Servant's Secret

• Thread starter ᴋɪᴛsᴜɴᴀᴇ
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexander rolled his eyes, yet, smiled as he took the two drinks out to the living room. Handing one to Aiden, he sat down his own on the coffee table before he turned around, about to head into the kitchen once more. That is, before he was halted in his tracks.

"You like her."

Alex grimaced, and turned around again. "If you mean that I like her as a person, then you are correct, little brother."

"No, I mean you like her. You know, as a romantic interest."

"I barely know her, Aiden."

"You barely knew all the others."

"Shut the hell up."

"Just saying! You look at her differently. Maybe because, unlike your other sex partners and so-called girlfriends, she's, well, she's real- genuine. Kind."

Alex narrowed his eyes. "That's why I like her, as a friend, and as a help to the family, Aiden." The man sighed, leaving the blonde to suspect what he'd been right about. Perhaps there was something about this Mackenzie girl, but he couldn't allow himself to figure out what exactly had him feeling about her the way he did. She was pretty cute, and sure, there was an interest. Though he knew he wasn't in love. Love was a weird concept for him, one he didn't quite know, nor understand, yet.
The man walked back, grabbing the plate of the delicious deserts Mack had made, and he sat on the couch, father from Aiden as he put them on the coffee table.

Mack wandered into the living room completely unaware of the tension between the two brothers, though she had an inkling judging by the distance they put between each other. She had every intention to snag the spot on the end, not wanting to intrude too much, but she was left with little options; smooshing herself between the two or sitting on another piece of furniture altogether, which seemed a little standoffish to her.

"Um.." Hesitancy showed as she sat down between the two brothers, setting her glass of milk down on the table, making sure to put it on a coaster, as she sat back against the couch. "It's okay if I sit here, right?" She asked with a small voice, looking between the two with wide, innocent eyes.

Aiden smirked, "Yes it is, beautiful."

Alexander's eyes widened, and his head snapped to stare at his brother. What the hell was he doing? Aiden's smirk was still there, as he returned his brother's glare. The look Alex gave his younger sibling didn't need a voice to tell him that Alex was going to end him. Apparently he'd just gotten the spark of courage to play with fire. Though, he was proving a point. Why else would Alex be so defensive and jealous?

The blonde continued, "You don't have to ask, you're welcome to sit anywhere. Besides, it's nice having such a pretty lady sitting at my side and enjoying such wonderful deserts that were made with her amazing cooking talents. Might I add how kind you are for it, thanks, Mack. Can I call you that? I just-"

"Okay, that's enough!" Alex suddenly growled, standing up in protest. Then, embarrassed at his outburst, he rubbed the back of his neck. Aiden was looking surprised and innocent, the asshole. Quickly, the dark haired man got to saving himself. "I think you're overwhelming Mackenzie with all the compliments. They're very true, but we need to make her feel at home, Aiden." He added.

Alex sighed with relief internally; now just to find a reason for standing. Ah. The remote- he walked over and picked it up before coming back as he turned the television on.

Mackenzie's cheeks burned red when Aiden replied back to her. Beautiful? That was a little... improper, especially since he was younger than she was too. Maybe he was into older girls? Either way, Mack accepted the awkward compliment with a girlish giggle as she picked up her glass of milk to take a drink of it--her mouth suddenly became dry. However she couldn't help but to notice the way Alex's head snapped up and he glared at his brother, only making the feeble servant of a woman shrink further into the couch, feeling like she had done something wrong. Of course, the younger brother continued with his onslaught of sweet talking her, only proving to make her cheeks significantly darken in color. She was just about to reply, to tell him he could call her Mack, when Alex cut in with that deep growl of his that sent a shiver down her spine.

Green eyes snapped over to the older brother, wide with shock at his sudden outburst. She watched with half-amused eyes as he seemed to melt with embarrassment; it was cute. From her spot, Mackenzie cleared her throat, preparing to insert herself into their conversation. First she turned her eyes to Aiden, flashing him a bright smile. "Of course you can call me Mack." Her voice was probably too cheery than it needed to be, but she didn't want to make him angry or sad. Now her gaze leveled on Alex, eyes completely innocent. "It's fine. I mean, it is a bit inappropriate considering I'm at work right now, but what girl doesn't want compliments?" It seems she is completely unaware of Alex's initial jealousy, though he did cover it up well.

"So how are the cookies? I hope they aren't bad." After flashing a smile to both brothers Mackenzie set her glass of milk back onto the coaster and plucked one of the cookies off the plate, bringing it to her lips to take a small bite out of it to test her work. A small 'mmm' left her lips, answering her question. They were really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.