So like, when you're home alone, do you ever, yknow...

do you close/lock the bathroom door when you're home alone?

• Yes, I close and lock it

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I close it but don't lock it

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Wide open, baby!

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Depends what I'm doing

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • MINI HAS FAILED TO PROVIDE A POLL OPTION WHICH FITS ME. DISHONOR ON HER FAMILY.

Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those here who don't? Is part of that from people not listening to it?

Like when I was a kid my Mom got the (false) idea that we were running late from occupying the bathroom one at a time (even though we had a spare that was untouched). So she started implementing a "I don't care if you're on the toilet, others are allowed to barge right in and do their stuff" which she then used, constantly. And I can imagine some people if continually raised in such (mine eventually stopped thankfully) a deal would simply go "Fuck it! It's not worth it if no one even listens to it!".

For those wondering how they could do that if the door is locked? Interior locks can be shit. Our bathroom look can be open just by using your fingernail to slide the doorknob in the middle, and not even with just long female nails, any nail that wasn't clipped in a few hours could do this.

Last edited:
I close and lock because a relative that had a key almost walked in on me during a bath. o.o Lock it ever since.

I close it, but don't lock it. Don't feel the need to do the latter when no one else is present.

For those wondering how they could do that if the door is locked? Interior locks can be shit. Our bathroom look can be open just by using your fingernail to slide the doorknob in the middle, and not even with just long female nails, any nail that wasn't clipped in a few hours could do this.
Interestingly enough, the lock on the bathroom door in my house is by far the most sophisticated lock in the whole house. o.o And, well... by that I mean, it's pretty much the only one that can lock (aside from the front door, obviously).

I live in a really old house, so most of the doors have, like... old-fashioned keyholes, like, that you would theoretically put an actual key into. o_o I've never seen the actual keys, though, so I'm assuming my family lost track of them before I was even born. And even if we did have the keys, I'm not sure if they'd even work anymore. Like I said, old house. :/ The door on the upstairs bathroom (which is the one that people usually use -- especially since it's the only one with a shower), however, has a doorknob and lock that looks significantly newer than most doorknobs in the house -- meaning it was probably replaced or remodeled at some point -- sooooo it's the only door in the house that even has an interior lock like that.

That being said, it's a fairly reliable lock, in my experience... I've never seen anyone successfully pick it or anything. But then again... I've never seen anyone even attempt to pick the lock on it... because... who the fuck thinks it's ok to pick the lock on a bathroom door and disturb whoever's in there for no reason other than being impatient???

who the fuck thinks it's ok to pick the lock on a bathroom door and disturb whoever's in there for no reason other than being impatient???
My Mom when I was little. XD

I close the door out of habit, but don't lock it. Our lock can be rather finicky and knowing my luck I'd get locked in until my roommate came home and could get me out.

Dishonor on you
Dishonor on your family
Dishonor on your cow

Saw that and had to do it.

Any way I normally close it but since our new sad abused dog has come to us I leave it open for her to follow us when and where ever.

Nah, just close it. If I am home alone, the main door probably is locked, so I won't really worry about people rushing in.

No one's around, so who cares? I will walk around ass naked because I can. Anyone watching is free to do so.

I wouldn't blame them. I'd watch me, too.

No one's around, so who cares? I will walk around ass naked because I can. Anyone watching is free to do so.

lmfao wow thanks for that

The wonders of living alone or with your significant other who don't give a crap! @Qwertronix

Reactions: Dipper
It depends, actually. Sometimes I close it and lock. Force of habit. Most times, eh, why bother. Growing up, I never lived with my siblings, and right now I live alone.

I usually leave it open for my cat, but we have a new renter living with us, so I wait for her to come in and close the door behind her or just close it and listen to her cry. I'd rather not show my poopin' face to anyone I barely know.

It actually makes no difference whether I'm home alone or not. I always keep the door partially open for my son's benefit. I'm paranoid about bad things happening while I'm in the bathroom, but also we're working on potty training. Privacy means nothing when you're a parent.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
My dog can open doors. So trying to keep him from joining me in the bathroom is useless. Also, I only kind of close the door. I push it to, but I don't latch or lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.