Star Wars Despecialized edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's coming out THAT soon???? And here I thought it would come out in the middle of next year for some reason.

"Hello all,
Former affiliates of ours have taken down our network, and in result we were not able to release the game at it's full and complete state on scheduled release. We are still having complications with the network. At this time, we will be releasing the single player version Christmas Eve. There is no set release of the online version at the moment. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience.
Regards,

-The Team"

And then when the best the trailer had was stolen footage elsewhere, poor editing and windows movie maker text?
I'm not impressed... :/

I'm not the only one o.o Sounds like I need to play KOTOR to truly understand. Every person I know who's played KOTOR are/become MASSIVE star wars fans.
Oh you need to! To this day it's the game that holds the most memories for me.

Heads up though it uses D&D 3.5 mechanics (well 3rd, but you hardly see the difference).
Now that just makes me wanna play it more. I'll start them after the HD version is released, see if the HD version is worth anything over the original which I have on steam now. Kinda hope it's released as an update like KOTOR 2 rather than it's own game, it sounds like it's not too impressive of an HD remake for now.
Eh, this stuff looks less prepared than Team Gizka's Kotor 2 expansion.
And that thing started back in 2006.

Team Ultimately fell apart, but the expansion is so big it still doubles the game content.
Basically, I expected such an HD version to take years to create. You're not going to see such a project come close soon.
And in all likelihood it won't finish, just like Team Gizka, just like Skyrim Co-Op mods etc.

I highly suggest you just play the current version and then wait for the expansion to do a replay.
The mechanics + Bioware's story telling gives it a lot of replayibility too.
Fairly recently I bought the star wars games on steam. I watched my friend play through force unleashed 1, and I played through 2. Pretty fun. Then I played battlefront 2 story, and then republic commando. I really feel bad for the clones now. Watching the clone wars from the animated series/movies it was... Well star wars. But from a clones perspective? Damn...
I still need to watch the Clone Wars show.
I keep hearing good things about it. XD
I was gonna start dark forces a while ago, but I wanna wait for this HD mod to finish before I go into that one. Allot of the star wars games I have was in a small aspect ratio where there was a black box around it instead of full screen. I was able to fix a few of the games though a few I gotta wait a bit longer... Yeah, I'm spoiled DX
Nah you're not spoiled. You just have standards and want to improve something when you can.

Did someone tell you that you shouldn't complain about 'rich' problems or something?
Ignore them, seriously. I mean it's all well and good to be aware that you have the luxury to be annoyed by it, but it's just as if not more arrogant for those other people to run about going "You shouldn't complain because I have less money than you!".

And this is starting to border the line of the whole "Check your privilege" controversy so I'm dropping it here. XD
Just figured I should tell you not to beat yourself up over that.
I gotcha now. I'll probably be more pissed/annoyed/disappointed once I play KOTOR. Then again, I don't really take their word on it too much. They SAY it's not canon anymore... But come on XP Kinda like page 2 of that link, the people also decide what is, and is not canon in a way.
If the Movie fails to live up and Disney refuses to acknowledge Kotor fans will revolt eventually. Just watch. :P

It's not even like we run the risk of fans just being blind/bias because the movie is Star Wars because, well... *Points at the Prequels*.

Last edited:
Reactions: Windsong
han-solo-damn-right-i-shot-first.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Shadon Xarian
And then when the best the trailer had was stolen footage elsewhere, poor editing and windows movie maker text?
I'm not impressed... :/
That HAS to be fanmade. No place as big as Disney would put out something that looks like a FAN rushed it. In fact, I'm 80% sure that even I put out something of better quality at one point for a project I took down and put on hold for quality purposes.
Heads up though it uses D&D 3.5 mechanics (well 3rd, but you hardly see the difference).
Not exactly sure what that means XP I've seen gameplay for it though so I do know how it plays... At it's most basic anyway.

And that thing started back in 2006.
Huh... Shows what i know then DX I thought that Disney just did a quick upscale for that KOTOR2 update on steam a while ago, not a near decade long project o.o If Disney are using fan mods and making them official, then I think that shows that there is a bit of hope for the Despecialized edition one day :D

I still need to watch the Clone Wars show.
I keep hearing good things about it. XD
Yeah. Don't judge it by the beginning. The beginning is weird. I saw the first two episodes and thought it was just gonna be a bunch BORING short stories. I was wrong... And I skipped like the entire first season because of it DX Only coming back because of their Cad-Bane advertisements for season 2.
There's two ways to watch it. Release order, and story order. I honestly have no idea which order it should be watched so a bit of research on that one will probably do wonders.

Did someone tell you that you shouldn't complain about 'rich' problems or something?
Yes actually, me XD. Just sorta how I am. A way I calm myself down is to remember that "Someone else has it much worse, my "problem" isn't even a real problem all things considered"
Or even rant topics. There were a few times I was gonna bitch about stuff on the rant topic, but then I read the one that would be above mine and I'm like "huh... Suddenly my annoyance isn't truly a problem anymore o.o"

And for the games, my friend is just like "Dude... It's playable, who cares if it's not full screen or upscaled a bit?" And i'm like "I DO! It's so weird to play games with a black border like that. It's a bit distracting. I CAN do it, but i'd rather wait for a fix of some sort like what I did for battlefront 2/republic commando.
And this is starting to border the line of the whole "Check your privilege" controversy so I'm dropping it here. XD
Oh yeah, that is a controversy DX

If the Movie fails to live up and Disney refuses to acknowledge Kotor fans will revolt eventually. Just watch. :P
Now I almost wish it'll suck. Just so I can wake up, have hot chocolate, go on google. Look up star wars, and observe/experience all the star wars fans disowning disney and stuff >: D But the way it's looking like, the movies gonna be quite awesome, for me anyway.

That HAS to be fanmade. No place as big as Disney would put out something that looks like a FAN rushed it. In fact, I'm 80% sure that even I put out something of better quality at one point for a project I took down and put on hold for quality purposes.
I've found nothing better. :/
Huh... Shows what i know then DX I thought that Disney just did a quick upscale for that KOTOR2 update on steam a while ago, not a near decade long project o.o If Disney are using fan mods and making them official, then I think that shows that there is a bit of hope for the Despecialized edition one day :D
Ok, there's been a miss-communication here.

Team Gizka wasn't disney. They were genuine fans of the game who made the expansion.
What I was saying was that project, done by fans got far more done and was more professional than Disney.

On top of which Team Gizka already had years to work on it, Disney's just popping out with this now.
So even if it actually ends up being good despite their god awful trailers, it's going to be quite some time before you can play it.
Yeah. Don't judge it by the beginning. The beginning is weird. I saw the first two episodes and thought it was just gonna be a bunch BORING short stories. I was wrong... And I skipped like the entire first season because of it DX Only coming back because of their Cad-Bane advertisements for season 2.
There's two ways to watch it. Release order, and story order. I honestly have no idea which order it should be watched so a bit of research on that one will probably do wonders.
If I judged things on just the first few episodes I wouldn't be a fan of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones or Doctor Who. :P
Now I almost wish it'll suck. Just so I can wake up, have hot chocolate, go on google. Look up star wars, and observe/experience all the star wars fans disowning disney and stuff >: D But the way it's looking like, the movies gonna be quite awesome, for me anyway.
The recent trailers for it do actually make the movie look amazing.

I mean fucking look at this beauty! <3
And I do want it to be amazing.

It's just Disney's unpredictiability with respecting franchises + the expanded universe 'legends' crap that has me cautious.

Team Gizka wasn't disney. They were genuine fans of the game who made the expansion.
What I was saying was that project, done by fans got far more done and was more professional than Disney.
You're right, there is a miscommunication XP I'm talking about what Aspyr did in partnership with Disney. The steam up-date they did added 4K and 5K support, native widescreen support, controller support, and steam workshop support. Along with some other goodies in the game. Actually wasn't as much as I expected, but they're still doing things from what I can tell. Honestly, I was just happy with full screen above all else XP

It's just Disney's unpredictiability with respecting franchises + the expanded universe 'legends' crap that has me cautious.
I suppose. Though I don't see them being unpredictable. They have a plan, and seems to have already told us what they're planning over time. The only thing that seems unpredictable really are the games.

Felt like some of you young bruhs needed this.

LmSId.jpg

You're right, there is a miscommunication XP I'm talking about what Aspyr did in partnership with Disney. The steam up-date they did added 4K and 5K support, native widescreen support, controller support, and steam workshop support. Along with some other goodies in the game. Actually wasn't as much as I expected, but they're still doing things from what I can tell. Honestly, I was just happy with full screen above all else XP
Yea, I saw the workshop support.

And the main mod on the workshop?
Team Gizka's stuff. :P
I suppose. Though I don't see them being unpredictable. They have a plan, and seems to have already told us what they're planning over time. The only thing that seems unpredictable really are the games.
They're not unpredictable once something is released. The unpredictability is beforehand.

Sometimes they stand back and let it be created for an adult audience like it deserves (Tron, Pirates of the Caribbean, Avengers).
Note, not to be confused with the gritty/dark stuff that DC is still trying.

Other times they'll shove it child appropriate content and messages because they want to be nice to children.

Like for Hayao Miyazaki.
The Movies were amazing, but he had to make specific clauses in the agreements where Disney didn't touch it, at all. They would only be allowed to put their name on it end of story.
The reason being that he knew if he didn't Disney would come crashing in and altering it until it was something... bad. :/

And the main mod on the workshop?
Team Gizka's stuff. :P
Well that's good :D Easy access to mods are always welcome to me (Some of the mods I had to track down for various games was criminal. -.-)

Sometimes they stand back and let it be created for an adult audience like it deserves (Tron, Pirates of the Caribbean, Avengers).
Note, not to be confused with the gritty/dark stuff that DC is still trying.
Oh I see now, you're talking about as a whole, not just star wars.

In which case, I can't really say much XP All I really know of Disney are their classics, Pixar who does Wall-e/Frozen.
They have Marvel now for the avengers, and owns pirates of the Caribbean/Tron. And now they own Star Wars. And also partnered with Square-enix for kingdom hearts.

Other than that, I don't really know anything about the company. I just know I like what they put out, and am generally happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.