Stargazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jealous.

Florida ain't got shit like that unless you drive down to the Everglades to sacrifice yourself to Mosquitos and no see ums.
Mosquitoes are a bane up here, too, but hey, that's what bug spray's for.

Also, fuck horseflies and blackflies with a giant mechanical steam powered dildo.

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
Some folks don't get why I get that insignificant feeling when I look at the stars? Huh, I thought I explained it pretty well. Hrmm, well thinking about it this way may help. It's not about being small in the workings of something larger, it's about the impression left behind and for how long it lingers. Many of the stars that we can see from our position in the solar system and the larger galaxy are long dead, but even though they are, we can still see them and it will probably be many generations before that light energy completely dissipates and the impression of existence fades completely. So when considering how long that light has lasted and just how many people have looked at the stars and thought whatever they've thought or felt however they've felt and you compare that to the various incidents within your day or experiences you've had, how much of an impression has that left on you personally or on those around you. Of course this all depends on what you've done, but the point is, within a short life time, it will be forgotten which is a stark contrast to the memory of stars. Thus, even if you're feeling bad about something or depressed or what have you, just think about how truly fleeting the impression of that trouble or trauma is in comparison to the light of a dead star. And at least when I think about that, it can make things easier to deal with because I realize that it's not worth dwelling on, the memory only lasts as long as I want it to (this of course, doesn't apply to all situations).

And that's what I mean and get out of the experience.

What can I say man? You're missing out ;)
If not feeling like a pointless fleeting life form on this vast universe every time I look at the pretty sparkling lights in the sky is missing out, then I'm happy to say I'm missing out hella badly. :p

I live too deeply in the urban sprawl to make much out aside from the brightest stars in the sky. It makes me a little sad; I feel a connection to nature. I enjoy the comforts and the ease of living in the city, but seeing the stars in all their glory, and feeling the cool night breeze, and hearing the night critters skittering about...

... Yeah, I need a log cabin with Wi-Fi and Amazon Prime. That's the only way this is going to work.

If not feeling like a pointless fleeting life form on this vast universe every time I look at the pretty sparkling lights in the sky is missing out, then I'm happy to say I'm missing out hella badly. :p
You didn't actually read my other post, so yeah, from what I was actually talking about, you might be missing out.

Heck, even in my first post I made a point to say that the sensation of insignificance is not that of diminishing oneself. So yeah...bout that.

You didn't actually read my other post, so yeah, from what I was actually talking about, you might be missing out.

Heck, even in my first post I made a point to say that the sensation of insignificance is not that of diminishing oneself. So yeah...bout that.
I read that other post of yours and I understand what you meant. I just wanted to post that stupid comment nevertheless because I'm a moron. I apologize if I caused you annoyance or anything of the sorts.

I read that other post of yours and I understand what you meant. I just wanted to post that stupid comment nevertheless because I'm a moron. I apologize if I caused you annoyance or anything of the sorts.
Not a worry, it's hard to tell when someone is just trying to be playful or having fun when I'm still getting to know them or in this case, you. <3s all around.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Finhawk
Status
Not open for further replies.