Star Wars: Rogue One

• Thread starter MurderDeathKill
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't even been able to get into Force Awakens. I watched 20 minutes of it and got bored. My husband's been trying to get me to finish it, but I told him to watch it by himself. =/

I feel bad about not having seen anything Thrawn related.

Ah, well. I'll just have to settle for Sass Master Tarkin and his brutal and uncompromising tactics.

I don't fuck around when it come to my favorite Star Wars character.

And you'll be fine against Thrawn in space-chess.

Just for the love of god don't let him look at your paintings.

You know who does fuck around with him?

Noghris

Everybody's talking about the apparent "Grand Admiral" here, but my big question is...

Who's the guy in the black hood? I mean, last I checked, Vader's never worn any hoods (he's actually in this movie, for those who don't know) and the Emperor doesn't seem like the type to kneel in spite of his Royal Guard being present where the mysterious character is shown to be in front of that also-mysterious "bacta tank". I'm really curious to know who it is...

I feel bad about not having seen anything Thrawn related.

Ah, well. I'll just have to settle for Sass Master Tarkin and his brutal and uncompromising tactics.
I could send you a copy of Heir to the Empire audiobook if you want. It still holds up as a good read, and I prefer Zahn's vision of the Clone Wars over what we got in the movies.

Reactions: Dervish
I WANT TO SEE THIS FUCKING MOVIE

I could send you a copy of Heir to the Empire audiobook if you want. It still holds up as a good read, and I prefer Zahn's vision of the Clone Wars over what we got in the movies.

I would greatly appreciate that!

D4owD0p.jpg

Reactions: Razilin
Everybody's talking about the apparent "Grand Admiral" here, but my big question is...

Who's the guy in the black hood? I mean, last I checked, Vader's never worn any hoods (he's actually in this movie, for those who don't know) and the Emperor doesn't seem like the type to kneel in spite of his Royal Guard being present where the mysterious character is shown to be in front of that also-mysterious "bacta tank". I'm really curious to know who it is...

Personally I'm hoping that scene will explain something about Snoke's origins. Not that I necessarily believe he's the person kneeling in the robe, but the fact that it shows a frozen tank makes me think it's some kind of weird Imperial experiment that could have to do with Snoke.

Reactions: grey987
I personally liked the leaked trailer a while back way better.

This one has me worried. :/
With two main things in particular.

1. The Main Character they got for this (from what they've shown) just rubs off as a "I'm my own person Rebel!" and not you know, an actual Rebel who fights governments. Hopefully I'm either wrong here, or they work it in as some sort of character development.

2. The voice over starting around 1:08, it's giving me the same impression as the shitty "Light Side or Dark Side" voice guy from the first Episode 7 trailer. Trying too hard to be cryptic, which only then comes across as trivializing the movie.

Now, with those concerns being noted the trailer does still seem to give a much darker outlook on the Universe. Which is something I REALLY want to see happen, so I'm really hoping they don't mess this up... But, I did end up not liking Episode FourSeven so I'm almost forced to remain sceptical until the movie is actually out.

I'm really excited to see Vader in this movie. I can retrieve the source later, but he's apparently going to be in this sequence where he's out on the front lines at some point and being a brutal badass as part of his generally speculated major role. I'd love to actually see him in action on the big screen and truly be the intimidating Sith Lord that most of us all know and love.

I'm really excited to see Vader in this movie. I can retrieve the source later, but he's apparently going to be in this sequence where he's out on the front lines at some point and being a brutal badass as part of his generally speculated major role. I'd love to actually see him in action on the big screen and truly be the intimidating Sith Lord that most of us all know and love.

Already been done.

Anyone remember in the original trilogy when Darth Vader solo'd an entire enemy fighter squadron? No? Star Wars: Rebels did:

Always remember ,kids!

Poe Dameron needed his wingmates before he shot down 9 TIEs on Kanata's planet!

Vader didn't.

Already been done.

Anyone remember in the original trilogy when Darth Vader solo'd an entire enemy fighter squadron? No? Star Wars: Rebels did:

Always remember ,kids!

Poe Dameron needed his wingmates before he shot down 9 TIEs on Kanata's planet!

Vader didn't.
Yes, but I mean in live-action. Word is that we'll be seeing him do things like behead Rebels and use their bodies as shields against blaster fire in a scene reminiscent of a one-man-made bloodbath.

Status
Not open for further replies.