Star Wars: Shadow of the Eclipse

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be interested.. In the Sith Lord position and probably one as a Jedi..

Honestly, I've been jonesing for anything Star Wars related. Like you, I've found the SWTOR stuff to be a bit of a disappointment.

I like playing in group games because I love to see what other people make and create, I love interacting with them, both IC and OOC, and I like working in a group to make a story that we all can call our own. With that in mind, I'd rather see us work as a group toward the same goal, and play against protagonists the GM puts in front of us. However, I have found games, in the past, that I've enjoyed where there are two teams/groups with opposing goals - those, in my experience, just really depend on all the players working together to really work well.

@Seeking Calliope

Yeah, the online KOTR just--I dunno, it like they tried to cram too much into it and make it a WoW knock off. Guess they weren't happy with the popularity the games brought.

On another note. If I am understanding you right, you'd like to see the game from the antagonist view?

@Akashi

Hey Akashi. Lol. I knew you'd appear eventually. We're in too many of the same RP's for NOT to have guessed you'd place your bid at some point.

Reactions: Akashi
Nope, would rather play as a protagonist and against antagonists. Though if we were all Sith that could be fun too. Sorry, I mixed those two.

@Seeking Calliope

Oh, no problem. It was just the whole " play against protagonists the GM puts in front of us." threw me off so I wanted to make sure that was what you meant.

Okay, so that's one.

Here and Interested!

Oh. A Star Wars RP.

I would be interested in filling in the gaps of whatever hasn't been dibbed on. I'm pretty open. It's been forever since I've played KOTOR. I'll need to refresh myself on the history surrounding the end of it. Hooray Wikipedia, feeding my laziness. Though I'll probably slide into actually playing the game.

I've also been hankering to play a jedi-killer character, but if that doesn't jive with the storyline of the RP... I won't be heart broken. I've just been hankering for Star Wars... like there's a movie coming out soon or... something.

@Deathwatch101

@
Shayla

@Seeking Calliope

@Akashi

@Tyrannosaurus Rekt

@IamtheecchiKing

==============
I apologize for the delay, Had to have a surgery as to why my brain spontaneously started to bleed back in October. But anyways, I will be staying up tonight, listing items and can not be used-- and if they can,used how much they can be . Obviously there will be chars that will be all "These aren't the droids you are looking for." Well guess what, I see through your Jedi persuasion!

This is straight from my Skype chat with Akashi who has no bearing on my final decision. I just look to him because I haven't gotten your Skype (if you have one). But here we go!

-Well, I want to make it during the times of K.O.T.R I and K.O.T.R II without the games characters within it. So there's in meeting Reva, Bastila or Treya--etc.

-It would simply be a fledgling republic but wold give us our own story to tell.

-A semi-kind of AU (Alternate Universe)

-I think the Sith Lord should start out as a Jedi Master who protects the weak but he feels old age coming upon him soon so sets out once again. Keep in mind there has be been several wars between the Sith and Jedi; Revan only turned truly sith and conquered planets of vital importance to bolstering their defense.

- A Dark Waltz: It wasn't unti the true mastermind Revan and Malak's Sith Lords appearance it began o make sense--they were still protecting the Republic but they knew the Republice would,'t simple say "Here you go do what you want."

- THIS Jedi Master (Not Reven or anymone else that may come to mind) Has had a premonition: He will destroy everything he's tried so hard to protect.

- Now this JM/SL is as strong as a Palpatine/Yoda Frankenstein monster and just as wise.

-I'm also thinking about implementing a system for strict Jed/Sith like the sword forms. Maybe make some of them unlockable thtough Npcs teaching you

- Well, you don't JUST learn Vaapad/Juyo/Form VII. I was used by man sith, but one distinguishable Jedi Master by the name of Mace Windu. Though it had been around far longer than he. It was considered the most aggressive and unpredictable form, earning the nickname 'the Ferocity Form'. Due to its nature it can drive lesser Jedi to the dark side.

- But that is what I am thinking. I don't want the RP to be TOO complex. Tends to make some timid But I also at least want to do the best I can to make it seem interesting.

Jedi Classes

Guardian
Consular
Sentinel

Sith Classes
Brute
Acolyte
Assassin
I'd say Assassin and Sentinel "proficient" in lightsabers and first to second tier force powers but their powers are weaker than Acolytes and Consular. Their Sword skills are as great as Guardians aor brutes. They are the "jack".

Brutes vs Guardians/Brutes being more the duelist type. These are the one's that can learn a plethora of sword techniques and basic level force abilities like push, pull but not much else. (Think Darth Maul and how he fought two Jedi using only basic level force abilities)

Consulars and Acolytes are well known for their force abilities, however all that time meditating and studying arcane arts has left weaker than even Sentinels. Not only that, even a Guardian (If wise enough) can stave off or even deflect the damaging effects of of force lightening.

I will also be posting a Characteer sheet soon and the light saber colors I deem appropriate. Also. once done with your CS You will PM with what your char covets most (Be honest not everyone is as nice as they say). If we do start this, we will be a group at first--but I will have each member PM about their past, what they desire most-etc. And make it into an even they can fight against--or be lure to.

Last edited:
lucky i spotted this you didn't ping me ;P

am i still allowed my cannon fodder soldier ?

Of course; bounty hunters, troopers and the like are welcome as well. But this is mostly dealing with J/S.

Would you accept a Mandalorian mercenary, to float between the factions?

@ShatteredSkies

Mandalorian's are excellent warriors. Remind me of Klingons where both their cultures are derived of combat. However, "floating" between alligences will just end up being to confusing. The race I have no issue with, the idea behind his purpose I do.

@Calamity

I love the Mandalorians, it's a shame they got wiped out, and got no screen time in the newest movie. Can't wait for the Boba Fett origins movie though. I'm... a pretty big Fett fanboy, not gonna lie.

I see a way it could work, but I'll respect your wishes. I think I'll just hole up on a neutral planet until someone comes and recruits me.

Hmmm...A Star Wars roleplay. Tickle me interested, if this is still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.