Shadowed Stars

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
{I know you won't. I never doubted that. I know you won't breathe a word.}

The words would ghost through her mind, fainter than a whisper as Keene's telepathy gave a brief, small flare, unnoticed by him at all. No, he was focused on making Tessa hate him again. If she hated him, she couldn't be hurt because of him. Rasheel didn't care about people who didn't like him - then again, very few people liked him. She only went after anyone that could bring him pain by being hurt, killed, corrupted. And she'd promised to destroy his life all over again if he didn't give her Arthur's heir.

He'd learned not to dismiss those warnings.

His face twisted in a snarl, coldness flashing through his green eyes as he purposely tried to be as a**like as possible. "Stop trying to make yourself feel better by trying to fix me, Carontessa! If I wanted comfort I'd find my mother. If I wanted lies I'd find my father. You know nothing about me. You don't have a clue if I chose to let people die or not. You don't know what I've done or the reasons I've done it. You have no idea the decisions I'll make in the future. You thought me killing a Galactic General was bad? You don't have a clue just how ruthless I am."

Okay that last part was a complete lie, he wasn't ruthless like that, but Keene didn't care. He was closing himself in, his walls growing harder, thicker the more he said, but the hybrid wasn't aware he was reaching out in another way, his power, his spirit much stronger and more determined than his abused mind. The words that whispered through Tessa's head were almost said in the voice of a child. His subconscious was simple in its speech, truthful and an undertone of sadness came with each word.

{I'm sorry. I'm not okay. I lash out because I'm scared. She'll kill you. She'll kill anyone who cares. Lyalah cared and now she's gone and I hurt. Please...please don't let me push you away. I need you.}

Last edited:
The first time Keene's involuntarily message flitted across her mind, Tessa blinked in surprise and a look of confusion spread across her face. She studied Keene then, as if silently inquiring why he had chosen to send that message as opposed to just saying it out loud.

Before Tessa could bring the message to Keene's attention though, the black-haired man snarled and Tessa automatically bristled in response. Her violet eyes narrowed at the male and she growled softly as the man lashed out at her. It was obvious then, that Keene was unaware he had sent a message at all. That didn't matter to Tessa now though, as her blood boiled and she stood from the bar stool, ready to unleash a scathing response of her own.

Before she could though, a second message floated through her mind and Tessa froze. The simplicity of the words and the child-like tone behind them dug up memories of the young boy in Tessa's dream and a rush of sympathy filled her. The anger began to drain away and Tessa's violet eyes softened a little as they watched the man in front of her. He was still unaware that he had sent any message at all and that was a blessing; no doubt he would try to crack down on the involuntary messages if he knew. Tessa was grateful for the insight into Keene's head and she drew in a deep breath, making sure she was calm before she spoke next.

"I don't believe you. I have seen you go out of your way to make sure you don't hurt anyone unnecessarily. You're not a bad person, Keene - even if you're trying to make it seem like you are. Sorry, but you don't exactly scare me. I'm sticking around whether you like it or not."

Keene had been relieved to see her anger flare and he'd squashed any regret or hurt that wanted to rise up when she opened her mouth to speak, knowing that Tessa was going to release a torrent of potentially cruel words. He braced and hardened himself against them, knowing it was necessary. She'd say what she wanted to say and he'd cut her deeply...and then he'd walk away and her dislike of him would be restored. Everything would be 'right' again. Stable. Safe.

He stood there, expression completely blank but for the anger, the challenge in his dark green eyes. His body was stiff, as if waiting for a literal attack and it had become that way when Tessa stood. When the white-haired female froze, though, uncertainty flickered through him and he watched in complete confusion as she calmed and when she next looked at him, her eyes were soft again, understanding and he felt something crack inside him, a long, jagged line run up through his wall, unstoppable no matter what he did.

Her words blew him away - and it wasn't often someone could do that to Keene - and the hybrid stared at Tessa in disbelief and he realized he was shaking as he tried to take another step back and then had to still. She'd effectively disarmed him and Keene was now lost, unsure what to do and he finally looked away from the Illian-hybrid, his black tail jerking sporadically and his hand coming up to run nervously through his hair as he took an unsteady breath, his voice quiet.

"You're making a mistake. If you were wise, you'd stay away from me."

Tessa knew her words struck a chord with Keene as the man backed up with more surprise spread across his face than she had ever seen before. No doubt Keene had become used to effectively scaring away everybody that tried to get close to him and Tessa found herself thankful again that she was given the insight not to fall into the same trap. She knew Keene was listening now - truly listening - and that meant her next words mattered. Tessa took a second to think over what Keene had said before a sincere, yet slightly mischievous smile crossed her lips.

"I've never considered myself wise. I'm sticking with you, Keene. You're far too interesting to part with now. Besides, I have to help you save galaxies, after all."

Tessa's tone was slightly playful but her eyes were hard with a determination that revealed that she was simply not compromising with her decision. It wasn't entirely surprising coming from Tessa, since she tended to be stubborn and resolute in everything that she did anyway.

Damn. Her stubbornness seemed to match his own.

Keene found himself shaking his head, but the anger had drained from him and so had the surprise. He was now shielded again, in control and he glanced at Tessa through his black hair, studying her for a long moment with an unreadable expression before he finally spoke, turning away to go back to the stove so he could avoid having to face the female anymore...and to see how damaged the food was.

"I'm glad I amuse you to the point of suicidal tendencies."

His words were almost teasing, but there was a hint of sincerity to his tone, too. There was a part of him, deep down, that was actually grateful she hadn't left, that she was so determined to stay, that she was refusing to be intimidated by him. He really didn't know what to DO with that, hence him turning away from her, but he was strangely reassured that she was still standing before him, smiling at him, her eyes glittering like aurora-hued ice.

Keene found just the slightest - very slight - smile touching his lips and he spoke just loud enough for Tessa to hear and comment or to pretend she hadn't heard as she pleased as he stirred the food. "You're going to have to understand a bit more before you can save a galaxy, Snowy."

Reactions: khetawolf
Tessa watched Keene closely for his reaction, her violet eyes searching his jade ones for any indication of how the man felt. The hybrid's shields were up again, making him nearly impossible to read, but when Keene turned back around and spoke next, Tessa's smile widened. She had successfully broken past Keene's barriers, at least this time, and even though he seemed to have lock his emotions away again, Tessa was satisfied with her progress.

The white-haired female leaned against the counter, watching Keene as he tended to the overcooked food. At the man's remark, Tessa chuckled and smiled faintly.

"Well, you can help me with that, can't you, Hotshot?"

Hotshot. You know....he was actually starting to like that. Odd.

The hybrid snorted at her comment and he threw the food away with a feeling of disgust. What a waste. "Yeah. I can pretty much help you with anything relating to saving people. Whether or not you're going to have the stomach for it is debatable." Keene stated bluntly and he didn't miss a step as he started to make something else, a bit simpler than what he'd originally been planning, but now he was hungry and Dorene and Tessa had to be, too. In fact...the Nerd was going to be back any minute. Keene's eyes flashed gray as he glanced toward the doorway, stilling for a moment as the fact that the red-head would have fifty-thousand questions crossed his mind.

Just the thought exhausted him but....well, if Tessa was staying...it was a good bet that the other two were as well. He might as well get used to that - strange to think of him getting used to anything as that meant he'd be around it long enough to have to change - and make something of an effort to include them in on what he was doing if they were going to survive.

What a lovely thought.

Keene sighed and left this new concoction on the stove and this time stayed by the oven, leaning back against the counter and crossing his arms. His black tail came up then and he moved his arms as quickly as he'd crossed them, taking the scaled thing into his hand and running his fingers over the healing patches. They were still sensitive and he winced as his fingers grazed a tender area before he let his tail go and crossed his arms again, looking at Tessa.

"Anything you'd like to ask before Dorene and Raxiel get back in about....five minutes?"

Last edited:
Tessa smiled and rolled her eyes at Keene's comment. "I can stomach it. Besides, how rough can it be SAVING people?" Tessa wasn't really expecting a response and she watched Keene with interest as he threw away the food and began to cook anew. She was grateful that he had decided to start again; the scent of the first meal had made her mouth water and Tessa was eager to see what the man would cook up this time. Who knew the normally cold, inaccessible hybrid knew how to cook so well?

When Keene brought his tail up and gently ran his hand against it though, Tessa frowned slightly to see the patches that were not yet healed. At the male's question, Tessa looked up to meet his jade eyes and became thoughtful for a moment as she searched for questions. Raxiel and Dorene would need to be informed about several things anyway, so basic questions could wait. Now though, Tessa wanted to ask about something that Keene might not be so willing to answer in front of the others.

"Is your tail okay? Why wouldn't you let the doctor treat it back on the Explorer? ...Also, what was the drug you were taking?"

The first and second questions were fine with Keene - finally, there seemed to be something that WASN'T dangerous to talk about in his minefield of a mind - and he looked at his tail again, actively controlling it for a moment as he turned it this way and that before shrugging. "It's had a lot worse. This is minor damage. It'll be fine." he concluded before looking up at Tessa and a slight smirk, something between wry and morbidly amused crossed through his jade eyes.

"Imagine the most sensitive area on your body being stripped of skin and the nerves exposed, then burn that area. Think of that and you'll have a fraction of the pain caused when a Roenen tail is injured. Doctors...they mean well, most of them, but they don't deal with my kind and they don't understand parts of my anatomy. In the end they tend to cause more harm than good and I'd just been tortured. I was feeling a bit...intolerant."

The hybrid felt that was the end of that topic and he focused on Tessa's third query, not really wanting to answer that one. He was more than tempted to just say something along the lines of; 'something to control visions and something I rarely need anymore'. Yep, that's what he WANTED to say, but he knew that wouldn't satisfy the exotic female in front of him and she was kind of persistent.

Just a little.

Keene sighed and ran his hand back through his black hair, a nervous habit as he glanced at the food, making sure it didn't burn this time. "It's illegal, first off, so hard to come by; hence the reason the Emperor thought he had some control over me. It's called Lilanova and to anyone without a mental power, it's deadly. It...well, in lesser powers it makes you trip, enhances everything. For people like me, it does the opposite. That detached feeling that creates euphoria in others just makes it so I can think at a...well, not normal, but slower pace. The visions don't come as fast and they don't hold as much meaning to me. I don't care."

He shrugged a little, trying to appear nonchalant. "It works well when you're fighting and can't afford to be distracted by the people themselves that you're killing. I've been off and on Lilanova for almost two hundred years now. It's not as effect as it used to be and I go through some withdrawals each time I get off of it, but I can stay off if I want to. Sometime it's just...easier to take it."

Keene appeared amused then. "Annnnd it tends to make people think they have more of a hold on me than they do which works well when I have to work with an arrogant ruler."

The explanation of Keene's tail injury made Tessa's stomach twist and she forced herself not to flinch in vicarious pain as she listened. No wonder Keene had defended it so vehemently when the doctor tried to work on it. Her violet eyes went to the male's tail then, observing the wounded areas. Keene said he went through a lot worse...just how much worse? The thought bothered Tessa and she quickly pushed it out of her mind, focusing instead on Keene's answer to her third question.

Tessa watched the way Keene sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair, knowing this question proved harder for him to answer than the first two. She listened carefully when Keene spoke and it was easy for her to pick up the meaning in between the lines. Keene took Lilanova to stop caring; just as Tessa suspected, that meant the hybrid cared too much - hurt too much - from his visions and the people affected in them. Suddenly, Tessa felt very stupid for nearly falling for Keene's 'I'm a bad person' ruse. The man was good, whether he accepted it or not, and Tessa was slowly starting to understand why Keene did some of the things that he did.

Tessa didn't have a chance to inquire or comment further though, as Dorene and Raxiel walked into the room. Raxiel was impassive but Dorene was beaming, her soft green eyes brimming with excitement.

"The Aislon are such fascinating creatures! It's a shame they are so rare - but that just makes my notes all the more valuable. Once the war closes, we will no longer be fugitives, right? Because I HAVE to get this published."

Tessa groaned and rolled her eyes. "You get excited over the lamest things, Dorene."

Normally, Dorene would have bickered with Tessa over that remark, but now the redhead was far too happy to even acknowledge the jab and she sat down at a bar stool, watching Keene. "...You can cook?"

• Love
Reactions: Kaisaan
Keene hid a faint smile at Dorene's comments about Nyteek. If there was one thing in this world he absolutely did not mind talking about at all, it was his Aislon and when Tessa basically called the creature lame, he shot her a look she didn't see, readily making a note to put her in her place concerning this topic in the future. In the meantime... He looked over his shoulder, a brow raised beneath the fringes of his black hair.

"No, Dorene. I can't. This is all in your imagination."

The sarcasm was clear, but even as he spoke, he was serving them up and taking a seat on the opposite side of the bar, he slid their plates to them before starting in on his own food. He didn't seem at all effected by the heat of it, not even blowing on the steaming concoction and the hybrid glanced up at Dorene again and he did something that would probably shock the two females. He made an offer of information.

"I could tell you about Nyteek if you want to know more. She's been with me for nearly two hundred and sixty-odd years. I know all there is to know about her species."

At first glance this seemed like a pure offer, a gesture at civility. In depth, it was a ploy to keep Dorene from asking questions he didn't want to answer. If she was distracted, she might not bother him about the other things right now.

Dorene gave Keene a brief look at his sarcastic comment but she accepted the food gratefully. It smelled delicious and Dorene blew on the steaming food lightly before she took a bite and a smile spread across her face. She hadn't expected the hybrid to be any good at cooking and the pleasant surprise showed. Tessa didn't touch the food yet though, opting to wait until the food was cooled down before she even tried to eat it.

Keene's offer grabbed the attention of both females though, and they both looked at him with disbelief in their eyes. Tessa was quick to catch on; by now she was starting to pick up on Keene's behaviors and she knew the man wouldn't offer information like that normally. No, he was definitely up to something and it wouldn't take long for Tessa to figure it out.

Dorene though, held no suspicions about the offer. "Really!?" She smiled appreciatively and pulled out the small notebook she kept in her pocket along with a pencil.

"When did you first meet Nyteek and how did you bond with her? Does every Roenen have a Aislon? What happens if something happens to an Aislon or a Roenen? Can one survive without the other?"

Well, that worked.

Keene hid his amusement well as he appeared dutifully thoughtful about Dorene's questions. He knew, sensed that Tessa wasn't fooled, but he didn't mind that fact as long as she didn't say anything right now. It wasn't like he was saying he WOULDN'T answer the more important questions...he just didn't want to do it right NOW. That's all. Bottom line was, if Tessa called him on his diversion, he'd simply leave and they could all deal with no answers at all.

Sure, it was childish, but right now he didn't care.

"Aislon are only native to Nijera and that's a planet that belongs to the elven people. Roenen don't tend to mingle with other races, so I highly doubt any of them have an Aislon. Now, if something happens to an Aislon and an ELF, the effect are...unpleasant, but usually not life-threatening for the elf. If the elven-half of the bond is injured, the Aislon is unmanageable, a terror until they can be with their elf. If the elf dies, so does the Aislon. If it's the other way around...well, there is pain and grief, but elves are higher level intelligence so they move on. They'll never bond again, though."

Keene had chosen to address Dorene's first question last, but his memory was like a steel trap and he hadn't forgotten any of her queries, no matter what order he answered in. The hybrid had finished his food - and noted that in the future he should stick Tessa's in the freezer for a few minutes before serving her - and now he rested his forearms on the counter, looking at his hands again, reminiscing this time.

"When an elf comes of age, they are permitted to go to the Aislon Nesting Grounds. There, they find their Aislon or they don't. Those that do are honored, considered adults, warriors, protectors. Those that don't, well, they find other uses in the tribes and villages. I was around seventy, about sixteen in human years, when I decided I was ready to have an Aislon of my own. Of course, not being an elf, the offer wasn't extended to me, but I didn't care. I found my own way to the Nesting Grounds and....Nyteek found me."

A grin made it's way across Keene's face, an almost happy kind of glitter in his jade eyes. "She tried to kill me. That's how you know an Aislon is yours. If you can tame them, bend their will to your own, fly with them, then they are yours for life."

Last edited:
Dorene's light green eyes were wide as she listened to Keene recount his experiences and she frequently looked down at the notepad, writing quickly as the man spoke. She felt as though she had stumbled across a gold mine and the disbelief and excitement showed each time she looked up at the dark-haired hybrid, a look of pure awe on her face.

Tessa smiled, amused by Keene's trick and Dorene's behavior. She didn't say a word though, letting the redhead get her fill of the information and letting Keene keep the questions away from him. Normally, she didn't hesitate to call someone out for such things, but everyone benefited from the knowledge and Tessa couldn't deny that she found the stories interesting as well.

Dorene wrote for a few seconds after Keene stopped talking, adding a few notes here and there before she looked back up at the man. "Nyteek didn't mind that you weren't elven? Do you think your relationship is different with her because of your different blood? And how did the elves react when you got an Aislon of your own?"

Okay, that last question was a bit more personal than he liked, but it wasn't too bad and Keene knew that even though he was inwardly debating, he'd answer it. He'd just....glaze over the grittier bits. Yeah.

Giving himself a slight shake and bringing his mind back to the present, the hybrid started to answer the first two questions before the third, highly amused by Dorene's curiosity. Normally such things would have actually annoyed him, but....there was something about the red-head that was different....something he couldn't yet put his finger on. He found himself patient - well, as patient as he got - with her right now and the last person...no, people who'd gotten that from him were Lyalah and Atarn. Atarn STILL got that from him and that's who Dorene almost reminded him of. Not that Atarn was anything like Dorene, it was just....they had the same kind of....feel to them. Gah, it was hard to reason, even in his own mind.

"A few Aislon in history have accepted half-elven riders. They don't seem to mind overmuch the species as long as they can form a bond and find you worthy of it. I DO have elven blood in me somewhere. All Roenen do and I'm half, so it makes sense that I'd have a way to connect to Nyteek and she sensed that. All she wanted was to see if I was a worthy opponent and when I proved I was, she gave me her loyalty."

Their relationship? Keene frowned at that question, actually having to sincerely think about it. "I...she is far more intelligent than any Aislon I have met, bonded or otherwise. When an Aislon bonds, they...absorb some of the emotions and thoughts, the aura of their rider. They learn how to see the world around them by following their rider's ques and by reading into their rider's emotions and thought patterns even if they can't understand the thoughts themselves. You can tell a lot about a rider from the behavior of the Aislon and Nyteek...she tends to know things she shouldn't or sense things that shouldn't catch her attention. She's...not nearly up to par with say a human or even the lowest speaking lifeform, but she's a step up from her own kin for sure."

And now the question he didn't want to answer. Keene finally looked away from Dorene, from Tessa and Raxiel and he ran his hand through his black hair, the shorter strands brushing at his eyes, creating shadows over the black scales that adorned his cheekbones and the bridge of his nose. His jade eyes had paled just slightly, but his expression wasn't giving anything away.

"Well, what I'd done was sacrilege and I wasn't exactly on good terms with the Elven Council anyway which tends to happen when....nevermind. Basically, I was screwed. They tried to take Nyteek away from me and she ended up escaping. I wasn't so lucky and I was...punished before I managed to get away two days later. Umm.....I ran after that." Keene seemed to withdraw, growing colder, acting for all the world like he wasn't bothered by any of this.

"I lived for the next ten or so years on my own, in the jungle with Nyteek, avoiding the elves and pretty much every other form of civilization. I didn't want them to take her away from me again and well, she seemed to agree with that."

As Keene answered the first two questions, Dorene continued to write intently, glancing up only briefly to look at the male before continuing her writing. Tessa listened as well, though with much less fervor than Dorene, smiling faintly at the redhead's enthusiasm. When Keene began to answer the third question though, it didn't take long for both females to realize the conversation had turned into something darker.

Dorene stopped writing and looked up at Keene, her light green eyes showing a sad concern. Tessa listened more attentively now, but unlike Dorene, her violet eyes flashed with anger instead of sympathy. Hearing about the way the Elven Council had tried to take away Nyteek and then punished - a euphemism for some sort of torture, no doubt - Keene made Tessa bristle.

There were several seconds of uncomfortable silence after Keene finished and Dorene glanced between the two hybrids at the table. Tessa was quietly fuming and Keene had shut down, leaving Dorene as the only one to break the silence.

"Thanks for the notes, Keene. Many people will be happy to learn this information about the Aislon," Dorene said pleasantly and forced a faint smile. "So...what's next on the agenda?"

That seemed to break Tessa out of her thoughts and the white-haired girl directed her gaze towards her companion. "Keene said we're looking for someone that can help with The Horde." Her violet eyes went to Keene then. "Though, he's been awfully quiet about who this person is."

Their reactions unnerved him a little and Keene was very tempted - unlike him - to tell them it had merely been a few beatings and some plans to give him over to the Roenen. Nothing elaborate...he'd suffered far worse. Yeah, needless to say, the hybrid kept his mouth shut and he let the silence linger, only nodding with a sharp motion to Dorene when she thanked him. Damn, these people confused him and Tessa's reaction....made him wonder. Why was she so upset? Sure, she'd said she was staying, but come on, that was for curiosity's sake, nothing more.

Right?

She didn't actually have a reason to be so mad. She couldn't have come to care about him that much in a week....right?

Keene didn't have an answer for himself and he hated that. It made him irritable and when Tessa brought up the topic he'd specifically told her he couldn't tell her about right now, it caused that irritation to grow into anger and his jade eyes darkened to a forest green, glaring at the white-haired female with fire. His voice was deceptively soft, holding a warning that even Tessa would be wise to heed no matter how strangely compliant and lenient he'd been toward her, Nimue's heir or not.

"I have dredged up more of my past, my intentions and my decisions for you than I have done for anyone in almost two hundred years. That is NOT a small thing for me, so listen carefully when I tell you AGAIN that I CAN'T tell you about this person. I am not merely being an a** or stubborn or secretive for the hell of it. Some secrets are worth dying to protect and I would endure any torture, any and every death for this one."

Keene growled his next words, tail lashing. "Drop the subject."

Tessa was startled at how quickly Keene had angered and snapped at her, especially after their earlier conversation where Tessa had forced down her own anger to reassure Keene of her loyalty. Now though, Tessa let her anger rise to its height and her violet eyes darkened, narrowing at the man.

"Fine. So sorry I tried to figure out what the hell is going on."

Tessa got up then and left the room, muttering something angrily about "...really is an arrogant d***" as she passed the others and walked out, leaving her untouched food on the counter.

Dorene had cringed a little when Keene snapped and when Tessa stormed out, she wasn't entirely sure what to do. Her eyes nervously fell back on Keene and when she spoke next her voice was timid.

"I should go...do...something. Thanks for the food."

With that, Dorene stood as well and hurried out of the room. Raxiel merely regarded Keene coolly for a moment before he turned and followed his companions.

Keene couldn't say he hadn't deserved that walkout....but he also wasn't going to say that Tessa hadn't deserved him snapping. He'd told her and she'd refused to listen and when it came to Atarn and the threat posed to him from Rasheel...the hybrid couldn't afford to take any risks.

Sighing, he got up and started clearing away the bowls. It looked like he'd be going solo again for a while. It was a good thing this was a big ship...and he had Nyteek.

-----------

The next three days were tense. There were a few places that Tessa and Keene could not avoid each other and other places where they just sort of ended up there at the same time. Things were not awkward for the two of them, no they were angry and that left no room for awkwardness. That emotion was afforded to poor Dorene. Raxiel was oblivious - or so it appeared - and the red-head probably felt like she was caught in the middle of a showdown every so often.

Keene was more coldly indifferent than anything else and he spent most of his days either in the cockpit or with Nyteek. And while some of his mind was on Tessa and their spat....more of his mental power went toward trying to figure out just WHAT was wrong with his foresight.

He could use it, but only if he willed it and there was one, big gaping area like a shape passing before a light that he couldn't see. It was honestly scaring him a little and Keene became more on edge the longer it lasted, growing more and more withdrawn until he really wouldn't talk at all, to anyone about anything. Nyteek, usually gentle around Dorene now - she liked the girl - was starting to snap and snarl, growing agitated as her rider's symptoms became too much for her to ignore. The Aislon knew something was wrong just as Keene did.

So it wasn't a great surprise to him - even as it was - when he suddenly realized when he'd experienced this before. He was staring out that window, spinning in his chair, when the revelation came and Keene felt as if his lungs had been squeezed into a vice. It was too late, though....he knew it was too late even as he stood. He didn't know where he was going to go, what he was going to do to escape this. He couldn't.

And he didn't.

Keene collapsed, a tortured scream ripping from his throat as his foresight suddenly descended on him like a tsunami. He watched the planet be demolished by fire, watched as the people burned, felt their pain - brief for them, but not for him under the onslaught of so many at once - and their life being snuffed out, futures extinguished. The hybrid was lost to the destruction, uncaring about what he did as it consumed him. He writhed, his hands gripping his head and he didn't stop screaming, tears tracking in rivets down his face as his gray eyes stared at nothing.

Tessa had done her best to avoid Keene over the past three days but each time she accidentally ended up in the same place as the man, she bristled angrily and on more than one occasion she had almost snapped at him outright.

Dorene was dealing with the two moody hybrids the best that she could but found that it was just easier to avoid both. As a result, she initially spent a good deal of time with Nyteek, observing and recording the Aislon's behavior. That is, until Nyteek began to reflect Keene's agitation and then Dorene was forced to avoid her as well.

By the time the three days had passed and Keene was in the cockpit, about to be overcome by his own foresight, Tessa was restlessly wandering the ship while Dorene harbored in her room with Raxiel, safely tucked away from her more heated companions.

Keene's scream grabbed the attention of both females from their respective locations and Tessa was the first to move; even though she was undeniably frustrated with the hybrid, the reaction to respond to danger was immediate and she ran to the cockpit. Seeing Keene on the floor, Tessa cursed and knelt down next to the man, reaching out as she touched his arm.

"Keene, are you ok-"

Tessa's eyes widened as Keene's vision flashed through her mind and with a gasp, she quickly pulled her hand back. What she had seen lingered in her mind though, and Tessa couldn't help when her body trembled in response. Swallowing hard, she forced herself to bring her mind back to the present, at least long enough to attend to the man in front of her.

"S***, what the f*** do I do?"

Status
Not open for further replies.