Star Wars: Shadow of the Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all in for this. I have been secretly creating Jedi characters in tons of non Star Wars RP's all year.

Ah just saw this update... I've been a little slow with getting around to things... been a busy weekend.

Anyway, that sounds good. I'll be interested in putting a character together. Considering which side to join. I'm sure I'll have more of a concrete idea when everything comes up.

Just some musings. I'm not settled on anything, really. Just super interested in playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really sure what you wrote Calamity, but I think the different classes need to be balanced better.

Not really sure what you wrote Calamity, but I think the different classes need to be balanced better.
I'm not sure I understand; Both Jedi and Sith have three distinctive classes. One more light saber oriented, one more Force based and one in the middle-- a jack of trades but master of none. Force powers differ to the side you are on. You wouldn't exactly see a Jedi force choking someone. lol

I'll put out a list of powers to choose from and rather than XP--it'll be how well you play that can deterimine if you get extra points towards Force powers. We don't want anyone too strong at the get go but if you instill all your points at the beginning towards a certain power you'll soon find your self quickly overwhelmed.

Been a little busy so no further updates yet.

I wanna join in the fun games! Finally found a Star Wars rp that hasn't already started and looks fun.

This is straight from my Skype chat with Akashi who has no bearing on my final decision. I just look to him because I haven't gotten your Skype (if you have one). But here we go!

-Well, I want to make it during the times of K.O.T.R I and K.O.T.R II without the games characters within it. So there's in meeting Reva, Bastila or Treya--etc.

-It would simply be a fledgling republic but wold give us our own story to tell.

-A semi-kind of AU (Alternate Universe)

-I think the Sith Lord should start out as a Jedi Master who protects the weak but he feels old age coming upon him soon so sets out once again. Keep in mind there has be been several wars between the Sith and Jedi; Revan only turned truly sith and conquered planets of vital importance to bolstering their defense.

- A Dark Waltz: It wasn't unti the true mastermind Revan and Malak's Sith Lords appearance it began o make sense--they were still protecting the Republic but they knew the Republice would,'t simple say "Here you go do what you want."

- THIS Jedi Master (Not Reven or anymone else that may come to mind) Has had a premonition: He will destroy everything he's tried so hard to protect.

- Now this JM/SL is as strong as a Palpatine/Yoda Frankenstein monster and just as wise.

-I'm also thinking about implementing a system for strict Jed/Sith like the sword forms. Maybe make some of them unlockable thtough Npcs teaching you

- Well, you don't JUST learn Vaapad/Juyo/Form VII. I was used by man sith, but one distinguishable Jedi Master by the name of Mace Windu. Though it had been around far longer than he. It was considered the most aggressive and unpredictable form, earning the nickname 'the Ferocity Form'. Due to its nature it can drive lesser Jedi to the dark side.

- But that is what I am thinking. I don't want the RP to be TOO complex. Tends to make some timid But I also at least want to do the best I can to make it seem interesting.

It's mostly the Skype conversation that I'm having difficulty following. The underlined segment is especially confusing.

I'd say Assassin and Sentinel "proficient" in lightsabers and first to second tier force powers but their powers are weaker than Acolytes and Consular. Their Sword skills are as great as Guardians aor brutes. They are the "jack".

Brutes vs Guardians/Brutes being more the duelist type. These are the one's that can learn a plethora of sword techniques and basic level force abilities like push, pull but not much else. (Think Darth Maul and how he fought two Jedi using only basic level force abilities)

Consulars and Acolytes are well known for their force abilities, however all that time meditating and studying arcane arts has left weaker than even Sentinels. Not only that, even a Guardian (If wise enough) can stave off or even deflect the damaging effects of of force lightening.

Reading the above, things seem especially stacked in favor of the Guardian/Brute, and the underlined portion makes it seem like the Consular/Acolyte is the weakest possible class.

I know that the game simplified things, but there are a number of "Consulars" who mastered a few forms. Yoda, for one, but you also have Luke, Qui-gon, and Kit Fisto who all wielded green sabers. After all, it makes absolutely no sense to neglect lightsaber training when everyone in the galaxy has a blaster or vibrosword and a single Jedi can only Force Whirlwind/Stasis so many people at once.

It's mostly the Skype conversation that I'm having difficulty following. The underlined segment is especially confusing.

Reading the above, things seem especially stacked in favor of the Guardian/Brute, and the underlined portion makes it seem like the Consular/Acolyte is the weakest possible class.

I know that the game simplified things, but there are a number of "Consulars" who mastered a few forms. Yoda, for one, but you also have Luke, Qui-gon, and Kit Fisto who all wielded green sabers. After all, it makes absolutely no sense to neglect lightsaber training when everyone in the galaxy has a blaster or vibrosword and a single Jedi can only Force Whirlwind/Stasis so many people at once.

While I appreciate your input, I know who has done what and what makes sense where. I never once said Guardians have no force training or Consulars have no saber training. I simply said they "favored" those ways. Yoda was not quick to fight, he contemplated, deliberated and sought answers through the Force. Then you have Mace Windu who was arguably the greatest saber duelist, who while seeking guidance from the force deferred to fighting.

You don't like the way I set this up-- that's fine. You don't have to. But I'm not going to change anything I don't see an issue with. Yes the game simplified things and that is the system I will use--given that none of the events in KOTR actually happened in this offshoot.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to be mean or anything. I'd rather like to see you play when it eventually starts up. But I think you're being way too technical.

Jedi's and Sith aren't powerful because of a lightsaber or even the Force. They are powerful because of their conviction to a cause. If I see a player who's putting a lot of effort into their posts and making it damn good--I am going to award them. No matter what class or faction they are a part of. But someone who writes two sentences or two paragraphs with horrendous ability won't get anything. And I do encourage my players to help each other out if that is the case.

Ultimately, its up to the writer.

*Sigh* You'd think I'd given everything to the Guardians. *Shakes head* But I guess some people are that way. :/

Reactions: Cush Almighty
I'm out too, The GM didn't even welcome me nor send me any link or information so i can join in with the others in the rp.

I'm out too, The GM didn't even welcome me nor send me any link or information so i can join in with the others in the rp.
Wait what?......................

What others?

What link?

What information? All information you need is in this OOC.

Wait what?......................

What others?

What link?

What information? All information you need is in this OOC.

I second this. This is an interest check discussing final details before posting sign-ups/official OOC. And not all GMs welcome everyone individually. I'm still very interested in this.

• Thank You
Reactions: Akashi
Third. We're still hammering out the rough ideas for this RP. Though I think it would be helpful to cut all of us in on a Skype group for communication purposes.

Still interested, still working on my Mandalorian.

I'm a fourth in this matter. There's no link or anything to a signups thread or ic thread that I could find, so not sure what was to be sent to people.

As the others have said; this is an interest check thread not an OOC that would link to the IC. Also, as others have noted, the information you need is right there. All you have to do is read it. So there is no "link" because the IC hasn't even been created.

@ShatteredSkies
@Ichigo
@kimsim12
@IamtheecchiKing
@Tyrannosaurus Rekt
@Deathwatch101
@Shayla

If you would all please PM me your Skype names, I'll be happy to add you to a created group.

If Akashi is apart of this. He has my skype name, but I can PM you as well. Just on my phone.

Good with it.

I also updated everything on the first page--Everyone still in this needs to look things over. Anyone can be a Jedi or Sith, trooper, commando smuggler or bounty hunter. I only described the Sith/ Jedi because they'll be influencing things on a larger scale than anything else. That said, that doesn't mean that the actions of anything else won't have ripples of their own to be felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.