So like...

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becoming part of chat rooms/groups also works.

I got to know a number of people such as Lawkheart better for a time through a big Skype group chat.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
Once upon a time, people got popular on the iwakuroleplay.com website for being good writers.

Once upon a time, people got popular on the iwakuroleplay.com website for being good writers.
That sounds terrible... :(

Reactions: Orochi
An interesting question. Wouldn't know where to begin answering, really.

Have you tried drugs?

If I had, I'm not sure I would confess that to random strangers.
Shame.

Tylenol can really help with headaches man, you should try it.

Sigh. I'm assuming he means like Ecstasy or meth.

If weed counts, then I have. If not, no.
I was joking Gonzo. :P

To take @Kaga-kun's thoughts to their logical conclusion, don't change your avatar until you've firmly implanted yourself into the minds of the populace. (Signatures are okay, though, usually.)

For example, I feel like the name @Lawkheart used to mean something to me, a member I recognized. Then she changed her avatar and it was like a total reset, and I am forced to recreate her in my mental lexicon from scratch. (Sorry Lawk, I'm working on it.)

That is why I have been using this avatar consistently across numerous sites for years. Ain't no way I'm giving up on any progress I make!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart and Gonzo
What some people fail to consider is starting a cult only works if you're charismatic and are capable of manipulating people in such a masterful way that they end up doing anything you want to please you, where death becomes preferable to losing favour.

Attention whoring doesn't do that.

In what dimension? O.o
All of them.
To take @Kaga-kun's thoughts to their logical conclusion, don't change your avatar until you've firmly implanted yourself into the minds of the populace. (Signatures are okay, though, usually.)

For example, I feel like the name @Lawkheart used to mean something to me, a member I recognized. Then she changed her avatar and it was like a total reset, and I am forced to recreate her in my mental lexicon from scratch. (Sorry Lawk, I'm working on it.)

That is why I have been using this avatar consistently across numerous sites for years. Ain't no way I'm giving up on any progress I make!
There is the exception if they all keep the same theme though.
In my case all my pictures (except my brief first one) have been of the John Simm Master.
What some people fail to consider is starting a cult only works if you're charismatic and are capable of manipulating people in such a masterful way that they end up doing anything you want to please you, where death becomes preferable to losing favour.
Which is why my cult has been so successful. :3

Do shit. You get known for doing shit. The more visible that shit, the more others will see you. Also, multiple labels.

Pretty sure most people know me from the ferret craze phase I started with on here. :ferret: Others know me as a genocidal GM. Others still, as the guy that started that Great Migration thing. I have a masquerade for anywhere I need to go.

Or you can pick a side, be a Forum Kid or a Chat Bum.

I imagine that it would all depend what you'd like to be known for. I get the feeling that the best way to get a generally favorable appeal across the site would be to post a good mix of quality roleplay posts, roleplay ideas which turn into lasting projects and quality responses (in general chat and elsewhere.) So long as you are doing those things, putting your best foot forward, your name will surely gain traction.

Nah it's okay, I don't really care what is thought of me either way. If people know my name that's fine, if they don't they don't. I just like doing random stuff at times and general is for that 9 times out of 10. -shrugs-

Last edited:
Reactions: Hana and Holmishire
Make inspiring posts that are intelligent and shows and shares with people facets about you that don't involve you just spewing up tidbits about yourself.

Being a good writer.

Or,

You can post innumerable, unstoppable waves of horse-shit. That works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.