Seeking Something New, Fresh, and Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tiramisu

Original poster
Hey guys!
First off, I'm not new. I'm like... a thousand years old.

Anyway, I'm looking for a group RP! It doesn't have to be already created, it could even start off as a fresh idea that we could build up together! Kinda like playing 'House'.

I like to have those 'lucid dreams' kind of RP. So real, that you can almost touch it, a lullaby, mythical, majestic, something that I'd read before going to bed so that I know how to reply back to something as magnificent and charismatic, and charming as the post before it! gasp

But I digress.

So, up for some creative writing anyone? I'm open to questions!

• Love
Reactions: Cwispy
Headphone Jack is a modern-ish RP set in a country which has outlawed music. The main characters are the 2 rival gangs who bring illegal music paraphernalia back into the country, the police (known as clefs) who deal with that, and the civilians surrounding them all.

The RP started just recently, has a small group of players, and encourages multiple characters. We're currently looking for Clefs, but any character type is accepted. The world is fairly laid out but the plot is character-driven, not GM-driven, so you have a lot of control to move things in ways you want. =)

Headphone Jack is a modern-ish RP set in a country which has outlawed music. The main characters are the 2 rival gangs who bring illegal music paraphernalia back into the country, the police (known as clefs) who deal with that, and the civilians surrounding them all.

The RP started just recently, has a small group of players, and encourages multiple characters. We're currently looking for Clefs, but any character type is accepted. The world is fairly laid out but the plot is character-driven, not GM-driven, so you have a lot of control to move things in ways you want. =)
Now when you say 'outlaw' do you mean by law, or just a prohibited by clefs?

@Moca Latté

By law!
Metallica, the dominating political party in Musica's (the country's) totalitarian dictatorship, outlawed music in what was called "The Mute Movement" approximately 100 years ago. All citizens receive "Ties" which are extra things in the inner ear that render audio frequencies outside the realm of human speech painful to hear. This fosters a culture of general distaste for music.

This is from the extended info:
Laws

Musica is considered a developed and civilized country with a surprisingly complacent citizen base. There is a high quality of life and an average amount of political and violent crime. As such, the current laws are comparable to any real world developed country with similar quality of life.
Musica would have comparable laws to: The EU, UK, and Canada, and Australia.
Gun legislation is most similar to Canada, while non-lethal weapons (e.g. mace, tazers, etc.) are most similar to the USA (i.e. easily acquired and not heavily restricted in most areas).

The primary divergence are the laws against music, which is most analogous to the US's war on drugs.

The Music Ban
Music is not tolerated in Musica. Offenses against the ban are left to each individual Clef to interpret.
Players may come together to form more specific crime classes if they wish, but generally, the crimes break down to whether or not a Clef believes an offender to be affiliated with a gang. Punishment can vary from friendly warnings, tickets, fines, and arrests.

As an example, if a civilian is wearing a set of headphones that is not connected to anything, they might be let go with a warning. Due to Musician ignorance, it is entirely possible the civilian through the headphones were a fashion accessory.

Humming, singing, or otherwise somehow producing music, is a larger offense dependent on the motive behind it and the motivation of the Clef.

Listening to and enjoying music, intent to sell or deal music, or owning a still functional music-producing instrument (such as a guitar) are the worst music-related offenses.

The Political Climate
Domestically
Musicians generally find the Metallica to be benevolent, and therefore are not politically motivated to overthrow the party or incite unrest. The main detractors are the gangs, which the public looks down upon as miscreants.

Since music brings pain to Musicians, there is no drive to sympathize with gang members or the war on music. The highly policed wall border is not of much public interest, and sympathy against cruel punishment to gang members is uncommon.

Internationally
Musica is surrounded by ocean on it's north, west, and southwest sides. To the east and southeast are three bordering countries: Headphone, Indie, and Emo.

The neighbor countries are adversely affected by the Great Wall. Emo, to the south, also has an ocean border, but refuses to participate in trade with Musica due to the Mute Movement. Indie, a landlocked country, must pay high fees and deal with huge delays to trade through the wall. The costs are so great that it frequently will instead trade through Headphone.
Headphone, the northernmost country, has declared itself politically neutral. It generally does not bother trading through the wall and instead focuses on cargo shipments through it and Musica's northern harbors.

Given Emo's political position and Indie's geographical limitations, Headphone is prospering economically. The dissatisfaction among Indie and Emo is beginning to culminate, however, and there are whispers of war.

EDIT:
But also, sort of by Clefs as well. Clefs are a semi-secret police force and are given a bunch of leeway to do whatever they want, really. You can read more about that character type here if you're interested. ( "What makes a Clef" )

Last edited:
@Moca Latté

By law!
Metallica, the dominating political party in Musica's (the country's) totalitarian dictatorship, outlawed music in what was called "The Mute Movement" approximately 100 years ago. All citizens receive "Ties" which are extra things in the inner ear that render audio frequencies outside the realm of human speech painful to hear. This fosters a culture of general distaste for music.

This is from the extended info:

EDIT:
But also, sort of by Clefs as well. Clefs are a semi-secret police force and are given a bunch of leeway to do whatever they want, really. You can read more about that character type here if you're interested. ( "What makes a Clef" )
Ah! That does sound nice. I briefly read the plot for the RP you have going, and I hate to sound rude and abrupt, but I don't think I would've made a great candidate.
Lovely offer!

If you're into fantasy, and have read your fair share of books (or not, I don't mind), then I would like to invite you to The Chronicles of Narnia: A Sword and a Cup! The roleplay follows three exiled telmarines and three Old Narnians, working to overcome their differences and getting to the bottom of a series of strange dissapearances.

The roleplay has technically started, but as one player has gone missing, we need someone to fill it in or replace his character.

Link to the signups and IC so far is in my signature!

If you're into fantasy, and have read your fair share of books (or not, I don't mind), then I would like to invite you to The Chronicles of Narnia: A Sword and a Cup! The roleplay follows three exiled telmarines and three Old Narnians, working to overcome their differences and getting to the bottom of a series of strange dissapearances.

The roleplay has technically started, but as one player has gone missing, we need someone to fill it in or replace his character.

Link to the signups and IC so far is in my signature!
Oh, it's been a long while since I've seen that movie!

Oh, it's been a long while since I've seen that movie!
So what do you say? Are you in for it?

If you have trouble remembering the movie (this roleplay takes place shortly before it), then giving you a quick briefing would be nothing in the way of a problem.

So what do you say? Are you in for it?

If you have trouble remembering the movie (this roleplay takes place shortly before it), then giving you a quick briefing would be nothing in the way of a problem.
Just might. The problem is though... I didn't watch the other movies after it. And I've tried. I just can't do it. The RP is chronically with the movie right; since it takes place shortly after...?

Just might. The problem is though... I didn't watch the other movies after it. And I've tried. I just can't do it. The RP is chronically with the movie right; since it takes place shortly after...?
The movies after Prince Caspian aren't really necessary to know what's going on in this roleplay.

And while it takes place shortly before the movie, it uses the same setting, mentioned the same characters, etc., so we're trying to stick closely to canon.

Well, I'm quite new to this site, but I saw this and decided, "Sure, why not."

I have no certain basis off of any specific Roleplay, but my base idea is a world set in a medieval tone, with witches, warlocks, magics, etc. 5 Centuries after a war between humans and Heavenly Beasts, a race of strong and strange animals and demons, etc. But the Sanin, a group f the worlds most powerful Mages and Witches, have began to disappear.

Well, I'm quite new to this site, but I saw this and decided, "Sure, why not."

I have no certain basis off of any specific Roleplay, but my base idea is a world set in a medieval tone, with witches, warlocks, magics, etc. 5 Centuries after a war between humans and Heavenly Beasts, a race of strong and strange animals and demons, etc. But the Sanin, a group f the worlds most powerful Mages and Witches, have began to disappear.
Kinda sound short and could slowly become of a group RP to a 1 x 1 RP.
It's just my vision of seeing it. Any new ideas?

The movies after Prince Caspian aren't really necessary to know what's going on in this roleplay.

And while it takes place shortly before the movie, it uses the same setting, mentioned the same characters, etc., so we're trying to stick closely to canon.
That's going to be really hard for meeee ;A;

Kinda sound short and could slowly become of a group RP to a 1 x 1 RP.
It's just my vision of seeing it. Any new ideas?
Not really . . . It came up as an idea, and I have absolutely no idea how to make it good. ;-;

That's going to be really hard for meeee ;A;
Would you please give it a chance nonetheless? As far as I'm aware, our characters will spend a lot of time in and around the forest, so we won't be sticking around anywhere populated by humans. Besides, our group is a friendly and close-knit one, and we can easily help you out if you get lost.

Not really . . . It came up as an idea, and I have absolutely no idea how to make it good. ;-;
Well, when I run out of ideas, I dream a better one.

My dreams go off the rails, BUT you could turn your dream into an RP idea. :3

Would you please give it a chance nonetheless? As far as I'm aware, our characters will spend a lot of time in and around the forest, so we won't be sticking around anywhere populated by humans. Besides, our group is a friendly and close-knit one, and we can easily help you out if you get lost.
Now that you said it, I think there are only monsters and golem humans in that closet...

Status
Not open for further replies.