Star Wars: Shadows of The Empire

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Interested?

• Yes. (pick this for free cookies from Uncle Legens Legentis!)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No. (pick this to see what the Rancor Pit looks like at the bottom!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ehh, maybe. (do, or do not; there is no try.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested.

I have previous experience in Star Wars Roleplaying from a site I used to Admin.
It was set up like Universe RP's are on Iwaku, and it was an alternate universe taking place in the Galactic Civil War Era.
So if you need any help organizing, setting stuff up, figuring out lore etc I'd be more than happy to assist.

I'm interested.

I have previous experience in Star Wars Roleplaying from a site I used to Admin.
It was set up like Universe RP's are on Iwaku, and it was an alternate universe taking place in the Galactic Civil War Era.
So if you need any help organizing, setting stuff up, figuring out lore etc I'd be more than happy to assist.
Thanks! Currently we're trying to figure out a way to make an alternate timeline. When the actual RP is made, the story is going to involve Luke dying as a child, and Leia being chosen to restore balance to the Force. At the moment I'm not sure what the major repercussions would be.

Thanks! Currently we're trying to figure out a way to make an alternate timeline. When the actual RP is made, the story is going to involve Luke dying as a child, and Leia being chosen to restore balance to the Force. At the moment I'm not sure what the major repercussions would be.
Well, unless you're working on plotting the whole rp right now, if we're working 2 BBY the only major question you gotta ask yourself is: "If Luke died, would Obi-Wan stay on Tatoonine or go to Alderaan to talk to Bail and decide to stay/train Leia?"

That would be your first branch in how the world worked. If he stayed on Tatoonine, Leia would probably still get captured like we see in the beginning of Episode 4, send her message to Obi-Wan, and you'd start the diverging timeline from there. Otherwise, you have to think through what Obi-Wan would do on Alderaan, what kind of training would be like, stuff like that.

From there, it depends on how closely you want to follow how the rebellion became a thing in canon for your game. We know that the rebellion is just starting to ramp up about 4 years BBY because that's when Star Wars Rebels is set and Star Wars Rebels is about how the rebellion became a real military threat. Characters like Bail Organa and Ahsoka Tano are key to bringing the rebellion into being, so Leia would certainly be mixed up in there if she were the chosen one, especially because we know a few weeks/months before Yavin, Leia is spying for the Rebellion. That's why Vader Captures her to begin with in episode 4.

Well, unless you're working on plotting the whole rp right now, if we're working 2 BBY the only major question you gotta ask yourself is: "If Luke died, would Obi-Wan stay on Tatoonine or go to Alderaan to talk to Bail and decide to stay/train Leia?"

That would be your first branch in how the world worked. If he stayed on Tatoonine, Leia would probably still get captured like we see in the beginning of Episode 4, send her message to Obi-Wan, and you'd start the diverging timeline from there. Otherwise, you have to think through what Obi-Wan would do on Alderaan, what kind of training would be like, stuff like that.

From there, it depends on how closely you want to follow how the rebellion became a thing in canon for your game. We know that the rebellion is just starting to ramp up about 4 years BBY because that's when Star Wars Rebels is set and Star Wars Rebels is about how the rebellion became a real military threat. Characters like Bail Organa and Ahsoka Tano are key to bringing the rebellion into being, so Leia would certainly be mixed up in there if she were the chosen one, especially because we know a few weeks/months before Yavin, Leia is spying for the Rebellion. That's why Vader Captures her to begin with in episode 4.

I like this.

How much of a focus would this RP have on Leia though opposed to say what most of the Rebels have to go through?

Because the RP could be very fantasy and mystical based if we constantly follow the 'Chosen One', or it could be very dark and deadly if we follow a bunch of everyday soldiers.

Reactions: Zabby
How much of a focus would this RP have on Leia though opposed to say what most of the Rebels have to go through?

Because the RP could be very fantasy and mystical based if we constantly follow the 'Chosen One', or it could be very dark and deadly if we follow a bunch of everyday soldiers.
That's a great point. We could easily go X-wing series on this rp. I'd be fine with that because I always feel weird when I play cannon characters in rps. I just don't like doing it. It's why I don't write fan fiction xD

Personally in my Site I used to Admin that I mentioned above we simply didn`t have the canon characters exist in the first place.
The Universe was mostly a blank slate in regards to story line, which gave players the freedom to go where they wanted.

It worked really well for about 2 years. But eventually the Ice Cream melted when due to said Gap of hero`s are own characters eventually went force-sensitive crazy.
Regardless of which method we use though, I suggest we take some method or precaution to prevent force craziness from happening.

@Gen. Gwazi Magnum PI What do you mean force sensitive crazy? Do you mean everyone was a force sensitive character or do you mean your Jedi or other people were able to do things that made it unfun/not interesting/broken for other characters?

A mix of both.

Only one of your players wasn't force sensitive by the end of it.
And those who were had overtime become more and more generous with the powers they used.

Very little focus will be on Leia directly. She's the one of the leaders of the Rebellion, yes. However, she would likely be an inexperienced Jedi at the timing of this story. That isn't to say that she will have no appearance whatsoever.

EDIT: Also, I will begin working on the official thread. It will look very different from the OP I hastily wrote in this thread.

Cool! I'm excited!

I also take it we're playing non-force sensitive people running around in the Star Wars Universe?

Cool! I'm excited!

I also take it we're playing non-force sensitive people running around in the Star Wars Universe?
If you want to, yes. It would be unfair of me to deny force-users altogether, but I will make sure that they aren't overpowered. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.