Stories of Runeterra: The Comet [LoL RP]

K

KthuluKhild

Original poster
Stories of Runeterra
The Comet
e8iqeyT.png

A man walks the streets of Piltover, the clean city of progress. As he enters a bar, he grabs the latest issue of the Journal of Justice and sits at a booth, alone.

"Hello citizens of Valoran, I am your famous journalist & summoner Bob Nashahago, here today with exciting and cryptic news! Firstly, we should all know that the annual Novice-League Match is beginning in a few days! A reminder to the citizens of Noxux and Demacia, this match is purely for entertainment and to show off the ability of new Champions for future matches.

Festivals are being held all over Bandle City, Demacia, and Noxus, depending on who wins that is. However, aside from that holiday, we have some breaking news! The astronomers of Zaun have reported sightings of a large, glowing, comet-like object hurdling toward Valoran! Piltover decided to dig deeper on the case by using a techmaturgic runic-telescope and saw myriad amounts of magical energy emitting from the comet, giving it a glowing appearance.

We've interviewed world-famous Champion; Soraka for details on this event, as she is a being of the stars and all.
"
48px-SorakaSquare.png
I saw visions of this event long ago, as this falling star shall bring ruin to all of Valoran if we cannot find a solution. My visions however were not clear and very vague. I must find more clues, I can only hope we will be saved from this catastrophe..."

Not the most settling interviews we've had, other than Ram Steed's interview with the crazed Champion Shaco, the poor guy nearly got killed. In other news, the Zaunite Zoo reports the birth of Jimmy, the first octo-panda born in captivit-"

The man had read enough, closing the news article. He then lowers the newspaper, revealing a familiar face.
"Comet landing on Valoran? Sounds like an adventure..." exclaims Ezreal.

• Twenty years ago, the continent of Valoran was split and being mutilated by a terrible Rune-War, in which all nations fighting for control and power over the other. The constant use of magic and political instability doomed Valoran to a future of destruction and death. With this vision seen, Valoran's summoners created a solution; the League of Legends. Large political conflicts were to take place through the League of Legends, in the form of Valoran's mightiest fighters to do battle within the Fields of Justice. The Champions would vary from warriors fighting to represent the glory of their nation, wandering beasts and beings looking for answers or prisoners of the League itself, forced to fight in the Fields of Justice as punishment.

Now, the annual Novice-League Match is starting in a few days, a specialized event held within the League of Legends. Though instead of being a solution to a political conflict, this event is held purely as entertainment between two nations over the feeling of beating the other. Other than entertainment, this holiday is also used to showcase newly applied Champions who wish to show their power for future matches. This year it is Noxus versus Demacia, but there are rumors of this event being more special than other years.

A large object in space, slightly larger than Blue Flame Island, is on a collision course with Valoran. The comet has been seen to hold large amounts of magical energy, making the other nations curious. The citizens however are frightened, as the planned collision date of this comet is not specified, and some theorize it will be years, weeks, or even days until it crashes into Valoran, destined to bring total destruction and disaster. A famous theory among the masses is that it will land on the Novice-League Match. Riots and protests are being held all over the continent, groups of scared and anxious citizens wanting an answer. In other news, the chosen Champions for the Novice-League Match are preparing for their very special moment in a very televised event.
  • • Firstly, my rules. no godmodding, meta-gaming, mary-sues, etc.

• Use your common sense and treat others in this RP with respect, both in character and out.

• Prepare for lots of advanced and large arcs for this roleplay, as it is more focused on the lore (or at least the unchanged and slightly edited lore I set up for the League, due to the lore-retcon Riot Games is going through) rather than the fighting within the Fields of Justice. Though trust me, we will be able to fight in the Fields of Justice, but it would be more of an event rather than a constant thing going on.

• Be creative! Both with the characters you make and the actions you. Heck, you may have a chance to be a major character in an arc!

• Death within the Fields of Justice is not permanent, and you will obviously respawn in a few moments or so. However, you are capable of dying outside of the Fields of Justice, causing in possible permanent death for your character. For now, since the RP has just begun, this may not happen, but if it does then the choices are to make a new character to play as or (if I have discussed it with you and it looks possible) you can be resurrected, possibly with conditions on your new undead life depending on how it goes.

• You don't have to be a Champion (being one however gets you the most action), and you can be a supporting character for either an already canon character or someone else's character (if you discuss it with them).

• You may only use original characters, no canon Champs. You may have some relationship with them though, or have a relationship with another original champion (if you discuss it with the creator).

• More rules will be added if needed

• Have fun!!!

If you read these rules, say "That's so Draven" somewhere in your characater sheet.
  • Name: (Include title as well. Ex: Blank, the Blankity Blank of Blank)

Appearance: (Can be described or replaced with a picture at the top. If you choose a picture, please use anything other than real-life photos.)

Gender: (Can be both/none/other, depending on what you are)

Age: (I do accept children on certain occasions, Annie for example. Other than that, no children)

Abilities: (Not in the QWER format, just in general. What can they do? What kind of weapon do they use?)

Personality: (How do they act? Social or psychological problems?)

Lore: (How did they join the League and why? What was their life before joining? Any relations with other characters we already know about? Where do they come from?)

You may add anything else you would like to tell us about your charcater through your character sheet.
    [tab=Characters]Yomiaka, the Night Terror

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I don't know the lore of LoL and I don't even know how to find it, so there's a high chance of something I put in my backstory being incompatible with the setting. Before I make an app, I could never work out if LoL was set in a modern day setting or a medieval setting, since there were champions with melee weapons but also ones with modern and even futuristic weapons.

Sorry, I don't know the lore of LoL and I don't even know how to find it, so there's a high chance of something I put in my backstory being incompatible with the setting. Before I make an app, I could never work out if LoL was set in a modern day setting or a medieval setting, since there were champions with melee weapons but also ones with modern and even futuristic weapons.
Here you go. This article should give you a good summary and have links to the locations where LoL takes place.

Also, it's a sort of mix between Fantasy and Futuristic setting. It's mostly Fantasy, as magic is a very big componment in this world. But at the same time the two cities (Zaun and Piltover) use something called 'techmaturgy,' where magic and magical elements are used to create very futuristic-looking technologies. I hope this helps!

Oh that makes sense and helps a lot. So that metal guy who upgrades his abilities by buying items is the product of techmaturgy then?

Alright I think I understand it. I'll start thinking up a character.

Oh that makes sense and helps a lot. So that metal guy who upgrades his abilities by buying items is the product of techmaturgy then?
Indeed. The lore of all the other Champions are also on that wiki (though some of them are technically 'not canon' in the game, but I'll allow them or slightly change them to fit what we have here).

Also, can you help spread the word of this RP?

Yeah I can try.

Like I said there's a high probability that my character won't fit into the universe, so i have some ideas in reserve just in case.

Name: Yomiaka - The Night Terror

Appearance:
maxresdefault.jpg

Abilities: Yomiaka's abilities are truly terrifying. They're not particularly outstanding - she doesn't have any remarkable traits. What makes her so chillingly frightening is that it is impossible to see her coming. The Night Terror has the ability to completely erase her existence. Not just hide from view like other stealth-types, but to hide from memory completely. She could spend 6 hours talking to someone and with just a second to activate her ability, those 6 hours are completely erased from that person's memory. If she chooses to re-exist, the memories will instantly reappear again. In addition, she can choose to de-materialise. This essentially removes her physical presence for a short time (however it is not the same as her first ability - if she only dematerialises she will still be remembered.) She uses this to deal heavy damage to targets in melee range by dematerialising and rematerialising while her arm is inside the target. Upon materialising, the matter that is already there is displaced to allow room for the arm. This can tear muscle and cause internal bleeding. She has the ability to transform into a black fox with crimson markings, as well as the ability to confuse, stun and disorient those in a close area by driving them insane with a ghostly, distorted sound of child's laughter.

Personality: Yomiaka is very childish. She is impulsive and has a short attention span, and loves to play practical jokes, which she is very talented at for obvious reasons. She has a highly sadistic side, and easily befriends those of a similarly dark nature. She harbours a hatred for the vast majority of adults.

Lore: Yomiaka is no mortal. She was born of human ignorance and the wishes of tormented children, and she designed her abilities to reflect her creation. Ever since her birth she has stalked the night, appearing out of nowhere to punish the most despicable humans. She is the manifestation of everything that is wrong with humanity and has existed since humans first evolved free thought. She lost count of how many she had killed long ago and doesn't care to keep track anymore. But she does not target those who carry out evil deeds. In fact, some of her greatest allies have been those who were regarded as monstrous. Her targets are those who are voluntarily ignorant of the suffering of others. Those who would pass a starving child on the street and avert their eyes. "It's not their problem. Why should they help?"
She acted as a silent ally to children. Appearing where needed to fight off the metaphorical monsters under the bed. All children know her name. No child truly believes in a god. Why should they need to believe in a god when a real life saviour acts on their behalf? Few people remember this from their childhood though. Adults always have problems remembering her presence, since she is the manifestation of their own ignorance. She joined the league since she decided a few months ago that it was time for everyone to know of her existence. That not everything could be settled officially. That all of those victims of the notorious "Crimson Cross Killer" had something in common - they were all adults. (The Crimson Cross Killer is an urban legend. Many freshly dead bodies have been found all throughout history with a deep cross shaped scar over the heart, the skin around it stained crimson by the blood, still being pumped, until the heart slowly and painfully fails.

DRAVEN.

Last edited:
S'up... maybe.

Coolio.

Time to make a champion.

noxus for lyfe

Like I said there's a high probability that my character won't fit into the universe, so i have some ideas in reserve just in case.

Name: Yomiaka - The Night Terror

Appearance:
maxresdefault.jpg

Abilities: Yomiaka's abilities are truly terrifying. They're not particularly outstanding - she doesn't have any remarkable traits. What makes her so chillingly frightening is that it is impossible to see her coming. The Night Terror has the ability to completely erase her existence. Not just hide from view like other stealth-types, but to hide from memory completely. She could spend 6 hours talking to someone and with just a second to activate her ability, those 6 hours are completely erased from that person's memory. If she chooses to re-exist, the memories will instantly reappear again. In addition, she can choose to de-materialise. This essentially removes her physical presence for a short time (however it is not the same as her first ability - if she only dematerialises she will still be remembered.) She uses this to deal heavy damage to targets in melee range by dematerialising and rematerialising while her arm is inside the target. Upon materialising, the matter that is already there is displaced to allow room for the arm. This can tear muscle and cause internal bleeding. She has the ability to transform into a black fox with crimson markings, as well as the ability to confuse, stun and disorient those in a close area by driving them insane with a ghostly, distorted sound of child's laughter.

Personality: Yomiaka is very childish. She is impulsive and has a short attention span, and loves to play practical jokes, which she is very talented at for obvious reasons. She has a highly sadistic side, and easily befriends those of a similarly dark nature. She harbours a hatred for the vast majority of adults.

Lore: Yomiaka is no mortal. She was born of human ignorance and the wishes of tormented children, and she designed her abilities to reflect her creation. Ever since her birth she has stalked the night, appearing out of nowhere to punish the most despicable humans. She is the manifestation of everything that is wrong with humanity and has existed since humans first evolved free thought. She lost count of how many she had killed long ago and doesn't care to keep track anymore. But she does not target those who carry out evil deeds. In fact, some of her greatest allies have been those who were regarded as monstrous. Her targets are those who are voluntarily ignorant of the suffering of others. Those who would pass a starving child on the street and avert their eyes. "It's not their problem. Why should they help?"
She acted as a silent ally to children. Appearing where needed to fight off the metaphorical monsters under the bed. All children know her name. No child truly believes in a god. Why should they need to believe in a god when a real life saviour acts on their behalf? Few people remember this from their childhood though. Adults always have problems remembering her presence, since she is the manifestation of their own ignorance. She joined the league since she decided a few months ago that it was time for everyone to know of her existence. That not everything could be settled officially. That all of those victims of the notorious "Crimson Cross Killer" had something in common - they were all adults. (The Crimson Cross Killer is an urban legend. Many freshly dead bodies have been found all throughout history with a deep cross shaped scar over the heart, the skin around it stained crimson by the blood, still being pumped, until the heart slowly and painfully fails.
I would accept it but your missing something, specifically something from the rules.

Yeah I wanted to sneak it in somewhere but I couldn't find one that would be amusing. And by the time I actually finished writing it I had completely forgotten about that :D

Alright I fixed it but I'm not as happy with the result I expected. Stupid anti-spam codes.

@Ruko Also, the abilties should be changed a bit. Their just a bit too confusing and don't seem helpful or useful in battle, and a bit too OP. Maybe tone it down a tad, for instance the one about memory is a bit much and not very helpful

Not very helpful you say? Someone walking around the battlefield that can't be seen or heard, and whom people have no ability to remember. She could literally walk right up to them and poke them in the face and they wouldn't know she was there.

Sorry, let me rephrase that. It just seems a bit OP. I mean, maybe invisibility could be good but the power to make it as if you don't even exist is a bit much.

Invisibility and this ability are basically the same when it comes to battle purpose. If any enemy goes invisible you ignore it anyway. Better to try and hit the things you can see than the things you can't. I'll tone it down though anyway, once I figure out by how much I'm going to do that.

Ebba, the Sky Darkener

world_of_warcraft_sylvanas_windrunner_desktop_850x659_hd-wallpaper-1088235.jpg

Female

Deceased; died during her physical prime

Ebba has minor control over the dead, willing them to rise from the ground to strike at her enemies. She also has the power to curse enemies with plagues and poisons, ranging from simple things such as causing them pain, to hindering their movement, or brief immobility. Though the most important part about her, is that her arrows grow empowered with every unit she slays; minions, champions, or otherwise, by sapping their power. And, yes, she uses a bow and arrow, along a pair of hooked sabers. The sabers will only be used as a sort of melee attack.

Ebba is a ruthless, cold-hearted soldier of Noxus' past. This shines through her attire, as she still adorns her armor with the skulls and bones of foes she has slain. Firmly holding the Noxian belief of power over everything, she's a steadfast patriot of her kingdom, willing to sacrifice her own life for it. Which...she did. Hence why she's dead. Her undead rebirth has left her further disconnected from the real of emotion, blindly following orders without question. She treats Demacians as any other Noxian would, with complete disrespect and hate. She treats fellow Noxians with kindness, and any others with respect. Save for Ionians, those peace-loving bumpkins...

Lore: Ebba is from a more animalistic time of war between the Noxians and Demacians, long before the League of Legends was introduced. They would battle endlessly; day and night, rain or shine. Ebba longed to be there on the front lines, always hearing of the great Sion's stories of glory in battle, and looking up to him as a role-model. So she begged and begged her mother and father to teach her how to battle at a young age. Her mother taught her the fine art of archery, while her father showed her the way of the sword. With her early education, she was ready to enlist at the age of sixteen, and so she did. Her skills with the bow only improved with each assignment she was sent out on, until she became an invaluable asset to the Noxian Military. A full-out assault on Demacia was on the rise at the time, and she bravely accepted the offer given to her to join in it. It was on such an assault, where she had the chance to finally stand with Sion in battle, but nothing could compare to his show of strength in the face of Demacia's king. Sadly, while she watched in awe, she was struck down, and perished.

After seeing what a resounding success Sion's resurrection was, Swain decided it was time to bring another Noxian legend back into the battlefield. He had convinced Vladimir to perform the ritual a second time, thus bringing Ebba back into the realm of the living. Unlike Sion who gained ungodly stamina and resilience after his rebirth, Ebba was instead gifted with magical power she never could have fathomed during her days as a wee recruit.

Though to this day, if you ask Ebba, she'll still say watching Jarvan I crumble beneath Sion's boot was worth dying for.

(That's soooooooo Draven.)

Additional Information

Ebba still looks up to Sion to this day, and has a close bond with him, being that they both come from Noxus' past.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Geh.

Just to make sure, is the picture loading for you guys? I dunno if it's a website thing or not.

Nope, doesn't load for me. You can just quote and copy this if you want though.

world_of_warcraft_sylvanas_windrunner_desktop_850x659_hd-wallpaper-1088235.jpg

Looks like Adurn isn't going to go through here. Will bring up another OC I guess.

• Thank You
Reactions: Archmage Jeremiah