Siege of New York - IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the second dream everything was black. She could feel everything and hear a heartbeat. After what felt like months she sees a light. After going to it she coming out of herself and is being held by Oriana. But suddenly she disperses and everyone is gone and everything is black again. And the something happens 3 times until when she goes in the light she wakes up

Dmitry smiled at the way Wilhelm had to react. It was curious to see such a shift, however he knew what he was doing. After all, demons were a mix between masters of chaos, and yet at the same time the best for deceit and lies. "Is that so?" He asked with a curious gleam to his eyes. He walked with the shorter man, seeming more and more interested. Of course in passing he did pick up his two weapons, putting them on his back where he kept the normally. "I know it odd to say, but as we walk, consider something with me. These, half-breeds as you call them. Don't you see them as an asset? More than something to take frustration out on. Whether it be in beatings...or well, I assume you can understand what a male may do." The Russian explained as he walked.

Dmitry paused for a brief moment, reaching down to pick up some dirt off the ground. It was merely dust, however he began to weave it as he talked, "These half-breeds have something you, and your soldiers don't. Access to animal instincts, we know how brutal dogs are when they fight, and how cunning a cat can be. Am I wrong? Imagine this will you." As the demon spoke, he used the dust to display an image of an army. Made possible by all the imbreds, that this nation suffered because of. He was trying to manipulate, and push Wilhelm into something. "Free soldiers, are all around you. Cannon fodder, for the taking. And when you're done with your conquest, turn them to slaves, dogs are the most obedient, and cats the most fearful of a master."
The drive back to the citadel was drenched in silence. That which Dmitry spoke of, the idea of extracting an army of heathens, was always so tantalizing, and so rarely brought up. But there was one minute detail which he had put aside. Wilhelm never fought for power outright, but he did fight for his twisted plans. Half-breeds weren't something simply meant to be cast aside, they were a threat. Wilhelm worked for so long to worsen their conditions in the same manner people deal with pests. No rational human would consider making an army out of vermin. However, the fact that Dmitry gave such concern allowed him to think ahead. "My friend, you have given me a goal of great importance. Perhaps the title of lieutenant would go well with your expertise in killing." Wilhelm made no effort in holding back his smile.

Overhead, the War Room's lights flickered onto the massive computerized map on the center table. A team of generals and strategists muttered among themselves. For weeks they had been organizing Wilhelm's Final Push, a secret operation to finally rid the Earth of all outsiders and aliens. It would be costly, and no one was denying that. The Führer casually strolled in with his compatriot in tow. He coughed into his hand, and spoke to them like an aristocrat, rather than a menacing dictator. "Friends, countrymen, lend me your ears!" Wilhelm started. "I would like to introduce Dmitry Mstislav to our proud halls of governance. For the sake of the city and our ongoing achievements, we shall welcome him with open arms. But for now, the agenda remains the same. Tomorrow we will begin the military attack on Hope."

Oriana woke and decided to stay on her roof for a few hours, she held her face in her hands and drifted in and out of sleep, sitting on the edge of the concrete building, letting her legs dangle and ignoring the eerie quiet of the camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dmitry sighed, as he began to think of what he could do to poor Wilhelm. Such an evil mind, to be manipulated, it was just a wonder if he had it in his power to do so. As he stood in the war room, he smiled brightly, laying a hand on Wilhelm's back, "Now, now, don't be so hasty to plan an invasion. Please, take a minute to consider my odd idea, will you?" He said cheerfully, as he managed to weave just enough magic into his words, to perhaps sway Wilhelm to at least consider what he had put on the table, and what he was about to propose. "Please, take my word. I have spent many years studying tactics. A invasion, no matter how weak tomorrow, would mean little. You have rebellious souls that live, and you must crush them before you can move forward."

Wilhelm stood utterly fascinated with the feral Dmitry. Of course he would want the invasion postponed, but that would be far too risky. Hope was only a few kilometers away from the citadel; easily within a day's march. Legens' armies were kept better fed than any of its civilians. "Allow me to give you a choice then! Which sounds more appealing, rooting out treachery on the home front, or leading a glorious invasion? Your idea will not be lost on me either way." in his head, Wilhelm recalled assigning only 20,000 soldiers for this attack. It would be enough to hold off resistance, at least. By the time this meeting was over, the men would have already begun mobilizing. All that mattered was a swift victory. "For now, I bid thee farewell. I'll take your answer by tomorrow." Wilhelm stepped out of the war room and to his own chambers. This would be a night he couldn't sleep through.

Colonel Franz Goebbels looked over the wastelands before him, from atop his horse. He was in charge of a small brigade of soldiers, and for all that it was worth, he would rather be anywhere else. Franz pulled out his journal, hoping to remain legible as the sun took its time to rise. From birth everything was 'Glory to the Reich' for him. That changed as Franz naively brought himself for a recruitment center. Legens waged war against civilians, not armies. He never took prisoners or refugees; Franz knew well how they were treated in the camps. As the young man wrote in his diary:

"The Führer has made bold plans for us once again. I liked it better when we just guarded walls for a living. It's a bit strange that an entire brigade will be attacking a small settlement not so far away. Last we checked it had no military importance. The men are far less uneasy, they want to make a name for themselves. Our last attempt at pushing past our borders failed horribly, and for these soldiers, this is their retribution. I know what the Führer will have me do to the women and children of Hope. I won't be able to go through with it."

As the meeting came to an end, Dmitry left feeling pleased with himself. The way demonic deception worked, was rather amusing in his eyes. With a sigh though, he pulled up his hood, and let his little disguise fade, his ears returning to where they had been. Flat against his head, hidden from sight by his hood, his tail swished every now and then under his trench coat, but it was not noticed by even himself. "This man will fall, by my hand, I can guarantee it." He muttered to himself, with a chuckle, as he walked through the streets. "Now to find those he calls treacherous, and make them my own pawns to wage war."

Dmitry continued to walk through the streets, however his mind was active, probing everyone he passed, in hopes to see who was no longer loyal to Wilhelm. However he passed a man, who seemed to be an officer of some sort. His brain picked up on what the man had to write, and think, "You there, come with me." He said plainly, as he walked, gesturing toward the Colonel. "I have need of you, and so do the circles of hell."

Franz's hairs stood on end as a voice called out to him. The heavy accent and masculine tone made it all the more threatening. "Who goes there?!" he turned around and shouted. He took a step back from his horse, beholding the giant of a man. "Uh-oh. My apologies, sir, but I should be leaving. The Führer won't be pleased if I'm late." Franz took a moment to consider what punishment awaited him if he delayed anymore. His family would also be at risk. Even then, this stranger looked just as threatening. "Make it quick, whatever you say."

"I bet that irritant dog thinks me a fool." Wilhelm said to himself, alone in his chamber. He could hear sudden footsteps closing in. After Dmitry left the war room, Wilhelm made sure to bring in an expert. Dmitry admitted to being a demon-spawn, and with that, finding his weakness was an utmost priority. "Ah, Herr Schuster! I hope all that procrastination was worth it." Wilhelm spat in the meager scientist's direction. "Heil Dönitz! Please accept my apology, my Führer." Dr. Schuster was renowned for two things: his politeness, and his brutality in the camps outside of Legens. This doctor was an expert in the anatomy of half-breeds abroad. Inhumanity was his expertise. "I'll accept your apology, though if you force me to wait again, then I'll drown you in the Hudson myself. I want you and your researchers to monitor Mstislav Dmitry at all times. Any new detail is to be reported to me only. Any weakness is to be exploited."

"I can tell you don't like Wilhelm. I only ask one thing of you, meet me whenever you can. Your disloyalty would be a great asset in bringing this man down. Now then, I have to go ahead and clear out a few ghettos. Don't tell anyone on me." Dmitry remarked, as he pulled back the bolt on his PKM. Chambering the first, of the 200 rounds the magazine held. "If you have anyone you like to stay alive, speak now. I'm to be off now." With that, he raised his hand, and a small black ball appeared in his free hand. Slowly it started to spread down his arm, and as it did, it was starting envelop his body, so he could not be seen. Aside from a very, very pitch black outline, which clung to the shadows so well, it was scary.

Franz held a stunned expression for the longest time. The last thing he was expecting was some kind of outsider to appear to him. Dmitry's words rolled around in the colonel's mind, specifically mentioning treachery. It was something Franz didn't want to partake in. After all, why put your reputation and family on the line for a stranger? Nonetheless, Franz could imagine himself joining this stranger. To put an end to dictatorship, to misery, and injustice. Maybe Franz could be the hero for once, he thought. But until then, there was the mission at hand. Revolutions could wait. "Alright, everyone get ready to mobilize!" Franz hollered to the brigade, who had been patient. Three tanks would follow in the side of the march, while a swarm of troops held the middle. It wouldn't take long to reach Hope, and if they were lucky, there would be no resistance.

Schuster held a pair of binoculars close to his peering eyes. And as the manic doctor watched Dmitry from afar, Wilhelm would be watching him through legions of spies. This was little more than a test. Anyone else was more qualified to spy than Schuster, but the Führer needed his entertainment. The doctor's interest rose significantly as Dmitry faded from sight. It would be impossible for him to complete his mission now. Wilhelm is surely going to express his disappointment in a unique fashion.

"Hmm, chaos, chaos, chaos. Something so fun to indulge in." Dmitry muttered to himself, as he walked. Of course it wasn't like he planned to do nothing about the tanks rolling past. For his own amusement, he began to use his magic to do something that would certainly cause an upset. The tank that lead the armored column would find how hard it was to drive, when a tread became lose. In seconds it seemed, the tread completely separated themselves from the vehicle, leaving a very annoying repair job for the crew.

However Dmitry didn't have time to enjoy the sight of tankmen, furiously scrambling to fix things. Instead, he had other plans. He had an armory of weapons on the outskirts of town, now all he needed, was a army to wield it. The question was, how quickly could he cause a small uprising in the ghettos? Well it seemed with a few bullets, he would just have to find out. Of course he needed to be rid of his heavy machine gun, and with a bit magic, had it sent back to his small home. Drawing out his two revolvers instead, he felt it would be more fun to put 44.magnum shells through these facists. Especially when they could not see him, and could only hear him.

Tuki woke up as the sunlight burst threw the broken glass windows that looked out at the camp. Mostly everyone seemed to be outside either playing with some card that Oriana brought back once or setting there. She got up and walked outside. No one said anything, it was Hopeless. She didn't like to see anyone like this. So to cheer everyone up she asked them, " So, umm what should I name my baby?" Tuki rubbed her belly bump, letting it show. It was always funny to her that her belly button was out she was always a in-ie and never an out-ie.

Oriana was near a wall trying to sit in the sunlight and stay out of the morning cold, making a castle out of cards with her mouth hanging open a bit from concentration. After Tuki had come down she stopped and looked up. "How about Octavia, or Octave for short? I always thought that was a beautiful name." She stated as she continued stacking cards until they suddenly fell, perhaps from the wind she though. Starting over from the beginning. "Nobody else seems to care about your baby except you and I, Tuki." Oriana looked around at her peers, most of them talking quietly or looking for leftovers to eat and completely ignoring the two girls.

An incredulous glare blew up on Franz's face as the tanks malfunctioned. Of course he began to curse like a sailor at the repair team, his blood boiling with frustration. It looked like the infantry would have to move on foot now without backup, for the time being. The soldiers kept their disgruntled voices low. They were never very fond of the colonel, and his constant hesitancy to achieve an objective. Nevertheless, there was still victory in sight, close to the horizon. No one would suspect the great armies of Wilhelm to finally begin anew, and finally bring the world back under his iron fist.

The first wave into Hope consisted of 200 soldiers. They were ragged beyond compare; spending the last few hours with non-stop marching. Their hands ached from holding their MP-40's for so long. But there was one thing that drove them, and that was their sheer hatred for the citizens of this feral encampment. An officer stepped past the formation outside the wall and pulled out a letter he was carrying. He read it aloud, shouting from the very bottom of his chest.

"In the name of the Führer of Legens, and the eventual conqueror of Earth, we request that the inhabitants of Hope surrender. For those who comply peacefully, we can ensure your safety within our refugee camps. However, refuse, and you shall face immediate retribution. Heil Dönitz!"

A wave of men came charging into the front door. A man who seemed to be the commander yelled out commands to the citizens of Hope. Tuki's ears folded down at the sound of the man's voice. It was all over they had come the leader guy or who ever leaded the army was known to kill non-humans like herself. She hid behind a tent and waited for Oriana to do something.

Dmitry walked among the ghettos now, spinning one of his revolvers around in his hand. In passing, he saw a trooper, and simply pulled the trigger on his 44.magnum in passing. Easily slamming the shell right into the man, without even revealing his position. It would be near impossible to tell what happened, save for a small muzzle flash, which happened so quick, by the time anyone could fire, it would be too late.

As the Russian walked, he began to let his thoughts, and orders flow freely. Each half-breed, practically finding themselves compelled to walk out in the streets. To do something that no one had ever thought to do. Dmitry gave them two things, a will to fight, and something so important it was unbelievable a demon would dare give this gift to the people...he gave them hope in their hearts. Every step Dmitry took, infected another mind with these odd feelings, and odd commands. Every few steps Dmitry would raise a revolver and fire it off, shooting down another one of the slowly panicking troopers. He had a plan, or at least the beginnings of one.

Alarms blared throughout Legens. Military trucks rolled into the streets, civilians either ran or rioted. Police and soldiers swarmed the vicinity, searching for the source of all this chaos. This was no elegant revolution; this was pandemonium. Stray bullets found their mark in the backs of fleeing bystanders. Over in the distance, a flag which held the regime's emblem burst into flames. Elsewhere firefighters worked in haste to combat the infernos of nearby buildings. Wilhelm merely stared on from his balcony, his generals and advisers already cowering in the citadel bunker. "It looks like that dog works faster than I presumed." he scoffed as he loaded his pistol. If Dmitry was looking for a fight, he was going to get one. Maybe now was a good time to use Schuster's new toy.

Several men began packing explosives along Hope's walls. Franz was going to have to do this the hard way. Soldiers' hands itched with anticipation; they'd been waiting far too long to do the Führer's bidding. They thought Franz a coward for simply not burning the settlement down. "If you refuse our presence now, we can grant your people no safety. The wall will is going down one way or another!" Franz shouted over to them with futility.

Dmitry smirked a bit, as the chaos began to ensue. He practically fed on it, his laugh ringing throughout the streets. Yet he was no where to be seen. He knew what was to be done, and he decided it would be while cruel, effective as ever. With a swift order to those in the ghettos, it was quite a simple one really. One that barely made sense, but certainly one that could only be made by a Russian. "Charge. No retreat. Period. You will find safety, if you follow." He said these orders calmly, yet they boomed throughout the battle field. As he finally chose to reveal himself. It seemed his short, and sweet plan to get into the city, to cause an uprising had worked well. It was a shame he wouldn't be able to do it again. However with what he had, he wouldn't need to.

Dmitry wished to bring this ghetto from chaos, to one driving force. He wanted to bring rebirth to the era of Soviet Communism. A time of power, unmatched by any other force. Slipping his pistols away, he pulled the pickaxe off his back. "CHARGE BROTHERS!" That was the final thing the man yelled, before he himself actually did the unthinkable for someone who wished to lead a military force. He actually started running toward the nearest group of soldiers. With only a workers tool in hand.

Whatever invisible force compelled all of this madness, it had to be stopped. A large portion of the military was sent out with Colonel Goebbels, so it would take time for reinforcements to arrive. Wilhelm knew he had to take things into his own hands. He bolted down into an elevator, and pushed his thumb to a button which was marked only with an "X". The citadel's catacombs. From all of Schuster's gathered research over the years, it was only a matter of time until some threat would surface from the inside. Wilhelm grit his teeth. He wished he sent a bullet into Dmitry's head the very moment they met. But seeing what he was capable of, it's not like that would make a difference. But there was one thing that could make a difference. After exiting the elevator, Wilhelm stepped onto a platform which oversaw a massive production floor. On an average day, these dark halls were filled with slaves and prisoners forging new weapons for the regime. Schuster found his greatest achievement by designing the ultimate weapon down here. Wilhelm referred to it as the "Iron Goliath". Engineering would never again think of something more destructive. The Führer opened the top hatch and entered the cramped hollow skull. The device was only 15 feet tall. Closing down the hatch, Wilhelm took a deep breath. The sound of machinery resembled a heartbeat. "May one of us die in glory." Wilhelm whispered. He slammed his fist down to a large, red button, and a large door opened to the streets. Hopefully he could find Dmitry before the city was lost.
steampunk-2dmilitary-2dtechnology-2d2.jpg

It took her a few moments to process what had happened, but once she had, Oriana grabbed Tuki's hand and ran behind a buildingt and out of the camp. This had been the exit she would usually take when going to get food for the desperate people of hope. It was difficult to drag Tuki along behind her since she was carrying an unborn baby.

After across the street, Oriana pointed at a ladder going to the roof of a building that looked to be still completely standing, other than the fact that it was abandoned, of course. "Up there, shutup and hide. I'll follow behind you." The alleyway smelled dank and there was garbage scattered everywhere on the ground. She didnt know wether anyone would find them here but it would have to do, Tuki looked exhausted.

Dmitry would not stop, and he could not stop. But now he was starting to disappear and reappear constantly. Let alone on different sides of the battlefield he was making, even different districts entirely. Each time, stopping only to shoot a few random soldiers to cause confusion. However he kept up this little routine of moving around, until he was in front of Wilhelm's creation. However he wasn't just in front of the man, he was right on it, standing in front of the cockpit window. Smiling at the man, he stuck his tongue out, before just completely disappearing.

Dmitry could not help these people win a war, with just thoughts alone. They would have to win it themselves, but there was one distinct characteristic to be seen. Not a single one of them would dare to give up. These weak, inbred scum, were fighting back, and they would prefer death to surrender. A key though that Dmitry had given to each one. Certainly no large amount would escape, but Dmitry could sense small, very small groups of one to three would leave the city, and start to head for the location Dmitry had put inside their minds. "So my little pet, did I do good today?" He asked, as a little ferret popped out of his sleeve. The animal squeaked at him, ran up his arm, and began to nuzzle against his face.

"Now then, what should I do about Hope? Probably very little, such a shame. Hopefully from a fleeting thought, the survivors may find a way to here, or somewhere else safe."

Status
Not open for further replies.