Sorimus - Land of Conflict

9be6b689de0b1c804428923c89c1d536.png

Lux had agreed with Reyon, or at least, she hoped he was correct. She trusted Erwin but the others? Progress there was slow but each of them seemed interesting though slightly intimidating - some far more so than others. A weak, exasperated sigh fell from her lips as her wings lifted from her back and within a few beats, she within the air, just barely above the others. The fairy headed to Erwin's side, glancing at him cautiously, her brows furrowed as she took in the Scorn's words, "Do you believe this will be possible - working together to defeat...them?" She asked, her voice a hushed whisper as she glanced at her surroundings worriedly. Strangers who just met - would it really work?

However, the fairies attention was quickly drawn from her friend and to the altercation between the others. Her natural reaction was to put distance between herself and the fight - the very sight of it causing her heart to race in her chest. People who were being made to work together for a common, important goal were battling it out! - what if they were seriously hurt? As she watched, more people seemed to get involved and Lux swept her attention to Reyon and Atropa, a focus settling upon their health before she flickered her gaze to Erwin and then back, "How...exactly do we stop this?" She asked, hands shifting nervously as her thoughts turned briefly to her staff, a desire to feel the familiar rush of magic washing over her, "I mean we have to continue on... not fight like this...". Saying that, Lux was not going to step remotely near a physical altercation with combat with far from her forte.

Reactions: Soverign
tumblr_nc068enM2l1tjrwu3o2_1280.jpg

Silver Knight Reyon

Reyon stops walking when he feels the aura building up behind him and Val. "Lady Atropa?" He says turning his head
Just as Atropa blindly charges at him. He remains still until she swings her sword before gracefully sidestepping her attack. He puts his hand on his sword hilt but quickly removes it and leaps away from Atropa to create some distance. Those with keen eye sight would be able to see small particals floating around in the air that looked like they were gleaming when light hit them. "Although i have no quarrel with you Your Grace, If you wish to fight me, then let us finish our mission first" Reyon says pulling out a small vile and tossing it at towards Atropa. "Be cautious Lady Atropa, im afraid i havent had the time to rid my armor of the silver dust".
Silver dust was created by Reyon durning the blood wars, it was a mix of dried garla root. Garla is a mutated garlic that grew in the south that was used for cures, but it was dangerous for Vampires. "That should help until the dust dissapates"
Reyon says turning back around as he swishes his cape to catch back up with Valas. "Rid your self of your worries madam Lux, When this land is saved, only then, i will grant those who wish for it, a quick death" Reyon says walking past Erwin and Lux.

Erwin had been in brilliant concentration. After a brief discussion about Val's cousin who has found herself employment at the same tavern Rayon was the sorcerer had returned to his mind. It was a massive archive of knowledge he had amassed and remembering things he had to be specific. In his mental library he had to pick a specific set of information and he could recall it with clarity. Though this required the slightest magic assistance he could manage the feat very easily speaking to himself all the while "Coating is a dense mineral mixed with scale cells that form to make a near steal strength scales. Possible weaknesses are greater heat and possible-" He took a breath and listened as swords clashed. e knew who it was with. He knew why. But in truth he only felt annoyed by the incident "Gather the strongest warriors to save the realm. It will save people they said. The journey will be legendary they said. Near the beginning we already start on ourselves. Gods give me patience" He didn't even look back wanting them to resolve it themselves.

--

When the Warlord was walking beside Erwin their conversations were brief but he was happy to hear what was said even if most of it was babble. Learning of his cousin thriving was good news to hear. She was weak in her people's eyes but she had a good soul and in truth he had to raise her when nobody was there to. He wanted her to live and in one of the only times he asked for help Erwin was called upon to deliver her to a safe place to live. Hearing from Erwin she really enjoys the time there and loves her place. Which.....he was grateful.

What brought him out of the daydream was fighting. Turning he had thought they broke ranks and were killing his children. But what annoyed and confused him were the pair fighting for the briefest of moments. They seemed to clash a few times then just.....stop. In his eyes he was partly disappointed. To start a fight and there be no blood shed in the end seemed so boring of a clash. But maybe in time. Returning to walk beside Erwin did he place a hand on Raq'ur and smile
"We near the location. Best to steal yourselves now. Or the beast will kill you all"

11fff1fdf2ebc9ff30fab3673971f008--manga-anime-anime-art.jpg

"Forgive me Prince Morgan but if you allow me to I would like to be formal with you. You may have given up your vows to be a Prince but you are still of royal blood. I would prefer to just treat you with the respect and care you deserve" she said smiling at him kindly. "I am curious about what you will show me," she said tilting her head. What would he show her, a stranger she just met and he had something to show her. "Sorry, I shouldn't ask like you said you will tell me when this is over. I promise to protect you so that you keep your word" she said bowing slightly to him. She walked close to Morgan the whole time they headed to where the Scorn would lead them. She was keeping a sharp eye on everything around her so it did not take her long to draw her weapons and going in front of Morgan as to protect him. "Stay behind me Prince Morgan," she said firmly ready to fight if things got a bit too messy. She had no idea why they were fighting and a part of her thought that maybe the vampire was craving the blood of the human amd was going mad because of it.

The fight did not last as long as the human threw something at the vampire. She relaxed lowering her weapon and putting it away. She turned to look at Morgan smilimg. "It's alright now. It seems as though my earlier statement may have been a bit navie. We don't really get along with each other" she said rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. She looked over at her uncle seeing his frustrated look. She went over to him putting a hand on his shoulder. "Uncle, are you alright. Will you be able to handle this journey. You're quite old and I wouldn't want harm to come to you" she said.

The Silver Knight dodged her crimson blade with a slight grace, and then mad some distance between them. In the process, he released a cloud of gleaming dust, an anti-vampire toxin. She breathed in the toxic dust as it too entered her eyes. It hurt, but to her, it wasn't as troubling as you might think. Grace be to her mother's human blood she had a resistance to such things. He spoke to her with respect, yet this only tended the fire. "Your Grace? Don't mock me human. Don't think dodging one attack means anything. I'll break that cheap blade." He threw a vial of antidote and Atropa simply slice it in half and broke on the ground. "I want my vengeance, Knight Reyon. I'll hold back this day but once this task is over, our night shall come."

Atropa blade dissipated into a bloody mist and floated from sight. Her eyes returned to blue and her vampire traits vanish. She turned to the others in her group and gave them a smile. "Sorry, it seems our tempers got the best of us. We should let our business interfere with the mission."

Reactions: Iceydaze
Morgan Ardorius

The fight was brief and there was no clear victor. 'What a waste of time..' He complained inwardly, wishing the two would just get their issues over with so they wouldn't have to deal with the drama later. Even more annoying was this older sister of his. Calling him prince as if blood ties actually stood for something. Something about this naivety of hers didn't sit well with him. Not because he was tossed aside by his own father, but because it was clear she was tossed aside as well and perhaps even forgotten by that rotten mother of his. "Trust me when I say that isn't necessary, Ness. If blood ties were so important, you wouldn't be in the position you're in right now." Trailing off, he followed the others, paying the quarrelsome duo no more mind.

Upon hearing Ness unintentionally pick on the old man for being old, Morgan pulled her back to his side and linked arms to keep her safe next to him. "Stop picking on that old geezer, will you? You don't want to know what happened last time I did that. However, you're right to notice that we're not getting along. l suggest dropping the formalities. We'll get along much better without those. If you keep acting this way, don't think I won't ignore you until the end of time!" Morgan childishly threatened her, his volume no louder than a whisper.

Hearing they were nearing the location, Morgan grew stiff for a moment, his hold on his staff and Ness' arm tightening. He took a deep breath and recollected himself, easing his hold slightly as he was still unsure what it was they were getting themselves into. He had mixed feelings about this whole thing. Before, he couldn't be any more thrilled about this little adventure. However, now that he has become aware of Ness' existence, it made it difficult to feel at ease. He could handle dying with a bunch of strangers but allowing someone as innocent as Ness to perish would be an unforgivable offense. The thought alone coated his palm with a fine layer of sweat. Pausing, he cleared his throat to grab Erwin's attention. "I-I don't suppose we could stop and talk things through? We don't exactly know one another or this thing for that matter. Erwin, do you even have a plan?"

Mood:
Anxious
Forest
Erwin @Soverign Ness @Zelda

Reactions: Queen Sonia
9be6b689de0b1c804428923c89c1d536.png

Lux watched the short lived fight with trepidation as she picked nervously at her nails. Blue eyes switched between the two key figures, a sigh falling from her lips - her concern, though for the fighting itself, was also due to any possible risks for their health. How would they fight if they injured each other? Her fears however, were fortunately silenced when the fight was ended and a small, though weak smile painted her features as she looked over the both carefully. "My concern is for the health of you both - we are here to work together, we shouldn't be injuring one another" Lux explained weakly, huffing as she let her wings bring her higher up. Turning her gaze solely to Reyon, smiling still, "You can just call me Lux you know..." Really, secluding herself as she had, Lux found formalities directed towards herself quite unnecessary.

With the potential fight over, Lux herself continued on, following Erwin and the others quietly. Though she seemed to slow at the mention of their distance from the beast they were to face. Unfortunetely, nerves were quick to inhibit the blonde fairy, her gaze cast around them in concern. Only due to Morgan's words did she slip from her study of their surroundings, her gaze turning to the Scorn Warlord and Erwin, then to the others. She only knew Erwin within this group and other than the brief threat of combat between the others earlier, Lux had little idea of any of their capabilities. Lux herself didn't even fight! Without a plan...the idea of facing one of these beasts seemed even more dangerous than it was, "That is a good point...do we have a plan?"

Erwin gave the slightest of smiles as he turned to Lux "Why indeed i do have a plan. The beast Val calls a 'Steel Reaper' is a very dangerous creature. But it isn't without its weaknesses. It's skin is quite strong and can deflect any hit you make. Except when it is heated. If it is headed up by magic or otherwise it can loosen and cuts can be lethal. I can heat it up with magic and Val can as well but only a few times with the staff. But when its armor is heated it will try to fly and cool it off engaging us from a distance" Erwin paused trying not to overwhelm the group. Yes he had been on the receiving end of one of the very same creatures they intended to face. But it was much weaker, this would be an interesting endeavor.

Turning Erwin kept walking
"It has a great breath that is cold and it will also breath it on itself to cool its steel armor. So our job is to keep it busy. And though this creature is very intelligent it has a serious disadvantage. We have numbers and a growing power, work together and we can win. But keep with your grievances and it surely will kill us. I fully intend to enjoy another sweet cup of tea when we are done" He said as he continued on his path.

Val-Dox had smiled and though the elder of the group was old he had a way with words. Smelling the air he chuckled "Keep your wits about you" HE walked with the old man and when they approached the path seemed to reach a cluster of shredded trees. Erwin used magic to move them from their path. Stepping over dead Scorn did the elder notice the volume this beast had killed. On his left in the trees and on the ground were dead. It was a bloody mess. Looking to his right it was the same just a different arrangement.

Erwin stopped and halted the group. They had stopped just inside the tree line. There was a half mile by half mile wide circle in the forest completely barren of trees. And in the center stood the massive beast. It laid there napping in the blood shed it had caused.

Reactions: Iceydaze