Sky Burner: A New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic is a natural ability among the Fae and Elves. For humans, it requires long practice, so yes they are able to wield it.

If it isn't too late, I'd like to submit a character application as well~
Name:
Serena Beaumont
Race:
Fae
The_illusionist_by_asuka111.jpg
Disclaimer: Art belongs to its respective owner.
Dragon Description:
d70I3sYCMqM.jpg
Disclaimer: Art belongs to its respective owner.
Soaring at its full height, Serena's fire breathing dragon stands at an approximately twenty feet tall and weighs a good 327 lbs. Its in possession of brick-hard amber colored scales that shines through its flames.
A pair of nine inch long horns protrudes from its head along with two pointy canines from its mouth.
Its wings mirrors one of a giant bat's, spreading to its widest.
Personality:
Akin to a pitiful anti-hero, for the most part, Serena's behavior plays an important role to her slightly disturbing personality. In spite of the saying; 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend', to Serena, everyone is a worthy opponent; even if none of them pose signs of hostility towards her.
Deeming it necessary to drive those who may potentially want to physically present her with a surprise attack, Serena prefers to maintain a strong front - no matter how obviously forced it may come off as.
She's intensely ruthless to the point of toying with her victim's emotions and half disregarding human empathy - if not completely.
Of course, upon first impressions, with that 'doll-like' appearance of hers, Serena is oftentimes mistaken for a pristine and fragile girl. Blessed with a childlike face, it's easy to mislead enemies into believing she is 'too' innocent to indulge herself in mad thoughts. But with that out-spoken attitude and egotistical demeanor, who knows just how far she'll go until someone finally calls her out on her 'act'.
She is possibly the most despicable two-faced girl one would ever cross paths with. One moment she'll suck up to you, leading you on as if to grant you her undying loyalty and trust - even going as far as sacrificing her own happiness, then the next moment, she'll literally stab you on the back faster than you can say 'traitor'.
History:
Above all else, Serena's upbringing and possibly even months before she was born, was filled with only good memories. She was born and raised in the outskirts of a nearby town, having lived the luxurious life of a prima donna for a few relatively pleasant years (which kind of explains her personality). Regardless of whatever the horrors may occur outside their humble home, Serena's family was never burdened with worries or paranoia of getting their fortunate lives taken away.. To put it bluntly, unlike the unlucky children born into poverty, Serena was a sheltered child and never experienced life-altering pain. She was accustom to being pampered, protected over, and practically getting everything she asked for. Thus, the grave news of her relatives from another town being evacuated out of their homes nearly took a toll on her. At this very moment, Serena finally came to realization that not everything stay the way it is. Unless one were to work extremely hard for what they're aiming for, nothing will change. And because of that, a little naive girl was inspired to achieve everything she desired for. No matter what.
Magic Ability:
Serena is gifted with the ability to manipulate fire at will. Thus having the control to initiate arson, create small ball of fire, and summon a sea of flame. She can disguise her power in the form of a copper-colored butterfly (which is also emblazoned across her chest). However there is a drawback to her ability. . .
Given its limitations and the consequences of prolonged fire usage, it's easy to consume her health. The longest she can maintain her control depends on her condition. If she isn't feeling well, say she has a skyrocket high fever, the effects will backfire. Instead of affecting her targets, her power will go berserk and might accidentally jeopardize her own life.
Basically, she can release a great amount of power for a limited amount of time. Otherwise, she's just an ordinary fae in training.
Misc:
+ Despite her age, Serena enjoys carrying a smoking pipe wherever she goes and has a horrible habit of exhaling smoke into people's faces. +
+ She's extremely unladylike. +
+ She prefers keeping her hair tied up in a small bun to prevent strands of hair sticking out in wrong places. +
+ She's physically weak (as in hand-to-hand combat), so go ahead and stab her on the back! :D +

Last edited:
Is it too late to rethink my character? Not much will change, just plan on adding details and the main picture.

Delayed Announcement!: The IC will be up later this weekend. Any final alterations you'd like to make to your character, please IM the GM.

I'll be away for a few hours tops, so I'll be delaying my first post a bit.

(Sorry my bb codes aren't really working right, they just don't seem to like me)
Name: Keeva
Race: Man (beserker)
Appearance:
selene_by_enmi-d3hynhk.jpg
Dragon Description:
General Build: [spoili] http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/246/3/8/a_s_and_l_paperback_by_kerembeyit-d48qb3y.jpg [/spoili]
The Jade dragon has one of the lightest builds the earth dragons, which is not really saying much. At their tallest the can stand at around twenty feet and the shoulder with most of that being taken up by long powerful legs. These legs make it so that on the ground the Jade dragon very fast and very menuverable bested only by some of the greater desert or plains dragons. Broad powerful wings make them very good gliders, meaning that they can stay air born for long periods of time with very little effort. However, the build of their wings and the fact that their legs are so powerfully built means that they do not have a lot of speed, and if they are constantly pumping their wings they do not have a lot of endurance. A fully mature adult has a very striking patterning. The majority of their scales are a stark white with their under belly a steal grey. On their face is a raised bone "mask", that covers much of the upper part of their skull, from their horns to their snout. The only breaks in it is two holes for the nostrals and two for the eyes. This mask along with its horns and the webbing on the frill on its neck is a bright jade green, and is the name sake of the dragon. On males during the breeding season they will also get large eye spots, like a peacock, three on the underside of each wing. But, only mature adults will have this bright coloring, from the time they are born to when they reach about the size of a horse any part of them that would be white is instead a dark brown and any part that would be green is a dark grey. They are not fire breathers instead when they feel threatened they will bentch out a massive amount of a thick putrid smoke. The smoke is known to last a very long time and there are about three different kinds of the smoke. One is just used for cover and while it smells pretty bad it is not bad for you. The second has an effect similar to tear gas and can cause your eyes to sting, as well as some discomfort in breathing. The last is highly toxic and while Jade dragons themselves are immune to it riders of this type of dragons have to be careful that they do not get caught in a cloud of their own dragon's smog, it is also highly flammable making for some interesting results when this dragon encounters a fire breather.
Personality:
Even those who know her and would consider themselves one of her friends would never use the words cuddly, bubbly, or any other to that effect. To those who do not know her past she can seem a short tempered, crazy, cold, a bit bitchy, with very odd eating habits. It is very hard for her to make knew friends, having grown up in a very different culture she sees the world differently and so there can be times when what she has learned and what she is currently learning will clash, usually with mixed results. As a general rule she is very suspicious of new comers, keeping her distance until she feels that she has a good read on them. She can be extremely defensive at times, especially when food is involved, often quickly shifting from loud verble threats to a warning attack to a full on charge, if the person continuously pushes her buttons. To friends she is very loyal and although she does not give very many obvious signs of affection she is a good listener and will always be there when needed. While, yes, she can be overly violent and prone to taking things a step further than needed the only time she is dangerous to everyone is when she goes beserk. She has only passed that boundry once and while it is very hard to push her over that edge once she is there she doesn't care who you are if you are standing in her way she will take you out. Since her adreniline spikes very high when in this state she does not feel pain making it very hard to stop her. However once she does stop and she sees what she has done and all the injuries catch up with her she often just collapses.
History:
It is thought that Keeva was part of a nomadic tribe although it is not known where they are or why she was seperated from them. All that is known is what Keeva remembers and at least in her mind, her life began with wolves. Left in the woods as a young toddler she was some how adopted into a wolf pack, a tough excistance to be sure but, it was the one that she was granted. To survive she had to learn quickly, and grow even quicker. She may not have been the fastest or the strongest but, she was clever and there was many a small mammel that has lost its life to one of her traps. In the cold winters her whole pack often went without forcing everyone to search near and far for even the smallest scrap, she still has problems with people getting to close while she is eating. By age ten she had become, at least by wolf standards, an adult and a veteren of the woods. It was early spring around her thirteenth birthday when she met Peter, a farm boy just a year or two her senior. She had been exploring a river at the edge of her pack's territory and nearly a day's run from their den sight. He had been fetching some water from the river when he noticed a wild looking girl getting a drink from the other side of the river. After nearly a month of quiet watching and ever closer encounters they finally began to exchange their first few words. Keeva had seen people before, but, it had always been when she was with her pack and they always warned her to stay away. Communicating at first was very tricky but, Keeva had a good ear, as she had learned several animal languages along with bits and pieces of a couple others, so slowly but, surely they began to talk. This is where she first heard about the Sky Burners, occationally she had seen a dragon winging past her part of the woods sometimes even chasing after their shadow until it dipped over a cliff or out of sight and she had always wondered what it would be like to fly. For years Peter filled her head with fantastical stories of adventure and bravery to the point where eventually they both promised eachother that they would complete the trials and become riders together. Three years passed and they were both only a couple months away from when they had planned to leave. Unfortunently Peter never made it, he was out collecting fresh herbs for his mother when he was attacked by a bear. It was Keeva who found his body and brought it back to his parents. For a while she was not quite the same, as with anyone she morned his passing however she was very much a wolf, and while she felt sad that he was gone it did not take her very long to recover and get back on track. Now nearly a year after his death she is going to try again.
Magic Ability: N/A
Misc:
She has mild clausterphobia, as long there is an exit she is fine with pretty cramped conditions. However if she was, let's say, locked in a jail cell, she would start to get really stressed, jumpy, anxious, moody/grumpy, and basically not handle it all to well.
She also has a personal vendetta against squirrels. Not really known why she just hates the little bastards.

Last edited:
[MENTION=4095]ET4252[/MENTION] You'll need to change your dragon's appearance, for it's already in use. If you need options, I'd be happy to assist. Other than that, you're approved.

UPDATE: Tomorrow!!!

Thanks, and sorry I was just using it for what their general build is but, don't worry I will dig something up soon.

Tomorrow? Are you going to post then? I hope so. I only think it'd be normal if you'd arrive first, riding a dragon and all, so I'm kinda waiting for you to post.

Better to let the new entry post their departure first, then I'll post. For now I'm preparing an added set of rules to help along posts and such, and to keep from confusing the plot.

Alright so my computer is being really weird and not letting me edit so I will have to do it from my phone in a bit however, here is my new drgon picture: X

Sorry I haven't been posting... again.

Been having an increased difficulty getting the internet through, and even long enough to get a post up. I might drop out of the roleplay, so feel free to take Regina and Ledona.

Hey, I'm going to have to drop out of this one for now, I'll just have Jek receive a message calling him home or something. Sorry, everyone.

This looks worth joining to be sure!

I have a couple questions, naturally, though:

1. Are characters limited to only the Burners or can I make someone outside of the organization?

2. That was my only question... *facepalm*

Anyone around?

Status
Not open for further replies.