St'Opossum and Raychel

Status
Not open for further replies.
In truth Owen was not prepared for Lily. He was expecting not to care in the slightest, but when she burst forth from behind the curtain, he couldn't deny that she looked good. He stumbled through words for a moment, before finally saying, "I-um... You look... You look really nice." It definitely wasn't easy for him to say, especially to Lily. So far he wanted to disprove just about anything she said. But this... Well he couldn't argue with. "S-So, uh... Are we done here?"

Lily beamed at the praise. It wasn't the poetry she wanted, but it was sufficient--and it was as much as the shy boy would give her. Yet her happiness was quickly tempered by such a ludicrous, Philistine suggestion. "You really don't want to look at anything else? Do all boys have so little imagination?" Lily gave an exaggerated sigh. "You could be saying, 'try this next, try that next!' and hand me whatever you'd like to see me in. Swimsuit season is here, or there's even an assortment of maid outfits over there." Lily pouted for a moment, protruding her bottom lip. It was gone in a flash, though; she hadn't been serious about it.

"Since that's what you want, we'll go somewhere else! First we have to change out of these clothes. Here, pull the zipper back down."
Lily spun her back to him again and pulled her pink curls forward to be sure they wouldn't interfere.

Seems he wasn't out of the woods quite yet. While they were done in clothes shopping, she wasn't ready to give up this "date" Of course she asked for help with her dress once more. Again Owen made sure to have his hand on the zipper again. He pulled it about halfway, before it got stuck. He tried to pull the zipper free, but with one hand he couldn't. At last he accepted the fact that he had to get a little more personal. "Um... S-Sorry... Hold on." He placed his other hand on her back so he could put more force into the pull. At last he finished. "It got stuck. Um... I'm going to change now."

Her shoulders rolled back reflexively when she felt a part of his hand touch her exposed skin. As soon as Owen gave her the go ahead, Lily jumped into the changing room and threw the curtain closed. She paused for a moment to compose herself, then quickly changed back into her light, summer dress. She stepped out of the changing room with the green garment draped over one arm and waited for Owen to emerge. She retrieved the shirts from him and said, "Go wait outside while I take care of these." Lily moved down the aisles slowly, keeping an eye on Owen to make sure he go out and wait.

Natalie was quick-stepping down the street. Her head was turning all about to scan everything, but her steps were confidently carrying her toward her destination. She approached the clothing store intending to look around inside, but paused when she found someone familiar waiting outside. Natalie's steps slowed and she approached cautiously.

"Owen," she greeted with a small wave (well, she raised her hand almost level with her shoulder) when she was still one shop away.

"Yes your Highness." He said under his breath. Despite the snarkiness, he was quite pleased to be outside. It was getting to be rather suffocating inside that changing room. At that moment, he heard his name called. Well he was sure it was called. The voice was so soft that it was hard to tell it was there. Owen spun around for a moment, before spotting the girl from the center.
"Oh, hey..." Wait! What was her name? Think think think! Oh right the Nurse! She called her Natalie didn't she? "Natalie." Nailed it.

Natalie's eyes scanned Owen top to bottom, then turned to the shop he'd come out of. Then she looked back at the trainer, double-checking that he was indeed not carrying any bags. That much didn't make sense, so Natalie pressed her face against the glass window and used her hands to block the sun's glare. When her eyes found Lily at the register, realization dawned. Even from the side, Natalie's epiphany was evident--it was like seeing a light bulb ignite over her head. She turned from the window and stepped to Owen, standing beside him silently and watching the empty street. She seemed to be waiting for something, but then again it wasn't such a different feeling than Natalie always carried about her.

After waving Natalie was just stand beside him. She hadn't said anything more after his name. He remembered what the nurse said. Natalie isn't trying to be rude, she just can't fit in with normal people. She won't say two words together. Well, that seemed true so far. He couldn't help but wonder what she was doing though. Curiosity eventually got the better of him. Did you, uh... Did you need anything? Perhaps I could help."

Natalie turned to look at Owen, blinking a few times as she considered his question. Finally her answer came. "Lily."

"What about me?" Lily had just pulled the door open, a large shopping bag hanging from her arm. "Natalie? What happened? You never come here by choice."

Natalie twisted her body further to examine Lily. "Store."

"What about it? Did too many customers come?"

"Sean."

The color drained from Lily's face. Then a bright red began to flush in angrily. "When?!"

Natalie paused to think back. "Two."

"That was almost an hour ago! Why didn't you call me sooner!?"

"Tried." She pulled out her Gear and presented it as evidence that she had indeed tried to use it. Lily checked her own; there was a missed call at two o'clock.

"Oops. An hour... What could have happened in an hour?" Lily asked weakly. She really didn't want to know the answer.

None of what happened made any sense. Lily seemed to know exactly what Natalie was talking about, despite how vaguely she answered. More importantly, who was Sean and what did he do? "I'm lost. Did something happen?"

"Oh! Uh, Owen, um..." Lily was torn. She wanted this date so bad, but there was no way she could leave Sean alone. "I know where we're going on the date next! Yeah!" Lily pumped both her fists into the air enthusiastically--she'd found the perfect solution. Kind of. Natalie gave her a questioning look, but Lily brushed it aside. "Come on, I'll show you the neatest little business in Rustboro." Once again, Lily took Owen by the arm and began leading him away, this time to the north edge of the city.

Natalie followed quietly behind, her scrutinizing gaze alternating between other pedestrians and the pair that was bulldozing through.

"Here we go again..." There was no need to hide it, she had business to attend to. To be perfectly honest, Owen was fine with this one. His curiosity often gets the better of him. "So... Am I not allowed to know whats happening?"

"It's complicated. Ummm, I suppose you could call it a territory war. See, we have this small house-slash-store, but some of the local Pokemon decided to start a game with us..."
The house was just outside Rustboro's city limits, Lily explained. It was only one building, with what looked like an antique shop on the main level and a large bedroom upstairs. In the back was a garden surrounded by a fence and filled with Berry trees.

Except that when they reached the house, a swarm of Pokemon filled the garden and the first floor. Weedle, Wurmple, and Caterpie were crawling around the yard; Zigzagoon and Rattata were munching on the Berries from the garden; and Shroomish, Teddiursa, and Poochyena were shuffling about inside the open door.

"And Sean, the Scyther that leads these raids, is probably waiting at the foot of the stairs. Shy, Sam and Clo are defending the bedroom?" Lily asked. Natalie nodded. Lily returned the nod with approval--there were certain articles that needed protecting more than the store. The one time a Poochyena had made it inside the room, he'd come out wearing blue and white stripes on his head with his ears sticking out the leg holes.

When they reached the front gate, the sounds of battle became audible from the second story. Natalie's body tensed and she looked up at the window with wide eyes. "Don't worry," Lily said. "We'll get there in no time. Especially since Owen here came to help, right? So here are the rules: no attacking when they're already down (including sleep and paralysis); no chasing a retreating enemy; don't break anything, especially inside; and if we can beat Sean then we win. Ready?" Lily drew out a single Pokeball and threw it. "Shana! Show them your flame!"

"While I am still not quite sure what is happening I am game for a battle." Owen pulled out his own ball. "Let's make some noise Pompa" ... That was lame... Very very lame... In any case the small beast touched the ground, and look at his surroundings. Pokemon everywhere, all making a ruckus. He wasn't too fond of that. "So, do you have a plan? Or are we just going to jump right in and fight?"

The Vulpix gracefully stretched her body, then raised her tails high and looked ahead at the bug Pokemon infesting her lawn. Owen had the distinct impression that she was smiling at them in smug superiority. Lily beamed with pride at Shana's elegant form. "We're just back from the groomer. Everyone else is inside, though--somewhere. Anyway, we can handle the lawn. Shana's fire is too risky inside, so I'll leave that to you and Natalie. Try to find Kurlo or Chi to help."

Lily turned ahead and grinned at the Pokemon on the front lawn. "You should have already started running! Shana, let's remind them why they shouldn't play tricks like this. Ember!"

The Vulpix opened her mouth and a ribbon of flame burst forth. The Weedle on the walk fell, soon followed by the one behind it. The path to the house was clear. Natalie tugged once on Owen's sleeve and pointed at the open door. She waited for him to go first--he was the one with a Pokemon, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.