Skin Deep

((Hm. Ok. Ya need to solidify this Beal's past so we don't end up all like 'uuuh how is he supposed to act again'. That's happened to me before with a character. How 'bout... his birth was planned out, but by some gods. Say there was a demon woman (not a from-hell demon, an animal-ish demon) with a talent for killing things. The gods of death/violence and misery/fear, with a thirst for revenge against humans that killed but did not worship the two gods. But the gods could not just go down to the world and start getting revenge. They wanted someone else to do that, to wreak havoc upon humankind. And then the demon woman came about, and somehow the two gods came to know of her. They liked the idea of impregnating her; it would be the god of death/violence that impregnated her, and it was his will that the resulting child would be full of superior strength and complete violence. That child would be Beal. He would have suppressed memories of his mother and whatever man she happened to attempt to settle down with, and of other things, but that part is up to you because I don't know much about those memories. Yup. As a child, the two gods that had planned his birth would sort of brainwash him to kill and forget any humane feelings. And then something could trigger the other sides of him. What could that be? And after that, that's when Mira would find him and stalk him (while he tried to figure out how to unlock the rest of his abilities) and eventually they would have to confront each other. And then Mira could tell him why she was stalking him.

Indeed. And Mira really is cool. She's headstrong and stubborn, and much too brave (or helplessly stupid) for her own good. She's a clever girl. I think I will like her!

Anyways. Your thoughts?))

((I could probably roll with that whole god thing, I am more familiar with how I had first made him. This dude has been sitting in the top drawer of my brain for a long time and he's mutated since then like an old sandwich that molded into some other kind of life form. Why would some one keep a sandwich in a top drawer? I don't know but it makes sense to me. Anyways, I had an idea set up in my mind for how he would find his abilities that would go along with my previous set up of how he was. It would be that he remembers the place where they would hold him until they sent him out, he could go back and the place would be in ruins or something and he'd bust in and search around and find, like, research notes or some crap that would tell him what it is that he can do. I still like the idea of him being semi-created by means other than the gods that way they see him as something they can slap down if they wanted to but in actuality he'd tear them up pretty good first, or something.

I can go along with your way, I think, but I'll need to get my brain to absorb it and work with it. I think it would be cool at some point of they put Beal to the test and maybe some how Mira as at the same time. Some kind of gauntlet of the gods or whatever to test their mettle. I wonder how Beal would have changed in those months, if at all. O.O))

((Hurm. Well... I don't know xD I'm brain-dead right now. For realz. If you could plan out the plot for both of them, involving them equally in the plot, what would that plot be?

Why would they have a god-test-thing? There must be a reason. Maybe Mira wants to be deemed a demi-goddess and freed from her cycle of dying and being reincarnated. Mira's own desires are these; find Beal (because her memories of him from Isalien are driving her insane), learn about him (because she's every bit as nosy as Isalien was), assist him in his tasks (because she is wild and restless and confrontational), find a way to the realm of the lesser-gods, survive all the insane creatures and challenges in that realm, appeal to the gods of purity/peace, learn how to become demi-goddess or full goddess of... something. And be free from death.

And Beal would want to; find the notes left by his creators, figure out the rest of his abilities... right? And so what would his motivation be after that? What would he want after that? I don't know. You said earlier he could be on par with gods. He could challenge the god of misery or death and therefore prove he deserves the title of god. The test could be anything from a fight to defeating a certain super-duper foe. Dude... it would be a depressing plot twist, but the challenge could be to kill Mira to keep her from killing all the impure and completely evil things in the world. I'd love to see that fight. Mira's powers are different than Isalien's, though still with the same general duty of kill-everything-evil.

Again, pinning down one version of Beal would totally help you to understand him, and how he might've changed. Oh, it would have been years. Mira will be anywhere from 15-18 when she stalks him, and that is 15-18 years after the death of Isalien. So he's actually had years and years to change :/ Sorry for making life difficult xD Beal doesn't seem the type to change easily. For a while I thought he was going the slightest bit soft because of Isalien's helplessness, but that was not the case. I am guessing he's kept killing things all these years, but perhaps wondering more and more about his creation and his purpose. ))

((I've never come this far with this character before, he's changing before my eyes, man. But I guess what I have to keep in mind are his initial principals and whatever the crap, I'm feeling pretty brain dead right now myself. Yeah that little portion of humanity (which is pretty much his personality before he became fully changed) was reacting to Isalien and was starting to be able to assert itself more as soon as she touched it inside of him and also at the time when Beal started questioning himself. So there's that little piece to contend with too, if she or someone extinguishes that then there will be no reasoning with him at all in a sympathetic manner. And if he does manage to find out more about what he's capable of then he probably will try and rule the world, just go around killing and eating people, throw large objects. Of course he may get bored with that after a few decades because a bit of his humanity is still with him and he'll look for something to do with more meaning and THEN probably create a kingdom or some crap. OR if Mira helps him unlock the rest of his abilities- oh shit I just realized Beal can't read too good- then mention the gods, he'd probably go just to size them up for dinner. Now, are these gods like Greek gods who CAN be killed you just have to know how?

And I think Beal would totally be capable of killing Mira if she annoys him too much, since he's had no one trying to interact with him he'd hesitate less to kill some one who is acting insolent. BUT he will recognize something about her and that will either give him pause or kill her faster, or just for the sake of having something to do I'll make it so that he doesn't kill her out right. :B So I think that one thing fits, he's been killing folks for a couple years while becoming increasingly concerned about his body (like most young men eventually start doing) and decides to find his point of origin and after a few years of investigating he becomes closer and then some how Mira finds him. Now, he can't read too good so he's been following scents and extracted information that he intimidated out of people before he killed them. Then when he finds the records Mira can try to convince him to come to the demi-god place or whatever. If he doesn't agree to come maybe she can get a god to bring him? :P

That's what my brain has got at this time of night. Hopefully it makes sense enough for you.))

((I think Beal maybe can be part god or whatever. Like his mom, I'm not sure what she was capable of, but like maybe there's a dark god or something that was in on the whole evil creator thing. Like the dark god of crazy violence or whatever planted the idea into a mad magical evil scientist guy and then helped the scientist to getting a mortal or demon or whatever to mate with a goddess or something. One of the parents would have to have been in on it but then changed their mind and would have fled with the other parent and Beal when he was young but they do end up finding them again. I already know how his parents die, sort of (I'd prefer if one of the parents was mortal). But uh yeah...lost my train of thought. Anyway, the other gods or whatever may or may not know about the plot and could either be outraged or intrigued if they're just finding out about it. This is new territory I'm stepping into with this character and I think I'll go along with your way, mostly, for this version. And I hope you get better soon dude.))