyond the building, thunder rumbled overhead, the sound of the wind increasing even as the earth rumbled.

Kaulu, as the flames leaped at her, jumped back but quickly found that there was no need. Aura, as guessed, was pushing her brother back in order to protect the Vessel's wife. Silently thanking the wind, Kaulu spotted Nik still lying on the bed. Well, not necessarily laying, but more of violent thrashing and as she quickly moved to approach him, he suddenly woke up.

But it wasn't him. It was the Elements, all of them possessing his body and Kaulu listened to the mixtures of voices, staring up at the man in front of her. It was evident in her features that she was lost, her mouth opening but not making any sounds. After a few attempts, she finally got something out.

"I-I..." and then she shook her head. How could she help this situation? After a moment, she looked back up to the Elements. "And what will happen to him when he does stop fighting you?" She took a step closer. "Nik fights because that is all he knows. He's afraid - we're all afraid of what will happen to him. And those... visions, memories, whatever - they're not helping the situation."

Maybe she was just rambling, but she didn't know what to say. She was desperate and she didn't know if she could get directly through to Nik, and she felt that maybe it was time to talk to the Elements. As they pointed out, fighting against them was only angering them and thus were the causes of this insane fire and winds that was putting everybody in danger.

The fire roared higher at her words, Vulcan obviously taking offense to them, feeling challenged, but the sky overhead started to smell different, like rain as Poseidon threatened to forcefully cool his brother's temper and Aura tampered down to the slightest of a breeze outside in an instant, no longer helping the spread of the fire. Gaia was eerily silent in both motion and in Nik's voice when the Elements spoke through him again.

"We do not know what shall happen to the Vessel. Gaia has said that some disappear entirely, die, and others are broken when they come back."

At their words, the house lit up from the outside at all the windows with lightning and the Elements flinched, taking a step back from the nearest window. It was apparent that for some reason, they feared the lightning. This time when they spoke, it was Gaia who was predominant in the voice of the four. "There has been one Vessel who worked with us, neither fighting nor submitting. We do not understand how she did it, only that the Vessel did."

"It was her love for her children, Gaia." Aura's voice was clearer now and the earth rumbled in response, perhaps in acceptance or maybe in disagreement or lack of understanding. Gaia was scientific in her nature, but Aura was far more emotional in hers. She understood what her sister did not and such was why the Chaktawe were her people and not Gaia's.

"No matter what will happen to the Vessel's mind, if he does not submit to us, there will be consequences." Poseidon's voice was firm, uncompromising even as it was not entirely 'mean', but even so, the lightning flashed again, closer than before and Aura spoke in her soft way, through Nik.

"Perhaps he did not understand what we desired. Now that the Vessel knows, another chance might be given?"

There was a long pause, the fire crackling around them, the building cracking, groaning, starting to fall in with showers of sparks and toxic smoke that curled around Kaulu but did not invade her air space as Aura kept it from her, clean air around the Suli. They debated silently, Nik's eyes swirling with their colors, before the pale blue abruptly departed and even as Poseidon did, it started to pour rain outside, putting out the flames as Vulcan seemed to retreat unwillingly, the scarlet disappearing from Nik's eyes and the flames starting to fizzle out. Gaia left then, took the green, leaving white eyes staring at Kaulu.

"I know your love for him, my Chaktawe, but you must think of his role as well. His importance. He is more than just your half. He is a Vessel and one we have waited many generations for. There will not be another for nearly as long and the Darkness is coming. We only do as we have done to teach him what he must do."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.