FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually every day, but I often don't like posting every day.
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, high fantasy, romance, slice of life, sci-fi, grimdark, light fandoms (next gen, non canon chars, etc)
A letter. In his hand, Zuriel stared at the letter that had led him here. It was a simple piece of parchment, claiming the sender needed his help. Mortals needing his help was not at all strange, he often helped those wanting to destroy evil creatures. He was an angel who was seen to be not connected to the heavens anymore, many knew him as a rogue who could assist without interference. They were wrong, of course, but it was how he let them see him.

This letter had led him to a tavern in the rather small town of Elington, an almost exclusively human town, filled with farmers, beggars, and merchants. He had yet to see anything other than a human inside the town. The tavern itself was called The Bleeding Trapper. He could never get used to the silly names of places like these. He reached towards the door of the tavern, and pushed it open with ease. Inside, the smell of alcohol, smoke, and food hit him like a wall. He peered around the smoky tavern, noting some patrons. None of them seemed to be very interesting, mostly farmers and guards. One person, however, caught his interest. A younger woman who looked to be already whetting her thirst. Taking a short moment to scour the tavern with his telepathy, he could see that she was indeed the one who he was looking for.

Zuriel moved past the tables, until he reached her. He sat down adjacent to her, placing the letter in front of where she sat. He could only hope she wasn't too far into her drinks, and could speak to him without too much trouble. Drunk humans were some of his least favorite people, even more than the dwarven folk.

"I received your summons." He told her, eyes scanning her face. "You claim you need help. I can be that help. You may call me Theliel, a rogue but not fallen cherub," His face remained neutral, as he simply stared at her. "I can help you find what or who you seek, at a fair price."

It had been a long day for Naori, as long as a day of hunting down people, monsters, things of any kind could be. It was dirty work but it paid for the mead in her hand. Taking a long swig Naori leaned herself up against the table, preparing for the long haul. It had been several days since she had given the letter to someone who knew the cherub she was looking for. Someone who could lead her to that bastard Zuriel.

The stupid archangel had killed her family a long time ago for a piece of damn bread. They had stolen it to feed her but instead of giving them food he decided, fuck it I'm going to kill them. Just thinking about him pissed her off to no end. She was continuing to enjoy her drink when something white slid into her view. Opening an eye she gently removed the glass from her lips as she listened to the person next to her.

Glancing over at the man Naori was suddenly glad she didn't have her drink in her mouth. She felt like she had seen him before, and something about him gave her the impression of arrogance. He might have had something to do with her past, which meant he would be useful.

"Yes, I was the one who contacted you. I need you to find someone for me. An archangel named Zuriel. Since you help get rid of injustices maybe you can get rid of a murderer."

Zuriel's attention piqued. He had not remembered killing anyone in cold blood. If he had, he surely would not be here, still angelic. However, if this human wanted to be rid of an angel, he may have to be rid of her. He'd have to be sure as to why she wanted him gone in the first place. For now, he simply looked at her with an almost bemused gaze.

"That is a difficult task you would have me do." He told her, nodding slowly. "But I can find him. He tends to spend most of his time here in the mortal plane." He said, brushing some hair behind his ear. He might have to lead her on for some time in order to pry pertinent information from her. He stopped a barmaid who was walking past, requesting some water from her, then returned to Naori.

"As for my payment, I usually ask for full payment once the task has been completed, and a small amount to cover my own travel expenses. Payment will be gauged on how dangerous the job is." He paused as a mug of water was set in front of him. It wasn't the cleanest, but it wasn't as if he would become ill over some well water. He took a short drink, placing it back down in front of him.

"My terms are rather simple. I do not work alone, and will be travelling with you in search of what you need. I am your guide and protector. If I do my job properly, I expect payment as soon as the job is complete and it is safe to transfer said payment to me. If I do not follow my end of the bargain, I will not expect the rest of my payment. If I find I am being led astray in order to commit an evil act, I am within my right to abandon you and your job. I will not steal for you, I will not murder for you, I will not commit any crime for you. If I kill, I must have proof of a wrongdoing or to defend myself, but I will injure before I kill. I will do whatever is in my power to stop you from doing any evil acts as well. If you attack me without provocation or magical influence, I will defend myself."

After finishing his terms, he watched her for any sort of reaction. He couldn't feel any evil from her. Mostly he could feel something misguided, and revenge. There was something dark in her heart, but it was not evil. It was rage. Rage could easily turn into something evil, however, and it would be best to keep track of her before it got out of control. He was still rather curious as to why she would be after him. He would wait to read her mind until he first had an answer from her.

"If you agree to these terms, then we can move on to the next order of business. I need to know why exactly you want this angel gone. It is a grave sin to kill or aid in the killing of one of my brothers without proper reason." He glanced around the room, noticing a few interested people glancing their way. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "If this is personal information, I might suggest us moving somewhere else to avoid prying ears."