Side Effects

She nodded at the idea and continued to look at the spot where Lyle disappeared on. "I hope he'll be okay." She watched him walk down the creek and debated if she should stay and try to find him. Maybe he didn't teleport that far? She spun around a couple time and scanned the area before she decided that he'll probably find them sooner or later. Hopefully. She ran towards the man Vince and realized something. "Yea, I think it would be better for you to take the lead."

After a while, she noticed how hey hadn't said a word since they left the creek. She didn't like how awkward it felt. So she tried to start a conversation to keep there minds busy on the travel. "Those pills sure do work. I haven't had pains all day. What about you? Have you been feeling sad since you took those pills?"

"Uh, no I guess not. I suppose besides all that has happened....I'm pretty happy." Vince hadn't thought about how the pills, minus the effects, actually worked. It just made him more puzzled on why they caused this unworldly after effects. As they walked they eventually came upon a news van and a short distance away a reporter was starting his report for the news. He began, "Not even an hour ago, three unidentified individuals were seen fleeing a car wreck on Daisy Avenue. Eye witness Carol Shanley has shown police officers video evidence of what is being called supernatural events between the three hostiles, which they are now being called. An officer as been killed, but we are not officially allowed to release details. The video itself is also not allowed to be shown on live television due to confidentiality. More will be reported as it comes in. This is Jack Frencik with channel 11 news." Vince waited around to see if the reporter would leave, but for now he remained. "We can not let these guys see us. It's unfortunate we are already on the news. That means the police are not the only ones we need to worry about now."

"Well that's good. At least we know that they work.." she said with an awkward smile. They really do work. Maybe a little too well. As they continued on with there journey, she let her mind wander. Did any of the news stations released a photo? And is they did, did her parents see it? She wanted to cry right there. She's just realized on how much her life has changed because of some pills. She would never be able to see them again. She would never be able to see her friends again. She was probably fall into a depression. And if she did she had the pills to deal with it...

She was pulled out of her reverie when she heard a voice other than Vince's. She instantly wanted to smile. They would be able to help. And then she realized that no one would be able to help. After seeing that they were news reporters she frowned. Probably spreading lies about how they're dangerous. She listened to what they had to say and realized that they weren't wrong. They really had killed someone. Well Vince did. But it was an accident. She was sure that he wouldn't kill anybody purposely. At least that's what she wanted to believe.

She knew that they needed a distraction for them to be able to pass. She looked at the surroundings and saw that her choices were slim. "Any ideas on how to distract them?"

"Well I'm sure it would be easy to cause commotion with our new found strength, and you could melt a few things." He was being sarcastic before actually thinking about a serious plan of action. He noticed that a truck was stopped that contained gasoline. "Ok, this isn't going to be pretty. But we should be able to use that truck over there to cause a fire, perhaps distract people long enough to make a run for the fields away from the city. I just hope no one gets hurt." Vince hadn't fully come to terms with the fact he had murdered someone. He really didn't mean to, it was the wrong place at the wrong time. He could say it was self defense, but throwing a car wasn't something that would hold up in court. He just sighed and shook his head, looking around for something that might be able to ignite the gasoline.

She looked at him and smirked. "And now you want to use our powers," she said jokingly. "I know that I might be talking out of my ass right now, but do you think that maybe a tree falling on the truck could spark a fire? Or just make a good enough distraction?" She honestly had no idea what she was saying about the tree sparking a fire, but she knew that a tree falling would be a big enough distraction. "You want to do the honors? Or shall I?"

"I hate to ask this, but could you. I know there will be pain but I can carry you away quickly. Well, if you're up to it, do your magic." Vince smiled reassuringly and waited. He hoped his hardest that this would work. It was really all they had. Vince "bulked up" if you will and waited for her to create the distraction.

She nodded and smiled. "It's a pleasure." She turned to the news van and looked around to find the closest tree. She found one, the biggest one of them all. It would be a challenge. Then she tried to think of how she actually did it. The only time it actually worked is when she was mad. So that's exactly what she did. She thought about the day that she just said and also pictured the bottom of the tree disintegrating. The flecks of wood slowly crumbling, making the tree tip more and more until if finally fell onto the van. She thought she would be ready for the pain, but she was so not ready for this. She crumpled to the ground with a loud thump, every part of her feeling as if it was on fire. And the sharp pains.....they multiplied to the infinity. She couldn't help the screams that came from her, but she expected them that they were so distracted from the tree that they wouldn't even think twice about it.

Vince covered her mouth and picked her up. He then ran the opposite direction of the incident. People gathered around the van as it sparked and dented. He ran as fast as he could towards the fields before finally making it. He stopped in the middle of the tall grass before setting her down. He made sure she was comfortable as he waited out the pain she felt. He felt horrible as he saw her rivet in pain "I'm sorry." was all he could say. It seemed like a better idea back by the van.

She didn't like it when people put there hands on her mouth. It was a pet peeve of hers. She wanted to shake off his hands, but she knew why he was doing it in the first place. Even though she wanted to stop screaming, she just couldn't. The pain was so much to bear, she had to. She clawed into the ground when he set her down. After what felt like hours, the pain slowly subsided until it was gone completely. She stayed on the ground, panting and sweating. "There's...nothing that....you....should be....sorry about."

Vince still remained feeling horrible about it all. He put his hand on her cheek and caressed a bit to install some sort of comfort for her. he then moved his hand away. "I think we will be safe for now. I hope. No one should be around." He got up and looked around, which was difficult with all the tall grass the surrounded them. "I wish Lyle would come back. We need to all be together. It would help out so much more." He then started thinking of there next move.

She grinned and mouthed a thank you to him at his efforts on trying to make her feel better. She stood up and dusted herself as she looked around at her surroundings. Just grass. Nothing more. Nothing less. "Yea, I actually miss the little guy," she says with a small laugh. She loved being able to refer people as little guy or little girl. It made her feel grown up. She was rethinking that now. "I think the first thing we need to do is find shelter. After that, we can try to find him. Sound like a plan?"

Vince nodded in approval. "I'll scout down over there where the tree line stops." He started over to there. As he walked he replayed all the events in his head. What would his family think of him. What would anyone think of him. According to the law he was a criminal now. The worst past was it was not his choice whatsoever.

Leona didn't really know what to do after he went off. Should she go on a small hunt herself. She didn't want to complain but she was actually kinda hungry. She was hoping she would find some kind of fruit tree, or something. She walked a short distance before she heard a small shuffling in the grass. Who the hell would be out there. She tip-toed around the grass and peeked through and saw something she wish she didn't. She saw a group of 3 with guns and body armor. She could barely hear what they were saying but she could pick up the most essential words. Paisine....hostile....run aways.....taken down.....dead.....alive.... She didn't stick around to hear anymore. She ran. Faster than she ran in her life. There were people after them, trying to kill them. As she continued to run, she started to yell for Vince. "Vince!! Vince, wherever you are, RUN!!" She didn't know how much time they had until they would start looking for them. All she knew is that they needed to get out of there fast. Even if there was a chance of them not being to find each other after wards.

Lyle was almost down the street heading towards the police station. He then stopped looking back.
"Scream?" Lyle though hard and teleported to the last spot he was near the couple. He stood on the branch gripping his chest yet again from the intense heat from Hell. He fell down and land on his knees.

Lyle got up and walked slowly to where the scream was. He leaped into a tree and peered through the branches. He spotted four men with firearms and armor. Something controlled his body as he was being spoken too.

"You are unworthy...You abuse the powers of the great hellion..I'll now be taking control." Lyle felt his eyes roll back into his eyes as he crawled out into the branch like a hunting panther.

Azazel

Azazel felt rivorageted as his soulless eyes took the form of his host. He looked at his red skin,spaded tail,and horns. He smiled letting his fangs droop on his bottom lip. He watched the humans and grew amused by them. He felt it would be fun to challenge them. Azazel grabbed his head angrily. He could feel the suppressed human try to break free. Azazel chuckled and leaped into the air.

He teleported in the middle of the soldiers. He then began to do the same all around covering the area in black smoke from his hole in dimensions(teleporting) He teleported on the shoulders of one man and swung his body forward. He threw the man into another. As they fell Azazel teleported behind another man. He grabbed the back of the man's neck and ripped outward. He could hear the cocking of weapons. Azazel quickly drop kicked the still standing dead body of the headless man towards whoever had the gun.

He then walked forward and picked up the two scared men. He held them by the throat and teleported. He took them to hell and watched them squirm. He chuckled opening his mouth. A blue aura came out of the men's bodies and entered Azazel. He dropped the men when he was done and teleported back. He stood beside one last man.

Azazel spoke to the man. "Death is certain..Why prolong the wait?" The soldier charged Azazel. Azazel sidestepped and used his tail to take the man's combat knife. He then placed the knife in his hand and waited for the next charge. Azazel smirked seeing the rusty tip of the soldier's bayonet. He thought the soldier was dumb for not simply reloading. As the man charged again Azazel sidestepped only this time he left his arm out and heard a connection of steel and flesh. He let go of the blade now stuck in the soldier's heart.

He walked away as the smoke cleared heading back to the treetops. He teleported above the human's friends. "Time's up.." he whispered.

Lyle

Lyle was given back his body now above the female of the group. He couldn't believe he was possesed..He then felt the pains. He gasped and fell out the tree. He landed on his back. He hopped the other's didn't freak out.. He wrapped his tail around his leg but new it was hopeless. He knew he couldn't hide the horns or red skin. He closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

She had to stop to catch her breath. She'd felt like she had just ran a marathon. She hunched over and took short raspy breaths. She had to have lost them by now. But now she was alone. She knew that there would be a risk for that when she saw the group of men but she did that to keep them both alive. She leaned against a tree and thought about her next move. She decided that she would continue to look for food and/or shelter. Which ever appeared first. She was even more hungry now from that run.

She was about to start running again when she heard that rustling again. But there were no grass around. But there were leaves and branches. There were up in the trees! She stepped back for the tree that she was leaning on and looked up. She saw someone falling. She decided that she wasn't going to run anymore and just face the man. There were only one of them, she could deal with that.

The man landed on the ground with a loud thud. He probably was already dead. It looked like a long fall. She actually looked at the man and wanted to scream bloody murder. The man had red skin and horns. But he looked really familiar. It was Lyle!! She got onto her knees beside him and felt for a pulse. He was alive and well. She tried to revive him bu shaking him lightly. "Lyle? Are you okay?"

Vince had heard the commotion from a distance and started running back. "Who the hell was that?" he thought as he sprinting towards it. Finally he stopped and saw Leona by a person he did not recognize. It was until he came closer than he realized it was Lyle. "What the hell happened? What is wrong with him?" Vince was completely confused and crouched down by her. "Are you ok Leona?"

"I ran into some guys with guns a while back and then I started running. I think they're hunting us down. I stopped here to take a break and then Lyle just fell out of the tree." She sat down beside Lyle and looked at Vince. "I'm fine, are you? Did you find anything?"

"I'm fine, but I didn't get far enough out of the field to see anything before I turned back. Now that we have more than officers after us, it's going to make things a lot harder." Vince stared down at Lyle for a brief moment. "We have to move. They may still be out there and getting closer. Not to mention if they will bring more to assist. I'll carry Lyle. You'll have to take point on this one. Just be vigilant. We'll head west towards the town limits. Seattle is not to far from here. Not that a city is the best place to be, but perhaps we can find more of us to join. With a city that large, it's not impossible." Vince picked up Lyle gently and prepared to follow Leona.

"Um, okay..." She was never the best leader. And her parents always tried to teach her to be one. Now she'd have to man up. Lucky for her she actually knew where they were and how to get to the town. She also knew all of the traps that poachers had set up over the years. Maybe she could use that to her advantage. As she headed towards town, she picked up all the traps that she knew about and set them on there trail, covering them with leaves and sticks. She hoped that that would be good enough to hold some of them off but she knew after the first they would stay on there toes. Literally. She chuckled at the thought. Big army guys prancing around on the toes. She shook the thought out of her head and kept walking. She started to run when she heard the sound of tires scraping against asphalt. "We're here."

Vince set lyle down and looked around. "Alright, this looks harder than I had previously imagined." He thought of different ways to approach Seattle. It would be easy to just start throwing shit around and hopefully someone who didn't freak out would come over because they too had an ability and saw this as normal. That plan just sounded ridiculous and instead he scouted out a safe passage. He didn't know if people knew what they looked like. Then again given Lyle's new appearance, it wouldn't work to just walk right in. "Ugh, I don't know what to do!" Vince was getting angry at the fact they kept running into problems. He clinched his fists and was honestly ready to walk out to the street and take his anger out on the first car he saw.