Shin Megami Tensei: Persona (Sheets/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always found the lack of Persona and jojo crossover art slightly disturbing.

tumblr_mehs0zwBQL1r7c7iro1_1280.jpg

(If you're unfamiliar with Jojo, it basically inspired the concept of the Persona.)

Anyways, I've actually never played persona 2... Neither Eternal Punishment or Innocent Sin. Should I go see what I missed if it's relevant at all to the RP?

The Irish Rambler, darkred
Name: Malachi Iollan Ruari

Appearance: (The glasses are actually sunglasses, and the coat is a long coat)
BrandonOff_zpsa3635a43.jpg

Back Story: Malachi's considered something of a slacker. He grew up with divorced parents who fought back and forth for custody of him, and typically he ignored them. He spent his times either online or in books, essentially avoiding the world around him. This resulted in him being considered a recluse, causing people to avoid him even further. He used this to his advantage, reading more, and learning as much as he possibly could.

Eventually, he came across information on gambling, and decided to put his newly found knowledge to the test. It was like it had ignited a flame inside of him that he couldn't put out. Not that he wanted to of course. He started gambling frequently, which wasn't too much of a problem as he was quite good at it. It didn't matter to him that it was illegal, and he fell in with what might be considered a bad crowd. He started drinking when he was sixteen, but he never let it interfere with his playing.

He rarely interacts with his family, on either end. They messed up a lot of his life, and he holds them responsible for it. He's still in school at his age due to the divorce when he was younger. He ended up being pulled out of schools and moved around a lot and it impacted him rather negatively. He's two years behind where he should be, putting him at graduating in the present year. That's assuming he doesn't get any worse in his slacking though. He spends most of his class time running numbers in his head, calculating the best strategies for card games. He thinks of things in a simple manner, but has incredibly complex thoughts.

Traits: He's a little on the strange side to most people. He thinks abstractly and uses it to his advantage. He's got a penchant for gambling, but avoids dice games. He calculates his odds of winning just about everything he attempts to do. He's also quite fond of thunderstorms. He's somewhat of a loner, but as of late it's not out of choice, but rather that most people avoid him any more. It's rare to see him without a book in his hand, or one of his many pocket watches that he seems to collect.

Arcana: Fortune
Persona:
PZO9202-Nethys.jpg
Persona Strengths: Nethys' strength lies in his incredible luck. He's attuned to electricity, and channels that in his movements as well, with high agility, and moderate magick. He prefers to get up close and personal with his enemies, and then back off quickly using hit and run tactics.
Persona Weaknesses: His endurance and strength are both fairly low, and he has a very very low tolerance for ice.
Other:
  • Malachi has a tattoo on the back of his neck of an eye with a cross running through the center of it surrounded by a series of runes.
  • He also collects pocket watches and books.
  • He has a motorcycle which only seems to feed the negative rumours about him
  • He's a skilled linguist, and speaks three languages fairly well, and is teaching himself several others.

Last edited:
Name: Derek Smalls
anime_guy_12.jpg

like so, but without the glasses, and usually smiling. Also not wearing a coat
Backstory:
The Small's family just moved into town from an average Texan city. Derek's father John packed the clan and moved west after being offered a major promotion from his company BramCo (They produce dog toys, school supplies, and military grade weaponry, but mostly the dog toys). This is sort of a big deal, as Mr. and Mrs. Small's had only recently recovered after the loss of Derek's older sister Heather, who died six years ago at the age of 16.

Traits:
Despite a tough second half of his short life, Derek has remained a mostly cheerful soul. He makes an effort to be nice to everybody, helps classmates with the subjects he's good at (which is english and math to a lesser degree). He has a very strong sense of right and wrong, and will actively stand up to anyone he finds crossing the line.

Being the person who would make dinner when his parents were too wiped out from work and mourning, Derek became quite the cook. His only other hobbies are singing (not in public or around people mind you), playing board games, and playing the MMO Innocent Sin (on a private server, the official servers went down a LONG time ago).

In spite of himself, Derek absolutely adores musicals, but will often try to hide that fact. The inside of his closet back at his old home has a section of playbills from shows he watched with his family back when it was a family of four.

Arcana: Justice

Persona:Phanuel ("the Face of God") here as described as a giant with four wings, holding up a giant throne.
Strengths: Phanuel's main role in combat is lending support. He has weak single target heals, but specializes in spreading buffs to his friends. He also has magnificent staying power and a single light spell.
Weaknesses: His damage dealing ability is outright pathetic. His light spell works extremely rarely.

Other:
Most people who know Derek personally just assume he's asexual. This is not the case, but that's a story for a nother time

Last edited by a moderator:
@Requiem Approved. Oddly litteral yet fitting approach to Fortune. I like it.

@Magician's_Advisor approved. Other than that Innocent Sin Online is shut down by this point, no problems.

@Relish Souji (I don't care if it's Yuu, that makes spoken conversation awkward) as Giorno kills me for some reason. Also, probably fine to not play P2 (even though its my favorite one), since I'm just comparing for my own use. In P2, non-player characters would fight with their Persona and Self seperate, and you had to defeat both. Since the magic came from the Persona, usually defeating the Persona first would make a much easier fight.

With all these people who've been approved, I'm ready to start, and will probably start it up tomorrow. I need time for the intro post. Applications are still open, though, and probably will be for a while into the story.

Reactions: 2 people
I actually just based the character off myself truth be told. I also considered The Fool as my Arcana, but decided Fortune would be better suited.

Fortune's Easy-Come-Easy-Go was a better choice than Fool's Jack-Of-All-Trades, honestly.

Sorry to bother you digiexpert, but I wanted to make sure you saw this post -> Post about IC speaking <- I want to make sure I have your opinion on it before my first IC post.

Angel of Castiel Why, yes, yes you can say he's adorable :3 *fist pump for beating out Relish's character on the adorable factor* Cats are cheating. :p

Requiem I said your character's name out loud to a friend and literally pronounced it mal-i-chi to which my friend asked, "You mean mal-i-ka-ee?" So how do you pronounce it? I'm asking because there will probably be slight name shenanigans with my character since he has to try and make his phone pronounce names the way they are said to him. (and he might misspell your name along with pretty much everyone else's when he writes) Also, to save time (since he gets bored typing/writing) he might give people really short nicknames, so knowing how your character's name is pronounced is kinda important for that.

And speaking of crossovers, you know what we really need? Ouran High School Host Club x Persona 3!
usa_chan_cosplaying_as_junpei_by_ejtheotaku101-d3gqmwe.jpg
Anyone? ...Anyone...? No? Ooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaay. *slinks away*

While I question why you need to color your text at all, since if you're writing right, it should be obvious by you either saying it (i.e., "I want to go to the store", he signed. Or, "I want to go to the store," he thought) or from context, I don't find it confusing at all.

That should work for the name pronunciation. Unfortunately I'm terrible at explaining phonetics over text (Or explaining anything in general) so I decided to just find a video that pronounced it right. Further unfortunately, there were only two videos of the pronunciation, and the other version sounded awkward, so I got stuck with this one.

Edit: Didn't work the way it was supposed to. Anyway, name pronunciation doesn't start until 1:38

Last edited:
The coloring scheme is for people who read easier with a color scheme. (I find it much easier to read through posts that are colored because is makes dialogue/thoughts pop and there isn't a giant block of white text that just blahs in my face) It's a personal preference really. If you yourself aren't a fan of colored text, just say the word and I'll write it without color.

Haha! Thanks Requiem! I'm Obadiah-ing over here! (completely and utterly horrible pun is completely and utterly horrible)

Thanks @digiexpert for the green light. I'm still a tad new to forum roleplays, so I'm sure I'll make a lot of mistakes, so please let me know if I do something that doesn't work

Time for lists! :) Largely copied from the wiki, since I'm on a phone at the moment. Strike through = taken.

Edit: Now with links to character profiles - thanks Xylime!

Major Arcana
Minor Arcana
Other info / stats:
  • Males: 5
  • Females: 4
  • Oldest character: 21
  • Youngest character: 15
Anything I missed, just let me know.

So wait, are we going to have one player for each major arcana?

QUESTION: Do we need an Evoker? if no, how are the Persona summoned?
Name:
Chevron "Ron" Elarom

Age and Gender:
Fifteen, Male

Appearance:
CIA6pPu.png

Most often seen in his 'trademark' cat-eared hoodie. Chevron's features are as vibrant as his fashion sense, what with teal mid-length hair and mischeivous amber-brown iris. Underneath the hoodie is a plain shirt and shorts, followed by knee-socks and a comfortable pair of converse, the same shade as his hoodie.

Backstory:
The mystery of his heritage has never been something that Chevron dwelled on too much for the last fifteen years of his life. He was told that his parents were 'European-Americans', and that was enough for him. Besides, he had better things to focus than something so trivial.

Chevron's family would most likely be considered upper-midle class; both his parents are diligent and decent in their jobs. Jason generally works online as an IT professional, while Florence works as a travel nurse. Long story short, Jason and Florence hooked up after a coincidental meeting during a business trip. They were quite amused at how their situations were quite fitting; Jason could work wherever as long as he had his machines and Florence's work required her to travel every year. That meant they didn't need to be separated due to work, and they got along well.

During their travels they gave birth to their son, Chevron, though their travelling lifestyle did not change until he was old enough to enter the final years of primary school. Chevron's childhood was, perhaps, a gift just as much as it was a curse. He was quite an active boy, enjoying the different places he visited due to his parent's work. He also inherited their dilligence, finding enjoyment in learning from workbooks and personal teachings of his parents as much as playing with the local kids. He soon realized though that every end of the year meant farewell to his friends, as his parents moved to the next place that needed the healing hands of a travel nurse. Most if not all of them had little access to the internet, and besides it wasn't as if they were capable of understanding each other; while he picked up various phrases and letters from the countries he visited, he wasn't fluent enough. Their friendship had lasted only because they physically got together, kicking a ball around or playing tag and all that. The bitterness of farewells, each and every one of them settled in his heart, though he did not openly expressed them; those feelings seemingly disappeared after a new set of friends, though they returned with more impact every year.

Around the time he was twelve was when he finally blurted out this inner feelings to his parents; he knew they were working for the greater good and it wasn't their fault, but he couldn't hold it in any longer. Having seen how their son had been suffering, Jason and Florence finally settled down, getting a place in the States. From then on Chevron became like any other boy his age; making friends and attending a private school and all that. Or so it seemed, but as he transitioned to middle school and as puberty kicked in it became more and more apparent that his childhood had made his attitudes and thoughts develop in a different direction to his peers. The way his 'friends' seemed to care so much about material things or looking 'cool' had provided a definite gap between their relationship, which made Chevron remember the pain of losing his friends. He could not bear to go through that again, and after much dilemma and effort he was able to shape his personality and appearance to that which he did not feel like he was faking it too much, while managing to keep enough of his friends. It was still imperfect, he knew, from how many he had lost in the process, but it was better than nothing.

He just had to make more friends for his own needs.

Traits:
The main perk of Chevron would probably be the way he can stay in control of himself. He naturally has a vigorous side of him which loves having fun, playing together with others and to a certain extent tease them. This part of him usually reigns free, doing things seemingly on impulse and daring. That is, until he gets to a point or a situation where he deems necessary to stamp on the brakes, letting his head cool down. Think of it like a blazing fire suddenly turning into mere embers, I suppose. This mental mechanism of his developed from observing Florence while she was working as a nurse as well as what he saw there. The areas they visited were often depraved and barren places after a war where even the slightest mistake from unable to control your curiosity could lead you to your end.

Perhaps his childhood had also played a part in his 'morally grey' mindset too. He doesn't exactly see the bad in anything that's done in moderation and is easily convinced to sound logic.

There aren't that many distinct likes and dislikes that affects Chevron from learning to adapt to what his peers enjoy. He does seem to get overly happy when receiving gifts and friendly comments. Also hugs and head patting, those he loves. If there is one thing he absolutely abhors though, it's getting wet. He can't swim either, so a big body of water is another no no.

Chevron has the ability to pick up what language someone is speaking or written somewhere from observing, though he can't exactly decipher it except a few odd words here and there. Apart from that he's quite athletic, able to climb and jump with force. He's also more used to a hotter climate than Nevada, allowing him to wear his favourite hoodie unless it's unusually boiling weather.

Oh, by the way Chevron's quite fond of making physical contact with others and will often attempt to hug or latch onto others. He enjoys openly saying perverted things or actions, but he's only playing so if it escalates too much or the victim other member doesn't like it too much, he does stop.

Arcana:
Temperance

Persona:
Badb Catha - Also known as 'Battle Crows', this Persona takes on the form of a giant crow with steel-hard feathers and beak. Depending on the attack, it is capable of splitting to a murder of average sized crows and back.

Persona strengths:
Badb Catha's main affinity is wind, however it is a Persona which is more reliant on using physical based attacks, with wind as supportive element or last resort. It does not harbour any immunity to elements, though it is capable of taking a number of hits before any concern is issued. This Persona's stats are well-rounded.

Persona weaknesses:
Being a well-rounded Persona means that anything with focused agility will most likely outspeed it and anything with focused strength would hit harder, etc. As a Persona of flight, it can be said to be weak to attacks which will cripple its movement, like stone or heavy falling objects.

Other:
-His cat-eared hoodie is named 'Chesire'.
-Most if not all his friends thinks his name is 'Ron'. That's what he introduces himself as. Oddly enough Jason calls him 'Chev'.
-If it wasn't obvious Jason and Florence is his parents. And yes he calls them by their first name.
-I dunno, I like putting a 'theme' for my characters. Ignore the visuals, focus on the tune. :'D

driftingstar When you're on a computer, do you see the number at the bottom of a post next to bookmark and reply? (^ There should be a #37 on Relish's post above) If you click on the number, there will be a pop-up. Copy what's given and tada! You have the information needed to link to that specific post! (Note: I've never been able to see the number on my phone, only on a computer)

Silly me, saying I would have the post ready by thursday. I forgot that ACEN was a thing when I said that and didn't have a chance to correct myself. I'm home now, though, and will attempt to get it up as soon as possible.

@Uuko I like how you present both the challenges and flaws inherent in Temperance, as well as the good qualities. Approved. And to answer your question: No evokers. That's cheating. You'll see the precise method later.

Huh, I had a couple of friends prepping for ACEN... Anyway, welcome back

Status
Not open for further replies.