Still have room for one more (LF F)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarinValore

129% of people exaggerate.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Before we dive in to what you have come to read, I thought a little about me was in order. I am a high school math teacher, I have two minions (the cute little yellow kind), and am in college to further my education even more. I am a busy guy. Having said that, I am usually free to reply Mon-Fri in the early mornings. My schedules allows me to reply at least once a day (depending on how many posts I have to reply to and no guarantees on the weekend) with a minimum of once a week. I'd like a partner who can do the same please.

Because writing and reading are a passion of mine, it is important to me that my posts, as well as those of my partners, are legible. I spell, and grammar check but don't always catch every error. I'd like a partner who will at least put in the same amount of effort. I'm not asking for perfection. I also tend to write no less than 4 paragraphs and would like a partner who can do the same. I consider myself somewhere between Intermediate and Adept. It'd be great to find a partner of equal skill or better so that I can continue to challenge myself to become a better writer and player.

Planning is a big thing to me and I'd like to plan a story with you not for you. I've come up with the basic idea for a couple of plots but not all the details have been ironed out. Please help me establish these details so that it is our story not just mine.

Let's chat. Just like any good relationship, whether it's between friends, family, or significant others, communication is key to ensure the success of our story. You don't have to divulge to me your life story, but let's get to know each other a little. This communication carries into the preservation of our story as well. If you will not be able to reply for an extended time, please let me know if possible. If you lose interest and would like to drop, let me know. I'm a big boy and can handle it.

Here's the plot:

I've been itching to do a modern, dark, slice of life story.

My character (MC) and your character (YC) were middle school sweethearts. Even through the turmoil of high school they stuck it out together and had even applied and been accepted at the same college. Everything was looking good for them except for one thing - her father didn't like him. He came from a family that fell more into the lower end of the middle class and her family was very much upper class.

So in love were they that they had planned to pack up his car the day of graduation, meet after the party and leave together on a road trip that would end at their shared college. Everything was going great because even knowing her father didn't like him didn't stop her from following her heart.

Afraid that MC was dragging his daughter down by convincing her to attend a less prestigious college and, quite frankly, settling for less in MC, he played his final card. The day of graduation, he met with YC and told her that if she left with MC, she'd be cut off from the family never allowed to darken a door that he lived under. Being very family minded, this broke her heart and her resolve and for the first time, her father won.

She did not meet MC after the graduation party nor did she return his calls.

Fast forward approximately 5 years.

YC is now married to a well connected and influential man within the city. He was everything her late-father would have approved of except for one thing: he's abusive in every way. Super controlling, he's ordered YC to quit her dream job to be a stay-at-home wife, mostly to protect his image. She must conceal, as best she can, the marks and bruises and cannot tell anyone because no one would believe her anyway. After all, her husband is the greatest thing since sliced bread in the eyes of everyone. Of course, she has divulged her abuse to her mother who wishes she could do something to help her daughter but realizes the position they are both in. When he found out that she had spoken to her mother, out came threats of harming her family. So she's become a broken form of who she once was in order to protect herself and her family.

MC, for the first time in approximately 5 years has returned home. His mother has fallen deathly ill otherwise he would have stayed away forever shunning this place as a reminder of love lost. Instead of going to college, he had joined the military and while he is not the same person he was before, there are some things that never change.

What happens when our two characters are finally reunited? What if the truth comes out?

This is a serious itch for me and I'm looking for a partner with vision and dedication. I expect this to be heavy in content and I don't think this particular story will be for the feint of heart. If you're interested, let's chat.

I am interested in this

I'd also be interested if you're still looking for someone. c:

Shoot me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.