So like, when you're home alone, do you ever, yknow...

do you close/lock the bathroom door when you're home alone?

• Yes, I close and lock it

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I close it but don't lock it

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Wide open, baby!

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Depends what I'm doing

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • MINI HAS FAILED TO PROVIDE A POLL OPTION WHICH FITS ME. DISHONOR ON HER FAMILY.

Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minibit

Returned from the Void
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
I do it because I'm creeped out by open bathroom doors (don't ask), so yeah.

Misread the question.

However I do close the door even though I live alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't enjoy the audience my cat insists on giving me, so door closed it is.

Reactions: Kagayours
Paranoia makes me feel better having it closed and locked, even though I know logically there is no reason to do so.

Wait...does this question mean when we are using the bathroom and home alone, or just in the house/apartment and having the door open.

Doesn't really matter for me. Home alone and in the bathroom, open it is. I'm in my room, living room, etc. Bathroom door is still open, my bathroom is upstairs. No one is getting in, window only opens outwards and is a small box window where you could maybe fit your head in and that is it.

I'm lucky if I can keep the bathroom door closed when there are people at home....

It doesn't matter if I'm going to the bathroom or taking a shower. Everyone just walks right in when they need me, except my son who will patiently wait outside the door to ask me for whatever he wants. My daughters and my husband though? They just barge right in like I'm not even in there.....

Reactions: Mid
I close it, but don't care much for locking it. I mean, who would walk in on me when I'm alone? Satan?

Also, DISHONOR ON YOU MINIBIT! DISHONOR ON YOU, DISHONOR ON YOUR FAMILY AAAAND DISHONOR ON YOUR COW. YOUR COOOOOOOOW.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Close and lock out of habit. I'm too disciplined to bring distortion to my family.

I don't think I've ever actually thought about this. I've always just closed and locked the door out of habit without stopping to think if I needed to. XD

My bathrooms are both small and the doors open inwardly, so I close them just because I like to try and give myself a little space. I don't need those perverse doors all up in my grill while I'm doing mah thang. e_e

Closed but not locked. But that's normal even when everyone is at home. I guess mine is mostly out of habit.

I leave the door open. Though I go to the bathroom with the door open all the time when I'm not alone. Just to tease my bf though. He pees right next to the car all the time when we're hunting. Weh #basicallymarriedlife

Open so the animals can come in and visit.

Cat arrives. Meows. Get's touched.

Dog hears meowing and comes to investigate. Cat runs from bathroom. Dog gets his butt scratched cause he's a sap.

Close and Lock, for a few reasons.

1. There's still the dog
  2. Someone else may be home, but very quiet
  3. Even if Alone, what if someone get's home
  4. Sense of Privacy
  5. Habit

I don't think I've locked my home bathroom door since 2008. If I'm at my parent's house, I'll close the door only if someone's on the second floor with me. If I'm at my house, it's free range, all door open.

Let them see, let them be amazed.

I'm afraid of anything happening (someone barging in, a window breaking, a meteor crashing down) and not being able to protect my cats, so I leave it open so I can rush to protect them if needed.

I leave it wide open cause why not. It lets me know if someone is INTRUDING in to the house while I'm squirreled away on the potty. >:[

Closed and locked. It became deeply ingrained habit due to growing up with four siblings.

I generally close it because my cat annoys the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.