Souless World

Vianne looked up at the sky and then stared at the girl and smiled, " I got all the information i need, the only thing i wanted was if you were against the Souless. " with her left arm she grabbed the color of her partners neck then looked back with a creepy grin, " Or with them. " her right arm couldn't move at all. All she wanted now was to get out of there before those two reaches her meter.

Jace stared at them both while being dragged away, of course he wanted to know their names, if they were agaisnt the Souless that would be good then! At least he knew someone who was in their side, but then the number one rule came across his mind. No names. He broke that, maybe at this point on he had to protect his partner, cause those two might come after killing them. He gave a bright smile while being dragged away, " See you next timeee~ " he said in a cheerful tune then choked from how hard Vianne was pulling his colar from behind. What an idiot he was.

"Yes, because cutting them to pieces and saving your life means we're completely for the Souless takeover," Alice muttered, "What a bloodly idiot." She turned away from them, meeting Wolf's eyes. "Let's go home, okay?" She said with a smile, "I'll play a round or two with you in your favorite video game as a reward for not killing them for asking nosy questions." Wolf gave a brief smile and followed her as they started home at a steady jog.

" Heeey! Vianne is so mea- " Vianne took her last chance and threw him frontwards making him land in front of the garbage cans, " What's that for?! " he said jumping surprise with his clenched hand already showing it to her. " Just trying to get you back to normal " she said calmly.

They both continued walking swiftly yet silently, " We have to get back home and get ready, professor might be able to fix my arm. " Vianne said while walking. " Whatever " but in truth Jace did care. Once they reached a small apartment they both went inside, luckily no one went inside even though they left it open last night. Well mostly it was Jace's fault. Both of them left their shoes in the shoe cabinet and went inside, Jace was already in front of the TV watching the disk he had put there yesterday while Vianne was in the kitchen looking for something to eat. " I want bacon! " " And i want a partner who could concentrate in his problems! Looks like we both want something we can't have! "

"Get out of the way!" Vaux quickly shoved his partner to the side narrowly saving him from a sickle to his carotid artery. The soulless were closing in on the duo. Their only hope of survival for the time was to fight it out until daylight, which fortunately for them was right around the corner. The soulless were coming at them left and right while small explosions could be heard in the distance. Vaux quickly went about his job using fist and foot to unleash a tirade of blows upon his enemies, the gauntlets he wore allowing him to brutally crush and maim his opponents on the exterior while the enhanced electricity coursing through them stunned them, no matter how short it was. His partner was quickly getting off the ground using her legs to create a sort of windmill kick and her scythe to carve away any of the soulless that had been preying on her. The six foot duo danced around the battlefield using each others momentum to crush and slice their opponents.

"Damnit why won't these assholes retreat already? It's almost daytime and i am getting sick and tired of punching through all these guts!" Vaux was obviously getting tired, hungry and pissed as he slammed a soulless against the ground, it's skull shattering in his palm and leaving a sick crimson stain on his gauntlet. Ivory said nothing as she went about with her scythe and dagger. She would hook a soulless with the scythe before rending it in half while any of them that got close enough would be stabbed, gutted and eviscerated with her dagger. The jagged edges causing more damage as it ripped its way out than on its way in. "You know, you really should learn to be quiet while fighting. If you keep yelling you will bring more of them to us." Vaux hated to admit it but Ivory was right, regardless of that he continued to make his way through. "There, they are thinning out! We can make it out of here through the thinnest part let's go!" Without much hesitation Vaux ran towards the thinning area of soulless, he brought his hands to a ready position and leaped on top of one of them, he proceeded to take the soulless and swing it around knocking the others down. Once an opening was made Ivory rushed through slicing any that attempted to get up, Vaux in tow behind her. As they rounded the corner of a nearby building a beam of sunlight could be seen on the street. "Almost there let's go!"

Vaux and Ivory were both breathing heavily as they approached a small quarantine sign, a portion of the city said to be highly toxic due to a chemical spill, when in truth it was just overrun with soulless. They made their way to the heavy metal doors of the quarantine zone and slid their magnetic id cards through the slider. The doors opened and they walked through escaping one more nightmare. "I need a shower. This smell of death does not suit me at all." Vaux nodded as he proceeded to take off his shirt and gauntlets "Yea, i know what you mean. I'm a guy and i still hate this smell." They both frowned at each other and went to their respective restrooms before getting washed up.

Alice and Wolf stuck to the roof tops of the abandoned houses, ignoring the small groups of Souless that gazed at them from below. They were both tired from fighting, but it was hard not to feel re-energized as they leapt from building to building on their way home. 'Home' in itself was a bit of a strong word for such a small, dark place, but it was comfortable and comforting to them. Maybe because the black color on everything sort of blocked out the red blood and gore of their forced jobs. Either way, it was the place they always wanted to return to, even if it didn't belong to them.