Shadows Beneath

Do you prefer fantasy roleplays set in the past? The modern time? Or in the future?

• Past

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Present

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Future

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Chuckling to himself he watched Ayame from the corner of his eye. He really enjoyed causing people to get flustered. But his face soon twisted into a frown, sensing that something changed in her attitude. "Why did she cross her arms....? Didn't that mean that she got defensive for some reason? Or did she get upset? " He thought to himself. Was it something he said? Was he asking too many questions? Will further inquiring worsen the situation? He sighed, deciding not to bother himself about this subject anymore.

After a ten minutes of silent walking he decided to finally speak up again, trying to break the slightly awkward silence "Well... i guess it is my turn to tell a bit of myself, ain't it? I have been travelling all around this country researching creatures and beings from other worlds... Then i heard about this place. I heard many rumors that this place is usually used to travel through different dimensions and such.... I make my living by playing cards at places where i stay, so i can afford to eat on my travels." He nervously fiddles the necklace around his neck, hoping that her mood doesn't get even worse. If it did he could be in deep trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alution resisted the urge to duck away as the demon approached him. If he snapped at the demon's hand, that would surely aggravate the creature, and he really didn't want that. A mildly suspicious look appeared on the creatures face. His claws kneaded the earth with his uneasiness before he finally spread the injured wing. His sharp blue gaze never left the demon.

Last edited:
Shino noticed the uneasiness from the gryphon and looked at it's blue eyes with his golden one's and gave it a reassuring smile. His face then became serious when he went over to look at the gryphon's injured wing. "The injury isn't too bad, so i'm sure it'll heal in no time," he said as he inspected the wound. Shino then took out a cloth that he had and looked at it for a while, wondering what he should do. I can't wrap the wound with a cloth, I guess I can just wash the blood off and clean it. He thought to himself as he stood up. "We should get that wound cleaned up so it doesn't get infected," Shino suggested, while wondering if he should leave the gryphon there so he could soak the cloth in water or ask if it wanted to come along.

"I'm going to soak this cloth with water to clean your wound. You wanna come with me or stay here?" He asked the gryphon waiting for it to give a sign if it would follow or not.

It would be safer to accompany the demon, as there was nothing to stop a more hostile threat from coming upon the scene. At least with the demon he had some amount of protection, albeit he still had his doubts. He nodded softly and stepped towards the demon. He looked at him expectantly as he waited for him to lead the way to water.

Shino took the sign of the dragon following him as an agreement and and led the way to the lake with the cloth in his hand. When he got to the lake, he bent down and stuck the cloth in to soak with water and took it out to drain the excess water. He then went over to the gryphon and knelt down near it's wing. "I'm just going to clean your wound," Shino spoke softly as he looked at the gryphon to see if it would allow him to the clean the wound without it thrashing around. Though as of now, it seemed to be calm and Shino felt that he didn't need to worry so much about it.

Alution followed quietly behind the demon until they reached the lake. He got a drink from the lake and laid down, watching as the demon got ready to help him. The gryphon was very aware of his surroundings. Just in case another creature came on the scene, he didn't want to be caught with his guard down. He spread out his injured wing when the demon knelt down beside him.

When the gryphon spread out his injured wing, Shino took the soaked cloth and gently cleaned the wound. Once he finished, he went to rinse off the cloth and went over to the gryphon. "Well, i'm done. So I guess you can go if you want to," Shino stated as he looked the gryphon in the eyes. I wonder if he'll be okay though since his wing is injured. He might not be able to get away in time if something happens, Shino thought to himself. "You'll be okay on your own now, right?" Shino questioned.

Although he said that, he gave a concerned look to the gryphon and thought it would be best for it to make it's own decision.

Alution watched as the demon tended to his wing. He shook out his wings when the demon said he was finished. If his wing was sore now, it would be even worse tomorrow. Considering how hesitant he was to fly now, flight would be out of the question tomorrow. Clearly displeased about this, his thoughts went to the many land-based threats that were most likely in the area. His unfamiliarity with this area didn't help him any in the case of being pursued on the ground. His long, feather-tipped tail flicked in annoyance. He shook his head no in response to the demon's question, his gaze fixed on the ground.

Seeing the gryphon flick his tail and shake it's head, Shino gave it a questioning look. I guess he really can't fly with an injured wing, Shino thought as he looked up at the sky. I wonder what happened for it to get injured. "I can find place for you to stay since i'm familiar with this area." Shino spoke as he thought of where would be a safe place for the gryphon to stay. "It's not safe to bring you back with me since the population of humans are larger there," he said mostly to himself.

"I'll probably have to find somewhere for you to stay for the time being. I can't just leave you here," Shino spoke as he looked at the gryphon. "By the way, do you have a name?" Shino asked, not really expecting the gryphon to give him an answer.

Alution's gaze flicked back up to the demon as he spoke. He supposed that the demon had earned his trust. His neck was getting sore from all the nodding and the head shaking, too, so maybe it was time for him to speak. Deciding to simply answer his question, the gryphon spoke. "Alution." His stronger, deeper voice seemed to betray his small stature, and he had a feeling that the demon wouldn't think that it was his voice.

When he waited for some sort of response, Shino heard an unfamiliar voice that came from the gryphon, catching him off guard. The voice sounded nothing like how he would have thought the the gryphon would sound like, but he somehow felt glad that he spoke to him. "Shino. The names Shino," he introduced himself to Alution in return with a smile.

"How did you get your wing injured?" Shino asked curiously, the very question that had bothered him the entire time.

The gryphon nodded softly, devoting the demon's name to memory. He seemed to hesitate upon Shino's question, once again growing a bit embarrassed. "Coming though the mist. I thought I was out so I thought about what threats there were in this world, turns out I wasn't out yet." Alution explained simply.

"Well, it happens," Shino said with a a quiet laugh. "Don't worry, it happened to me too when I first came here," he stated when Alution got embarrassed. "So, how about we a find a place for you stay for the time being?" Shino suggested. "I can't really bring you to a place where the human population is massive," he said as he thought of ideas. "Do you have anywhere to go? Or is there any of your kind that you know that lives here?" He asked.

Shino laughing a bit at him really didn't help him much, but he was relieved to hear that he wasn't the only one to make that mistake. He looked up at the demon upon hearing his question. "No. Coming here was more of a last ditch effort than a real plan." Alution spoke with a small frown.

"You could stay with me if you wanted, but i'm sure you would rather stay somewhere safer," Shino spoke without realizing he categorized himself along with all the other demons as dangerous. Though it was partially the truth that being around him might cause some trouble. "So, what do you want to do?Your decision," Shino said as he looked away from Alution to give him some time to think about what he wanted to do.

"You're trying to help me. Another demon would try to kill me." Alution logically reasoned as he looked out at the lake. He didn't have a lot of options. Either go with the friendly demon or get left out as a snack to whatever other creatures might be in the area during this strange time where worlds came together. Fact of the matter was that he didn't know of a single safe place in the human world. "I think my best bet would be going with you." He stated as he turned his gaze back to Shino.

"I hope your right about that," Shino said quietly in response to Alutions best bet. Even i'm not sure if i'm safe here, but I guess i'll just have to look after him. I can't abandon this little guy. Shino thought to himself as he thought of a place that had less people that they could stay at. "I think I might have a place somewhere near here that you can stay at for the time being, but we'll probably have to leave soon. I'm not someone who can stay in one place if you know what I mean," Shino said, indicating that there were some people who were probably after him. He then turned to the direction where they would head and began walking at a pace where he wouldn't leave Alution behind. I sure as hell hope I don't see those other demons in my sight, because i'll kill them if it's the last thing I do, Shino thought as the atmosphere around him darkened.

Alution nodded softly, understanding Shino's predicament. His paws were silent against the earth as he followed along after the demon. He kept quiet, letting his new companion have some private thoughts as they went off to wherever they might be going. It was probably better moving around, as the gryphon didn't know if his pursuers had decided to jump worlds. Privately, he wondered who might be after Shino.

Having become lost in her own thoughts as they walked, mostly wondering about that blood she'd smelled earlier and if anything had or would happen. She glanced at the human for a moment, looking him over before a sigh escaped her lips and she looked to the side again. Yeah, there was no way he'd be able to effectively defend himself. She'd have to protect both of them if that were to happen, but she hoped it didn't. Not that she had a problem with that, but still. From there her thoughts wandered again to the friends she would soon be able to see. When Tony suddenly spoke to her, she ended up jumping with surprise, almost tripping forward but managing to catch herself.

Her face flushed red again as she hoped the human boy didn't notice her stumble, and tried to cover it up by turning the stumble into a skip to move more beside than behind him as they walked. "Th-That's interesting. So you really like spiritual beings, huh?" She blinked after thinking a moment, heart calming down from her almost-fall. "But... what are cards?" It may have sounded like she was joking, but the half demon was quite serious in her inquiry.

As Shino walked carefully around the vines, he often turned to check on Alution in his peripheral vision to make sure nothing had happened. As they were nearing the destination, an abandoned house was in their view. It wasn't really run down, it was still useful, especially for the time being. There also weren't many people, if any, who knew about it. "I don't think anyone knows about this place yet," Shino stated as he walked in front of the house, looking at it as if he were reminiscing something. "The previous owners died and I haven't seen anyone come near it since," he mentioned as he turned to Alution with a smile. "It's not that great, but it'll keep us safe for the night I suppose." He said as he opened the door to the small, moss covered house. Though rather than a house, it was more like a cottage considering how small it was compared to a regular house that most humans built now a days in the village. "Make yourself at home I guess," he spoke as he opened the door for Alution.