FANFICTION Staff Fanfiction by Staff for Staff

How come I just find this now?? It made my heart all fuzzy and warm, thanks Pahn. :D

• Love
Reactions: Pahn
Staff Cupcakes (A Tale)

The kitchen was all but destroyed, the aftermath of hours of baking laid bare. If an earthquake had struck, it would have been cleaner and at least every available bowl wouldn't be coated with a different flavor of batter. At the center of the chaos stood Kitti, splattered with colorful specks of frosting and smelling faintly of sugar. She was picking up cupcakes one by one and examining them before jotting down a little label and tucking the cupcake safely in a box.

Three had already been placed into one box and she nudged them aside, carefully adjusting the labels beneath them. Mason Moretti's was pale gold next to the stunning blue and pink frosting of Nue's and on the other side sat Midnight Maiden's delicate orange-pink one. Kitti frowned and switched the places around, moving the cotton candy cupcake to the far side and placing the warmly sweet peach next to it. The pear, gently sweet and clean, would be better next to peach. Happily.Ever.After's candy-sweet Snickers cupcake started the next row of the box next to Nue's, followed by PoetLore's chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake, both fun and familiar at once. Last in the row was Kimberlyn, a strawberry cupcake with summery sweetness.

Deciding what to place next, Kitti scanned the remaining cupcakes sitting around on counters, neatly frosted but without labels. A mistake to not have tagged which one was which when she had finished making them, to be sure. Deciding between two cupcakes, she dipped her pinky finger lightly in the frosting of one and got sweet chocolate laced with spice. Mexican hot chocolate, Nydanna's, would be next in the box. She scooped up another chocolate cupcake to sit next to it, The Mood is Write's sinfully decadent triple chocolate. The final one in the box would be the cupcake for CrystalTears, whose pleasantly peanut butter scent promised a little nuttiness with the chocolate frosting. Tapping her chin, she wondered idly if Kimberlyn's cupcake next to it would taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich should they get squished. Shaking her head and hoping she wouldn't find out, she quickly closed the lid of the box and tied it with a bright yellow ribbon.

Next were a set of chocolate cupcakes to go in first, distinguishable by their frosting. Sen's mint chocolate, sweet with a kick of zesty mint, sat with Opal's richly chocolatey black forest whose cherry on top gave it away. When Kitti reached to grab the last one, HerziQuerzi's unusual but delicious cherry coke cupcake with its cheerful pink frosting, she realized that she had grabbed Holmishire's instead. "I don't know how I could get the two mixed up, they don't even really look alike" she said, more to herself than the empty kitchen. Holmishire's understated blueberry lemon cupcake had really come out lovely, the lemon and purple contrasting just right, and she was especially proud of how nice its colors looked together. She set it down on the other side of the box and looked for flavors to put between it and the chocolate.

The reliable and comfortable sweetness of Click This's red velvet cupcake came next, followed by the unexpected but enjoyable maple bacon cupcake for Artorias. Last in the row was FieryCold's cupcake, which looked like chocolate and smelled sweet but packed a coffee punch. Next to that one was Nemopedia's, a sweet foil of white chocolate with a hint of mocha. The last space was Eruantien's gingersnap, whose sweet flavor couldn't hide its slightly spicy bite.

The new box started with the pretty pastels of Greenie's rose and pistachio cupcake whose gentle sweetness paired well next to Akashi's reserved but pleasant Earl Grey. Next came Turtle's delicately floral and sweet lavender. The next row was filled with Peregrine's fragrant, dependably tasty vanilla bean; Falcon's cozy dulcet honey; and the smooth richness of Dipper's buttered rum. Kitti held two cupcakes up to her nose, trying to decide which was Elle's and Elle Joyner's, finally dipping her finger in the frosting to check. The mildly sweet vanilla marked the first as Elle's sweet potato while the nostalgic, homey flavor of pumpkin pie spice marked the other as Elle Joyner's. Tucked last in the box was the strong but smooth salted caramel of Nav's cupcake. Completed, Kitti stacked the three full boxes of cupcakes all tied with gold ribbons onto the counter and set to work trying to figure out how many more were left.

Sorting out the cupcakes, Kitti counted exactly eighteen left. Two perfect boxes – what luck! The only thing left was to decide how best to place them. Noctis's tartly fruity pineapple upside down cupcake would be next to Vivian's bright, tangy lemon pie and the citrusy, salty margarita for rissa would finish the set. The fun and fruity but also boozy piña colada cupcake for Pahn would sit with rissa's and Yatagarasu's, whose minty bite gave way to a spicy sweet bourbon flavor. A dreamy orange cupcake for Tarieles was a mirror, sweet with a hidden tang. The last three were pies, a comfortable childhood favorite of oatmeal cream with marshmallow frosting for Winter, the pleasantly mellow banana cream pie for Sail, and the sweet and tart cherry pie for Icequeen.

On the final box, Kitti couldn't help but be excited and tried not to rush as she slid Daz's popping pink bubblegum cupcake next to Dittles's equally sugary but green Mountain Dew, and the bold and exciting funfetti for Red Revolver. IntrusivePenDesperateSword had a slightly unusual but earthy rosemary scent drifting off of his and Kitti hoped it wouldn't permeate the others. Equally strong and snug but with a spicier scent came SoulSerenity20's carrot cupcake, followed by the syrup, creamy butterscotch for Klutzy Ninja Kitty. The last three, she picked up with care and fought the sudden temptation to take just a bite.

The innocent apple odour of firejay's cupcake belied its spicy cinnamon kick. Astaroth's was crème brûlée, a crisp burnt sugar top with rich, velvety vanilla insides. Last but not least, Jorick's almond amaretto cupcake. The frosting was extravagant but beautiful, intimidatingly pure white. The cupcake inside, however, was toothsome and mild with the faintest hint of bitterness that made it somehow less sweet and more enjoyable for it. Pleased with her work, Kitti closed the box at last and tied it as neatly as all the rest.

Piled too high to see over, Kitti carried the precarious stack of boxes out of the kitchen, kicking the door closed with her foot to put the disaster inside out of mind for the time being. In the next room, Diana was waiting, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Did you seriously make a different flavor for everyone? You could have just made them all chocolate, you know. I've been waiting forever. Did you at least make me one?" Kitti turned bright red and nearly dropped the stack of boxes.

"Oh hell. I should have made you one."

Before Kitti could attempt to slip off to the kitchen to bake again, Diana stopped her. "It's fine, I'm starving and I'm not going to wait forever for you to make a billion more cupcakes. I'll just make buttered toast instead."

"Wait, Diana, no!"

Kitti realized belatedly that Diana was headed to the kitchen and couldn't head her off before she had opened the door.

"KITTI!"

Akashi – Earl grey

Artorias – Maple bacon

Astaroth - Crème brûlée

Click This – Red velvet

CrystalTears – Peanut butter chocolate

Daz - Bubblegum

Dipper – Buttered rum

Dittles – Mountain dew

Elle – Sweet potato

Elle Joyner – Pumpkin pie

Eruantien - Gingersnap

Falcon - Honey

FieryCold - Espresso

Greenie – Rose and pistachio

HerziQuerzi – Cherry coke

Holmishire – Lemon blueberry

IceQueen – Cherry pie

IntrusivePenDesperateSword – Rosemary and olive oil

Jorick - Amaretto almond

Kimberlyn - Strawberry

Klutzy Ninja Kitty - Butterscotch

Mason Moretti - Pear

Midnight Maiden - Peach

Nav – Salted caramel

Nemopedia – White chocolate mocha

Noctis the Devious – Pineapple upside down

Nue – Cotton candy

Nydanna – Mexican hot chocolate

Opal – Black forest

Pahn – Piña colada

Peregrine – Vanilla bean

PoetLore – Chocolate chip cookie dough

Red Revolver - Funfetti

Sail – Banana cream pie

Sen – Mint chocolate

SoulSerenity20 - Carrot

Tarieles – Mandarin orange

The Mood is Write – Triple chocolate

Turtle of the Tired – Lavender

Vivian – Lemon pie

Winter – Oatmeal cream pie

Yatagarasu – Mint Julep

firejay1 – Spiced apple

rissa - Margarita

~Happily.Ever.After~ - Snickers

Never in my life have I had an Oatmeal Cream pie xD

Nice story!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
  • Bucket of Rainbows
:O I'm lavender! It's perfect. I love the way lavender smells (and tastes)!

• Love
Darn straight I'm pumpkin pie!<3 also...now I want cupcakes.

• Love
Reactions: Kitti and rissa
I want bacon now...

• Love
Reactions: rissa
Well, now I have to earthily permeate the others.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Ironically, I was eating a strawberry popsicle (ya know, the real fruit type ones) as I was reading this.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: rissa and Kitti
I changed my avatar in honour of Kitti senpai's story. :'3

I'm my last order at Starbucks! (Which definitely is too sweet to be had alone.)

Look what you've done. Now I'm thirsty. Thirsty for myself.

Haha, cute!!!

Now I want cuppy cakes... oh and I'm allergic to chocolate XD

Salted caramel, eh!?

8D

Am I salty?

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Time to turn to cannibalism and eat myself! 8D

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti and Greenie
[spoili]
Lemon-Olive-Oil-Rosemary.png
[/spoili]

I am glad you took special care of mine. I'm going to be assuming and selfish and make the conclusion that somehow represented your view of me.